FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Omnicron.7352

Omnicron.7352

I have not been able to purchase gems for days now, and receive the error “card approval failed”. I have tried with multiple payment methods and double checked with my financial institution to make sure they were not blocking the transactions. Please help! The incident # is 120909-006730.

Posted by: Yraen.9801

Yraen.9801

Just adding my name to the list of people having issues. I am unable to purchase gems as I get an error that the card verification failed (multiple cards) or the transaction failed (PayPal).

I had this issue this last weekend (9/8-9/9), then it worked yesterday (9/10). Now I am having the issue again today (9/11).

Incident: 120911-007114

Cheers!

Posted by: Circa.2516

Circa.2516

This seems to be a problem we’re all having and their not doing anything about it…

Posted by: shova.4106

shova.4106

yah i am having the same issue…ANet hasn’t done anything about it…can we get at least some sort of notice or post about how long this will be going on? It seems odd that the one source of income that they have is down for so many, and there taking their time fixing it.

Support Number: 120911-008826

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We noticed a certain prevalent situation with gem issues: While going through tickets about missing gems, it seems that a lot of customers were just looking for the gems in their character’s mailbox. Once they know where to look — The Black Lion Trading Company / Gem Store — the players find the gems and all is well.

Please note: Gems do not go to your mail. Instead, the balance is updated and reflected in the Black Lion Trading Company interface. (Look for the lion head in the upper left).

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

For those of you having purchase issues, still hang in there. We’re making some changes in the next few days that should make it easier to make the purchase.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: tamaru.3684

tamaru.3684

Thanks for the update. Although it is still very very vague. I have updated my ticket and have gotten no response. Other than check your credit card which I did on the very first night I tried to purchase gems. Which I already stated and my bank says they havent blocked anything aside from the original one. Yet the issue is still there. Can we have actual details about what is causing this problem?

Posted by: Darksie.3982

Darksie.3982

Everyone with this issue probably got the same mail, after 6 days of posting the first ticket i got an answer asking for more details, gave in the details asked and not even an answer.
I mean cmon we are trying to give you guys our money lol

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

Greetings,

I’m unable to buy gems from China due to some kind of routing block. That’s what I was able to determine from the communication in the following support ticket: 120825-002056

I’m a network administrator and it seems that there’s no blocks from the Great Firewall in China to access ArenaNet/NCsoft services. AFAIK there is an active block from NCsoft to users trying to access the master account from China: secure.gtm.ncsoft.com [64.25.35.201]

I would be able to buy gems if I use a VPN, but my purchase requests aren’t even registered if I try from mainland China. I just get an error message (screenshots of the error are attached in the support ticket). I’m told by NCsoft support that this service should be open to customers in China. I’m glad to hear that and I’m doing the best I can to help solve this issue. It seems that it’s now up to ArenaNet to do something about this.

I’m hoping that this can get resolved, unless you don’t want my money anymore…

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

For those of you having purchase issues, still hang in there. We’re making some changes in the next few days that should make it easier to make the purchase.

Thanks Gaile. That is encouraging.

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

Thanks Gaile. That is encouraging.

Yeah, I hope that also includes buying from odd places. :P

Posted by: jamborii.5298

jamborii.5298

Thanks for the update. Nice to see someone from Arena Net responding to their players. The game was/ is a little shaky and the fixes where a lil annoying but it was a good launch none the less. What game came out bug free? WoW, RF Online, MS, Gaia, FFXI, HS5, Audition, F4, Dragon Nest, PWI, LoL, etc all came out with tons of bugs n other nasties. Although i would like to purchase my armor skin, I can wait since the gem store is only a game enhancer… and there is a ton of things you can do without it.. like clearing maps! or doing events! or doing something! geez stop with the nagging people. why don’t you play the game first.

Posted by: jamborii.5298

jamborii.5298

Thanks for the update. Nice to see someone from Arena Net responding to their players. The game was/ is a little shaky and the fixes where a lil annoying but it was a good launch none the less. What game came out bug free? WoW, RF Online, MS, Gaia, FFXI, HS5, Audition, F4, Dragon Nest, PWI, LoL, etc all came out with tons of bugs n other nasties. Although i would like to purchase my armor skin, I can wait since the gem store is only a game enhancer… and there is a ton of things you can do without it.. like clearing maps! or doing events! or doing something! geez stop with the nagging people. why don’t you play the game first.

refering to those people talking about quiting GW2 because they can’t spend money in the gem store of course

Posted by: Agathon.8913

Agathon.8913

To everyone who is waiting for items by the Black lion trading.

Delete your old uneeded mails. I read a previous post about it and just did it myself, and it worked!

I ordered 5 Black lion keys, didn’t get them, and sent report. Nothing happened and scoured the forums and just tried it and surely it worked. This is probably a bug, but still will help out you guys out and let the fixers fix more important issues.

And you guys at arenanet could make a post about this until you manage to fix this issue.

Posted by: Best Faded.1759

Best Faded.1759

• Agathon.8913 **** IS CORRECT !!!!!
    For me anyways… I deleted a bunch of mails and I had huge amounts of stuff piled up.
    I received everything… It worked !
    Agathon thank you !

Posted by: Venon.9641

Venon.9641

ticket number
120911-000996

Posted by: Kite.3965

Kite.3965

Agathon.8913 **** IS CORRECT !!!!!
For me anyways… I deleted a bunch of mails and I had huge amounts of stuff piled up.
Agathon thank you !
———————————————————————————————————————————————-
I can second that it does work! Bought the Krytan Armor with gems and never arrived. Deleted some old mail .. and here it is! Thanks bud!

Posted by: Smitevil.3065

Smitevil.3065

I am seriously annoyed with the Gem Store I payed 50$ for 4000 gems I spent 2000 of that on Digital Deluxe and I have not gotten anything did I just waste 25$ on nothing? They seriously need to fix this. That stuff involves real money and should be resolved quickly.

I also originally bought the Digital Deluxe for 75$ and deleted my pet and guild book because I didn’t like my first character. I was hoping to remedy the situation by just buying a new set but that also has not gotten me anything.

Put a lot of money into this game and no response to tickets and support at any juncture.

Reference # 120909-007223

Posted by: Arimori.2170

Arimori.2170

Are there remedies for:
-Card Approval Fail
-Paypal Error

Been having the above issues for past 2 weeks and not able to charge any gems.
New Incident: 120912-001237

Posted by: guchdog.3940

guchdog.3940

120906-003330
The problem I have is how NCSoft makes me into some sort criminal.

“After manually reviewing your purchase attempts, I see that they are displaying characteristics that are commonly found to be associated with high risk transactions. For that reason, your purchase attempts have been determined to be high risk by our system and you will be unable to complete your purchase at this time. "

This my frickin’ Credit Cards and my Paypal account! It’s not like I’m charging something under a different name or different address. I used the same CC to buy the game and I wasn’t flagged by the stupid Payment Risk Management system. I’m starting to wish I was now.

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

8 days. No response. They tried to tell me they fixed my issue again and close my ticket with a script.

No one’s read my issue. I’m still out $25. Still waiting for support to actually read my problem.

120904-001722

Posted by: jcoRP.1542

jcoRP.1542

I had the same issue with the Trading Post not allowing me to purchase gems from either credit card or paypal for roughly a week. I got the generic email asking some questions about my account a couple of days ago which I responded immediately to which they may have possibly removed the flag on my email.

It also occurred to me that my paypal email did not list my GW2 email. So when I added this email to the paypal account I was able to purchase gems again. I haven’t tried the credit card option in case it triggers the “Card Approval Failed” incident again. But so far I’ve made 2 gem purchases through paypal just fine.

Try this and see if it works for you.

Posted by: Rist.6587

Rist.6587

Apparently this issue isn’t a priority as none of us have been helped at all.
Strange considering its a new game and the team should think it important to keep its initial customers.

Posted by: Nocturnia.5640

Nocturnia.5640

Few days since I written support (incendent: 120910-004771).
My issue with the gem store was that I have paid for a character slot, gems went poof but no character slot to be found. I can not see it in the ‘recent purchase’ list either, but I do see the purchase of my mini pets, which happened after.
Would love to have that chararacter slot -_- otherwise its money that went poof!

Posted by: Ashless.5126

Ashless.5126

Ticket number 120905-005776

2 Support Gm has contacted me and resolved for only temporary. Now i can’t buy gems again since 9th of September.

Keep getting message saying ‘Card Approval Failure’

Have contacted my card provider and they said there’s nothing wrong with my credit card and NCsoft/Anet never tried to charge my card when i try to purchase the gems.
Can’t buy gems with paypal too.
Please help.

Posted by: supergun.4570

supergun.4570

in the next few days i might need a ambulance to calm my fury my bags always full . now its been a week for my ticket and i had no response from your awesome support team . people here are really really getting upset and angry . i really really wish u do something about it in the next few days like u said and u keep promising but we don’t see any thing yet .

Reference #
120907-007931

Posted by: Rufio.5648

Rufio.5648

Hello, my ticket has been open for 9 days, I am unable to buy more gems, here is the ticket # 120903-009455 where I have explained the whole problem in detail.

I’ve received more than 20 emails thanking me for my first gem purchase also, it’s starting to get old.

Posted by: Elohan.7205

Elohan.7205

Incident: 120912-002912

I am missing 800 gems. Tried to purchase 2 additional character slots. First purchase did work fine. but after confirming the second purchase nothing signaled the additional character slot and i did not lose any gems. Later after relogging my 800 gems were missing and i did not receive the second character slot.
The purchases were done directly after each other but I did not hammer the purchase button, more like a 1 second delay between each click.

Posted by: Swagart.6315

Swagart.6315

I keep getting the “card approval failed”.

Ticket #120912-003288

Posted by: Phaedra Firesoul.7086

Phaedra Firesoul.7086

also had a card approval failed. sent a ticket on 9/7.
Incident: 120908-000731
they emailed me and said they had to send it to a billing support rep and would get back to me asap. but i still havent heard back.

Posted by: Minus.3478

Minus.3478

I have the same issue where i cannot purchase gems. I had no issue last week, and yesterday sept 11 was hit or miss. I got one approved and around 10 declines.

ticket:
#120912-005061

Posted by: TwilightStorm.7159

TwilightStorm.7159

“I am escalating your ticket to our Payment Review Team to research your issue. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.”

Got this after a lot of questions back and forth. Well.
We all know where this ends. :p

Posted by: infamousnoone.5961

infamousnoone.5961

Still waiting, can’t buy any gems via paypal. Been a few days and haven’t received any reply to my ticket (ref #: 120908-003690).

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

“I am escalating your ticket to our Payment Review Team to research your issue. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.”

Got this after a lot of questions back and forth. Well.
We all know where this ends. :p

Welcome to the exalted ranks of those of us who have been “escalated” in one form or another. I can guarantee you won’t hear from them again :p

Gaile, would you please throw us a bone here is a couple of days actually equal to 3 weeks, or even months, or actual days.

Posted by: Selona.3489

Selona.3489

So all the thousands that get “card not approved” (me being one of many) still hope good Sir?

PS. Just slipping in my over a week old ticket nr: 120907-005522 herr herr
Thanks for your time

Posted by: Smitevil.3065

Smitevil.3065

I deleted my first character with my guild book and mini pet.

I bought 4000 gems and used 2000 of that in an attempt to get a new set Deluxe Upgrade, that has yet to arrive…

Grand Total of 50$ (2000 gems undelevered Deluxe, Pre-Purchase Deluxe 25 minus 50 for the game) spent on essentially nothing…not including the 50$ for the game itself.

I would like ether getting back the lost gems, money refund, or all the items that were interned to be gained.

Reference # 120912-003262

TwilightStorm.7159

All of you guys with problems receiving items bought with gems:

REMEMBER TO EMPTY YOUR MAILBOX

Posted by: Graven.9462

Graven.9462

I received this little gem from support today after over a week of back and forth. For reference my wife and I use the same credit card on both our accounts, hers works, mine does not.

“Response Allen via Email 09/12/2012 04:26 PM
Hello Nikolas,

The reason your card ending in BLANK is not being accepted is because it has been used on too many accounts. This is an innate feature of our system designed to deter fraudulent activity.

Your account is fine, it’s just that card cannot be used any further for future purchases. Currently, we have a limit of five NCsoft master accounts per credit card usage. However, you should still be able to have as many game accounts as you wish per NCsoft master account. If you require more than five NCsoft master accounts, you will need to use an alternate credit card or use a game time card.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Regards,
Allen
NCsoft Billing Team"

My response below:

“Customer Nikolas BLANK via CSS Web 09/12/2012 04:45 PM
To my knowledge I have a single NCSoft Master account, I believe my wife has two NCSoft Master accounts, that only makes three. Does Guild Wars 2 create new master accounts without our consent? This information should be posted somewhere very visible since it seems that MANY users are running into this same issue.

I cannot access a NC Soft Master Account using my Guild Wars 2 login info from https://login.ncsoft.com/login/loginform so there is no way for me to know that my wife and I are going over our 5 account limit.

Secondly, by your wording you are saying that this credit card is now banned from ALL future purchases from NC Soft. However my wife is still able to make purchases with the card on her account.

Is there a way to get a listing of any and/or all NC Soft Master accounts that we have in order to have any accounts we are not using deleted so that it will be possible to use the card again?

If not is this limit something that NC Soft is working to resolve or modify in some way? Getting a new credit card is a ridiculous suggestion and game time cards are not available as of now for Guild Wars 2.

Thank you,

Nikolas"

Very frustrating!

Posted by: Kenpachi.2498

Kenpachi.2498

[Incident: 120911-009295]

On 9/10/12, I tried purchasing some gems. I tried paypal and received paypal error. I tried it a few times via credit card as well and was unable to make any purchases due to an error.

I tried it with the same credit card moments later and was able to make multiple purchases successfully. However, after checking my bank statement I found out that each gem purchase that was made had charged me twice!

I received the gems from my intentional/successful purchases, however I have not received anything from the unintentional charges that NCSoft has made to my account. I would like to have my money back for these unplanned charges.

I attached a portion of my bank statement to the support ticket that I put in with NCSoft, but have not heard back from them yet. I’m just trying to be patient with this process and hope that I can get the amount back that was charged to my account.

TwilightStorm.7159

What is this stuff about NCsoft master accounts anyway? If there would be a way to login to those, I could maybe fix things. I tried fiddling around with making my own NCsoft master account, but it’s not like I can link my existing game key to that account. i have no idea how this works, I just want to buy gems. Still getting the same, tiring, errors.

Posted by: blackfoot.5027

blackfoot.5027

I’m getting “card not approved” after a few gem purchases.
ticket #120911-008713

Posted by: IIXGrieverXII.1026

IIXGrieverXII.1026

I keep getting “An error occurred finalizing your purchase.” when I attempt to purchase gems through my paypal.

Sangrivane.4360

Gaile, can you give us an exact ETA on this fix? For those of us who have been waiting two weeks, “the next few days” is a bit vague and we’d like to get some certainty.

Posted by: psurulz.1562

psurulz.1562

I am getting the “Card Approval Failed” error message when trying to purchase gems from the Gem store using two different credit cards with available funds. I put in an incident ticket, 120909-007230, and am still awaiting a response. Thanks for your assistance.

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

9 days! No reply. No one has offered any kind of response whatsoever.

After successfully buying gems, the gem store took them in return for nothing.

Please reply!!!!!!!! 120904-001722

Posted by: Wickednisse.7209

Wickednisse.7209

I just tried to buy 5 Crafting Boosters and the gems were deducted, they show up in my recent transactions but they are not in the mail, not in the pick up tab – they are gone which makes me sad because I wanted to do some crafting before bed

I opened a bug report in game but have not opened a ticket, I’m having issues with opening the ticket for some reason.

Posted by: Wickednisse.7209

Wickednisse.7209

• Agathon.8913 **** IS CORRECT !!!!!
    Agathon thank you !

Thank goodness I saw this post and checked my mail, I’d forgotten to delete a bunch of gold seller spam emails, problem solved!!! THANK YOU!!!

Posted by: MoonSlasher.9684

MoonSlasher.9684

Support Ticket Number: 120910-000801

Hello, I bought Krytant Armor Skin (500 gems) and used 2000 gems to upgrade to deluxe version but I only got the Golem Banker in the mail, and did not receive the Krytant Armor Skin and the bonus of deluxe version, just only the banker golem.

I have tried delete old mails but it doesn’t work.

Posted by: Littlebootz.5860

Littlebootz.5860

I’m having the same issues as everyone else when purchasing gems. My card and my paypal are being declined. They released the purchase restriction for 24 hours so I could purchase gems but I’m not sure why my account is restricted in the first place.

Ticket 120829-016101

Sangrivane.4360

Is the billing maintenance that has been announced for 7am PT tomorrow morning intended to fix the problem for people who have been unable to purchase gems?