Fake Mail From Players

Fake Mail From Players

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Seandaon.4086

Seandaon.4086

People may wish to know that the following in game mail seems to be going around, sent by “Telwyni”. The mail system notes that this was sent by another player and not part of the GW2 Team. If any actual staff want to examine this email, I’ll leave it in my mail inbox for 30 days.

Account Will be Shut Down

We are sorry to inform you that your login account will be shut down or partially limited within 72 hours due to currency transactions or abnormal login. If you want to remove restrictions, please click the following link to validate:
(LINK OMITTED FOR SAFETY SAKE)

Please keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 is a global game with hundreds of thousands of players. This means that standards of behavior must be upheld.

GM Telwyni

Fake Mail From Players

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Fake Mail From Players

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

I’ve received 3 of these mails with three different player names since last Monday, May 4th. I got the Telwyni email on Monday (see the screenshot). I forgot the names used on the other two emails. (I only got a screenshot of the Telwyni email. I should of got screenshots of the other two letters).

Every time I get this type of email, I just report it in-game it as “Scamming” since these are phishing scams. Afterwards, I block the offending account. Finally, I delete the email.

Attachments:

(edited by kta.6502)

Fake Mail From Players

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And you shouldn’t post a picture of it with the link visible.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Fake Mail From Players

Posted by: Hyena.9648

Hyena.9648

Made me laugh when I got it. Never mind the giant NOT SENT BY GW2 TEAM at the bottom XD

“I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.”
— Mark Z. Danielewski, Only Revolutions