Falls emails areanet?

Falls emails areanet?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Eviltico.6170

Eviltico.6170

hi everyone,
lately i have been recieving plenty of Arenanet emails ( not sure if these are falls or not)
that says that my account might be hacked/stolen. i recieved this email in my “junk” email so i am not quite sure if this is right. some more info about the sender: they go by “noreply@guildwars.com” can any1 or better a modderator reply to me on this forum confirming that this is not false.

Attachments:

Falls emails areanet?

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I don’t know it seems legit but…..
just to be on the safe side do not click the link it might be a redirect to a non anet website.

do change your password though but go manually to the gw2 site and access your account than change your password

Dan kan je zeker van zijn dat je account niet was of kan worden gestolen.

Falls emails areanet?

Posted by: LowestTruth.2635

LowestTruth.2635

Tarnished Coast

Falls emails areanet?

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

Hi,

I tried to reply earlier but was unable to log in.

These are scam emails – do not trust them. ANet will never contact you like this.

LowestTruth hit the nail on the head so to say – follow that link!

From the linked page; ‘We will not send emails that state that your account will be terminated if you do not respond. We will not send emails that state that an account has been compromised (unless we are responding to a player). Emails of this type are almost certainly malicious in intent.’

You are very unlikely to get any official email from ANet regarding your account – in your inbox / junk / spam – best is to delete these emails and NEVER follow the links.

If you are concerned that there may be an account issue then find the correct addresses / phone numbers on the ANet GW2 website and contact customer support personally.

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

(edited by UKNightWatch.5742)

Falls emails areanet?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

You know what would be nice? Every official e-mail come with some thing that uniquely identifies the player in writing so there is no guess work to be done.

Like an account name for example. Phishing e-mails just send the generic greeting. Doesn’t help when the official e-mails do as well.

Falls emails areanet?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

If it’s in your junk/spam folder, TOSS IT, DO NOT click any link in that email.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Falls emails areanet?

Posted by: gassy.8975

gassy.8975

I sometimes get legitimate emails in my spam folder. Email filters are not perfect. In any case, if it’s an account you value, always go directly to the web site of the account you’re trying to access. Don’t rely on email links.

Falls emails areanet?

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Anet will not contact you if they suspect your account is being compromised or similar. They simply lock it and wait for you to contact them.

And it’s “false” not “falls” – Falls refers to water going over the edge!

Falls emails areanet?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet