FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Hey guys!

Been trying to purchase gems (recently came into a decent amount of cash from several different places, decided to blow some of it on GW2). I keep encountering an error that asks me to “Confirm my identity”

I’ve tried with paypal and my CC. Both do similar things. I’ve sent in a ticket: 130130-000311

Any chance you guys could help? All my details are correct.

As a sidenote: I called my CC company they said there hasn’t been a flag or anything placed on my account. I’d just go out and buy gem cards but they aren’t sold in Australia

noice

(edited by mexay.3902)

Posted by: powaranger.8312

powaranger.8312

Hey guys!

Been trying to purchase gems (recently came into a decent amount of cash from several different places, decided to blow some of it on GW2). I keep encountering an error that asks me to “Confirm my identity”

I’ve tried with paypal and my CC. Both do similar things. I’ve sent in a ticket: 130130-000311

Any chance you guys could help? All my details are correct.

As a sidenote: I called my CC company they said there hasn’t been a flag or anything placed on my account. I’d just go out and buy gem cards but they aren’t sold in Australia

Got the same problem, i was only buying $10 worth making it $20 for the day ever since then i’ve had the same issue

Posted by: J Chong.3195

J Chong.3195

130130-001117
Hi there, same story for me [Visa, Mastercard, Paypal – none work]

(edited by J Chong.3195)

Posted by: Taz.6298

Taz.6298

I have been having the same problem with attempting to purchase gems form the in game trading post. Both of my CC are valid and up to date. Every time i try to purchase gems i get a window with the message, Card Approval Failed. This has been happening for the past 3 days. Anet please fix this problem on your end.
Thank you

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Previous

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Next

Okay… so this worked to get delivery of the broom.

But then… the broom disappeared after a single use. Hmm… maybe the store description should mention that?

Alternatively… holy wow the gem store purchases are incredibly buggy! I think I’ll be holding on to my money until I get a broom or a refund. Sigh.

Are you sure it disappeared? You have to be in your town clothes to use it. Have you tried switching back to your town clothes and seeing if it is still equipped?

Posted by: Sinzia.1237

Sinzia.1237

yup unable to purchase gems. All my cards fail when they shouldn’t.

Posted by: LogicallyLol.8059

LogicallyLol.8059

So I’ve been purchasing gems over the past few days because I wanted to get keys, the Quaggan backpack, and the broom. Now when I try to purchase gems again, it says that I need to confirm my identity. Any solutions?

Attachments:

Posted by: Glory.3416

Glory.3416

I also have problems with buying gems. My cc should work but it only says that the approval failed. Then I tried paypal but the transfer to paypal doesn’t work for me

Posted by: Amy.3524

Amy.3524

I am currently unable to buy gems.

I have bought a few over the last two weeks or so without issues, some I exchanged others I used to buy the new quaggan backpack and some dyes.

Now today when I try to do it, I keep getting errors. I get Approval Failed when I try paypal, and when I try credit or debit cards (which I know have PLENTY of money on them…) it keeps telling me to check my card balance and try again. I tried my debit and credit card (a visa and mastercard), as well as my husband credit and debit card (both visas), and my husbands paypal linked to his bank account. None of it is working.

Posted by: mallykbross.8203

mallykbross.8203

I am also having problems buying gems, I have tried multiple credit cards (which i know have money on them) as well as going through paypal and I get the Approval Failed message. Does any one know if using a gem card purchased at a retail store works? Just curious.

Posted by: celicynd.9420

celicynd.9420

My wife and I noticed something yesterday. We were constantly having issues with the gem purchase transactions not going through. I had stopped playing for a while, and she actually stopped having issues with purchasing. Yesterday, I bought my first gems in quite a while, and she again got the failed message.

I know it’s not our credit cards, since we checked with them… I’m wondering if ANet has some sort of check in place where if two accounts from the same IP address try and purchase, it locks them out in some way.

Obviously, this won’t apply to everyone, but I’m curious as to how many people are having issues that have two people playing/purchasing from the same home network.

Posted by: TheGekkoState.7931

TheGekkoState.7931

Tried to buy $50 worth of gems today to grab a few character slots and expand my bank but I keep getting an error occurred finalizing your purchase.

I opened a ticket 130204-000266

Just noticed this thread and thought I’d post it here.

Posted by: blacksun.5628

blacksun.5628

ya i’m getting a similar problem, yesterday everything was fine bought a handful of gems, but today nothing, i’m using a prepaid 50$ MasterCard, but every time no matter what amount i chose i get a “card aproval failed” message, i registered the card on the cards website and it said the card is good to go so i know its not the card……

Posted by: kmamen.3765

kmamen.3765

I just bought a Crafting Booster for 120 gems and it did not get delivered, it’s in the list of recent purchases and my mailbox is not full. I bought it very quickly after exchanging gold to gems with a new character, could that be the reason? Anyone else?

Posted by: kmamen.3765

kmamen.3765

Turns out the mailbox was full, even though it did not look like it (indicated 5/10), but I had several “NPC-mails” that counted after all. I was not notified that the mailbox was full, I removed some and suddenly I got lots of mail from friends that I expected earlier. I don’t know, but something should be done with this, it is really confusing.

Posted by: Jiraiyankee.3157

Jiraiyankee.3157

Hi im having an issue when buying gems It says (Approval Failed) -_-! PLiz Anet do something!!!!!

(edited by Jiraiyankee.3157)

Posted by: psyloken.6972

psyloken.6972

I am having the same issue. Just submitted a ticket.
At first I was unable to buy.. but then test it out with a lesser value, and it when through, then tried it again, and went through again. (tried to reach 50 bucks) Then tried once more, and then it cut me off completely.
I have not bought gems (other than the two today) in a few days, so I am not sure if there is a limit on how many times you can buy or what not. What are we doing wrong?

Oh and my ticket is 130206-000238.

“If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near.” ~Sun Tzu

Posted by: HollowDean.5134

HollowDean.5134

I have problem with buying gems with my mastercard as well. How did you guys submit a ticket, in game or through support site?

Posted by: Xanthippe.9538

Xanthippe.9538

Is there a way to buy gems outside of the game? The buying gems in game is unavailable. I thought I had bought gems through Anet not in game but now I can’t figure out how.

Edited to add: The gem store was down, but it’s back up. I was able to purchase gems in the game.

(edited by Xanthippe.9538)

Posted by: TiF.6589

TiF.6589

Been having trouble purchasing GEM using credit cards for the last 3 days. It just gives me the same error msg: credit card approval failure. Tried on multiple credit cards. Ticket: 130208-000435

Posted by: uropygid.3402

uropygid.3402

I was able to purchase gems with no problems, but I am not receiving items I’ve purchased on the gem store. I bought a minipets pack and a single dye pack, but no mail with my items. They show up on my recent purchases on the gem store front page.

Die Historic on the Fury Road [MMFR]
Underground Salad Association [USA]

Posted by: Patchup.1053

Patchup.1053

Uropygid.3402, I had the same problem. I fixed it by asking some friends to mail me enough letters to fill my mailbox. Within 2 minutes it “pushed” through my gem store order, followed by those letters. This was all done around 11:20pm EST 2/8/13.

Posted by: Toast.7021

Toast.7021

I’ve tried to buy gems from the gem store, but it always comes up with
“error”: “parse”,
“type”: “orderModel:error”

I am curently living in a country other than my registered credit card account, working abroad

HollowDean.5134

I have problem with buying gems with my mastercard as well. How did you guys submit a ticket, in game or through support site?

My ticket

#130209-002031

Posted by: Shiva.5810

Shiva.5810

im having problem purchasing gemsit keep saying to confirm my identity. please help just want to puchase gems 130210-000246

Posted by: Kodiak.4213

Kodiak.4213

Card approval failed. I put in a ticket several days ago, but it was marked as duplicate. I couldn’t edit my previous ticket concerning the same issue because it was marked as closed.
130209-000978

(edited by Kodiak.4213)

Posted by: alogfarm.4961

alogfarm.4961

I just converted gold into 400 gems to buy 2 Self-Style Hair Kits from the Gem Store, but I never received either of them in the mail. I made the transaction about thirty minutes before this post. Am I not supposed to receive said items almost instantaneously? I don’t like spending over 8g just to get nothing.

(edited by alogfarm.4961)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I am sorry that you folks are having trouble buy gems. I am sending around an email, because I feel that there’s been a slight increase in the number of players having issues, and I want the team to have a chance to review each situation.

Please keep in mind, posting here is fine, but you really need to have a ticket in the queues to address your personal situation. So if you cannot purchase gems, I encourage you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. If you’ve submitted tickets already, do include that number or those numbers, and of course providing some details, such as the last four digits of the CC number you’re attempting to use, can be helpful.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: alogfarm.4961

alogfarm.4961

So I tried converting gold to gems again and buying something. The conversion was successful, like last time. However, also like last time, upon purchasing an item from the Gem Store (Unidentified Red Dye), I was once again rewarded with nothing. Is this simply a problem with my account or the items in the Gem Store associated with the Valentines Day special offers?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

My ticket

#130209-002031

This was accidentally misqueued, but you should get an answer very soon!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I’m also having an issue. Just this morning I tried paying for gems with my saved credit card and low and behold I get a message stating “please confirm your identity” when attempting to purchase gems. I’ve purchased gems before and haven’t had a problem.

Ticket:: 130119-001041

The team answered this one asking for some information from you on 19 January. If you were able to complete your purchase, great! Could you let me know that? If you did not receive their response, please post so we can help work through this issue. Thanks!

Can’t buy gems now for 2 days, already wrote to customer support but they didn’t write back yet and haven’t increased my limit again, I’d be very happy if someone of you guys could look at my issue and let me make another purchase, thanks.

Ticket Nr.: 121211-001166

Looks like this was resolved on 19 January. If not, please post so we can get this sorted out!

incident-130120-000427

cant buy gems. Both credit cards and paypal dont work. Please increase my purchasing limit.

Looks like this was solved on 23 January. If you need further help, please post.

Yeah, I’ve been getting frusterated for a long time now. (Long time as in a week)
I’ve tried 4 different credit cards, my prepaid vista giftcard, and paypa to buy :
800 gems
1600 gems
my friend the 60$ version of the game.
I mean come on guys I’m trying to give you money and you won’t except it. It’s getting ridiculous how this is happening. I’ve posted two tickets which apparently merged into one and havn’t gotten a response in like a week (aprox, no idea how long exactly).
Here’s my ticket number. Please fix this bull asap. Thanks guys.
130118-000449

Agent responded on 23 January and I think you’re ok now. If not, please update this thread.

#130122-000628

please look into it please.
This is basically what everyone on this forum having trouble with.

Agent responded on 30 January with a suggestion that would eliminate the problem. If you have further issues, please let us know.

I attempted to purchase 800 gems but I got an error message stating that the transaction failed. I checked my online bank account and it says I have THREE pending transactions being held against my account even though I only tried to buy one set of 800 gems (which I never received). #130128-000039

No funds were collected for any of the transactions.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

So I tried converting gold to gems again and buying something. The conversion was successful, like last time. However, also like last time, upon purchasing an item from the Gem Store (Unidentified Red Dye), I was once again rewarded with nothing. Is this simply a problem with my account or the items in the Gem Store associated with the Valentines Day special offers?

I strongly suspect your mailbox is full. The mail counter may not be functioning properly, may not display all the mails you really have.

Empty the mailbox, taking off all desired items (if any) and I think those mails will appear.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: sundiamonde.5971

sundiamonde.5971

So every time I try to buy gems from gems store I have to log a support ticket to get my account unflagged. I’ve asked for an explanation several times and no one has ever explained.

The first time was just frustrating but understandable. I can appreciate the need to secure users accounts against fraud. The fact that it happening repeatedly without any explanation for the cause is insulting and costing you in lost sales.

I have never had any payment issues with NCSoft, and I have excellent credit, so as far as I know there is no basis for my account to be flagged.

Tickets:
[Incident: 120901-004003]
[Incident: 121030-000594]
[Incident: 121219-001190]

P.S. it’s frustrating that my support account is constantly disabled so I can’t even respond to an issue.

Posted by: Phoenix Star.1532

Phoenix Star.1532

I have a slightly different question. It probably has been asked before but it seems my googlekittenis weak. (I did look).

The situation have is like this.

I wish to buy gems to get myself and my husband a set of the roses. These are listed for 400 gems and are account bound. I also was hoping to get some of the red dye packs for us both so we can theme our armors to match like we did for the christmas season.

The problem here is that I have enough money on my prepaid mastercard to buy the 800 gems for 10 dollars. This would be enough to get 2 sets of roses. But the gems and the items are not transferable (account bound).

Is there a way to purchase gem shop items for another account? I see one possible method, which is to exchange gems for gold and try sending the gold to him for him to exchange back to gems but I believe, if I remember correctly, there is a limit to how much money that can be mailed. And the exchange rate for gold to gems is significantly lower than gems to gold. So we would lose out on a good amount of gems and fall well below the 400 needed to get a set of roses for my husband’s character.

The other option I am working on will take me a long time, which is grinding up enough things to make gold to exchange for gems.

It already sucks that we got separated from our server because he didn’t make it back in time to transfer back home when it was still free but with Guesting we can still go on the world map and have fun together. I just want to find a way to get our fun stuff for the event before it is actually over.

Posted by: SkullAndRoses.9018

SkullAndRoses.9018

Can´t buy gems, keeps saying card approval failed.

Incident:130214-000214

Kíng Skull
Guardian
dF

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

#130214-001607

“An error occurred finalizing your purchase”

Posted by: Osiah.8910

Osiah.8910

Same issue as multiple others “Card approval has failed” message, a little frustrating but granted ANET seems to be trying to figure it out. Wonder how much potential money through transactions has been lost?

Incident#130214-001926

Posted by: knh.9378

knh.9378

I made a purchase for 20 dollars worth of gems through paypal. I have plenty of money so that’s not the issue. The payment is stuck as “pending” on paypal and i have not recieved my gems, but you took my money.

Posted by: Linto.7314

Linto.7314

Haven’t been able to buy gems using PayPal since late 15 Feb 2013. Just getting the “An error occurred finalizing your purchase” page after confirming everything. I’ve tried two different GW2 accounts on two different PCs with two different OSs… no luck.

Support ticket # 130217-001324

Posted by: Nyxomon.1587

Nyxomon.1587

Hi.

Yesterday i was able to purchase gems via the trading post but when i do the same using the same payment method and information i get the above mentioned error. I’ve also tried paypal with 2 different type of cards same error.

IC number : 130218-000515]

Posted by: GazE.8729

GazE.8729

Hi

So, I bought the 800 gems with my credit card. Worked fine. However, I then used those gems to buy a makeover kit for my character and the gems were taken off me but id did not receive the kit in my mail!

help?

Posted by: Enky.7682

Enky.7682

Card Approval Failed on multiple cards both on New Credit Card and Paypal.

130219-002196

Posted by: wearestarrdust.8234

wearestarrdust.8234

Card Approval Failed using multipule cards. Put in ticket but I’m not holding my breath for a quick reply – thought this might work better. I am unsure how to find the number associated with the ticket – sorry. I definitly have enough money on both cards I tried, and I have not spent very much this month so it should not be blocked for that reason. Have been unable to make a purchase for over 24 hours now. Hoping it will be resolved tomorrow but I have heard these issues can go on for weeks! I really hope this is not the case.

Posted by: XxKnightsxX.3512

XxKnightsxX.3512

card approval failed, used two cards one visa and one prepaid visa, all the information is correct just hoping that its a bit buggy and it will let me buy after a bit of a wait? maybe systems overloaded? hope it gets fixed quickly wanted to buy some gems

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Card approval failed. Ongoing issues since game was released. Appreciate a permanent solution to this so I can invest in your company.

#130221-000492

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

Posted by: TheMock.6527

TheMock.6527

Tried to pay gems with Paypal, got “An error occurred finalizing your purchase”

#130221-001329

Posted by: Neihn.8964

Neihn.8964

Everytime I try to purchase gems. I get parse errors after clicking confirm. Doesnt matter if I use a CC or Paypal. I sent in a support request (#130222-001489) but not sure if I will hear anything until Monday now

HollowDean.5134

I have a question for users who want to buy gems with CC, and get “Card Approval Failed” error message. Did you get your CC in your country, or did you get it from another one?

Posted by: Warduk.5289

Warduk.5289

Hi,
I bought a Riding Broom in Gem Store about 3 weeks ago, the gems are missing and I still didn’t get my broom. I would really appreciate getting my reward…
Regards,
Warduk

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I have a question for users who want to buy gems with CC, and get “Card Approval Failed” error message. Did you get your CC in your country, or did you get it from another one?

If the credit card does not come from the country in which it is being used, it can cause a lot of “potential fraud” alarms to go off. So your question is reasonable, because in those cases, the player will need to discuss the matter privately with Support so they can assess the situation.

Tried to pay gems with Paypal, got “An error occurred finalizing your purchase” #130221-001329

Everytime I try to purchase gems. I get parse errors after clicking confirm. Doesnt matter if I use a CC or Paypal. I sent in a support request (#130222-001489) but not sure if I will hear anything until Monday now

A team member is reviewing, as you saw in the update. I’m hopeful that this will be resolved, and don’t worry, we have a team working in Payments and Billing, so the weekend should not be an impediment to resolving this!

Hi,
I bought a Riding Broom in Gem Store about 3 weeks ago, the gems are missing and I still didn’t get my broom. I would really appreciate getting my reward…
Regards,
Warduk

I think this can be resolved only by your contacting Support. If you have not submitted a ticket, please do so by going to this page and then filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)