FPS Issue with the 9/9 patch [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zohmz.9745

Zohmz.9745

Since that last patch there has been an improvement – doesn’t go good for a few seconds then go hopeless for a few.
That said the overall performance has still dropped a whole bunch, certainly far from fixed.

(edited by Zohmz.9745)

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

Please, whoever still has this issue send a ticket to get their attention since mine resulted in “unfortunately this isn’t enough information for us to go off of just yet, and I was not able to reproduce this issue on my own system”.
If enough people report it, then they’ll surely address this.

Posted by: LittleAussieMozzie.7425

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

This patch hasn’t resolved it for me, I am still receiving horrible stuttering and freezing (Even though the option panel does not reflect it at all). It says I am running at around 60-100 FPS, however in game it feels no more then 20, turn the screen and its jolting and horrible.

Specs: 3570k + 7970. Latest patch didn’t resolve this for me, however I am now in the process of downloading GW again >.>. Update graphic drivers didn’t resolve anything only experiencing issues in GW since the feature pack

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

same here. I don’t want to bore support with this, specially cuz im IT engineer and I know what Im doing. This is issue of gw2, not my system.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: ishotellet.7184

ishotellet.7184

This is issue of gw2, not my system.

Yep, just tried to log-in once again but the fps is still way too low. I find it sad that they havn’t informed us about the real issue here and that some people think it’s their fault in some way.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Did anyone try what Ark Bladesteele said?

Besides the updates, deleting my C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 folder was the only thing I did.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

The latest update helps a little with the FPS but still with stuttering in front of another players. I had to play the reset with lowest setting and I used to play in medium/low at 50+ fps.

Is something related with another players. I haven’t this problem with NPC.

Posted by: reiko.6081

reiko.6081

Same problem here… i was getting like 45-55fps in a certain place where i check differents setups. After patch with that same setup i’m getting 25-35fps.. please Anet can you reply on this?? It’s very disappointed cause i was hoping a gain on my fps with the patch, not the opposite.. =/

Windows 8.1
i7 3635QM 2,4GH
AMD Radeon 8870HD
1080×1920
i’m in a laptop

Update:
Now it is fine for me, in fact i’m getting more FPS than before the patch!
i don’t know if they fixed something or if it was my pc, but thanks anyway!

Zohmz.9745

Still busted. Long time now.

Posted by: Witham.5621

Witham.5621

Still stuttering, freezing and fps drop issues.

I5-4670K
Radeon R9 200 series.

Changed drivers, reinstalled, tried forum advice nothing works.

gg

Whith.

Posted by: mehyaM.3042

mehyaM.3042

Submitted a ticket today. I explained what was going on and I also linked a reddit thread (here)

This is absurd how they haven’t acknowledged that there is an issue with the games performance for many players. Its been almost a week since the feature patch and there hasn’t been anything from a dev. I’m not going to be surprised if there’s a patch that comes out soon that fixes the issue, but won’t be mentioned. Its as if they don’t want us to know they made mistakes. Tell us whats wrong, give us a time frame and we will be fine.

ishotellet.7184

Submitted a ticket today. I explained what was going on and I also linked a reddit thread (here)

This is absurd how they haven’t acknowledged that there is an issue with the games performance for many players. Its been almost a week since the feature patch and there hasn’t been anything from a dev. I’m not going to be surprised if there’s a patch that comes out soon that fixes the issue, but won’t be mentioned. Its as if they don’t want us to know they made mistakes. Tell us whats wrong, give us a time frame and we will be fine.

Yep it’s sad and it’s gettind old, like →WHY<- cant they just give us something… Some people actually can’t play every day and would atleast like to hear “Hey guys we noticed some issues with the latest patch. We’re currently working on it and we’ll keep you updated”. Guess we’ll never get that tho.

Posted by: Lorrainder.6053

Lorrainder.6053

Hi! Want to say getting also screen tearing and fps drop since last patch. In places like home instance too. Not normal. Everything was fine before.
Specs.
CPU: E8400 / VGA: radeon HD4830 / 4gb ram/ Win 7

Zohmz.9745

You know, I don’t expect the game to be playable anytime soon. Infact the downtime has been long enough that I’ve went back to enjoying variety, rather than spending my spare time on a mmo (gasp!)
but really the only thing I’m disappointed about is how I haven’t seen a single response from anet. I suppose a few months back I was playing wow and all us wow players are spoiled brats who think we deserve the moon, but still – zero response from anet is very disappointing after almost a whole week.

Good game, unfortunate patch.
Enjoy all.

Posted by: FinalEmbrace.2847

FinalEmbrace.2847

I contacted support for this and they replied with:

“Hey there,

We have received a couple reports of performance issues since the new patch and we are in the process of investigating. Until we know more I would suggest keeping an eye on the forum for updates or workarounds.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns."

So they do know it is an issue and are working to get it fixed. Glad to know they acknowledged it.

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

Yes, same for me, stuttering all the time, very annoying, wasn’t like that before patch.

Couple of other topics where people complaining about this.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-patch-game-running-slow/first#post4395432
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/FPS-gains-since-latest-patch-GJ-Anet/first#post4395993

I am also having horrible graphics issues since the last patch – makes the game unplayable on my WinXP 64 machine running an NVIDIA 650 GTX.

Tried rolling everything back, and still get the exact same issue – which only materialized since last snafu of a patch

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I was afk waiting for Teq and I saw fps dip to 16 and wouldn’t go back up(50-60 fps when I zoned in). Tried to lower settings and nothing, restarted the game and its back to 50-60 fps.

Not sure what it is but something isn’t working well lol.

ishotellet.7184

5 days and still waiting…..

Posted by: kingbread.6174

kingbread.6174

also reporting in, suffering fps drop but most noticeable during karka queen

ishotellet.7184

also reporting in, suffering fps drop but most noticeable during karka queen

Well i still got massive fps drop everywhere i go so i can’t even play. It’s been 5 days without a single answer from Anet, they could atleast say something…. it’s not like we should have to force them to answer here and i don’t care about the quote’s people post. This is just terrible service.

Posted by: kingbread.6174

kingbread.6174

guess we just have to keep commenting so they cant just shove this down and forget about it

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

“We are aware of this particular issue and we’re looking into it. We do not have an ETA on a fix at the moment.”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Customer-Support-9-9-Feature-Build/page/2#post4415558

Prob have to wait longer for a response or no fix incoming, I guess only a few of us have this problem, though our systems are the same as prior to patch.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Before patch, my graphics settings were perfect, slight drop of FPS during group event (Skill effect supernovas mostly), but everything worked very smooth.

After the Feat Pack, significant FPS drops everywhere with these same settings, especially with othervise high detail objects and loading player character models it seems, since I tested turning “Character Model Quality” to lowest setting (So all players were replaced with crappy placeholder models) and got some improvements there.
“Character Model Limit” was on lowest setting by default, so this was not a problem either.

I updated drivers, but same problems still persist…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: ElGabbo.1280

ElGabbo.1280

Same problem here, i played with no problems at all with everything maxed out, and after the patch BANG! 10-11 FPS.

I’m looking forward for a solution, and fast. It’s been a week after all.

Posted by: Abjurer.9302

Abjurer.9302

I also had this problem. By changing my resolution to “Windowed Fullscreen” I was able to keep my original display settings and have normal FPS.

Posted by: ClaviculaNox.8762

ClaviculaNox.8762

i7, 8GB RAM, GTX 560 latest driver updated

Before patch I had 45 – 50 FPS & in massive crowd drops 20 – 25 FPS
Max. graphics settings

After the patch, there is a lot of stuttering & FPS dropped massively to 20-25 FPS & in massive crowd 1-5 FPS!!!

I first thought it was my problem, so I fresh installed windows, Cleaned the dust inside PC and all & nothing was changed

I removed HI-Res character option as suggested
Deleted the GuildWars 2 folder in C:/Users/Yourname/Local/Roaming/GuildWars2

Restarted the game & the stuttering was slightly improved

FPS is still lower than before

I know it’s not my GPU and it’s something changed within the game.

I’m not Obsessed , I’m POSSESSED!

(edited by ClaviculaNox.8762)

ishotellet.7184

Same problem here, i played with no problems at all with everything maxed out, and after the patch BANG! 10-11 FPS.

I’m looking forward for a solution, and fast. It’s been a week after all.

Yea we all do but i don’t think we’ll see one anytime soon.

Posted by: ElGabbo.1280

ElGabbo.1280

Yea we all do but i don’t think we’ll see one anytime soon.

It’s a shame because I just started playing and I think Anet did a terrific job with this game.
So keep up the good work Anet!

Posted by: arjov.8649

arjov.8649

quite solid fps pre-patch, now reaching the impossible to play 10-15 fps during 20/30 vs 20/30 in w vs w. well done, just during the turnament !
btw i’m using OC’ed haswell @ 4.6Ghz and OC’ed r9 280x

Posted by: Yolany.1476

Yolany.1476

Same issue here. Never had fps problems before the patch. Even with “best appearance” settings fps was always around 50-60 (30-40 in high populated areas, and less at teq, but is was ok). After the patch it is barely 11-12, sometimes 5-9 (and I’ve already downgraded all the settings).

Posted by: ExImIeR.7813

ExImIeR.7813

I have FX6300+HD7850 and fps reduced to 30 and it has no reason (at locations where previously it was 50-60)
Even if you look at the ground FPS does not increase…

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Del.4309

Del.4309

Yeah same problem here. Happened for me after the patch aswel.

ExImIeR.7813

Voronezh, Russia
3:37 a.m. UTC+04:00
Underworld
Dry top
FPS in screenshots after turn another render

Attachments:

(edited by ExImIeR.7813)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I merged two active threads, and we appreciate the reports.

If you’ve recently noticed an drop in FPS, please post in this thread with the following:

• Your location
  • Time and date of incident (plus time zone)
  • Game World
  • Map
  • Brief description of what you’re seeing
  • Ticket number, if you submitted one.

Thank you much!

(Since latency is a different issue and is not always related to this problem, I made a separate thread for that.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

ExImIeR.7813

Voronezh, Russia
3:49 a.m. UTC+04:00
Underworld
Dry top
FPS in screenshots after turn another render

Attachments:

(edited by ExImIeR.7813)

ishotellet.7184

Ok i play on the Far shiverpeaks server & it doesn’t matter where i am cause im getting the fps drops all over the entire map(all zones), even in www. It’s been like this since the latest patch & 24/7 since i started this thread which is 8 days ago.

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

Time and date of incident (plus time zone) 9/18/14, 19:21 CST

Game World NSP
Map: The Grove, by Home, mostly unpopulated

Brief description of what you’re seeing:
In any zone, on any character, if I am alone, or the map is nearly empty, I can run at the highest graphic settings, and have FPS of 50+. However, if the map is crowded, or there is an event with a lot of particle effects, frame rate can go down to 2-3 FPS.

When there are crowds, I have to turn my settings down to the lowest possible setting, which makes it look like I’m playing with a Matisse filter on. It’s so blurry it’s like a watercolor. Even with that, in a crowd, my FPS doesn’t go above about 18-23 FPS.

I have a 75/50 gb fiber optic internet connection, I’m plugged into the router which is less than 3 feet away. System is top tier and fully optimized. Drivers current. Nothing hardware or software on my end has changed since either 9/9 or 9/16 except for the patches.

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I merged two active threads, and we appreciate the reports.

If you’ve recently noticed an drop in FPS, please post in this thread with the following:

• Your location
  • Time and date of incident (plus time zone)
  • Game World
  • Map
  • Brief description of what you’re seeing
  • Ticket number, if you submitted one.

Thank you much!

(Since latency is a different issue and is not always related to this problem, I made a separate thread for that.)

I’m almost certain the affect on my graphics/FPS has something to do with character models/textures.

I just tested it again in Mystic Plaza by tweaking my settings: I had changed Character Model Limit and Character Model Quality to Lowest to have playable FPS since the patch and I tried putting them back to “Low” (where I had them pre-patch). Each one had a noticeable impact on FPS the moment I started moving around the Plaza and other players.

Turning off High-Res Character Textures appears to have a small positive affect as well.

Note: The part that appears to make the biggest impact is putting Character Model Quality on Lowest (which means every other player is displayed with the generic profession model).

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

With High-Res Character Textures turned on:

• Everywhere
  • All the time
  • Henge of Denravi (does it matter, really?)
  • All of them, even my home instance, alone
  • FPS is about 10 below normal, but intense stuttering occurs every few seconds that drops framerates into single digits
  • N/A

With High-Res Character Textures turned off:

About the same FPS pre-patch, although perhaps slightly better. Note that I was able to use High-Res Character Textures pre-patch without issues, and I’d suspect that having them turned off is the only reason I see slightly higher framerates. There is something seriously wrong with that setting.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Nikaido.6739

Nikaido.6739

With High-Res Character Textures turned OFF! (It is always off! But before the september update, my FPS was still more stable!)

Your location: Richmondhill, Ontario, Canada.

Time and date of incident (plus time zone): It was 12am but it doesn’t matter… because ever since the update, my FPS dropped. From average 30-40 to under 20!

Game World: Ehmry Bay

Map: Almost everywhere in the game especially in the 5 major towns, world boss events, WvW when players are all around. My FPS dropped from average 30-40 to around 15 in town. Under FPS 7 when I am in world boss event.

Brief description of what you’re seeing: FPS dropped… it was high in the character loading page and dropped when I am actually in game. The FPS went down more when I account bond my minis.

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

Since Sept patch, GMT+8.
Sea of Sorrows
Map: Open World and in instances
Brief description of what you’re seeing: FPS will constantly drop by half when moving through instances/open world. All settings lowest, no Hi-Res Textures. Frame rate was stable before patch, that is no visible stuttering.

(edited by rojak.1894)

Posted by: BatsBite.5637

BatsBite.5637

I can’t even play the game anymore…

My location: Europe (Slovenia)
Time and date of incident: Started a little after the Sept 9th patch was released and it hasn’t been normal sence then.
Game World: Underworld
Map: It happens on each and EVERY map.

Well sometimes I can’t even move my character, everything happens a second or two latter than it should, my screen is ’’freezing’’, I can’t even type normally sometimes… I have everything set on low (in options) and before the patch FPS’s were normal (can’t really remember how much but I could play normally, maybe some minor lag at world bosses but it was perfect compared to what is happening to me now) but after the patch I get like 22 FPS max in less populated maps and 1-5 FPS in more populated maps. It’s totally IMPOSSIBLE to play during the world boss events because of this (even the Fractals were so depressing I wanted to quit right at the beginning) and I am afraid to even try Dungeons & WvW… I tried EVERYTHING that was suggested here, on forum, but nothing really helps

Main: Doctor Thodt (necro)
No.1 UNICORN EU!
Show No Mercy For We Have [NoNe]

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Your location Belgium
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) All day long (I play from time to time between 9am to 10pm GMT+1)
Game World Augury Rock
Map Lion’s Arch and WvW maps, still present but less important in PvE (except world bosses)
Brief description of what you’re seeing The screen freezes, I can’t do anything except praying my character isn’t dead. I lowered everything to nearly minimum settings and it’s still unplayable most of the time. Doesn’t matter if we’re a team of 5 in a dungeon or a huge groupe in WvW, the screen freezes and I can’t play anymore. My computer is barely a year old and everything began after August first patch. Hope this will be fixed because the game becomes more frustrating than enjoyable

Edit: I also assume that I experience lag in my skills since, when the screen is frozen, I still try to use my skills but it seems like nothing happens.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

(edited by VergilDeZaniah.3295)

Posted by: arjov.8649

arjov.8649

Your location —- Italy
Time and date of incident —- I noticed this on 9/16
Game World —- Seafarer’s rest
WvW maps
Brief description of what you’re seeing —- game stutters like when cpu or vga overheat and throttle (but nothing of these is happening). I’m playing WvW mostly due to the tournament, and where i could see solid 30-35 FPS in high populated combats now i only see 10-15. I stopped running guild raids, being a commander is just impossible with 10 fps, and i cannot bring my people to death XD
My settings have always been the same : all maxed out except for culling. I used to be ok medium on character model limit and hightest on character model quality. now i’m trying on lowest for both and also disabled best texture filtering and high res characters, but I cannot even say for sure if I’m getting 1-3 fps more. Something else is not working as intended

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Your location: Serbia(Europe)
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): Since release of 9/9 feature patch. Today when logged in, from 13:57pm +1 GMT
Game World: Underworld
Map: Shuttering happens on every map.
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Game runs smoothly then suddenly fps drops for no reason. When at F11 my fps is 49-55 then suddenly >23.
Ticket number, if you submitted one: Don’t wanna spam support so I didn’t submitted any.

Really hope it helps. I’m fed up from this shuttering.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

(edited by TokyoGhost.6492)

Posted by: Falx.8427

Falx.8427

- Bergen, Norway
- Every day, anywhere, any time
- Gunnar’s Hold
- Eternal Battlegrounds, Green/Blue/Red Border, every PvE map, Hearts of the Mists, Edge of the Mists and PvP maps.
- In PvE i have lagspikes that can last for about 1 minute and disconnect every now and then. In WvW I have a slightly different problem where I don’t dc that much, but I experience a lot of rubberbanding, and it doesn’t need to be in EU primetime, it can happen anytime. Is this one of the new features in the September Feature Pack?

- Edit: As we speakittenep dcing every 5 minutes. Everything else on my PC is working just fine, but why won’t GW2 ever work properly? …

Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Badmash [bM]
Furious Cookies [FURY]

(edited by Falx.8427)

Posted by: Proof.1835

Proof.1835

Your location : Romania
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) 5 PM , 10/9, +2 GMT
Game World : Aurora Glade
Map : Lion’s Arch
Brief description of what you’re seeing : after login , i tried to move forward and freezs for about 2 seconds. Than i turn on options and i saw 5-10 fps…drops from 30-40 in that area. From that day i stop playn’ but i login every day to see if is there any improvement with FPS and was not.

Thank you.

(edited by Proof.1835)

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Your location: Argentina
Time and date of incident: Since sep 9 patch
Game World: Sea of Sorrows
Map: all of them. Mostly WvW and EoTM
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Huge FPS drop and stuttering with more players in the screen. Without human players the game run fine.
Ticket number, if you submitted one: 889366

Basically the problem is something related with human players. I haven’t problem with environment or npc, even a huge amount of npc, but more than 5 human players and stuttering starts.

(edited by urieldhynne.2743)

Posted by: Auvili.9501

Auvili.9501

Surrey, UK
All the time
Whiteside Ridge
All Maps (but mainly where there are 5 or more people so Dungeons, World Boss maps, Cities etc..)
My FPS was around 50+ before the patch on the 9/9 Now as soon as there are more than a few people in the Map it will drop down to around 15 FPS but sometimes less than 10 FPS. Basically the more people around and the more they doing things the lower the FPS gets. It makes very little difference what graphic settings I have on.
I am also getting Lag spikes and an being disconnected on a regular basis. Before the Patch on the 9/9 I could run with High speck, and very very rarely got low FPS, Lag spikes, or disconnected.

Auvili
Ranger
Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Netherlands
No specific time,just happening since the latest patch.
Far shiverpeaks
Every WvW map ( I dont do pve so cannot judge )
Lower overall Fps,Choppy inconsistent Fps dropping to 20 when more than 10 people show up on screen,before the patch i could stay well above 40 – 50 when more than 10 people showed up.

Using maxed out settings except Character limit + Character quality at low.