in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gamestale.3562

Gamestale.3562

Hey,

I am experiencing the same problem as many others:

My framerate is significantly lower on the 64bit Client
I am currently playing on a Baseline MacBookPro 2016 with touch bar (macOS Sierra)
Settings are lowest settings on all (including sound for what its worth)
Maps I mainly tested on was Lion’s Arch, but others showed similar performance drops ( lower than 10 FPS compared to 30-40 FPS)

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

So, just installed on a new MBP and am having a strange issue, the 32 bit client will allow me to login, however the 64 bit client will not (tells me that it is unable to connect to the login server).

Do the 32/64 bit launchers use different mechanisms to connect to the login server?

Posted by: Inazuma.6107

Inazuma.6107

I kind of have quit the game but I played a little bit to celebrate and test out the native client. It looks really good and is super stable, very good work. Here’s my feedback on a few areas that can hopefully be improved:

• When windowed on Sierra the application title bar is dark gray, because the application content is black (opengl view). You can make it look like a normal window by adding `[windowPointer setBackgroundColor:[NSColor whiteColor]]` and filling the contentView with black
  • The performance is not that great, hopefully this can be improved a little. I am running GW on a i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz and GeForce GTX 680MX with 2GB of VRAM. The game is CPU bound, as changing graphical settings doesn’t really change FPS that much or at all. It’s pretty cool to enjoy the game supersampled though
  • Performance when I first tried the game was super bad when turning the camera (~10fps), this is no longer the case even after game restarts. It leaves a really bad first impression though
  • I have not experienced any of the loading performance problems other have mentioned, I am running SSD (not hybrid)

Posted by: Triften.8452

Triften.8452

Using a Mac Book Pro Retina, 2.8Ghz, Iris 1.5GB graphics.

Once I copied the graphics settings from my 32-bit client, things look pretty good. If I had to pick nits, I could complain about the way the text looks in the startup/login screen though. I don’t know if the font isn’t high enough resolution or what.

Otherwise, looks good!

EDIT: Yeah… the gesture rotate is weird. It seems a little slow or there’s an odd acceleration to it. OH, I know, there’s inertia. So, after you swipe to turn, it turns a little bit more after you let go. That’s no good.

EDIT EDIT: Inertia can be disabled under Accessibility options. But then your other scrolling will seem weird. Oh well.

(edited by Triften.8452)

Posted by: DocBerto.5790

DocBerto.5790

Hi, first of all, I like to thanks the team for the work they are doing.
I find the new client much better than the old one, and until now I didn’t have any crash or major problems.

But I have very bad performance from the new game client, and I think that are due to the costant access to the hard-disk. When I play I can see the game is costantly reading from the disk. I mean fixed on reading. Only when my character is perfectly still, the disk finally stopt after 30 / 90 sec. But then it restarts if I make even a little move.

If you monitor the disk usage with Activity Monitor you can see the huge amount of data the game is reading from the disk (20/30x compared to the old game client).

I made a small log when I played last time:
Game started (login page) – 63 MB
Character selection screen loaded – 386 MB
Queensdale loaded – 3.32 GB
I’ve walked to Claypool – 5.11 GB
New world zone loaded (Kessex Hills) – 7.69 GB
I’ve walked to Wallwatcher Camp – 8.56 GB

Posted by: Hellchaos.7138

Hellchaos.7138

Sometimes, some frame does some strange things like on my screenshot (we can see my character and 2 mobs that are not anymore on the screen)

Attachments:

Posted by: JamesKBarley.6087

JamesKBarley.6087

Firts of all, thank you very much for this!
I was on the verge of buying a new PC when I heard you were working on a native client… which, appart from being an excellent news, has been a money saviour to me!!

And High Res Textures… Oh my have I longed this one!

Many bugs and issues have been reported here, so I won’t be repeating what has already been said but two main points that prevent me from labelling this new client “entirely playable, let’s rock” :

1. Lack of resolution options. Due to my Specs (MBP retina mid12 – i7 2,3Ghz, 8go ram, GT 650M) I found that the sweet spot between perf and appearance was a 1690×1050. The only way I’ve found so far to play this resolution on the 64 client was to change the resolution directly in Os settings and turn it back on when finished playing. Not the best solution…

2. French keyboard not supported. I’m using a french keyboard (azerty) and keybinding only seems to recognize the us keyboard (qwerty). So, even if rebinding keys is not an issue, somes keys (like @ which is on top left to 1 and up to the tab buttons) are unavailable, making rebinding quite difficult. Changing keyboard settings did’t change a thing.

Voilà… I guess you have a lot on you plate right now, but I really hope you’ll find time to look into this.

Thanks a million for all the good work!

Posted by: Giluil.2534

Giluil.2534

Playing on two different Macs here:
- a 27" Late-2013 iMac 16 GB with GeForce GTX 775M 2GB on Sierra 10.12.5
- a 21.5" Mid-2011 iMac 12 GB with Radeon HD 6750M 512MB on Sierra 10.12.5

On the 27" the 64-bit client is waaay better than the 32-bit. Can finally finish a Dragon’s Stand with decent settings with no crashes and no stuttering. Man, how beautiful is this game!

On the 21.5" the 64-bit client for some reason consumes much more memory than on the 27" (the full 12 GB, where on the 27" consumes around 7 GB). This slows down the machine to a crawl, and the game stutters a lot, to the point of being unplayable. Paradoxically, the 32-bit client instead crashes much more rarely on this machine than on the 27".

Graphics glitches found so far are:
- Ghosting, as reported by other players.
- Some texture flickering.
- Most important, selection ring not visible (see attachment).

You have the most profound gratitude from me and my wife for this native port of the game. We play a lot, enjoy the game a lot, and all those crashes on the 32-bit client are a frequent source of frustration. I’m sure in no time the new client will make them history.

Thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: Doryx.9182

Doryx.9182

The new client uses an insane quantity of ram.
12GB (all the 8GB of ram + swap) in less than an hour of gameplay, it’s not normal.
From what my friends on windows tell me, 5-6GB is a normal usage.
I’m a bit worried by the huge swap usage, I don’t want to kill shorten my ssd life for nothing…

(edited by Doryx.9182)

Posted by: Aradream.2475

Aradream.2475

Hey, I can’t get my “@/#” key (mac keyboard) working with the new mac client. How come ?

Thanks for helping

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I personally have a 32-bit Macbook, and at a glance, without looking into it, and finding information such as the above regarding the 32-bit version being a Cider wrapper, I would have assumed the 32-bit version was also native. It would be beneficial to have more of a statement that the 32-bit version is more of a “legacy” client with limited support. There is no real indication that the 32-bit client is not a port, which will lead to frustration among people when finding weird bugs that will never be fixed as a result.

While it is great that there is a native 64-bit Mac version, the page you go to download the new Mac client has no indication that it is in any way different than the 32-bit client. Even while reading the FAQs it is not clear that any support questions asked about the 32-bit client may not be able to be helped at all due to the different technologies used and the fact that the 32-bit client was wrapped, not ported. The FAQ indicates that the 64-bit version is easier to fix issues for than the 32-bit version, which implies that the 32-bit version will just take longer to solve issues for.

Most 32-bit vs 64-bit differences on the same product are nowhere near as extreme as the differences between these two Mac Clients. Please consider indicating in the download section that the 32-bit client is not native – at least indicate with “legacy” or something that indicates limited technical support.

And thanks for being honest about not supporting Linux. Disappointing, but thanks for the response.

Posted by: FunkyArnaud.4986

FunkyArnaud.4986

Hey,

I have a Macbook pro early 2015 with 16GB of RAM and 1,5GB Iris Graphics 6100, and it seems that the 64-bits client crashes much more than the 32-bits one. Game crashes randomly and I can’t figure out why.

Regards

Posted by: Jon Olson

Previous

Jon Olson

Programmer

Next

Thank you everyone for your continued feedback and reports.

Hey, I can’t get my “@/#” key (mac keyboard) working with the new mac client. How come ?

Have you tried the <> key (next to left shift)? There is some internal code that can swap <> and the @# keys. We should resolve that mix up in an upcoming release.

Lorelei.7809, could you post your Macbook’s specs including OS version?

Thank you!

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: grislyteeth.1752

grislyteeth.1752

still experiencing horrible fps and lag. It’s great to see a 64 client but I think sticking to 32 will be better for now.

Posted by: Dawnwen.4716

Dawnwen.4716

I installed the 64 bit client (have been using the other, older Mac client as well as the Windows version). I’m running on a 2016 MacBook Pro 15" with maxed out GPU and RAM. The Windows client in Bootcamp/Windows 10 is pretty smooth. The Mac clients – particularly the new test 64 bit MacOS client – are very jerky. The old Mac client crashes on me every 15 to 20 minutes usually. The new test client crashes much more frequently. It seems to be graphics related but I can’t tell for sure. Not sure how to provide more feedback than this.

Posted by: Moesmaker.9581

Moesmaker.9581

Running the new client on my brand new iMac (see picture below).
FPS around 30, not too high really.
Having same issues as other people in this thread, for instance:
Texture issues (armor not displaying properly), but later this was ok.
Some stuttering whilst turning around

But the positive side of it. The client is WAY more stable for me than the 32-bit version. I haven’t had a single crash.
Load times are also much shorter.

Keep up the good work, this client is promising.

Attachments:

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

I have a MacBook Pro 2007, 2013 (4GB RAM) and a Mac Pro 2008 (8GB RAM and Nvidia GTX 650) running either Sierra or El Capitan…. the 64bit client seems to run much better initially but over time seems to leak memory. The activity monitor starts out green with memory pressure, then turns yellow and then red causing the entire Mac to slow down. Restarting the game resets this behavior.

I also notice some weird effects from lighting… I was in Edge of the Mists in the green area and the ground in the shade had a weird checkerboard effect, but the ground in the sun light seemed to look fine.

Also the load times seem very long… the old client also seems to take longer to load than the Windows version, but the new client seems longer than even that one… looking at the disk tab of the activity monitor shows the client has read like 5GB from the disk while loading a map, which is far more than the memory the client was even using (3GB) which makes me think this client is reading more from the disk than it needs to while loading maps.

These are just observations from the activity monitory, I don’t really know what it is doing… but thank you for the work and I hope you can fix some of these glitches reported here… it will be much more fun to play on the Mac if you do!!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I decided to give it a stress test by using it at the pride march this year. Yes, I knew it would crash but the mac 32 bit client certainly would. In fact I doubt windows clients were fairing much better. As expected, I gathered plenty of crash reports for anet. I also saw a texture oddity (snow beyond a certain distance was a checkerboard) and filed a bug report, unfortunately I was unable to attach a screenshot. Still though, it was nice to see 5.98 GB used at one point (and I assume it went above 6 when I was not looking). Outside of the checkerboard the biggest consistent graphical thing I have ran into was things are WAY too bright. A few textures/colors seem off but without a good comparison they might be the correct things to see (did my Asura always have green streaks in her hair).

Menadena.7482

12GB (all the 8GB of ram + swap) in less than an hour of gameplay, it’s not normal.
I’m a bit worried by the huge swap usage, I don’t want to kill shorten my ssd life for nothing…

If you can put in more ram to avoid swapping. Macsales.com has vids on how to do it. Both more ram and having an SSD are huge upgrades for your computer, I always put in much more of both than I need.

Posted by: BDave.9386

BDave.9386

If you can put in more ram to avoid swapping. Macsales.com has vids on how to do it. Both more ram and having an SSD are huge upgrades for your computer, I always put in much more of both than I need.

Yep. Unless your CPU & GPU are just horrible, maxing out your RAM and putting the OS & applications on an SSD are probably the two biggest things you can do to make your computer faster.

Posted by: Mighty.7548

Mighty.7548

What I said before about the gestures of the magic mouse cause crashes is true, and having that turned off lessens them, but the game is still crashing on me more than once per hour on average. There are numerous animation errors as well, environment-ghost effects, improper shadows, and rendering issues. The login screen has a new problem frequently, such as when I clicked on my thief to see that he was somehow dressed like Two-Face. These issues don’t usually appear in the game, but the login screen needs serious attention.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mighty.7548

Mighty.7548

Also, when I hit Command+Tab to hop out of full screen and do something such as interact with Teamspeak or Discord, that is guaranteed to cause a crash before too long.

Posted by: Hellchaos.7138

Hellchaos.7138

Sometimes, some frame does some strange things like on my screenshot (we can see my character and 2 mobs that are not anymore on the screen)

Here is a video with the bugs : Here

(low fps is due to the recording app that is not good and it’s not like that in game :P)

Posted by: Dizz.5230

Dizz.5230

After Rotating the Camera with right mouse button, the cursor is stuck (but visible) on its position for about 200 ms. I dont have “Use scrolliong geastures to change directions” enabled

I’m getting the same issue here

I would like to know if this is an confirmed bug. Its very annoying. I use an Logitech mouse without any drivers.

Rest works great after some graphics-tweaking on my iMac late 2009 Radeon HD 4850 512 MB.

Edit: Either left or right button cause this bug. Also in the new PVP end screen, where you can’t actually turn the camera, but mouse cursor still hangs for a bit.

Same issue here both left and right mouse button.

And alt/ctrl stuck after press alt/ctrl+somekey rapidly, ex: I use alt+1 instead of F1, alt key stuck after I press 1 rapidly with alt key pressed and hold no matter on move or stand still, have to press alt to release it in this case.

And this issue seems only happens when I use addition keypad on my Razer Naga 2014.

WASD stuck too, sometimes it stuck and moving toward one direction, I have to press opposite direction key several times to make it stop, most happens on W.

Most of time it don’t display party members face icon on party UI but it’s visible on target UI.

The color and light and texture, I have to say whole graphic looks strange in game. And everything looks so similar it’s hard to tell where is the cursor and ground target green/blue thing.

Would it performs better using Metal? I have better game experience using Metal then OpenGL in other games, like Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft 2. I can get about doubled FPS using Metal then OpenGL with same graphic setting(almost every setting is high) in Heroes of the Storm. I don’t play pvp in Starcraft 2 so I not sure how is the performance in real gameplay.

(edited by Dizz.5230)

Posted by: Maidenman.7829

Maidenman.7829

This post probably will not considered as reliable info, but 64-bit client on my hackintosh runs worse than 32-bit one. I never had ANY stability problems, maybe one or two game crashes for last year. So far no crashes on new client, but what I can tell for now:

- faster game start, faster game quit (almost instant)
- longer loading time for maps: Lions Arch (Traders Post Waypoint) – 7 seconds for 32-bit client, 11 seconds for 64-bit client with the same graphic options
- shutter while running or moving camera around
- gamma not working at full screen – all is quite dark

It’s unplayable for now, so for me its best to stay on old beta-client.

My machine: Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 256 SSD hard drive, 16GB of RAM DDR3, GeForce GTX950 with 2048 VRAM, El Capitan 10.11.6

Before anyone ask: yes system is stable as hell, no crashes. Ever. Full compatibility with all apps, system functions, Apple devices, HomeKit ecosystem and iPhones and iOS.

Posted by: sachimokins.7180

sachimokins.7180

I have the client downloading. Just after it hit playable, I logged in to Lion’s Arch with the camera stuck in the ground. After it loaded a bit more, it went back to normal. I decided to try out the Silverwastes and nothing was loaded. I don’t think it pulls up that dialogue box that warns the zone hasn’t fully downloaded. I let it sit in the zone for a while, though nothing loaded. On closing the game, my Mac crashed. I think that’s mainly from the runaway memory leaks I get from running GW2 in wine-staging for hours prior to downloading the 64bit client.

Though from what I see I can run it on max settings with pretty solid FPS.

Posted by: Cire Lionheart.5318

Cire Lionheart.5318

As a long time player since GW1 and Mac user, I am very grateful for this new version! I notice that it is very stable, but loading times are really really slow, even after the loading screen ends. I believe that once you have everything back in sync, I will finally be free of bootcamp!

Wish there was more I could do to help test, since I had the privilege to beta test GW2 when it first came out.

Rally to me Yaksalonians!

Posted by: Sol.6340

Sol.6340

I’m loving the new beta but it’s absolutely eating every gig of RAM on my machine. I originally tried it on 8gb of ram and continually crashed out, so I upgraded my RAM to 24gb and now the 64-bit client is consistently using between 10 and 20GB. It looks like there might be a memory leak.

System Specs:
iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch Late 2015
3.3 i5
24 GB RAM
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048MB

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

My MacBook is to be honest, quite old. I got it when OS X Tiger came out. It is currently running Snow Leopard. I believe I could put Lion on it if I wanted to.

I realize that I shouldn’t expect to run GW2 with great performance. In my prior post, I stated that I found an above post enlightening, which isn’t there now. Mainly what I found enlightening was that the 32-bit client is, in essence, a wine wrapper and a couple of other details regarding that. With my old hardware, a wrapped client is definitely something that shouldn’t be treated the same as native… Which a lot of the statements regarding both versions imply they are the same – the only difference being 32-bit or 64-bit.

I looked into Cider, which seems to be the group that wrapped the Mac Client & noted that it seems to have been bought out. What will happen to the 32-bit client? And shouldn’t the 32-bit client be flagged as legacy or limited support as it’s nowhere near the same as a native client? Also, noting the old hardware that the 32-bit macs are running, where the performance hit of a wrapper is even more significant of an issue, should there not be a warning that on 32-bit machines that the game will run as is on their machine with bug fixing unlikely in the future & that the game simply may break some day & may not be able to be recovered?

I have used Wine on Linux… Have had games work awhile, then break, then the wine group may at some point in the future (or not) fix that issue. I can imagine a nightmare situation where people get the new expansion for their 32-bit Mac, then the client breaks because of changes that came with the expansion, and then people get frustrated and wonder why they can’t play the game & get more frustrated because the issue isn’t corrected quickly due to it being wrapped (but most people will not know that it is wrapped & will expect support & performance like a native client). Then you have negativity for something you can’t control.

I think a warning on the 32-bit client would prevent that, or simply dropping it altogether. Especially considering that Mac users tend to update at a more rapid rate, I think it would be perfectly valid to simply not support 32-bit Macs and simply state that now that there is a native 64-bit client efforts need to be focused there and that if someone wants to try to run GW2 on a 32-bit Mac, they should try Wine, with no guarantees or technical support.

Dizz.5230

Having a game crash while doing Dragon Stand meta event just now.

Screen freeze but audio still going and have to force quit it, and I still get the credit and reward from the event I was doing before I force quit the game.

This happens in about 20 mins, 10 mins waiting for old map to close, 3 min lane grouping, 5 mins playing, and 2 mins hopping client recover from freeze and then 5 sec to force quit.

I will keep trying to do meta events and world bosses to see if the new 64-bit client more stable.

update:

Unplayable during Dragon’s Stand meta event. Even can’t finish over 2 event without game crash.

But good news is new client ain’t causing system panic so far.

(edited by Dizz.5230)

Posted by: algi.3981

algi.3981

I must say, I’m glad and little bit disappointed at the same time. I’m really glad to have native client for Mac, but I’m also sad to see that it’s running on OpenGL, which brings little of performance gain. I wish Arenanet would rather use Metal, which would give much better performance and would generate much less heat on my MacBook Pro. Maybe some day in the future, but until then, GW2 will bake my laptop as it used to do with old Cider client…

Dizz.5230

Option>Graphic Option>Ambient Occlusion causing a strange thing.

I don’t know how to describe it.

Attachments:

Dizz.5230

I must say, I’m glad and little bit disappointed at the same time. I’m really glad to have native client for Mac, but I’m also sad to see that it’s running on OpenGL, which brings little of performance gain. I wish Arenanet would rather use Metal, which would give much better performance and would generate much less heat on my MacBook Pro. Maybe some day in the future, but until then, GW2 will bake my laptop as it used to do with old Cider client…

Agree, at least it’s better to use Metal API to run HotS and doubled FPS.

Maybe some key stuck or cursor stuck issues will be solved by using Metal, at least same issues happened on HotS to me and all issues solved after they support Metal API.

Posted by: noxcho.7356

noxcho.7356

Hey folks,

We’re excited to be launching the Guild Wars 2 Mac 64-bit Test Client today, and want to offer you an opportunity to provide feedback and ask questions in this forum thread.

Read the blog post here.
And an FAQ has been posted in our Knowledge Base.

Please share your thoughts!

Hello, thanks for this great job!
does it possible to resolve the problem vs client: in login it impossible to make @ with french keyboard need to past email address to get access

Posted by: MaxOS.7531

MaxOS.7531

Hey guys!
First of all, thanks for the new client.

You stated you were not planning to use Metal instead of OpenGL.
But what if you used MoltenGL (https://moltengl.com) to increase performance? As far as I understood implementing it won’t require you to completely rewrite (again?) the OpenGL Engine while using Metal to boost performance and quality!

Would that be an option for you guys at all or in the (near) future?

Posted by: BDave.9386

BDave.9386

Hey guys!
First of all, thanks for the new client.

You stated you were not planning to use Metal instead of OpenGL.
But what if you used MoltenGL (https://moltengl.com) to increase performance? As far as I understood implementing it won’t require you to completely rewrite (again?) the OpenGL Engine while using Metal to boost performance and quality!

Would that be an option for you guys at all or in the (near) future?

Oh, cool! I’ll have to look into that (for my own curiosity… I don’t work at Anet or anything). I’m not sure that OpenGL ES and OpenGL are as closely related as their names would imply. Using Vulkan would require another complete rewrite (although at least they’d be able to add that rendering engine to their windows client as well). Also, Metal requires a newer OS (and video card) than their current minimum system requirements (my 2008 Mac Pro, which meets the sys reqs, only supports Metal because I put a GTX 760 in it several years ago). It’d really suck if players with older hardware suddenly couldn’t run the game anymore.

Posted by: argyler.2503

argyler.2503

Big ol’ post coming. So, I’ve been playing a few days now, and I’ve noticed a few things!

Most prominent is a strange… I’d call it a “hatching?” For the shadows on the ground, which I’ll detail in screens. It seems to happen on any map, and only in certain areas? Sometimes I’ll tilt my camera and it will go to normal, until I move or tilt it another way, when it comes back.

It’s a little weird, but, sometimes (depicted in the screenshot from Tangled Depths below) it looks really pretty! Very artsy bugs!

I’ve got a MacBook Pro 15", Mid 2015
2.5 GHz Core i7
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon R9 graphic chip.
macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Attachments:

argyler.2503

Another thing I’ve noticed, when doing the Personal Story missions:

In the cutscenes sometimes there will be minor graphical glitches. Depicted is a friend of mine’s charr, and his poor charr’s ears and horns seem to have some kind of stain!

Also, there is often an overflow of text into the cutscene area if the dialogue is a little longer.

Attachments:

argyler.2503

And a few other things, I was doing the Rata Novus meta to get at the Zinn’s Study Guide vendor, and I had to reboot my client when various elements of the game, like icons and whole lines of text in menus just… vanished. It happened after the hacking event, just as the golem goes to attack.

Please forgive the messy inventory :P

Attachments:

argyler.2503

Another thing, it’s hard to explain… when selecting radial skills, such as my Chrono’s wells, in narrow places, like the cave in the screenshot, and, like in between trees, the reticle will skip around, rather than going between them, or even a little ahead, the radius will skip behind my character, appear to be obscured by the parts of the environment ahead of the character, and can cause it to be placed where I didn’t want it to.

I hope… that makes sense?

Attachments:

Posted by: NSKL.3174

NSKL.3174

OK so some of you guys are talking about the client being laggy af in the beginning. How did this get better over time? I have been waiting for hours over the last few days and my game is still laggy till the point where it’s simply unplayable.
The game runs very smooth on Bootcamp’ed Windows with the Windows client – however I hate swapping OS between making music and playing games.

argyler.2503

And one more – sorry about the length! I was ding Guild Missions last night, and I kept noticing, particularly in the Snowden Drifts puzzle, ghosting, where silhouettes of my character (in positions my character wasn’t facing) kept appearing against mist effects and such. I didn’t manage to get any screens of it in the instance, but, afterward, a chronomancer placed a well next to me, and I managed to capture this screen, which was similar to the effect I was seeing inside.

I hope all of this is helpful!!

Attachments:

argyler.2503

OK so some of you guys are talking about the client being laggy af in the beginning. How did this get better over time? I have been waiting for hours over the last few days and my game is still laggy till the point where it’s simply unplayable.
The game runs very smooth on Bootcamp’ed Windows with the Windows client – however I hate swapping OS between making music and playing games.

Try setting your resolution lower, that really helped me! Here’re my graphic settings – maybe they’ll help you!

Attachments:

Posted by: NSKL.3174

NSKL.3174

Try setting your resolution lower, that really helped me! Here’re my graphic settings – maybe they’ll help you!

Thank you for the reply!
I already tried this – even with the lowest possible setting however with no result.
All that happened was that the game even looked so awful that I didn’t feel like playing it
On Windows I run everything around max on the same computer (on Bootcamp)

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I find I crash way more with the new native client than I ever did with the other one. My character will start to turn, everything freezes and I get the white error message to send the bug report to Anet. This happens at least once every 20min or so…really frustrating because it’s lovely to use other than the crashes.

Dizz.5230

I find I crash way more with the new native client than I ever did with the other one. My character will start to turn, everything freezes and I get the white error message to send the bug report to Anet. This happens at least once every 20min or so…really frustrating because it’s lovely to use other than the crashes.

Agree, still not stable to play with massive players to do things like pve boss train, HP/mastery train, meta events, or WvW zerg…etc.

But I have to say I’m happy that at least this 64-bit client didn’t causing any system panic for now in my case.

I still hoping anet would consider using Metal to get more performance on macOS client.

Dizz.5230

Thank you for the reply!
I already tried this – even with the lowest possible setting however with no result.
All that happened was that the game even looked so awful that I didn’t feel like playing it
On Windows I run everything around max on the same computer (on Bootcamp)

This sounds like the same situation I had when Blizzard not yet support Metal API on SC2 and HotS, every game start with lagging and awful FPS like 0.5 FPS sometimes it only happen at the beginning but most of time just unable to go to team fight and make self useful because you simple seeing everything lag for 1~2s and can’t tell what is going on the team fight, and worst of all you can’t ping enemy missing or help because cursor stuck pressing left/right mouse button. Everything is better then ever on macOS after Blizzard support Metal on these 2 tittles. Games respond instantly and FPS doubled. I never thought that graphic API can make so much different before I went through this.

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

Weirdly, I still can’t connect, only with the 64-bit client. The 32 bit client (with no command line argument changes) connects without issue. The 64-bit client, though, gives error 42:0:9001:4402.

I tried launching it from terminal with different clientport options, to no effect. I don’t get it!

Sierra 10.12.5 on a 13 inch MBP retina (Late 2015).

Menadena.7482

I have been running the 64 bit client a lot lately since the more bug reports the better. An FPS in the teens is not ideal for normal gameplay but for testing, oh well. The most interesting things in the past few days:

- The Pride March …. lots of colors, textures, and avatars ….. and plenty of crash reports

- doing Teq for the daily yesterday …. I wound up underwater twice (been a couple years since I did that by accident) and died twice (last time I did that there was due to soloing a champ)

edit: 2013 iMac, 24 GB ram, running off an enterprise-level SSD, client was windowed

(edited by Menadena.7482)

Menadena.7482

Are you using the same graphics settings as the 32 bit client? I am guessing your crashes will go down if you use the same settings. The world will look fugly though.

The 32 bit client had most of its crashes because people were hitting the 3 GB limit. Now without that limit there are other issues that can cause a crash (edit: but just the application only, not like the kind w/ the 32 bit that took down the whole system) but that is why we are essentially in a test phase right now.

(edited by Menadena.7482)