in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SeigneurDeChine.5860

SeigneurDeChine.5860

@Jon Olson I think you saw that everyone complains about the FPS thing, even people with decent graphic cards (just received my 2017 MPB with Radeon 560, getting 20-30 FPS on low settings, while I get a decent 60+ FPS on bootcamp with maxed-out graphics). Are you planning any major update soon to fix this problem, which is, to me, the main problem for us to play with this version ? Thanks for the job !

Posted by: orenwolf.1953

orenwolf.1953

Jon, small keyboard update for you:

I’ve noticed that in addition to the keyboard just suddenly not working, sometimes inputs will get “stuck” as if I’ve held a key down. Generally this will continue until I press and hold that key down again for a moment, and only seems to happen for keys I hold down (I.e. WASD). May or may not be related (and I verified that accessibility settings like sticky keys are disabled. Wired keyboard )

Posted by: herbigore.5739

herbigore.5739

I’m kind of disappointed that the 32 bit client seems to have completely disappeared, and with no warning. My game ran fine on the old client with minimal loading times and sparse hiccups. Since I’ve downloaded the 64 bit client, I keep having texture and lighting malfunctions (portions of armors not loading at all, lights being too bright or too dark) and it takes 5-7 minutes to load into any map. The UI/Resolution also looks way bigger than it did on the old client, and there’s no way for me to shrink it since the game options already say it’s on it’s “smallest” setting. I just preordered the new expansion and I’m honestly a little worried I’m not going to be able to play it simply because I keep lagging and nothing wants to load.

Macbook Pro (Retina, 2015)
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB Memory
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Attachments:

(edited by herbigore.5739)

Posted by: Yamar Denitche.7130

Yamar Denitche.7130

For those looking for the config file for the 64bit – yes it does exist.

Go to /Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2 and the config is there.

The game runs… somewhat better with 11GB of Vram vs 256MB, but I’m still lucky if I can super occasionially break 60fps on not-the-highest-but-pretty-nice settings, and I’m running a bloody 1080Ti… not super pleased with the FPS I’m getting for having that card, but it’s somewhat better than the 32 bit at least… no out of memory crashes at any rate.

I also (randomly, between 3 mins and 3 hours really…) get the no keyboard bug, where 1-9 and a-z don’t work, but arrow keys, F keys etc. all function; as well as the “everything glows” bug that is apparently from ambient occlusion from what someone said earlier.

I have not played enough to see if the “all text disappears and nothing works” bug happens anymore, hopefully not as that was incredibly annoying.

Specs:
3.5Ghz i7
32GB DDR3 Ram
256GB SSD
GTX 1080ti
OSX 10.12.5

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

@Menadena.7482: Gamma on Mac is interesting: it affects the entire display. It’s currently limited to full screen due to being in parity with the Windows client.

Thanks, it sounds like apple implemented it at the OS layer for some bizarre reason. Are there plans for us to have more graphical control than we currently have? The defaults are not exactly optimal, which I left alone to not influence any testing data.

The most obvious one I see all the time near the minister’s waypoint (and I suspect in much of DR) when I am going to my bank. All the light colored paving stones are washed out, like the brightness on a TV was turned way up. Can anyone else confirm that one? Late 2013 iMac, 24 GB ram, running from kitten.

Menadena.7482

It seems it reads it for some things and not others though. The 64 bit version grabbed my custom key bindings from the 32 bit client but not the fact that I had turned the music off.

Posted by: Yamar Denitche.7130

Yamar Denitche.7130

It seems it reads it for some things and not others though. The 64 bit version grabbed my custom key bindings from the 32 bit client but not the fact that I had turned the music off.

Hrm. Not sure then, but I changed up the Vram there as well just in case. As of just now I tried launching the 32 bit client and the launcher just black screens with the latest patch, so I guess I’m stuck on the 64 for now. Oddly enough I seem to get slightly better FPS with supersampling enabled… perhaps my card has an efficiency peak, where GW2 isn’t driving it hard enough… hah.

Posted by: Edwin.4329

Edwin.4329

Issues of really choppy graphics and poor control with the mouse (and by that I mean inconsistent rotational speed and having to modify options by logging out of the game and changing systems preferences) still exist after the latest patch and show no sign of improving. Both still gamebreaking issues with no improvement as of yet.

Still going back to the old mac client as it is still better.

Posted by: EchoPadder.7546

EchoPadder.7546

I have some new behaviour information about the keyboard not working bug:

While having the bug and switching the keyboard layout from German to some random layout like Bulgarian, the client crashes and shows the Report dialog, but in the background, the game is still running normally (can’t interact, but it plays). The Crash Report says “Signal: Trace/BPT trap: 5”

https://pastebin.com/g9UT6cvX

I hope you are able to solve this mystery!

Posted by: Chiro.3482

Chiro.3482

For my Mac users: Is anyone else having issues with the new update. On my Mac book pro GW2 is not downloading or opening for either 64 and 32 mac client. Any suggestions?

Posted by: sigg.1735

sigg.1735

I just experienced the keyboard bug. I was in Bitterfrost Frontier, when suddenly my keyboard became completely unresponsive. This is the first time this has happened to me on the 64 bit client.

Touchbar Macbook Pro
2.9 Ghz Intel Core i5
16 GB Ram
Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

Posted by: Blackwood.9072

Blackwood.9072

For some reason having ambient occlusion enabled is causing my character, all NPC / enemies, and lots of plants in the Brisban Wildlands to have these glowing yellow auras. Turning it off removed the aura, but is that what it is supposed to do?

Posted by: HippieJoel.9537

HippieJoel.9537

Observation:

On my MacBook Pro with Touchbar, if I set the touchbar to ‘App Controls Only’ in system preferences, in Guild Wars 2 I now have F keys all the way up to F17. Is this intentional? Can I bind F17 to something? I’m not sure why I’d want to but certainly interesting.

I do happen to remember that back in 2005-2006ish when I first switched to Mac the keyboards back then had keys up to F16 so I presume the OS has some support for it? Interesting times.

Blackwood.9072

If I attempt to report a bug it always says “Error taking screenshot”.

Posted by: sunrun.4521

sunrun.4521

For some reason having ambient occlusion enabled is causing my character, all NPC / enemies, and lots of plants in the Brisban Wildlands to have these glowing yellow auras. Turning it off removed the aura, but is that what it is supposed to do?

I get that same issue with a Radeon Pro 460 (2016 rMPB with TB). The aura is caused by the ambient occlusion being applied at an offset to where it should be – definitely a bug. Occasionally, as has been mentioned by other people, the ambient occlusion will also get “stuck” for a second as you move, causing it to ghost over the whole screen.

Posted by: Prins Lionheart.3182

Prins Lionheart.3182

With latest update the 64-bit version became playable! The fps is reasonable at lowest settings. Running Sierra on late 2012 iMac, 1gb of vram and 24gb ram. Ram is hardly used! CPU is running flat out at 180% (two cores out of 4).
The remaining issue for me is keyboard. It gets stuck. Randomly. And it is re-setting itself. Somehow I have the feeling that the keyboard settings for 32 and 64-bit versions are overwriting and contradicting each other. I use a dutch apple keyboard! Its settings in GW2 are not kept.

Posted by: Prins Lionheart.3182

Prins Lionheart.3182

I checked again. The 32-bit environment has changed. It does not recognize (ignores) my Apple physical keyboard. Mapping in GW2 options is looking for keys that are not there. And I can not map keys that are present on my keyboard into the GW2 options. No wonder the system gets stuck. Try/check the “swap weapons”. Work around for me is to use the mouse to “swap weapons”. The 64-bit environment is showing same behavour.

Menadena.7482

For my Mac users: Is anyone else having issues with the new update. On my Mac book pro GW2 is not downloading or opening for either 64 and 32 mac client. Any suggestions?

Interesting. I have the 32 bit and the 64 bit on different drives, the dat file does not overwrite itself that way (well, 3 copies of the dat since I also have it in a windows 10 VM). Anyway, even though I have been using the 64 bit lately I started the update on the 32 bit and went to watch TV, during it my mac rebooted somehow. Checking in I saw it had done the entire download to the 32 bit and did not seem to be corrupt. The incident was not even a normal boot either as my itunes was complaining the system had abruptly died.

Posted by: Murmur.9746

Murmur.9746

The keyboard keeps locking itself: it happens only on the gw2 app (I can write on Safari normally) and the only way to fix it is to restart the game. Since I’m tired of turning the game off and on, expecially during pvp games, can you help me with that

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

I gave the 64 bit client a shot again.

Still have weird texture issues on the character select screen. The game still takes quite a while to load, and even when it loads, NPC models s and certain terrain also take a long while to load (I’ve been swimming in air for several minutes).

Posted by: OmegaDragotroid.6973

OmegaDragotroid.6973

Loading screens are a kitten on the Mac client. They take about 5 minutes to clear and the NPCs and some world elements take ages to render in. Attached is a screenshot of my Mac’s system profile. It’s not an old or slow machine by any means, so the slow load times is kind of an annoyance. Loading screens clear fairly quickly on the Windows client I run on Boot Camp.

Attachments:

Posted by: Feyd Rautha.7298

Feyd Rautha.7298

For the keyboard issue, MacOS has a feature where if you hold a key down it will display alternates for the character set. (e.g. if you hold down c, it will pop up a little window above showing ç, ?, and ?). The client could be getting stuck on this interfering somehow?

!(wired)?(coffee++):(wired);

Blackwood.9072

During character creation my entire computer becomes sluggish if I tab out and try to use another app or even Finder. However, as soon as character completion is done all other apps speeds back up to normal when GW2 is in the background.

I’ve done this for several characters and it seems to be consistent in behavior once you get to step 4 (design the look of the PC).

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Frankly I’m quite shocked that the 32-bit client has been removed when the 64-bit one doesn’t work properly for everyone yet.

It’s nice and all that not everyone has these loading issues, but it’s pretty bad for those who do.

Posted by: slayermatt.5079

slayermatt.5079

The latest client version crashes on the login screen 3 out of 4 times when lunching.
I have to re-launch the game several times before being able to login.

Also the game sometimes crashes when there are too many players on the map, most likely caused by memory issues of the game.

Posted by: Illumine.5962

Illumine.5962

After using the 64-bit version for about 10 hours:

I, too, have experienced the keyboard lockup twice. I had to exit the game completely and restart. Keyboard was fine everywhere else.

Loading times are astronomical. It’s like the game is downloading the map each time it loads in somewhere. Once in awhile, it’s “normal” for me (compared to the 32-bit version), but still much slower than my husband’s game on PC. When trying to run HP or loot trains with a group, it becomes nigh impossible because loading times are so long. One thing I noticed – when I downloaded the client, there was virtually no download time once I opened it. Does it take files from the 32-bit version, then? Is it possible it’s having to find those files every time I load in? No clue how this works, but it was a thought I had.

Game runs fine on my Mac initially. After a time, it becomes extremely choppy regardless of population or where I am. Running, fighting, turning with the mouse… all are very glitchy once that happens and I’m not sure what’s triggering it. I have nothing else running on my computer while I play.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cujanoch.3619

Cujanoch.3619

64 Bit client incorrectly reports 64 GB of RAM as 2GB same as 32 Bit client did.

Ambient occlusion causes a bit of a white halo around the character more noticeable with certain environments. I really noticed it at first in Alpine Borderlands in the snowy areas.

Recent builds are remembering the ambient occlusion on/off setting between logins, thanks for that fix.

Blackwood.9072

Crash on quit, error log attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: Illumine.5962

Illumine.5962

Oh, one other major issue – most of the time, nothing renders (NPCs, mobs, items) until LONG after I load in. Sometimes 30 mins or more. Either that or when it does render, it looks like it stays in place even though it may be in front of me. Makes fighting or talking to someone difficult. This is both in the regular game and the demo.

Attachments:

Posted by: Abbelsap.3042

Abbelsap.3042

I’d really like a smaller UI before even considering using the 64bit client, the current smallest option still takes over more than half of my screen. Even the chatbox doesn’t fit in the lower left corner, because everything is abnormally huge!

Posted by: FricoRico.6893

FricoRico.6893

The game runs… somewhat better with 11GB of Vram vs 256MB, but I’m still lucky if I can super occasionially break 60fps on not-the-highest-but-pretty-nice settings, and I’m running a bloody 1080Ti… not super pleased with the FPS I’m getting for having that card, but it’s somewhat better than the 32 bit at least… no out of memory crashes at any rate.

I also (randomly, between 3 mins and 3 hours really…) get the no keyboard bug, where 1-9 and a-z don’t work, but arrow keys, F keys etc. all function; as well as the “everything glows” bug that is apparently from ambient occlusion from what someone said earlier.

I have not played enough to see if the “all text disappears and nothing works” bug happens anymore, hopefully not as that was incredibly annoying.

Specs:
3.5Ghz i7
32GB DDR3 Ram
256GB SSD
GTX 1080ti
OSX 10.12.5

I take it that the Local.dat is the config file? For me there is only gibberish in the file. Nothing understandable or readable. I can’t even find the value ‘256’ in the file either. Am I missing something?

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

I’d really like a smaller UI before even considering using the 64bit client, the current smallest option still takes over more than half of my screen. Even the chatbox doesn’t fit in the lower left corner, because everything is abnormally huge!

I’ve seen this posted before, but what scale setting do you have in OSX System Preferences —> Display ?

Posted by: Abbelsap.3042

Abbelsap.3042

I’ve seen this posted before, but what scale setting do you have in OSX System Preferences —> Display ?

As far as I can tell I’m using the standard retina settings; 13,3-inch (2560 × 1600). Do you have any advice? ^^

Posted by: Anabaena.3670

Anabaena.3670

Honestly, the game is mostly manageable now on 64 bit. But the UI size… PLEASE let us make it smaller (actual text size etc.) it’s taking up so much space! Everything in terms of UI is about twice as big as it needs to be and it’s in the way.
(I’m on a 2015 macbook pro retina, display on default, using game full screen 2880×1800 resolution)

Also, enabling ambient occlusion gives a really odd glowy effect?

(edited by Anabaena.3670)

Hawken.7932

As far as I can tell I’m using the standard retina settings; 13,3-inch (2560 × 1600). Do you have any advice? ^^

Okay. I have the larger retina laptop, and the interface is squashed in like that if I have things set to “default for this display”. So you have it set to “Scaled” and then the resolution selected?

Interesting though, these days I play with it hooked up to an external monitor, also running at 2560 × 1600, and the UI is fine, not squashed in. In that case, I have OSX System Preferences, Display, set to “Default for this Display”

(edited by Hawken.7932)

Posted by: Appleboy.7198

Appleboy.7198

Since the 64 bit Mac client release my game’s performance is horrible:
-Map loading is a loooooot slower….
-At every second map loading screen my game stops working and I have to restart everything
-Sounds are sliding
-Texture bugs, sometimes I can’t see the character’s body parts.
-Keyboard stops working, and once again I have to restart the client.

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

I did not want to comment on the mac client since I am not too computer savvy compared to others and thought it still needed a lot of tweeks before it was ready. However, now that we are going to be forced to use it, I might as well.

To put it bluntly, my screen looks like kitten with the 62 bit client. Everything looks pixilated and blurry compared to the 32 bit client. It is not crisp at all. This is even the case when I change the graphic settings. I don’t know if there is a specific reason for this in my control or not. However, the only thing I know is that currently playing with the 62 bit client makes me wana cry compared to the 32 bit. It just looks like crap and I don’t know why. I just know something has to be wrong.

Additionally, the UI is way to big. If I try to change stuff in display like others are mentioning than it just shrinks down the display screen so that its not full screen. Therefore, its not really a fix.

TBH, all I want is for the game to look like the 32 bit client.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

Xstein.2187

64 bit screen shot

Attachments:

Xstein.2187

old 32 bit screen shot
same graphic settings.

Attachments:

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

I thought perhaps I was using the 64-bit version since someone in the thread mentioned “mandatory”, but I wasn’t. I downloaded it and it fixed my crashing problem at login, which was a 32-bit thing. (Hence the emulator crashing.) Did have to set video scaling to Native Resolution, to get rid of the blurry image. Also, set most things at Medium to get reasonable frame rates on my Touch Bar MacBook Pro.

So in my case, things got much better with 64-bit. Oh, with the occlusion setting I also get an odd anti-shadow around my character, but turning that off fixes it — and makes the overall screen brighter.

Xstein: Go into your game’s video settings and look for the scaling setting and select Native Resolution (or something like that). Instantly everything will be clearer and not blocky.

Hawken.7932

64 bit screen shot

So, definitely pretty strange, Xstein. This is a shot of my game with the 64 bit client. Some pretty odd resolution bug going on with yours. Are you also running on a 13 inch retina out of curiosity?

Edit: oh, as Druitt above says, that might fix your issue.

Attachments:

Posted by: Asfalon.5863

Asfalon.5863

Anyone else having login issues since Thursday’s (?) last patch? I keep getting a “coherent host crashed” with no other option than closing the launcher.

Posted by: Deimos.6493

Deimos.6493

It may sound strange, but Mac 64-bit client runs better for me than in Bootcamp Windows 10. Mostly low settings and I cap fps at 30.
In Windows, when fps drop I get strange input lag when turning camera and moving interface windows, which is very annoying, runs fine in macOS.
The only thing that bothers me in Mac client is if shaders are medium or high, there is stutter when turning camera, like something is loading, then settles in once camera stops.

Specs:
2012 MacBook Pro 15" Retina
2.3 i7, 16GB RAM, GeForce GT 650M 1GB
macOS 10.13 Beta

(edited by Deimos.6493)

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

Asfalon: I couldn’t login with a Coherent Host Crash on the default, 32-bit version. I switched to the 64-bit version — follow the links on the first page of this thread — and it’s worked flawlessly. The 64-bit version has the word “64-bit” in the application’s name.

In terms of slowness that some people are experiencing, a couple of observations.

1. When I first downloaded the 64-bit, load times were fast. Then I deleted the 32-bit version so that I wouldn’t accidentally run it, and the 64-bit version had to download all the game data again. So the 64-bit will use stuff the 32-bit version downloaded, but…

2. I run Little Snitch so see that at almost every screen load, the 64-bit app reaches out to a different unnamed IP address. Not sure if it loads an image from there or what. If you have connectivity problems, the game might hang waiting for the connection.

3. I am having LONG load times on 64-bit, even though it’s “playable”. I think it’s severely under-estimating what it needs to be playable, and perhaps it’s really not. Letting it run and fully download now.

Posted by: Hellchaos.7138

Hellchaos.7138

What did you do to Lion Arch ? It’s horrible on the 32 bits since the last update, here is my CPU when i load the Lion Arch.

Attachments:

Posted by: alia.8349

alia.8349

Most of the time the game runs fine-ish on medium/low settings, but occasionally and for no reason it will suddenly begin to stutter at 5fps. This isn’t tied to graphical load onscreen and appears random. When it happens, it’s OS-wide – tabbing out and doing other tasks is impossible as the whole system bogs down.

Activity monitor does show a slight uptick in GW2 CPU load during this, but it’s not extreme. The only way to fix this is to restart, but it happens far too often and never resolves automatically. It’s not a throttling issue; temps never rise above 65 – 70, and a SMC reset didn’t resolve.

(edited by alia.8349)

Posted by: Mapisto.2154

Mapisto.2154

I played the PoF demo on my 2016 MacBook Pro (base model) and noticed a solid 30fps frame rate with decent graphics settings when I played the story, but as soon as I moved to areas with more players the framerate dropped significantly to about ~5 fps.
This happens even if the character model limit is at its lowest.
If no other player is in my frame the game runs really smooth
I attach my graphics settings – its pretty decent, looks really good.

Attachments:

Posted by: nickarthur.5061

nickarthur.5061

Been using the Mac 64-Bit Client for a couple months now and all of a sudden TP wont load and im getting crashes from the launcher saying incoherent cost . plz FIX ASAP

Hawken.7932

Definitely feels like there is something a bit wrong with the ambient occlusion (it’s a screenspace effect I guess?). This is without and without. The character has quite a lot of fringing around it, like a large gap, and all of it seems way too dark.

Attachments:

Blackwood.9072

I’m really disliking the 64-bit client for PvP. For the most part it runs well, but when the player count at mid increases the game repeatedly stutters even with low settings.