in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: KatrinaShekra.3175

KatrinaShekra.3175

I can say for myself, the 32-bit client actually runs faster and with less lag than the 64-bit. On the 64-bit, not all enemies/NPCs even loaded so I had no idea I was running into things until I was being shot at. Meanwhile, the same map loads no problem in the 32-bit. On 64-bit I even reduced settings and it still lagged behind on loading when compared to the 32-bit. I think for now I’ll continue with the 32-bit as it seems to run better for me. Thank you for the new client, though! I hope to be able to try it more later!

Posted by: BDave.9386

BDave.9386

Yay! Thank you!!!! I know what I am downloading to my SSD tonight!

Hmm, currently the 32 bit is on my HDD. I wonder if it will still see the resources since I put it in a nonstandard place or if it will try re-downloading? Oh well, even if it means I do not get a chance to play with it until tomorrow it will be like a prezzie waiting to be unwrapped.

It didn’t see my the .dat file from my 32-bit client even though they were right next to each other. They were (well, are) not in /Applications, though.

Posted by: Lostkin.6927

Lostkin.6927

MacBook Pro Late 2013
2.3 GHz i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
macOS Sierra 10.12.5
Running in Windowed Performance mode.
External Monitor

Whenever right mouse button is clicked and the mouse is moved slightly to control the camera view/direction, the camera jumps up about 25 degrees. Inverting Camera Y-axis causes it to happen in other direction. Other camera settings have no impact on symptom. Repeatable each time mouse is clicked and camera position is changed.

**Update: Isolated the symptom to only when using an external monitor and default external monitor configuration (scaled 1080p). Symptom doesn’t occur when using scaled 1600×900 setting for external monitor.

Update 2: Another way to reproduce the symptom is as follows: when in character selection screen, moving pointer over character so the pointer changes to hand for rotating character, right click and the pointer will drop lower. The in-game camera angle change is doing what it should in response to the pointer jumping lower. So the real issue is why the pointer changes position when the right mouse button is clicked in this configuration.

(edited by Lostkin.6927)

Posted by: AlexTogo.2586

AlexTogo.2586

Thank You!
you are not forget about Mac users – I`m appreciate!
This is my version comparison (32 & 64 )

Attachments:

Posted by: Stephen ClarkeWillson

Previous

Stephen ClarkeWillson

ArenaNet Studio Technical Director

Next

BDave, yup, we only search the /Applications folder.

Posted by: Mighty.7548

Mighty.7548

The first thing I noticed which was weird was this sort of “ghost effect” in which there was an outline of surfaces, which would remain hovering on the screen when I would move around Lion’s Arch. I quickly logged out, restarted the computer, and that seemed to fix it, so remember to restart your computer if you are upgrading to the 64-bit version.

Mighty.7548

With the following photos, pay attention to the sunlight on the ground, as I have noticed that it follows me around Lion’s Arch like a spotlight.

Attachments:

Mighty.7548

In this second photo, you can see the shadowy area before me melting away as the sunlight follows me, instead of shining naturally throughout the environment.

Attachments:

Mighty.7548

There is also a weird sort of glowing effect around my pet and myself, which is easier to see when I stand in a shadowy area, but the shadows on the ground melt away as I seem to bring the sunlight to it. It makes it seem as though my character is incredibly reflective to redirect that much light.

Attachments:

Mighty.7548

Its a small detail, but it seems weird and its noticeable, as if my character is carrying a huge lantern.

Attachments:

Mighty.7548

The Silverwastes have a similar lighting issue, only the shadows on the ground appear very strange and segmented.

Attachments:

Mighty.7548

…and as I move forward, you can see that those digitalized-looking shadows melt in an unnatural way, as if my character is the source of light.

Attachments:

Mighty.7548

On a positive note, the game has yet to crash with the 64-bit client, and it was crashing so much with the 32 bit that it was unplayable. It may not be perfected yet, but I greatly appreciate this update, and I look forward to the edges getting smoothed out. Everything is gorgeous except the few shadow-glitches I’ve noticed.

Mighty.7548

Certain graphics aren’t right. Looking at my Scrapper, here, you can see that her sleeves are not rendered right, neither is the front of her jacket, and the cogs in her horns are obviously having an issue.
Note: these graphical issues do not occur in-game, only in the login screen.

Attachments:

(edited by Mighty.7548)

Posted by: sunrun.4521

sunrun.4521

There is also a weird sort of glowing effect around my pet and myself, which is easier to see when I stand in a shadowy area, but the shadows on the ground melt away as I seem to bring the sunlight to it. It makes it seem as though my character is incredibly reflective to redirect that much light.

I’ve seen this same issue – the “spotlight” lighting (doesn’t seem to always happen) and the offset outline around things (see my post here – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Feedback-Guild-Wars-2-Mac-64-Bit-Client/page/2#post6626970 ). The last part appears to be an issue with ambient occlusion.

Posted by: Blackbird.3298

Blackbird.3298

The 64bit Mac UI has some bugs. When you turn the camera angle there are after images on the screen. Lots of skips of images during pvp fights. I run macOS Sierra processor is 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB… Also playing my necro my skill buttons are buggy. I PVP a lot but can’t with this UI atm…

Posted by: Galmac.4680

Galmac.4680

First, thank you very very much for this awesome client! Had to test it on my late2009 iMac!

I also experienced the already mentioned graphical bugs with shaders, freezing texture parts (like shadows) on some camera moving, halos around chars and objects, rendering errors etc.
Once I was afk for like 15mins and the screen turned black (energy savings options), after that I had bad shading effects, perhaps you could look there too. Had to change the graphics options to “best performance” and back to fix that a little.

And there is some more:
1. I own the endless pyro mining pick, and I miss this lava effect including the sound of it. Now it looks and sounds like a normal mining pick.
2. The game started with some too high calculated settings, no problem.
3. Performance: With moderate graphic settings I went to some WvW border lands, with a nice performance. With increasing time (like 2 hours) the performance went to “unplayable”, with lags, stutterings and I had to restart the game. Then all was ok again.
4. In WvW twice I had no player names/tags at all – I wasn’t able to see if someone’s a friend or enemy!
5. Graphics and textures are loading quite slow. Have to wait sometimes to have the environment loaded.
6. Loading screens. Up to 1:20min often. Also if I just port on the same map like returning to the spawn point on the WvW border lands
7. in-game support: Wasn’t able to include screenshots there! Small message “could not create screen shot” (or something like that, it’s a german client)

Really looking forward the first fixes, but so far a very great work!

(edited by Galmac.4680)

Posted by: RavBunneh.6854

RavBunneh.6854

For me, both the normal mac client and the 64 bit client now get 66% lower frame rate at all times in all areas. Pretty much entirely unplayable. I don’t know what you did, but for me it isn’t working; it is working a lot worse.

Mighty.7548

I did not have an issue in PvP or WvW whatsoever, and I played there for hours tonight. The login screen does, however, make my Ranger look like he’s only wearing one of his pant-legs. ;p

Attachments:

Posted by: Luisgolas.7046

Luisgolas.7046

Sometimes, shadows (in low) become “corrupted” moving the camera. It can be fixed selecting “ultra” and back to “low”. Some samples (bad-good-bad-good):

Attachments:

Posted by: Luisgolas.7046

Luisgolas.7046

I do see that we’re missing a Windowed Full Screen mode, which I think contributes to the issue of not being able to use F1-F4 if they’re bound to other actions outside of GW2 (at least how this is how it worked for me with the 32-bit client).

If you have “hot corners” set, it also works while ingame. It is a nice surprise to get the screensaver up when I put the mouse in a corner.

Galmac.4680

But it is really nice, if you “lost” your mouse cursor somewhere, you can shake the mouse to find it!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I had a late thing last night so only used it for my gathering. Nice running with decent graphics settings and seeing the memory going over 3 GB without a crash. A few graphics oddities, but those could just be because I am used to seeing my character in the world on the lowest graphics settings possible. Well, except for the large candy-corn golem that was in shades of green.

Menadena.7482

Yay! Thank you!!!! I know what I am downloading to my SSD tonight!

Hmm, currently the 32 bit is on my HDD. I wonder if it will still see the resources since I put it in a nonstandard place or if it will try re-downloading? Oh well, even if it means I do not get a chance to play with it until tomorrow it will be like a prezzie waiting to be unwrapped.

It didn’t see my the .dat file from my 32-bit client even though they were right next to each other. They were (well, are) not in /Applications, though.

I had to reload the dat as well (I suspect it is looking on the same drive in /applications). Probably a good thing as I read a post (here or on reddit?) where someone could no longer use their 32 bit version.

Galmac.4680

Well, except for the large candy-corn golem that was in shades of green.

50 shades of green then? :P

Menadena.7482

BDave, yup, we only search the /Applications folder.

Actually thanks for that. To do proper testing the less interconnected the two things are the better. Most people that are not concerned about testing will just put everything in /Applications anyway (or not do some of the other interesting ways I set up my personal machines).

edit: BTW, I am guessing you are using some of the 32-bit configs but for other things not? I was surprised to hear the music (I had it off) but it used my custom keybindings.

(edited by Menadena.7482)

Menadena.7482

Well, except for the large candy-corn golem that was in shades of green.

50 shades of green then? :P

Dunno. I had a green outfit on and my hair was more green-tinged than I expected (not sure if it has been like that all along, it does not look like that on the 32 bit client on low). The candy corn was a huge red flag though as most ones I have seen in the game were orange shades. I seem to remember seeing a green mini one once though (in fact, I may have it) so it is possible someone just had a tonic for the large version of that.

Maybe I should have whispered the person to find out what color I should have been seeing.

Posted by: Jon Olson

Previous

Jon Olson

Programmer

Next

For me, both the normal mac client and the 64 bit client now get 66% lower frame rate at all times in all areas. Pretty much entirely unplayable. I don’t know what you did, but for me it isn’t working; it is working a lot worse.

Can you post your system specs, what resolution you are using in-game (and if you are scaling your display), what in-game settings you were using at the time and the map(s) you tried this in? Thanks!

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

Like others that have commented here, doing a side by side comparison with the same resolution and settings shows a significant frame rate loss with the new client for now. The new client performs at just a bit better than half what the 32bit client does, however I have seen those numbers dip down to the teens which does make the game headache producing and a bit difficult to play.

Definitely excited about the new client and hoping that the performance will see an improvement in time.

Attachments:

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Galmac.4680

WvW is almost unplayable with the Mac client.
Returning to the spawn point let you see the loading screen for about 1:20, and if you are near a zerg, you have such lags and stutterings, that you can’t play.

Posted by: Copper.9507

Copper.9507

I have now selected the “best performance” option for the time being, even though that leaves the graphics looking like puke stains, alas. I like that some folks above have found a way to fix the shadows issue… bizarre walking off into the dark, when it’s day.

I too have noticed that it can take up to 60 seconds for environments to load. I’ve experienced character death a few times while waiting to see what was killing me.

I experienced one more render issue: character wardrobe rendering. Pic attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: Falseprophet.1502

Falseprophet.1502

I’m not really experiencing many load in problems like others have stated (seventeen seconds to load in the heart of Lion’s Arch). I am still experiencing really high ping issues, it’s not a fault of my ISP and never experienced it with the 32-bit client.

Also, here is a picture of specs and my graphic settings, seems to be doing well, outside of Eternal Battlegrounds, no real issue in the Borderlands, et cetera.

Attachments:

Posted by: RavBunneh.6854

RavBunneh.6854

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP112.0138.B25
SMC Version (system): 2.18f15
Chipset Model: Intel Iris Pro
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0×8086)
Device ID: 0×0d26
Revision ID: 0×0008
Metal: Supported
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
Resolution: 2880 × 1800 Retina
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
Connection Type: DisplayPort

In the 32 bit client I use 1680×1050. the 64 bit client refuses to use that resolution so I have use 1280×800 or 1920×1200. Both clients windowed an full screen.
Areas of play are the starting areas for all the races, Silver Wastes, Verdant Brink, Orr, The various zones dailies take me too, etc. Seldom does the frame rate raise above 9 any longer.

Can you post your system specs, what resolution you are using in-game (and if you are scaling your display), what in-game settings you were using at the time and the map(s) you tried this in? Thanks!

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

Thank you so much everyone! Please keep doing the /bug reports in game, and when you do give us a description of what you’re seeing, sometimes it’s not obvious, especially if we’re on different settings. We have someone who goes through all of them reported from the 64-bit client daily and they’re tons of help.

As Jon asked if you can post your specs and settings when you give us screenshots it would be a tremendous help. We have various machines with different specs and on different versions of the OS so matching what you have will help us track down the bugs.

We are working diligently to fix things as quickly as we can. Look to release notes for future releases for the list of fixed bugs.

We know performance isn’t ideal and the long loading time is something we haven’t seen in-house, so I’m super interested in the specs of anyone who is experiencing that issue.

Again you all are great, keep the bugs coming in!

Mighty.7548

I’ve had a pretty lousy experience trying to play today. The game has crashed so much its unreal. Whether I was in WvW, in the middle of a PvP match, or even just standing still in the Grove doing nothing, the game has crashed dozens of times today, and I used the automatic report window for every one of them, except the two times in which the game froze up so badly I had no choice but to force close the client and start over, which gives you no report option. Since I shared several screenshots earlier, here are my specs:
(my iMac is only 3 days old)
OS Sierra version 10.12.5
Retina 5K, 27-inch 2017
3.8 GHz Intell Core i5
8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

I should be able to run the game full settings, but I have it selected to Autodetect because it was crashing a lot yesterday when I had it set to best appearance. Regardless of what I do, the game crashes way too often. I attached another photo sampling the way the shadows looked today.

Attachments:

Mighty.7548

You can see here that my character appears as if he is a source of light, with darkness around him which melts away as he approaches it. You can also see this sort of “ghost imaging” around the environment in which the terrain I was in sort of lingers as an outline where I am now.

Attachments:

Posted by: TimHellen.5903

TimHellen.5903

Any plans to support Metal?

Posted by: Taranis.7451

Taranis.7451

Quite often run into flickering or missing scenery (difficult to fully appreciate on a static screenshot). This occurs in the same areas of each affected map (with Lost Precipice being particularly bad).

Specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.3GhZ Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA Geforce GT 750M 2048 MB

Attachments:

Posted by: Mapisto.2154

Mapisto.2154

Is there a way to install this on an external hard drive?
It automatically downloads to the Macintosh HD.

Mighty.7548

One thing I have come to realize is that the “Magic Mouse”, which comes with new Macs, has default settings which make it behave similar to a track pad. If you swipe with two fingers, for example, it will move you to another Spaces desktop. There are other gestures like that, too, such as gently double-tapping will do the Mission Control (or Expose’ as it was once referred to). These gestures cause the game to crash. Go to Settings, Mouse, and then there are two tabs: Point & Click, and More Gestures. Uncheck all of those features, except for the “Secondary Click” feature under the “Point & Click” tab. The Secondary Click option merely allows you to right-click on things.

I suffered through dozens of crashes all day long, then I turned off those features and I have yet to crash since I did that about an hour ago.

Mighty.7548

Also, within the game, there is a setting which allows you to alter the gesture so that instead of angling the camera, you zoom in and out when swiping up or down. That default setting seems very backwards to me.

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

First, I am very happy about having a native client.
However, there are many keyboard-related issues:

• the client does not recognize your keyboard and so assumes I am playing a english keyboard (mine is french). To a large extent, I would just need to re-bind keys, but I think this should not be needed.
  • as someone already mentioned, I cannot type the “@” to login. I had to copypaste it. The devs did mention the key next to 1 being swapped with the one next to shift, but the one next to shift (“<”) worked as it should for me while “@” did nothing.
  • the game does not recognize which scrolling mode you selected (the default new scrolling or the reverse).

Posted by: Jon Olson

Previous

Jon Olson

Programmer

Next

One thing I have come to realize is that the “Magic Mouse”, which comes with new Macs, has default settings which make it behave similar to a track pad. If you swipe with two fingers, for example, it will move you to another Spaces desktop. There are other gestures like that, too, such as gently double-tapping will do the Mission Control (or Expose’ as it was once referred to). These gestures cause the game to crash. Go to Settings, Mouse, and then there are two tabs: Point & Click, and More Gestures. Uncheck all of those features, except for the “Secondary Click” feature under the “Point & Click” tab. The Secondary Click option merely allows you to right-click on things.

I suffered through dozens of crashes all day long, then I turned off those features and I have yet to crash since I did that about an hour ago.

As far as I know we haven’t seen crashes from any of these behaviors. I’ll be interested to see these crashes when we get back into the office Monday.

Also, within the game, there is a setting which allows you to alter the gesture so that instead of angling the camera, you zoom in and out when swiping up or down. That default setting seems very backwards to me.

The direction is based on your mouse scroll direction settings.

the game does not recognize which scrolling mode you selected (the default new scrolling or the reverse).

Odd, it should. Have you posted your hardware information and other details? What mice are you using? I’m curious to see it.

Thank you!

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

the game does not recognize which scrolling mode you selected (the default new scrolling or the reverse).

Odd, it should. Have you posted your hardware information and other details? What mice are you using? I’m curious to see it.

Thank you!

Ok, so after quick testing, it actually does recognize the scrolling mode, but it acts reverse to what it used to. So to get the scrolling I had on the previous client, I need to reverse the computer setting (this is with my trackpad).

Posted by: Falseprophet.1502

Falseprophet.1502

I am still experiencing really high ping issues, it’s not a fault of my ISP and never experienced it with the 32-bit client.

Added picture of high ping in a fractal using 64-bit client

Attachments:

Posted by: Hellchaos.7138

Hellchaos.7138

I found an interesting bug that prevent me to interact with the launcher :

- 2 screens (one main and a secondary screen) http://imgur.com/a/mEQfj
- select something on the second screen just to make the focus on this screen
- Launch Gw2 from the dock
- Launcher spawn on the main screen
- Can’t interact with the launcher

Posted by: Hekela.1846

Hekela.1846

I’m so excited to see my favorite game finally offering a native Mac option!

Here are the biggest issues I’m seeing so far:
1. Scrolling around the map view is nearly impossible. It’s jerky and slow.
2. The game occasionally doesn’t register than I’ve released my shift key. (Took my a while to figure out that one. I would suddenly find myself unable to press other buttons until I pressed the shift key again – as a note: I use Shift1-4 as a replacement for F1-4.) This doesn’t occur on the 32-bit client.
3. I crash WAY more often. On the 32-bit client, I crash maybe once a day and only when doing events with lots of players (WvW, Dragon’s Stand, etc.). On the new native client, I crashed 4 times in one night, all while doing inane things (walking through Lion’s Arch, the aerodrome, and the Silverwastes).

I have all the settings set to optimal performance.
I’m on a 2013 MacBook Pro 15" w/ Retina display, Sierra 10.12.5, 2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB Graphics card.

Even still, thanks for the native client ArenaNet!

Posted by: Lostkin.6927

Lostkin.6927

Adding graphics rendering issue examples. Using Ranger/Druid character for the examples.

First two are taken from the character selection window, third is from the Hero Pane in-game, the next four show good and bad rendering taken in-game, the final attachment shows my video configuration.

I’ve noticed that any character that has rendering issues in the character selection window, will also have the same issue in-game. Rotating your camera view around the character will expose it.

Attachments:

Posted by: DocBerto.5790

DocBerto.5790

Hello. I did a little experiment.
I used Activity Monitor to track the disk activity and I started the game and log my character with the old client and the new client.
Look the byte read!!! No wonder it took age to load the game with the new client.

My mac: iMac mid-2010 4gb memory – ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

Attachments:

(edited by DocBerto.5790)

Posted by: Fred the Elf.3286

Fred the Elf.3286

Just want to echo the – so happy you guys are working on this native client.

Just want to echo that the user interface features seem incredibly large compared with the 32-bit beta.

I am also getting the sort of laggy/jittery movement.

So far the one odd thing that jumped out at me is very strange shadows in some area’s or Malchors (screen shot looking north from Wren) that clears to normal around my character as I move around.

The shadows seem to go away sometimes, not sure if it is just time or related to an event in the area, but they return if I port away and come back to the area or switch characters.

Mid-2014 MacBook Pro Retina 15"
2.5 GHz Core i7
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
OS X 10.10.5

Attachments: