Download speed is a joke

Download speed is a joke

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Belmont.4682

Belmont.4682

I’m having the same problem, using the shortcut trick of adding -assetsrv 62.154.232.187:80 to the target line isnt working either, it prevents the launcher from even downloading something.

Download speed is a joke

Posted by: Exceedinglimits.8025

Exceedinglimits.8025

im having the same problem, ridiculous been waiting all week to play the update. fix your kitten servers anet

Download speed is a joke

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Some things can help a bit to speed it up. Repair your client, delete temp files, defragment, delete old picture/music, do disc clean up. This can make more room for the download, can speed up your internet, and when your client is repaired it just is nice ^^Please follow these steps to verify and repair the archive:
Locate your Gw2.exe file.
Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.
Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.
Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.
Locate the Target line and add –repair to the end. …
Click OK.
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Also if you close the client, push refresh reopen it and wait and don’t have any other windows open at all, it downloads faster.

Download speed is a joke

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

Same here.
Tried -repair to no avail.
Restarted the client several times, just in case.
It just does not finish the update.

Attachments:

Download speed is a joke

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

restart the whole computer, open the client and don’t touch anything , let it set for 2 mins, it should start to download things.

Download speed is a joke

Exceedinglimits.8025

mine maxes out at 2MB and then randomly drops down to 0

Download speed is a joke

Posted by: Michella Long Legs.4579

Michella Long Legs.4579

Dear Arena Net,

I am going to weigh in.

You said "Repair your client, delete temp files, defragment, delete old picture/music, do disc clean up. " I do that on a regular basis ALL of it.

I have fiber optic ISP so I get top speed of 1 Gb up and down. I believe trunk line is the only way I can get better speed.

Everything else downloads very fast except from you. I start d/l and what takes literally 30 secs to a minute elsewhere takes five, ten, twenty or more minutes from you.

Kinda ridiculous that I seem to have faster ISP than you?

Regards.
Michella Long Legs.4579

Always choose to have a wonderful day.

Download speed is a joke

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^I don’t think that was someone from ArenaNet suggesting you try those tips.

Download speed is a joke

Posted by: Michella Long Legs.4579

Michella Long Legs.4579

Oh, I forgot.

It takes forever to log out or exit to desktop and loading areas and instances take a longer time than other games. Also, at times the game becomes jerky and I attempt to logout or exit and end up staring at the screen for minutes until i finally CTR ALT DELETE and sign out. Sometimes I have to reboot. Have 8 Gb RAM and 4 Gb Nvida GeForce card so game has resources.

I realize there is a lot of information being sent and received on your end. However, all the stuff I have d/l and the ONLY application that never reaches top d/l speed is Guild Wars 2? If it has gone beyond 1000 Kb a second then I missed it.

Having the speed I have that is, to me, ridiculous.

Always choose to have a wonderful day.

Download speed is a joke

Exceedinglimits.8025

i feel the same way michella, i have 300mbps and i can’t get anything higher than 2MB from the server and im not going to leave my computer on for like 3 days or however long to download the rest of the update. It’s a bit ridiculous

Download speed is a joke

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sorry to hear you have issues. My patches download at 4MB/sec, though it can move up and down when there are many attempting to download at the same time.

You might consider contacting the Tech CS Team for assistance.

Good luck.

Download speed is a joke

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

I went through a significant amount of troubleshooting with their support team a while back and NONE of their suggestions worked to solve this. Now many months later with a new system and new windows and new GW2 install I come back for LS3 and this is still happening. No other game has this issue, everything on steam or BNet (or any other downloader) max my connection, and here is the update for GW2 crawling down at 1-10 KB/s.

Download speed is a joke

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The patching process downloads individual files and then applies the patch for each one. Lots of small files will reduce the download rate considerably while large files will download at a fairly good rate. Remember that the download server CDNs don’t have infinite network capability so when everyone tries to download at the same time, it’s likely configured to cap the transfer rate at the server end to allow more players to fetch the download at the same time.

Sorry it took a whole 6-7 minutes to get that patch for you (assuming 2 megabytes per second), it took me and my tiny pipe around 45 minutes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes