FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ahmed.1309

Ahmed.1309

Dont Worry im Sure You Will Get your Gems Sooner Or Later Because of all the Connections Problems between their data centers and stuff .

Posted by: Sankanyu.2714

Sankanyu.2714

I purchased the Digital Deluxe edition in the gem store, I did get all the fun items delivered but I did not get the Mistfire Wolf skill. My question, is this a known issue and is it being worked on or should I file a support ticket?

Posted by: Kaeziel.5173

Kaeziel.5173

I purchased the Digital Deluxe edition in the gem store, I did get all the fun items delivered but I did not get the Mistfire Wolf skill. My question, is this a known issue and is it being worked on or should I file a support ticket?

You get it at lvl 30 as an elite skill.

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

Everyone:

This is a serious issue, and we’re sorry you’re having this problem. Can you edit your post to include your ticket number, please?

Gaile, this is a serious issue but yet virtually none of us have yet to hear from anyone at ArenaNet on our individual tickets? And the problem has not even been mentioned in the game status updates? And no one from ArenaNet has provided any updates in this thread?

Posted by: Firusha.9641

Firusha.9641

120907-002922

Can neither buy gems via credit card nor via Paypal.

Posted by: Ira.1943

Ira.1943

120907-004602

tried both paypal and credit card using both of my acc and my friend’s

please fix asap

Posted by: Soira.7419

Soira.7419

Incident: 120907-003313

Every time i attempt to purchase gems with a credit card from the gem store i get the message "card approval failed " .
I checked with my bank and the card i am using is valid.
The same card has been used before succesfully to purchase gems from your in game store.
Same as above when i use Paypal.

Posted by: jcoRP.1542

jcoRP.1542

Card approval failed in purchasing gems [Incident: 120907-000068]

I bought gems just fine in the first week of release including the headstart period. There was a time where I made two gem transactions one after the other maybe 4 or 5 days ago and since then I have not been able to purchase any gems. I don’t know if it flagged some sort of fraud incident but this seriously needs to be fixed.

Posted by: mieciok.3519

mieciok.3519

120906-008749
I have credit card approval failed error too.
[Incident: 120906-008749]

(edited by mieciok.3519)

Posted by: nishka.2850

nishka.2850

Hi , i can’t buy any gems also.
Ticket #120908-003916
Please fix this
Thank you

Posted by: Devistryke.9163

Devistryke.9163

Card Approval Failed
#120908-004216
Please take my money.
Thanks.

Posted by: exEnvoy.5142

exEnvoy.5142

Can’t buy gems. I checked with my bank and they can’t see any attempts to withdraw from my account.

#120830-011213

Posted by: Snoblitz.4980

Snoblitz.4980

I am now opening a third ticket (120908-004876) with you guys for this issue since the first still has never recieved a response and the second got lumped into your mass mail response thread.

I have yet to recieve a response from somebody who actually looked at my ticket and took the time to understand my unique problem. I believe that I have uncovered a bug in your code surrounding the logic for your digital deluxe upgrades.

MY PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED. I am still without my digital deluxe items, both from the original purchase and my attempt to restore those items by buying the 2000 gem upgrade in game.

My next step is escalating this to the ArenaNet leadership team via email and twitter. My previous tickets that have not received a response are:

120901-003732 and 120905-011158.

The first has been open for a week, without any response AT ALL. What is it going to take to get a human response on this ticket? Do I have to drive to Bellevue to get some help?

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/05/2012 05:33 PM

Over four days since I sent this guys. Not even an acknowledgement that it was received? This is kind of ridiculous…

Please don’t make me do this through the credit card company. Service paid for and not delivered.

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/02/2012 10:05 PM

Ping?

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/01/2012 10:30 AM

Now we have a bigger problem. I realized that you guys are completely underwater at the moment with much bigger fish to fry. So the trading company came up, and I just bought the upgrade again for 2000 gems. Logged out, back in and nothing has been delivered.

I’m not going to lie, this is pretty frustrating. I know what it feels like to be in your guys’ situation. I’m a Release Program Manager for Xbox LIVE at Microsoft. I know how demanding operations can be, especially at launch time. But, you guys can’t leave you paying customers in the dark. You’ve built something pretty amazing here – I think it’ll change MMOs forever. That said, you have to support the product with fierce determination. Manage your brand.

I’m okay with waiting for my issues to be resolved, but I expect full resolution. You have to make this right.

Thanks for the hard work and continued diligence in rolling out this revolutionary title.

-Jeff

Customer Jeff Knecht via CSS Web 09/01/2012 12:14 AM

Hey guys! Fantastic job on the game, I’m loving it so far. I screwed up though and I’m totally sad. Hoping that somebody can help me. I mistakenly deleted my first character, forgetting of course that my Tome of Influence and my Mini Rytlock were with said deleted character. :-(

Is there any way to restore those items for me? I would buy the upgrade again, but 2000 gems is steep considering I already paid for it once.

Please help me out here if you can.

Thanks!

Posted by: jefferson.8317

jefferson.8317

I can not buy gems either. put in a ticket but no response.

Jasx

Posted by: Xariann.5071

Xariann.5071

The Gem store doesn’t work at all for me. I open it up in game pressing O and it shows me a blank window even if I wait a bit to see if it loads.

I can’t get my bonus also for having linked my Guild Wars account either.

I’d like to buy some character slots, but since the store won’t load at all, I can’t do it.

Posted by: Scott.7496

Scott.7496

I continue to have the same issue. I have tried countless times to buy gems from the gem store with each time getting an error saying it can’t be completed.

Incident: 120905-004324

Posted by: Rards.2378

Rards.2378

Good/bad. The Good: While making a purchase [at the mall] on my card yesterday, the merchant had to contact(15 minute process, fun!) my credit card company and put me on, to verify that my card wasn’t stolen…while on, they referenced two other recent purchases, ending with the failed NCSoft one, which they noted was declined on NCSoft’s end as some sort of anti-fraud measure. I also verified that nothing on the card issuer’s end was blocking the purchase, with her stating that I would simply have to re-submit.(which still doesn’t work, by the way) So that’s good to know directly from my card company that the problem is definitely on NCSoft’s end…and they only referenced one attempted transaction, making it pretty likely that the dozens of other attempts aren’t even being processed at all, rather than just somehow overlooked in the conversation. The Bad: I’m apparently getting blowback on my card now, due to NCSoft flatly declining my card as part of some sort of anti-fraud measure on their end, given that this is only the second time in almost two decades that this card’s issuers have been worried about a purchase I made enough to block it until verification.(the other time being the first, if I recall, of my Dell computer purchases, which was an admittedly unusual and substantial remote purchase over either the phone or internet) Oh, and I guess it’s technically also “bad” that I still can’t purchase gems two weeks after release.

Anyway, with an unblemished credit rating, a card of approximately two decades with no account problems ever, and [thankfully] not even any problems with any of this hackapalooza stuff going on around here for some, it boggles my mind as to how I’m somehow supposed to represent a high-risk transaction on a system supposedly designed to mass-process purchases of up to 50 bucks. I think it’s safe to add my name to the list of those who have pronounced NCSoft’s new in-house anti-fraud measures as fundamentally flawed and outright detrimental to our enjoyment of all this game has to offer.

Posted by: XStuff.6859

XStuff.6859

Can’t redeem gem code and can’t buy with creditcard.

• 120908-004534

Posted by: DembratsDayne.1670

DembratsDayne.1670

Card Approval Failed – I’ve tried three different cards.
Incident: 120904-011261

Posted by: Raynohr.4712

Raynohr.4712

I received an error completing gem purchase using paypal. Bank called and wanted to verify transaction. I confirmed the transaction. Tried purchasing gems again and got the same error.

Ticket number is 120907-007496

Posted by: Zizak.6795

Zizak.6795

Card Approval Failed- I have also tried 3 diffrent cards all 3 mastercard and my bank/crediters report no attempted charges i was able to use 1 last week not anymore.
[Incident: 120908-000863]

Sangrivane.4360

I’ve posted my letter to ArenaNet’s CEO to Reddit. Please consider voting it up. Perhaps we can get some action on this issue that way.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/zk5ac/thousands_of_gw2_customers_unfairly_tagged_as/

Posted by: Surreal.4176

Surreal.4176

120908-001310. Here is my ticket number as well. This is so frustrating.

Posted by: Hedge.5369

Hedge.5369

For the love of the children pleeeeeeeeaaassse fix this issue. Each day we can’t purchase gems you are losing money, and with no monthly fee? dont you want any money we want to give it to you… LOL, we like the game but the gem store is a big part of the game and if what you see here is just a smattering of complaints about it then there must be many many more. Money helps with things like payroll to help hire more people so that more issues will get fixed faster. So why not work on this and then we your community will throw copious amounts of cash at you then there will be smiling and dancing in the streets.

Posted by: delcore.2078

delcore.2078

I’ve been having issues with being able to purchase Gems from the Gem Store. Is submitting a ticket and posting in the forums here enough or should I also file a ticket for support with NCsoft’s billing as well?

Any reply would be appreciated as I’ve been locked out of purchasing Gems for close to 4 days now.

Here’s my ticket reference number:
[120906-009679]

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work! This is a wonderful game that you all are working on to bring to us players.

Posted by: Zytherion.8231

Zytherion.8231

[Incident: 120903-002418]

This is getting ridiculously frustrating! I just want to buy gems! Its always in the back of my mind while playing that i’m missing out on something and its dulling the experience greatly!

Posted by: Tarnsman.3048

Tarnsman.3048

#120908-006007

Let me give you my money gosh dang it!

Sangrivane.4360

[Incident: 120903-002418]

This is getting ridiculously frustrating! I just want to buy gems! Its always in the back of my mind while playing that i’m missing out on something and its dulling the experience greatly!

Well said! ArenaNet’s CEO has said customer experience of the most important thing. That is why ArenaNet chose to suspend digital sales for a time. Well this problem is DRAMATICALLY impacting customer experience!

Posted by: mmogw.5619

mmogw.5619

Yes, I had the same exact problem as most everyone here: Can’t use CC or Paypal and CC company didn’t see the transaction.

Posted by: mmogw.5619

mmogw.5619

For anyone that hasn’t read my other posts. I REMOVED MY CABLE/DSL ROUTER AND PLUGGED DIRECTLY INTO THE CABLE MODEM AND IT WORKED.

Posted by: Erolz.5738

Erolz.5738

Eleven pages of reports of the same problem.

No replies to support tickets raised even after 9 days or more.

No response from ArenaNet here in this thread.

This really is not good enough.

Posted by: holytouch.9851

holytouch.9851

120908-006410

this is ridiculous.

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

I accidently purchased the DDE upgrade when I already have it and I would like to get those 2000 gems refunded (I did submit a support ticket). Also there should be a check in place so this can’t happen to other players in the future. GW1 In game store had a check in place letting the payers now that upgrade was already purchased and they where blocked from accidenty buying it again.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: VA Shadow.2368

VA Shadow.2368

Unable to buy gems. Tried paypal and visa, and get the authorization failed messages. any help?

ticket#- 120907-001744

Posted by: zhouyenyen.9581

zhouyenyen.9581

Hi, i just purchased gems via paypal. It’s been 10 minutes and the webpage which is shown after we click “done” button in Black Lion Trading window, is still loading the content (its not the webpage that loading but the content, there’s a rotating circle). And I haven’t receive the gem until now. Kindly check if there’s any problem with gem purchase. Thank you.

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

So .. this is my update so far

09/06/2012 11:58 AM
i got this messages from anet.

Thank you for contacting NCsoft Account Support.

Could you please provide the following information so that we may review your billing issue and transaction attempts?

- If the payment was attempted by credit/debit card, please provide the last 4 digits of the credit/debit card used
ONLY
- Country where card was issued: (if you are using a credit/debit card)
- Card Type: (if you are using a credit/debit card)
- If the payment was attempted using PayPal®, the order ID or transaction ID from your PayPal® payment history
for the transaction
- Country where you are currently residing:
- Your billing zip code or postal code

Thank you,
Brad (also known as ‘Pirate’)
NCsoft Account Support

and i gave them all the info they want …

Today … i got this …

Response Via Email (Anthony) 09/08/2012 11:55 AM
Hello,

Thanks for contacting NCsoft Account Support.

I am escalating your ticket to our Payment Review Team to research your issue.
Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Cheers!
Anthony
NCsoft Account Support

oh well .. atleast they r trying xD
please take my money away ._.

_ _ __ ___ . . . . @s
mr snail slide faster than your service atm

Incident: 120831-005051

Posted by: Broxigar.8594

Broxigar.8594

same issue here #120907-007571

Posted by: Liliannath.3602

Liliannath.3602

I am having the same issue. I have tried to buy gems since launch. My husband has successfully bought gems, but none of my cards seem to be working. I am getting the “Account Failed, Contact Support” response. I submitted a ticket in game and haven’t heard anything in response. Periodically, I attempt to purchase gems, but to no avail. My husband has even tried to purchase gems on my account with his card, but alas, that did not work either.

The ONLY difference between our accounts is this: He was forced to authenticate his account, through his email, at log-in the day they put in that feature and I have NEVER once been asked to authenticate my account when logging in. I even requested to be forced to authenticate, but again…no response.

It’s getting to the point where I am likely to choose to not give them any more of my money. Their loss….

Posted by: Jace.6089

Jace.6089

I’ve posted my letter to ArenaNet’s CEO to Reddit. Please consider voting it up. Perhaps we can get some action on this issue that way.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/zk5ac/thousands_of_gw2_customers_unfairly_tagged_as/

Can you please let me know the name/address you posted this to as I would like to express my love for their Risk Management System as well.

Thanks

p.s. Anyone know the name/address of any NCSoft execs as well?

Posted by: Jade.7540

Jade.7540

I’m having the same problem,
My ticket referance number is: 120906-009521
I’ve also been locked out for 4 days now.

Any help with the situation would be appreciated, I’m not sure if it’s a glitch, a automated suspension feature for exesive purchasing, a monthly limit, or ban. I looked everywhere in Q & A as well as the FAQ to find any information on purchase limits, gem to cash exchange limits, daily and monthly limits, there’s nothing on any such rule of conduct or restrictions anywhere. Any help with the situation is appreciated.

Posted by: Lola Ebola.3829

Lola Ebola.3829

I purchased 800 gems yesterday afternoon – around 4 pm Pacific time. It’s now almost 1 pm Pacific time, and I still don’t have my gems. I also traded some silver for gems to see if that would show up, but it doesn’t. The window at the top of the gem store which displays the amount of gems I have is totally blank, not even a zero.

My boyfriend purchased gems with a card linked to the same bank account and received his gems immediately upon purchase. (This was yesterday). I’ve checked my bank account and his purchase is pending, as well as my own. I hope that I’ll be receiving mine soon.

Posted by: Ernest.4168

Ernest.4168

After going 5 days with a hacked account (Sept. 2 to Sept. 7), finally I got my account back. And I made a password that scores 100 on a password strength checker site.

But my question is this: is Arena Net planning to return the gems the hacker stole? I had just bought 4000, logged—and got my account hacked. When I came back, my money was gone, sure, but more importantly, so were my gems.

Incident numbers:
120903-001548
120908-007942

(edited by Ernest.4168)

Posted by: Selona.3489

Selona.3489

Could we at least have a acknowledgement from Arenanet that they are looking in to this bigger and bigger problem?

Pretty please, just a word:)

Posted by: Korten.9084

Korten.9084

Has ANYONE got their problem fixed? It’s been over a week for me now and I still can’t buy gems. :/

Posted by: Ampoliros.3578

Ampoliros.3578

[Incident: 120903-008946]

Bought 2-3 dye packs and a pet pack with gems, never received them. this was during a time when in-game mail was down. Support closed it as unresolved.

Every other purchase I made arrived immediately without incident.

Posted by: ColloseusX.4365

ColloseusX.4365

#120908-007100

Posted by: Isaki.7596

Isaki.7596

If you won’t let us use credit cards and paypal please make redeemable prepaid cards available ASAP so we can pay merchants who will accept our “fraudulent” transactions.

Posted by: Zytherion.8231

Zytherion.8231

[Incident: 120903-002418] and 120901-005555 was also opened up on a different email.

Here’s a very unhelpful update. After responding with full details to this message;

Thank you for contacting NCsoft Account Support.
Could you please provide the following information so that we may review your billing issue and transaction attempts?
- If the payment was attempted by credit/debit card, please provide the last 4 digits of the credit/debit card used
ONLY
- Country where card was issued: (if you are using a credit/debit card)
- Card Type: (if you are using a credit/debit card)
- If the payment was attempted using PayPal®, the order ID or transaction ID from your PayPal® payment history
for the transaction
- Country where you are currently residing:
- Your billing zip code or postal code

I got another response from them saying;

Thank you for the update.

After reviewing your account, we see that your first few purchase attempts were declined by your financial institution. When this happens, we are not given a reason of the decline. Because of those refusals, all subsequent purchase attempts resulted in an immediate error due to our fraud prevention rules. We cleared that “too many failed attempts” lockout issue for you. You will need to contact your financial institution to resolve the issue with the initial declines. Once you have resolved the issue with your financial institution, try to make your purchase again. Please be sure to use ______________ as the e-mail address when purchasing. You should have no further issues.

Please keep in mind that too many failed attempts within a short time frame will always result in an immediate error.

Let us know if you continue to experience difficulties making the purchase.

So it seems that the issue definitely lies in their hands. As many of us know it is not OUR issue, people have been checking with their financial institutions and have NO issues what so ever. It seems they are still oblivious, yes… 9 days later, to this huge problem that is lowering their potential earnings greatly, and are seeing it as an account, or individual issue that can be resolved one on one.

(edited by Zytherion.8231)

Posted by: Pyrostormlord.2314

Pyrostormlord.2314

I just bought several items off the gem store and have not received them. Several keys set of kryta armor and dye. I can not receive any mail from other players. I have reported this and its been 5 days. When is this getting fixed????

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

For anyone that hasn’t read my other posts. I REMOVED MY CABLE/DSL ROUTER AND PLUGGED DIRECTLY INTO THE CABLE MODEM AND IT WORKED.

mmogw, while I’m sure that many appreciate that you are trying to help many players either won’t have routers, or if they have them will not have them set up to block anything. Those running proxies/ssh tunnelling should probably launch the game without it and try to purchase without it.

The key here is that you were unable to purchase because your router was hiding information from NCSoft’s purchase server (fake IP, filtering or encoding your card information) which for some reason was unable to be retrieved at NCSoft’s end. Which is why anyone routing their GW2 connection via a proxy or SSH tunnelling service should turn it off before attempting to make purchases.

Your router may have been set up with parental controls, or an additional hardware firewall which has been over zealous in looking over outgoing information. For many of us that is not and will not be the case.

Now just so you know that some of us have tried it (with no real expectation it would work) despite the filtering and traffic prioritisation I’ve set up and the hardware firewall my cisco router has removing it and plugging straight into my cisco ADSL 2 modem make not an ounce of difference to my ability to purchase gems on either my credit card or my debit card.