FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Art of Ecstasy.9201

Art of Ecstasy.9201

I had 550 gems and bought a Black Lion Salvage Kit, which worked. I used the other 250 gems to buy a set of 5 Mystic Stones, but the stones were never delivered to me and does not show up in recent purchases. The gems were deducted and now I am missing 250 gems.

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

Its obviously not a small issue that cannot be treated ticket to ticket. I really thought it was something that far and in-between until I visited the forums today and saw how widespread it is.

What is insulting is that this issue was reported by myself since Beta, and NOTHING was done.

Yeah my support ticket stretches back to beta 3. Wonderful isn’t it. Bunch of people in this thread have managed to get a 24 hr reprieve and those of us waiting over a month for a solution better than “get a new card” appear to be a t the bottom of the pile. It’s either a lucky dip or reverse prioritisation, and I’m not really sure which.

24hrs should be enough to get my character slots and storage tabs. Although it’s hardly a solution I think most of us will take anything at this point. (And I do really, really need more bank slots at this stage – can’t sell those tonics -account bound- getting to the point of being required to delete them all.)

Posted by: akkmok.2178

akkmok.2178

Bought 4000gems with $50 which went through, but when I tried to buy a character slot with 800 gems, the gems were deducted but there is no new character slot even after logging off and on again.

This happened at around 2am GMT+8 11/09/2012.

Update: At 15:47 GMT+8 11/9/2012, I notice that 800 gems have been refunded bringing the balance back to 4000. Waiting on confirmation as to whether character slot purchases have been fixed so I can make my purchase.

(edited by akkmok.2178)

Posted by: Firusha.9641

Firusha.9641

This is like talking to a brick wall and really not funny any longer
[120907-002922]

Posted by: Perlo.5461

Perlo.5461

Hi ArenaNet

I recently wanted to buy 2400 gems, 1x 800 gems and 1x 1600 gems
The problem is, or atleast what i think is really unfair for Europe people or people that have the money currency : euro in the Gem-Store.
That 800 gems is 10 euros in Europe countrys. Equal to :12,55 USD.
But when i select a country that uses USD i pay for 800 gems 10 USD. Equal to : 7,97 Euro’s

Now in this case im actually paying 2.55 Euros more then US players. And that is not all. Lets combine the Euro currency with the UK pounds.

800 gems is £8.5 in United Kingdom. Equal to : 10,74 Euro’s
So in this case im paying 0.74 Euro’s more than UK people.
I think in this case since you are an American Company you should make your prices in USD, so 10$ is 800 gems should be 7.5 euros for 800 gems.

All Currency’s from http://www.euroinvestor.com/

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

My gem purchase was charged, but I didn’t get the items.

I had 1000 gems in my account and purchased the 10 Mystic Forge Stones package for 450 gems. The gems were deducted from my account, so now I have 550 gems left. But Mystic Forge Stones were not delivered to me.

I’m not sure where I should be receiving the stones, since this is my first item gem purchase.

The purchase does not show up in my Recent Purchases transactions. Although that list has appeared to be lagging a lot for 1-2 days.

I have checked for the Stones in my:
- Inventory
- Pick Up
- Bank
- And went to the Mystic Forge itself to check

This happened about an hour ago. I purchased 800 gems right before this, so since that was successful I suppose you have the exact time logged.

Edit: Logged in to check that my inbox is at 1/10, if that being full would affect it. No Stones received so far.

Edit 2: My issue has been solved. When I logged in, I had been refunded the gems from the purchase. I made a new purchase and got the Stones immediately by mail. As a note it would have been nice to notify me of the gem refund by email, didn’t realize it at first.

(edited by Mika.9815)

Posted by: Shedoa.5618

Shedoa.5618

#120910-006892 ticket created for card approval failed error.

Posted by: Gstringbass.2506

Gstringbass.2506

purchased 1600 gems last night, 200 was left over from my last purchase, so i had 1800 in total this morning. tried to buy a pet pack, and 300 gems were deducted but i did not recieve mail or a prompt or anything. i tried again (for reasons i dont know, maybe i was impatient and trigger happy with the mouse clicks) but as of right now, i have 900 gems, and no pets. in my recent purchases it only shows that i tried to purchase 2 pet packs (600 gems worth). so in conclusion, i have 900 gems missing with no items to show for it.

Make sure your mail isn’t full. I’ve heard that it will not send the items if your mail is beyond capacity. Try deleting some old ones and the items will show up if that is the problem.

Posted by: Makol.8726

Makol.8726

I got my second 24 hour purchase window and managed to get my gems. I then got a reply saying EVERY TIME I WANT TO BUY GEMS I NEED TO CONTACT SUPPORT.

Are you serious Anet? You’re doing nothing but making something simple overly complicated. Just get rid of your broken system, unless you enjoy causing customers headaches and making them incapable of using a game feature. This is completely unacceptable.

Posted by: Tigurius.8153

Tigurius.8153

Between the hour of 9:00AM and 10AM Pacific time, I did a gem transaction. The gold to gem worked out great, However, I purchased 10 mystic forge stones for 450 gems and Ive yet to receive it. It is currently 1:10PM

Ive done previous transactions for this item exactly and no issues. However, this one has yet to go threw

Posted by: Keahi.3620

Keahi.3620

I also made a purchase of 10 Mystic Forge Stones (450 gems) about 10 hours ago and have not received anything. My mail is empty, it did not appear in the Recent Purchases list and it did consume my gems.

If by some miracle someone does choose to address my case, i’m also out of pocket about 7g worth of buy orders i cancelled a week ago.

I consider myself a patient person but this is becoming extremely frustrating, 3 times now have i had my money taken, i don’t even know if it’s safe to buy to buy things on the TP or gem store anymore. God knows if i try to buy the gem store item again your policy won’t allow me to refund the first one (assuming i ever get it)…

Posted by: Gallak.4302

Gallak.4302

Earlyer today I tried to buy a new character slot. The first time i bought a character slot I didn’t get any, and tried one more time, thinking it was just a bug and buying the slot didnt work. The second time I got the slot as normal.

Then I notised that I was charged for 1600 gems, not 800 for one character slot. I just need one slot and was just trying to buy one character slot, but I was " tricked" by the bug and seemingly bought 2 slots without knowing.
I hope you wil be able to refund 800 gems that I was faulty charged.
Before I begun I hade 2200 gems. After successfully buying one char slot had 1600 gems less = 600 gems left total. I suppose you can review the log.

Incident: 120910-007642

Thx

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

Alot of people seem to have this issue. I started playing on August 25 as part of head start. I have not been able to purchase gems successfully with credit card or via paypal in 9 days. I keep getting “Approval Failed” when I used a credit card. I contacted my credit card company and they said they are not seeing charge requests come through. I am assuming the problem is on the ArenaNet end. I submitted a ticket 6 days ago (120904-009313 and 120831-002971- sorry about the multiple tickets!) and have not heard anything on this. One person on the guildwars2guru forums said they were told their account had a purchase restriction on their account but was never told why. The purchase restriction was lifted and they were able to purchase gems.

In any event, I want to purchase gems with my credit card and it has been incredibly frustrating not being able to do so. Please help!

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

Same issue 120910-008033
can’t buy gems

Posted by: Aemris.6083

Aemris.6083

Trying to buy more gems with my paypal and or my paypal card and it won’t go through!

120907-008394

Posted by: Paigey.6385

Paigey.6385

Have you tried changing the gem purchase amount? I’ve been having the same issue on and off the past week and discovered if I switch to purchasing a different amount of gems that the purchase will go through. On a plus no matter how much you spend on gems they are always $.0125 a piece.

Posted by: XeCrow.9864

XeCrow.9864

Got the same bullkitten credit card questions, seriously stop sending these out, just life the bans instead.

Nothing short of akitteninsult at this point, almost a week without being able to buy gems now, didnt think I’d put me off the game this much, but it really really is.

My support number exists in 2 other places in this thread, Im not linking it again.

GET RID OF YOUR ANTI FRAUD SYSTEM, Banks have perfectly fine systems of their own.

Posted by: Advo.3087

Advo.3087

I did a gold to gem transfer last night approximately 10 and half hours ago then used the gems to purchase a black lion salvage kit. The gems were deducted but I didn’t receive the item in the mail as I have in the past.

Posted by: spelljammer.3214

spelljammer.3214

Trying to buy more gems with my paypal and or my paypal card and it won’t go through!

120907-008394

Same problem…been trying to purchase gems for days now with no success…Paypal and Visa cards, only have issues with the gem store, has been working fine with any other purchases retail/online.

120910-008314

Posted by: Pompoen.5460

Pompoen.5460

I just purchased 5 transmutation stones for 125 gems. The gem store took the gems but I have not received my purchase.

I freakin hate Trudy

Posted by: Aero.9364

Aero.9364

Lost 2000 gems when I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition. Previously I’ve seen them pop up under a “recently bought” section but it isn’t there. I’ve restarted GW2 several times.

I have not received a mail like the infortmation stated. I bought it a couple of hours ago.

(edited by Aero.9364)

Posted by: Doom.7312

Doom.7312

It’s been over 8 hours and still no word. Some support would be nice

Posted by: Frugalicious.9470

Frugalicious.9470

I have recently purchased a Black Lion Salvage Kit and 10 Mystic Forge Stones and have not received it. Up until now, I had no problems retrieving items I had purchased or had mailed. It shows in my history that I had purchased the kit and stones, but does not show up in the mail.

EDIT: I somehow managed to fix this problem. I switched characters and deleted some mail. Even though it listed it as 9/10, the new mail popped up for me and I had received my items.

(edited by Frugalicious.9470)

Posted by: Narafed.7846

Narafed.7846

I am also having major issues with this, I’ve tried 2 different cards, and paypal!

I was able to buy gems before… but now I cannot, as the pictures indicate. Both cards are activated and I have recently used them at other locations. I’ve called my bank as well and they say it’s on the merchant’s end.

What’s going on?

-The First Picture is what I get when trying to use either of my Visa Cards
-The Second picture is what I get when I try to go through my verified paypal account

Ticket# 120911-000594

Attachments:

(edited by Narafed.7846)

Posted by: NexxusLive.1284

NexxusLive.1284

Ticket: 120910-006129
I bought the $50 bundle for gems. I was buying 4 character slots, 3200 gems. That should of left me with 800 gems. On the last purchase I was charged 1600 gems and now I have 10 slots, instead of 9. I did not double click, it clearly said -1600. Please remove a slot and return me the 800 gems. Also in attached picture you can see the gem total and recent purchases.
42 + 4000 – 4 × 800 =/= 42

Attachments:

Posted by: Zephier.6132

Zephier.6132

As per the title, I bought a couple Dye Pack, 400 Gems got deducted from my balance,
however I did not receive either Dye Pack and my tickets have gone unanswered over the past 48 hours. This is quite frustrating. They are still my most recent transactions, any help getting either a refund or the items I purchased would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: Deleting extra mail seemed to fix the problem for me as it did the person above me. I was stuck at 9/10 mail with something like 100 letters in there from never deleting them afterwords, the purchases showed up just fine.

(edited by Zephier.6132)

Posted by: MarKiZamaZiN.7648

MarKiZamaZiN.7648

I’ve been waiting 9 days now to buy gems and have not gotten anymore than a simple “we’re transferring you response.” Obviously posting in the gem store thread was not enough. I honestly don’t know how you can treat your paying customers like this. Can someone please look at my ticket and get it resolved, giving me a 24 hour lift off of your stupid fraud list or something? That’s all I want, and I’ve never had this stupid of a problem in my life.

Incident: 120904-009514

Posted by: Don Muerte.7168

Don Muerte.7168

They gave me a 48 hour lift after I posted my ticket number in some “merged” gem thread I found in a search. Did you already add to that thread? I can dig it up for you if not.

Posted by: Evalore.3751

Evalore.3751

120907-004805

Card Approval Failed

Gem Store hasn’t been working for a few days now. Contacted bank and everything is fine, the issue is on your end.

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

Here are my ticket numbers: 120904-009313 and 120831-002971

ten days
two tickets
twenty+ posts in this thread
three PMs to ArenaNet Reps
Two letters to ArenaNet CEO
Multiple FB posts
Multiple Tweets

ZERO RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Lexaus.7031

Lexaus.7031

I’am having the issue with the credit card that keeps “card approval fail”
Ticket number: 120910-003271

This is incredibly infuriating, it worked once now this, come on guys, I’m trying to give you money and you won’t let me, doesn’t seem like the smartest business decision.

Sangrivane.4360

Lexaus, amazing – stunningly – they don’t seem to care based on their complete lack of response. I’ve completely stopped playing the game now and won’t play it again until this is fixed.

Posted by: Mazhurg.5720

Mazhurg.5720

Last evening (9-9-12), purchased 5 chest keys – 450 gems. Gems were deducted, but no keys were mailed.

At the time, inbox had 0/10 messages. Proceeded to delete the messages, still no keys. Logged on today, and while there was some SPAM messages, still not keys. It has now been ~24 hrs. (Character Grizou Tanant).
Edit – Ref: 120911-005314

(edited by Mazhurg.5720)

Posted by: henNn.4913

henNn.4913

Ticket: #120911-000724

Seems as though I’m having the same issue as most people. I was able to make some purchases but now I can’t. Seems as though my account is blocked, I assure you I’m not doing anything fraudulent or using any fraudulent accounts.

It’s all explained in the ticket.
Please fix this.

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

120908-005299

After many failed attempts at purchasing gems with two credit cards, I tried to purchase gems via PayPal with no success. I made sure all of my PayPal information matched my game account (home address and e-mail) before initiating the purchase. Additionally, I am a long-standing and verified member of PayPal.

As we all know, the ability to purchase gems is an integral part of the game experience and I am growing rather frustrated with the entire issue. It is surreal that consumers are relegated to the position of pleading with a company to give them money! Moreover, the lack of any official response whatsoever is astounding.

While I appreciate NC Soft’s attempt at protecting their customers from fraud, my bank already has a well-established fraud alert system. Please remove any fraud alerts from my account post haste. I will verify and/or provide whatever information you wish to resolve this issue.

Like others here, I will not play or recommend this game until the gem store issue is fully acknowledged and addressed.

Lexaus.7031

@Sangrivane, I don’t believe you should have stopped playing an amazing like this one, over such a small issue, they just launched the game over a week ago, i’m sure their trying their hardest to solve all these issues.

Sangrivane.4360

Lexaus, the inability to purchase gems prohibits me enjoying the game the way I choose to but that in and of itself would keep me from playing. What is keeping me from playing is the complete indifference on the part of ArenaNet. They really just don’t seem to care that THOUSANDS of their customers are being incorrectly tagged as fraudsters.

Posted by: Regdar.3284

Regdar.3284

I have been unable to buy gems since the beginning of the pre release. I keep on getting the credit card failed on two different cards that I have verified on other sites. I have logged 5 bug reports without a single response to one of them.

Please tell me what I need to do to make this work? Also how do I get the purchase number?

Posted by: Regdar.3284

Regdar.3284

Here is my ticket number for redundancy: #120911-001123

It is ludicrous that you have to go through so many steps just to give you money.

Posted by: EvilParfait.7538

EvilParfait.7538

4 days since i opened ticket n. 120905-007353
I got the following answer:

Hi,
Thank you for contacting NCsoft Account Support
I am escalating your ticket for further assistance, and someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
Regards,
Shane
NCsoft Account Support
———————————————————

This morning i was able to purchase gems once via paypal, when i tried again i found out i was locked out again. This via paypal. I have never been able to use my Mastercard.

I got the same message today.

Posted by: Yamiino.1827

Yamiino.1827

It’s bug after bug, what are we playing? :/

Posted by: Krenasu.6542

Krenasu.6542

I recently purchased the Primeval Armor Skin and while the gems were deducted I did not receive a mail with the skins in it nor did it show up in my list of recent purchases.

Reference #120912-000387

(edited by Krenasu.6542)

Posted by: Synthalisk.6082

Synthalisk.6082

Reference #: 120909-005260

I’m having the same “Card approval failed” issue as most, if not all other people posting in this forum are having.

Posted by: Briar.1238

Briar.1238

I attempted to buy a character slot with gems but noticed that clicking the “accept” button did not work, so I figured that I was having issues connecting to the gem store. I restarted my client and attempted the purchase again. This time the button did work but I received an error code in the ~200 range? I did not pay much attention to it but I wish I did because my gems were deducted from the purchase but I did not receive the character slot. It also does not register under my recent purchases.

This is my second character slot purchase which went smoothly a week or so ago .I did not purchase the gems via cash so I am not too upset about it, but I feel bad if this is happening to people who did. The transaction occurred around 10:35 pm eastern on 10/09/12 if that helps.

Posted by: UtopianWarrior.9872

UtopianWarrior.9872

120911-001303

I wanted to purchase a third extra character slot, gems disappeared but I did not receive the 8th slot.

It worked fine when I bought two slots a couple days ago.

Posted by: BHamlyn.2601

BHamlyn.2601

Transferred approximately 2g and 30s to bring my gems to about 800, then bought a character slot. Nothing happened besides the hint telling me that items are directly sent to the mail. I have had 0/10 mail in my inbox for a while now too.

This is my first purchase from the gem store ever.
This happened no more than 10 minutes ago.

Lexaus.7031

@Sangrivane, they have your money for purchasing the game, they don’t require anymore, so you may as well enjoy what you payed for initially, the gem store stuff is pretty much just cosmetic and boosts, nothing significant towards gameplay.
And as for ArenaNet, they made an MMO, and are trying to keep it clean and working as well as possible, their gonna make mistakes yes, but at least their trying.
When you make an MMO and can solve all the problems without making more, get back to me.

Posted by: Yamiino.1827

Yamiino.1827

@Lexaus, when it was released I’d say okay you’re right, but once it’s bug after bug after bug after fixing something that wasn’t bugged and break other 5 things then fix 1 and break 2. Then, just then, I get angry.

ArenaNet is not noobie making games, we all know that.

Then why the hell was the trading post working in the betas and not working in the release?

Why was gem purchase working in the betas and not working in the release?

Why are compromised account of the people that have been “hacked” not yet solved? It’s pretty simple to check the logs, if they have logs…

Why are bots still around when there’s 34987595 people reporting them with solid proofs?

Why is no one replying to the tickets?

Why is something working and then 30 mins later it doesn’t work? o_O

I mean seriously, if this was any other company I’d be raging, since it is ArenaNet I am just reporting hoping it’s just a temporal thing…

Posted by: Zeleen.2419

Zeleen.2419

I don’t have a trouble ticket – yet
I have certainly tried many times to purchase gems with my credit card … thought maybe I was entering the numbers wrong – do we use spaces, hyphens, or run all the numbers in one long line?
Is it possible to have the gemstore online on our account page? this might solve the frustration until “in game” purchases start working.

Posted by: Zeleen.2419

Zeleen.2419

Why not have the gem store service on our account page or on the market page until the in game service is fixed