FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

I opened an in-game ticket on this a few days ago, but wasn’t given a ticket number, so I’ve opened one on the web site:

#120905-006964

I own two accounts. I was able to purchase gems a couple of days after launch on my other account, but I get a “Card Approval Failed” message on this account. I haven’t tried to purchase gems again on the other accounts because I don’t need them right now.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

Posted by: Kelaren.5089

Kelaren.5089

I’m having issues purchasing Gems as well and i’ve opened a ticket on it over 4 days ago.
Ticket Number 120901-009841

Posted by: Ms Sooz.1095

Ms Sooz.1095

Cannot purchase gems [Incident: 120902-005505] 09/02/2012 02:46 AM

Hello,

I am having an issue purchasing gems on two accounts (mine & my husbands). When I enter all of the information and try to finish the transaction I receive a message that says to check the card information or contact support because the transaction failed.

I have checked the account the card is linked to for any funding issues (none), ID theft (none) or holds (none). I do not have another card I can use to purchase gems in order to test the card number, but it works at other online & physical retailers just fine.

We are on the Gates of Madness server, NA.

Posted by: Ms Sooz.1095

Ms Sooz.1095

I am also unable to purchase items from the store with gems I currently have (which I bought before this started happening). Anything that costs gems cannot be purchased. Click to confirm, but the item is not sent and no gems are deducted.

Posted by: SeventhSon.8172

SeventhSon.8172

Well they just took Trade Post offline. Hopefully they acknowledged and are fixing it!

Posted by: Narwain.6314

Narwain.6314

You obviously payed for all the people getting one or two extra character slot with each purchase. :P

I hope not xD
Or, at least, I hope they solve the problem for us :P

Posted by: Meynko.1486

Meynko.1486

On 2-9 I’ve purchased gems with Paypal.
Although the payment has been processed I have not received the gems from this order.

On 3-9 I’ve put in a ticket but I have not been replied to yet.

Ticketnumber: 120903-008152

Edit: I got my gems added today. Thank you.!

(edited by Meynko.1486)

Posted by: Atif.5327

Atif.5327

Same issue with unable to buy gems
Incident: 120830-013912
and
Incident: 120902-011276

due to the week-long wait for a response.

Posted by: Tamael.2167

Tamael.2167

Is ANYONE doing anything about this??

Would appreciate some communication please…

Posted by: Alinor.8719

Alinor.8719

I changed my password into something more secured and I can finally buy gems again. Perhaps that was the problem.

Posted by: Zarron.6420

Zarron.6420

When this happened to me, after forcing a re-patch the problem was solved. I don’t know why, I don’t know if the solution was caused by re-patching, but if you don’t have any other trouble shooting paths open to you, try that.

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

I hope it will be back soon. :S

Posted by: Graven.9462

Graven.9462

Ticket Number: 120905-002249
Submitted: 09/05/2012

Always get card approval failed, wife can use card with no issues.

Posted by: Trik.6197

Trik.6197

It sucks how there’s noone to talk to directly.

Posted by: Vaash.8956

Vaash.8956

Incident: 120829-005522 – 29th August
cannot finalize purchases, even though I’ve made purchases on the Gem store before.
my paypal and credit card are both in good standing and working.
please help,

Vaash – Legendary Peasant Eater
Alliance of the Forgotten Seas [AFS]
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: ExoGamerZ.5086

ExoGamerZ.5086

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to you remove a saved credit card from the gem store? I accidentally saves my visa info there

Posted by: Fan corzine.7901

Fan corzine.7901

Hello
I’m just in the mall to buy a (4000– $50) gems
But the gems has not been updated, maintained at 0
please help me !

Posted by: Graven.9462

Graven.9462

I hate to be one of “those” people, but…

If I get a response back and it says I am “High Risk” with no explanation and they tell me to get a new card or a new copy of the game I will quit right then and there. They may be B2P but their lifeblood will be the Gem Store and it is ridiculous to have no communication on this.

Posted by: Creaky.8596

Creaky.8596

They are fixing it. Hang in there.

Posted by: sdluca.4706

sdluca.4706

I was able to buy gems twice in the past few days, but it seems to work erratically.
Further i could only pay via pyapla, my CC (mastercard) never worked.
As of now, paypal is not working either.
My ticket m° is 120905-007353

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

And if it is like last time they’ll deliver what you bought/sold, so there is no need to worry.

Posted by: Exkramental.3410

Exkramental.3410

same as the the other, both paypal and card fail, not sure why as i have the cash,

120905-006694

Posted by: ranger.8364

ranger.8364

I submitted a ticket in-game four days ago but didn’t get a mail with an incident number.
Just submitted a ticket via the web and now have this: #120905-007416

Same issue, unable to purchase (UK) with a VISA debit or a PayPal account with the funds available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by: SirLagAlot.8049

SirLagAlot.8049

I purchased gems, received the gems, then purchased a crafting booster. However, I never received the crafting booster and it took my gems. I know it’s only 150 gems but I don’t like spending money on a game just to get ripped from it.

I submitted a support ticket days ago, no response yet.. Are you guys aware of the issue?

[IG] Infernal Gamers – A Darkhaven Guild

Posted by: Dragon.1928

Dragon.1928

Same problem, can’t buy any more gems, Ticket Number 120830-013118.

With character slots and bank/character inventory slots, people would be purchasing these account upgrades, I don’t see how they can be consider high risk since they are upgrades. This game has just short of the amount of Races and Classes combos of EQ2, and never had a problem there. I already lost a few names that I wanted to keep, since I can’t buy any more gems, please fix or remove restriction.

Posted by: Moohirim.9037

Moohirim.9037

i think a good amount is having this problem, i bought gems as well and lost 900, which i made a support ticket on. I havent recieved a answer on it aswell

Posted by: Rayyne.7613

Rayyne.7613

I am having the same issue, none of my CC’s will work and all are valid with more then enough on them. respone to all is card approval failed. I have talked to my financial institution and verified there is nothing on there end. They don’t even see the request coming through. Please remove whatever limitations are restricking this. It would have also been nice to have received some kind of notification from NCSoft as to why and what needs to be done instead of leaving people sorta hanging there.

ticket #120901-014185.

Posted by: MrNoobin.7386

MrNoobin.7386

At the weekend I brought 1600 gems got the email thanking me for my purchase but the gems never appeared. 120902-010417

Last night I brought 800 gems, went back for some more but got the message that my credit card failed approval, I also tried to purchase gems through paypal but got a message saying “An error occurred finalizing your purchase.” I have brought gems before with the same credit card I also brought the digital version of the game with the same card. 120904-009455

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

Any updates from ArenaNet on this issue? Clearly alot of people have the issue. I tried buying gems again today and still no luck. Can you give us a status? Have you identified the issue? Any ETA on a fix?

Posted by: DaleYYC.8395

DaleYYC.8395

In response to all of this talk. I think that what is important to note here is that:

a: our credit cards/PayPal are not declining
b: the error says that they are declined
c: ArenaNet people are saying that there are “restrictions” for some people.

Personally, I think that if there are restrictions on buying gems, then they should be available to read so we can see what they are and the error message should state the real reason for the transaction not going through.

I feel that the way this is being handled is unprofessional on their part and sadly disappointing seeing how great the game is and the patience of their customers. These types of dicey handlings of issues leave a bad taste in people’s mouths. I hope that they resolve this soon.

Wynter

Posted by: Poid Paradox.4861

Poid Paradox.4861

120903-010211
120904-004897

Same issue one via mastercard
and now via paypal – I submitted 2 tickets one for each issue – both where working now both do not – no response as yet

Poid Paradox [VII] EU

Posted by: Oddisee.9627

Oddisee.9627

Bought 20 dollars worth of gems 3 seperate times via paypal during the headstart. For the past 3-4 days now i’ve been unable to purchase any, either via paypal or direct with CC. Much like everyone else here, it’s not my cards that are the issue. Filled out a ticket 2+ days ago, no response.

[Incident: 120904-001?985]

Posted by: Skugga.5298

Skugga.5298

They are greedy and want you to use the cash shop.

If what you say would be true then they wouldn’t even put the shop offline so that they can deliver to the current players. Plus they could have added some overpowered items in the cash shop but you won’t find those either.

The last thing you can say about A-net is that it’s a greedy company – . -

Posted by: Moomba.1837

Moomba.1837

Ok, im slowly getting frustrated. please find my updated ticket regarding this issue

[Incident: 120903-009331]

Posted by: nili.3246

nili.3246

Payment error on pay pal and card approval failed with visa card. 120901-015352

Posted by: SirLagAlot.8049

SirLagAlot.8049

Ah okay. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t just myself.

Good to know others are experiencing the same thing. Hopefully they will get around to fixing it soon.

[IG] Infernal Gamers – A Darkhaven Guild

Posted by: Maran.7431

Maran.7431

Purchased gems a couple of days ago, got confirmation that the transaction was successful, but have yet to receive the gems.
[Incident: 120903-010558]

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Delux Upgrade

I didn’t get an error message, got all itens except for the Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill, it isn’t enabled in my acc (and I upgraded it just for this cool skill XD). Maybe a glitch?

Thankyou.

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

Posted by: Cirah Ravenheart.9618

Cirah Ravenheart.9618

I just spent $20 on gems last night and did not get them. I can show you on my CC statement online where the transaction came right out tho! Afraid to try it again cause I dont have alot of spare funds on my CC as it is. I want my gems, or the transaction canceled so I can redo it. Thanks

Posted by: Scott.7496

Scott.7496

I tried adding gems to my account and successfully went through paypal but the final page where it says “Thank you for your purchase” kept saying that there was an authorization failure. PayPal is fine and my check card are fine so there is something on the ArenaNet side preventing the purchase from taking place. I’m a little nervous that maybe it did charge me but so far I haven’t seen anything yet. I tried it twice, once with Paypal, the other straight from my credit card (with more than enough funds to cover a $20 purchase) and both didn’t go through. Something is definitely wrong and I’m afraid to try again.

Posted by: DarkNova.6752

DarkNova.6752

Iv had the same issue when I brought the primeval armour took my gems but didn’t get me my item but didn’t even get my item

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

Had 1350 Gems, tried to buy 1 EXP booster, nothing happened. No Gems consumed, no items received.

Thinking it’s lag, click it over and over. Consumed 450 Gem (3x), none of the EXP boosters made it to my mail (which is empty).

(edited by iSmack.1768)

Posted by: Narwain.6314

Narwain.6314

When this happened to me, after forcing a re-patch the problem was solved. I don’t know why, I don’t know if the solution was caused by re-patching, but if you don’t have any other trouble shooting paths open to you, try that.

Just tried it, haven’t solved the problem

Posted by: Scott.7496

Scott.7496

I already put a ticket in for my issue. Waiting to hear back from them. They are losing money if anything because I can’t buy the gems to begin with. Something is preventing me (and it’s not lack of funds) from purchasing the gems to begin with.

Posted by: Dragon.1928

Dragon.1928

Delux Upgrade

I didn’t get an error message, got all itens except for the Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill, it isn’t enabled in my acc (and I upgraded it just for this cool skill XD). Maybe a glitch?

Thankyou.

If you look at your character, it has it, but does not get unlocked till you reach lvl 30, that’s when you unlock the elite slot.

Posted by: scottv.6507

scottv.6507

my latest support update:

“After the initial declined attempts from your bank, your purchase attempts triggered one or more of our systems that is meant to detect and prevent fraud. For security reasons, I cannot tell you how our system detects high risk transactions. Telling you what causes your purchase attempts to be high risk would be doing this and would provide information regarding how to possibly circumvent the system, compromising its ability to do its job correctly.”

sorry, but this needs to be fixed. I have done nothing wrong, I WANT to give them more money, sigh…

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

Its obvious the “one of more of your systems that is meant to detect and prevent fraud” do not work AT ALL. They are preventing people with legitimate intent to purchase goods with THEIR cards from doing so. Can we get a reasonable and informative status update from someone at Arena.Net?

Posted by: Ethawn Fanar.3871

Ethawn Fanar.3871

I opened incident 120826-005156 on the 26th of August, still waiting for this to be resolved.

I had purchased 1600 gems during Beta Weekend 3, which correctly carried over to Early Access. I was able to purchase 1 character slot without issue, but the second slot I attempted to buy later the same day deducted the 800 gems but never gave me the character slot.

Posted by: MarKiZamaZiN.7648

MarKiZamaZiN.7648

My 12 digit incident number is 120904-009514. Purchase denied like everyone else.

(edited by MarKiZamaZiN.7648)

Posted by: GeekOverlord.3256

GeekOverlord.3256

I paid 800 gems for the extra character expansion slot but never received it. I also reported the bug. Currently I have 6 total slots, but I previously purchased an expansion slot before this successfully. This purchase would have brought the total slots up to 7.