FPS sudden problem

FPS sudden problem

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shuriken.8412

Shuriken.8412

Hi,so I read the article about this and the thing is Im not a new player.Just yesterday everything was working fine and this morning Im maxed at 5fps at all times which is unplayable.I did not change any hardware,software,game settings or anything similar fps just decided to drop from 55-60 to this..I tested my internet connection,cpu,gpu and everything is more than good.Heres some info on the hardware but as said it worked normally for months..appreciate any opinions and tnx

AMD FX8320
Sapphire radeon R9 270
8GB ram
win7

FPS sudden problem

Posted by: LukeFiasco.9758

LukeFiasco.9758

Same issue here, though not as extreme but i have gotten a major fall in FPS.
i5 – 3570k
Sapphire 7970 ghz
16gb ram
Windows 8.1

(edited by LukeFiasco.9758)

FPS sudden problem

Shuriken.8412

Its beating me up rly I get the same fps on lowest possible settings and resolution,I did a CPU,GPU test and it works fine,RAM is fine,internet is fine,other games similar to this one (Neverwinter) works on highest detail fine.Everything is ok except gw2 so I guess my only option is to fully reinstall althouth it makes no sence becouse since yesterday there was no patching or any other action that would change the game in any way and cause this situation..I’m really pushed against a wall here

FPS sudden problem

Posted by: Jayze.9756

Jayze.9756

I’m having the exact same issues like you said its unplayable in that state, my ping is easily hitting from 100-1k mark at times too

FPS sudden problem

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Same issue. Low, low fps. Similar, the game froze upon attempting character creation. Something is off…

FPS sudden problem

Shuriken.8412

Yeah,well the game reinstallation does not help so don’t even bother.I guess we just wait for someone to answer here or actually submit a ticket because I tried everything and failed.

FPS sudden problem

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

my fps has gone to hell… lucky to get 20

https://youtu.be/GOq7U4bpX7A

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 3.1 GHz

Video Card AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Dedicated Memory 2.0 GB
Total Memory 4.0 GB

Memory 20 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

(edited by Reanne.5462)

FPS sudden problem

Posted by: Thane Krios.8564

Thane Krios.8564

Ive also been having the same issue for about 2 days now.
I usually get around 40-60FPS but its currently down to 5-8FPS.
If I look at the floor in game it jumps to about 40FPS.

Nothing has been changed on my pc.

Ive tried a total reinstall of the game.
Tried the repair Ext on the target path.
Changing graphics in game does nothing.

My other games work perfectly fine.
Also now Ive done a full reinstall of the game its stuck at downloading the last file update at 5KB/sec

Can we have a Red response on this please, game is unplayable!

FPS sudden problem

Shuriken.8412

Aside from the fact that after reinstalling the game 1 file cannot be downloaded,the game started working normally today for me.My FPS is back to normal and I had nothing to do with it so try to log in guys and see if its better now.The 1 file remaining still remains an issue but there is another topic for that and it has a lot of people trying to figure it out.

FPS sudden problem

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

same here, overnight my fps droppen from around stable 25 fps in LA to about 7 FPS, even in empty maps without much players i get massive fps drops. I might be happy getting 25 FPS partially, whereas before i got stable 60 FPS.

FPS sudden problem

Reanne.5462

This is not resolved,
I downgraded my OS back to WIN 8.1 and my FPS is exactly the same crap, I run like a horse with 3 legs… I think this is a server side problem. And I wish anet would fix it. All other graphics on my PC run fine.

FPS sudden problem

Shuriken.8412

Well here is my ticket response and it did actually fix the problem.
’’The problem you are having may be due to out dated graphics drivers on your computer. Please make sure that you have the latest video card drivers from your video card manufacturer (AMD, Nvidia, Intel). The websites in the links provided below have an auto-detect feature which will detect your graphics card and operating system and will locate the most recent driver for you.

AMD autodetect: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx
Nvidia Autodetect: http://www.geforce.com/drivers (Click “Auto-Detect your GPU”)
Intel Autodetect: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng
’’

FPS sudden problem

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

My FPS was ok last night. but i getting the low FPS now
and yes i have the latest driver. i’m using the AMD HD 7870

FPS sudden problem

Shuriken.8412

Yep I jumped ahead a little bit the problem still persists.
It was ok for a while but now it returned.
5 FPS hype!

FPS sudden problem

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Try if this helps or at least post a screenshot like i showed there :

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

FPS sudden problem

Ronnie Hu.1694

i found the solution. it is the AMD cpu problem
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27698053-Optimization-Performance

i install the window hotfix and restart my pc. now my gw2 back to normal.

(edited by Ronnie Hu.1694)

FPS sudden problem

Reanne.5462

i found the solution. it is the AMD cpu problem
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27698053-Optimization-Performance

i install the window hotfix and restart my pc. now my gw2 back to normal.

So my problem isn’t fixed.. and I wonder why ‘Support’ never mentioned that page to me?

FPS sudden problem

Ronnie Hu.1694

its coming back again. omg, i dont know what happen now

(edited by Ronnie Hu.1694)

FPS sudden problem

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

If reinstalling the game does not fix it, then obviously the problem is not the game, but something external, like video card drivers.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

FPS sudden problem

Reanne.5462

If reinstalling the game does not fix it, then obviously the problem is not the game, but something external, like video card drivers.

That is not necessarily true, if the game itself doesn’t use your pc’s drivers correctly, and there are dropped frames. If one day my game runs fine, then they update it, and it no longer works fine anymore, no matter how many times I reinstall the broken game, it won’t work. But we will see, I bought myself a new SSD C drive, Clean install of Windows 10, and all updated drivers.
If the game still won’t play above 20fps, I guess I’m done trying to play gw2.

FPS sudden problem

Shuriken.8412

That is not necessarily true, if the game itself doesn’t use your pc’s drivers correctly, and there are dropped frames. If one day my game runs fine, then they update it, and it no longer works fine anymore, no matter how many times I reinstall the broken game, it won’t work. But we will see, I bought myself a new SSD C drive, Clean install of Windows 10, and all updated drivers.

I have to say I had the same opinion.After doing some testing with Anet’s employes I downloaded a GPU-z just to be sure and I found out my card was running on x1 1.1 instead of x16 3.0. Now it kind of switches by itself so sometimes the game works fine and sometimes I have ~5FPS.I then realised my PSU was not working properly by not supplying my GPU with enaugh power at times so I replaced it and my problem is gone.If you can’t actually find the problem yourself go write a ticket and do the diagnostics they ask you to do and you will find whats troubling you I’m sure of it.And I have to give it to them they answer really fast even tho it was Sunday.

FPS sudden problem

Ronnie Hu.1694

I have to say I had the same opinion.After doing some testing with Anet’s employes I downloaded a GPU-z just to be sure and I found out my card was running on x1 1.1 instead of x16 3.0. Now it kind of switches by itself so sometimes the game works fine and sometimes I have ~5FPS.I then realised my PSU was not working properly by not supplying my GPU with enaugh power at times so I replaced it and my problem is gone.If you can’t actually find the problem yourself go write a ticket and do the diagnostics they ask you to do and you will find whats troubling you I’m sure of it.And I have to give it to them they answer really fast even tho it was Sunday.

how you check the PSU status?

FPS sudden problem

Shuriken.8412

There isn’t really a software solution for checking it there are a couple of ways using a multimeter but its risky if you dont know I would not recommend.But check the GPU performance download the latest GPU-z software and compare it to your card specifications.The thing that was wrong with my readings was bus interface so check that first and if it shows different click the little ‘?’ button and start a render test see if it changes.So you’ll see here on a picture of my results when it wasnt working so you get the idea.

Attachments:

FPS sudden problem

Reanne.5462

FIXED. Ok. so the problem had nothing to do with my GPU at all, if anyone else is going crazy over this, make sure your CPU is cooling correctly. run a benchmark on it as well as your GPU.
My CPU Heat sink had come loose and it was thermal throttling me down to 1.7Mhz, when it was supposed to be running at 3.1Mhz

FPS sudden problem

Ronnie Hu.1694

i dont know whether my GC is dying or other hardware has problem.

i replace the graphic card with the old GTS 250.
now it fixed the low fps.

so the hardware problem cause this.