Display name change

Display name change

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: EB1F4A40-5973-418B-883C-8C4B21798ADB

EB1F4A40-5973-418B-883C-8C4B21798ADB

As you all can see my display name is horrific and I asked if it could be changes. I was told that it can be done but account may break.
So I want to know if anyone have got their display name changed without problems?

Display name change

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Whoever you spoke to doesn’t know what they’re talking about. They routinely change display names that are against ToS and in your case, it’s a bug and they can change it to what it’s supposed to have been.

Update your ticket and ask to speak to someone else. If all else fails, after 3 days of no one answering your ticket, you can put your ticket number in the above red stickied thread “Tickets for review. 3 days and older” and have a member of management look at it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Display name change

Posted by: TeaWolf.5812

TeaWolf.5812

Actually, there can be problems with display name changes.

I had asked for one about an alternate account (same reason as the OP), and they accidentally “renamed” my main account, which resulted in a switch from “TeaWolf.8935” to “TeaWolf.5812”. While things are mostly alright, the game can’t seem to decide which of these to use, and switches between the new and original one randomly at times.

The one issue this leads to is people occasionally being unable to send me mail. They right click on my entry in the friends list or guild roster, but the recipient in the message window might not be the display name the game thinks is currently active for me, resulting in “recipient not found” kind of error messages.

Display name change

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Display names can break when we change them which is why we always advise that it may happen. Emphasis on may, might, could, chance.

It’s rare; but it’s a pain in the kitten for players when it happens.

In this case; I’d absolutely take up the offer to change it. Being known as a serial code occasionally is better than always.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928