in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ihatenegi.4285

ihatenegi.4285

Sayonara keyboard yet again.

Attachments:

Posted by: Hellchaos.7138

Hellchaos.7138

Will the reading problem be correct one day ? I never saw something about it from a dev…
It’s sad that when you have like 10 fps with autodetect setting so you put like low setting but you have even less fps…
And why did they remove the 32 bits client ? I still use it because of all the problem on the 64 bits…
And sometimes I can’t see the faces of the persons of my group.

Attachments:

(edited by Hellchaos.7138)

Posted by: EchoPadder.7546

EchoPadder.7546

The line:
GuildWars2[84798:8248545] GetCurrentInputSourceKeyboardProperties detected invalid keyboardLayout inputSource=<TSMInputSource 0x7fe04de0b830> Unknown Input Source: (kind=NULL)
only appears after tabbing out and in again and then pressing one of the not working keys.

Posted by: Moules.8942

Moules.8942

First, thank you so much for the new client!
I am having the issue where the game behaves as if the ctrl key is being held down (If I press ‘1’, the game responds as if I pressed ctrl-‘1’. This is if I use my usb keyboard, gaming mouse, or the macbook’s built in keyboard.
Sometimes I am missing textures in the character select.
Using:
MacBook Pro (Retina 13 inch, early 2015)
Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB ram
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Logitech gaming mouse (forgot the model, logitech’s version of the Naga), Razer Chroma keyboard.

Posted by: lizardtaznshi.6027

lizardtaznshi.6027

The keyboard issue.

Posted by: Ostrinus.8432

Ostrinus.8432

Getting the same keyboard issue. Happens mostly after doing actions like looting, during combat and etc.

Attachments:

Posted by: HIGHGOD.2689

HIGHGOD.2689

I’ve been having this issue ever since I downloaded the 64 bit Mac client with keyboard lock, it happen in factual and pvp. and it really annoying with the keyboard being lock I can’t even communicate to my party what is going on, the only solution is to restart, and at the point I lost a match or get kick out by my party for inactivity. usually when that happen is when I’m putting heavy pressure on the keys on tapping them at a rapid pace, also it could be a sequence of buttons that I’m pushing cause the keyboard to lock please look into it, thanks in advanced.

Posted by: Alecu.4786

Alecu.4786

Very good performance compared to the wrapper client but a couple bugs:
The client stops listening to the keyboard quite often
Some visual bugs:
1. Incorrectly layered aoe circles and green circles (as they appeared in the air, rather than on the arena) on Cairn The Indomitable raid (maybe others as well, I have not tried raiding again on the mac client after this issue)
2. double Mordrem Vines always showing on the Dragon’s Stand islands at the end

Posted by: SuperFreak.2078

SuperFreak.2078

I’ve got a reply for my support ticket today, asking further information about my system.

I think the best we can do to help solve the keyboard problem is to provide the maximum amount of information to ANet’s support team, and this forum thread doesn’t seem to be the best way to do it.

I suggest everyone affected by this issue to open a support ticket, so that things get more formal and, therefore, into their “radar”.

Posted by: Yuri.3706

Yuri.3706

It was a good thing make the 64-bits client for mac without a wrapper. But it still need some fixes for little bugies.

In my case, I constantly suffer from non-critical graphical glitches and graphics artifacts in game. But in general the performance is better than old client.

But a suggestion, instead of trying to fix the strange bugs in OpenGL adaptation, why don’t you try to port it directly to Metal? This way you can also try to speed-up/increase graphics at same time you can fix the bugs and even allow the game runs better in some weaker hardware.
Such suggestion would be nice even for Windows versions of the game, where you can try Vulkan or DX12 to try to increase the game speed, graphics and low end compatibly.

Another suggestion is, instead of simply put the function keys in touchbar, you can put the currently played class specific skills icons, bars and animations on it and even some other functionalities and personalization like others mac applications do.

Attachments:

Posted by: EchoPadder.7546

EchoPadder.7546

I’ve got a reply for my support ticket today, asking further information about my system.

I think the best we can do to help solve the keyboard problem is to provide the maximum amount of information to ANet’s support team, and this forum thread doesn’t seem to be the best way to do it.

I suggest everyone affected by this issue to open a support ticket, so that things get more formal and, therefore, into their “radar”.

They are very aware of all the issues discussed here and are working very hard on it. Just keep providing new information here. No need to spam support tickets.

Posted by: PiXY.6841

PiXY.6841

It is important to switch out of the game once and back to the game to get log output. Otherwise the log stays clean. However, once you do that you’ll get nice errors!

Attachments:

Posted by: Deimos.6493

Deimos.6493

But a suggestion, instead of trying to fix the strange bugs in OpenGL adaptation, why don’t you try to port it directly to Metal? This way you can also try to speed-up/increase graphics at same time you can fix the bugs and even allow the game runs better in some weaker hardware.
Such suggestion would be nice even for Windows versions of the game, where you can try Vulkan or DX12 to try to increase the game speed, graphics and low end compatibly.

Not sure if they already use Metal, but .log file contains these framework files:
Metal.framework
MetalPerformanceShaders.framework
MetalTools.framework

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Another one. You will soon be able to paper the walls with these reports.

Keyboard not being nice.

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Bottom line:

The game is a slide show. PvE and WvW; haven’t bothered to try PvP.
Slower than when the game released.
The sound is amazing tho!

Late 2013 iMac
2.9 Ghz intel core i5
8 GB DDR3
GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB

Really wish performance was getting gradually better, not gradually worse. Willing to buy gems if you make it so.

Dingo.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

(edited by that baby stealing dingo.7216)

Posted by: Xisrin.7485

Xisrin.7485

First, thank you so much for the new client!
I am having the issue where the game behaves as if the ctrl key is being held down (If I press ‘1’, the game responds as if I pressed ctrl-‘1’. This is if I use my usb keyboard, gaming mouse, or the macbook’s built in keyboard.
Sometimes I am missing textures in the character select.
Using:
MacBook Pro (Retina 13 inch, early 2015)
Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB ram
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Logitech gaming mouse (forgot the model, logitech’s version of the Naga), Razer Chroma keyboard.

Just want to say I am experiencing the same issue. I play with a Razer Naga 2014 and a Razer Tartarus Chroma. Very frustrating issue forcing a restart of the game!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

It was a good thing make the 64-bits client for mac without a wrapper. But it still need some fixes for little bugies.

In my case, I constantly suffer from non-critical graphical glitches and graphics artifacts in game. But in general the performance is better than old client.

Yes, I would hope their jira rank is pretty much the following:

#1: showstoppers …. the keyboard bug is the prime one here

#2: performance ….. while my raw fps is lower I have yet to try and tune my graphics settings. The settings the client suggests may not be optimal.

#3: misc graphics glitches ….. some are annoying to be sure but can be lived with while fixed

All in all, a great job anet! From what I can see the keyboard bug is the main thing in the way of the 64 bit client.

Posted by: Roonil Wazlib.6295

Roonil Wazlib.6295

About twice an hour my character randomly autoruns (I have it off) and the only way to stop is by clicking in the chat box. It’s infuriating when trying to do a jp or stay with a zerg.

Posted by: Illumine.5962

Illumine.5962

Tried using my husband’s old Logitech keyboard to see if it was something specific to my Apple keyboard, but nope. Still stopped working ten minutes in. Guys, this is a critical bug. Right now, the keyboard stops responding on about 80% of my storyline instances. Then also freezes during boss fights so by the time I restart and log back in, it’s over and I get no credit or chest. The login times are annoying, but I wouldn’t have to keep logging in if the keyboard worked. Should we be reporting this in-game? I haven’t seen Anet reply here in awhile. Has ANY progress been made?

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Tried using my husband’s old Logitech keyboard to see if it was something specific to my Apple keyboard, but nope. Still stopped working ten minutes in. …

This might be just voodoo magic but may be worth a try. Another poster in another thread suggested playing in Windowed mode rather than Full Screen to avoid the keyboard locking up. I have been trying that out but only for a couple of hours. So far though, no keyboard lockouts.

Posted by: argyler.2503

argyler.2503

Finally managed to capture it – hope it helps!

Menadena.7482

About twice an hour my character randomly autoruns (I have it off) and the only way to stop is by clicking in the chat box. It’s infuriating when trying to do a jp or stay with a zerg.

I have had that happen before on the 32 bit client and even other games. I am not sure what causes it but it is not something new to this client, my guess is lower down a key thinks it is being pressed.

Menadena.7482

Tried using my husband’s old Logitech keyboard to see if it was something specific to my Apple keyboard, but nope. Still stopped working ten minutes in. …

This might be just voodoo magic but may be worth a try. Another poster in another thread suggested playing in Windowed mode rather than Full Screen to avoid the keyboard locking up. I have been trying that out but only for a couple of hours. So far though, no keyboard lockouts.

I play windowed all the time and got the lockup twice. So no, windowed is not a silver bullet to this problem.

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

Guys, I just want to thank you for improving Mac client. It runs better and better.

[Underworld][ZERK]

Posted by: Murmur.9746

Murmur.9746

Another day, another keyboard bug, it’s really stressful. Windowed mode doesn’t solve the issue, it still blocks out.
At the beginning it seemed to be a “lag” issue (the game only froze in lag-gish enviroments like WvW or PvP) but atm it seems to be bugging even when you’re just farming woods.
It’s really a pain, every single ranked I have to be scared of having to relog and let down my team. Boring

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

Oh man, I so much thought that the keyboard bug might be gone… I went a full week without it happening, until today. I’m not sure if I did anything different – the only thing I had differently was turning off ambient occlusion.

Overall though, it’s running a lot better. Kudos to whoever is working on it!

Posted by: PiXY.6841

PiXY.6841

One more log… Does it still make sense to post the logs? The error is always the same…

2017-08-31 16:10:31.898 GuildWars2[3461:557247] GetCurrentInputSourceKeyboardProperties detected invalid keyboardLayout inputSource=<TSMInputSource 0x7faf100853f0> Unknown Input Source: (kind=NULL)

Posted by: Jon Olson

Previous

Jon Olson

Programmer

Next

One more log… Does it still make sense to post the logs? The error is always the same…

Unique logs from each person are best, so if it’s the same repeatedly then you don’t need to worry about posting it.

The reports so far have been quite helpful; so thank you everyone for posting them!

We’re still investigating it (and other issues.)

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: Dizz.5230

Dizz.5230

Here is my keyboard log, hope this issue can be fixed soon.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jmumf.9128

Jmumf.9128

Same bug from me, happens at random points during combat and only affects the number keys.

Posted by: totalspiffage.2045

totalspiffage.2045

Thank you for looking into the issue, I posted a couple logs already but in the meantime I switched over to my bootcamp side. I’m surprised how well it runs over there comparatively, but of course I prefer being able to do things on my mac partition!

Posted by: Alahmnat.7398

Alahmnat.7398

Unfortunately I wasn’t running the logger at the time, but I noticed something when the keyboard bug struck me twice last night:

I’ve remapped a number of skills to letter keys so that they’re accessible with one hand. I also changed the interact key to Shift+F. Unlike the Windows client, the letters on the skill indicators and interact prompts are lower-case. However, as soon as the keyboard bug struck, they all became upper-case. Don’t know if this will help narrow down the search, and I apologize for not having a log to provide right now, but I hadn’t seen this particular effect mentioned in my thread-skimming.

Posted by: Blackwood.9072

Blackwood.9072

Logs are attached for my style of keyboard bug. First log is what I get when there is an error. The second is what I see when there are no errors.

I’ve noticed that only the letters freeze for me. All other keys continued to work. I noticed the error occurred when I attempted to type in the chat window. Shortly thereafter the game freezes and I have to force-quit.

Posted by: Hellchaos.7138

Hellchaos.7138

Is there a way to allow this version to use more power in order to run better ? It doesn’t use lots of power actually (It use even less power than the 32 bits’s version)

I tried the windows’s 64 bits version with bootcamp and it’s sooooooo much better…
With autodetect graphics, on windows I have everything on max with 35 fps in Hot…
but on MacOs with autodetect i have lower settings and 15 fps… (Screen here :
https://imgur.com/a/tG0Py )

Posted by: Domone.5063

Domone.5063

Does this keyboard error occur with the 32 Bit client for mac?

My girlfriend is experiencing the same issue.

and is there any update on this issue whatsoever? She just started and having to stop playing constantly due to random keyboard lock outs is incredibly disruptive. cannot imagine her trying to do this later on in the game…

Posted by: Erland.8329

Erland.8329

A keyboard bug log from me as well.

Posted by: Graack.2103

Graack.2103

Everytime I start the 64 bit Mac client on OS X 10.12.6 on a Macbook Pro Retina Display with 8GB memory I get a Coherent_UI crash.

My system is a 13 Inch, Retina Macbook Pro with in i7 3Ghz processor running an Intel Iris with 1536 MB memory.

Graack

Posted by: Gregory.3710

Gregory.3710

I’m also having the similar keyboard issues as many in this thread. The keyboard input stops functioning, however mouse control continues to be fine. If I Alt-Tab out of GW2 into another program / desktop, the keyboard is working fine there. I also use a Razer gaming keyboard, and that input also stops functioning at the same time.

The only fix is to log out, and restart. Of course, I now have had to fight the final Mordremoth fight 4-5 times as when I log out, I have to restart the whole darn thing. The error seems to happen when a frantic fight is happening, with lots of keyboard clicks, double clicks, etc…

Posted by: TigerWolf.1640

TigerWolf.1640

I am also having the keyboard issue. It’s a weird issue since the Option key (to highlight interactives) still works.

F keys (like F1 and F2) and screenshot key still work.

I have attached my console output.

Posted by: TigerWolf.1640

TigerWolf.1640

I also tried changing my keyboard layout while this error was happening and this crashed the game.

I got this error in the console as well:

2017-09-04 23:00:21.579 GuildWars2[31291:652822] -[NSEvent showDetailsButtonClicked]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0×7fc08df73e20

I was not able to submit a crash report as the game crashed before I could. See screenshot.

Attachments:

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Not sure if anyone has chimed in yet but I’m running the latest developer beta of High Sierra with APFS (new default file system) and model loading/zoning is even slower than it was before for GW2 and it was all ready abysmal. Every other native game and app I’ve tested is hugely improved. I created a simple dummy game to test with in unity and had it load up 12gb worth of geometry/assets/textures etc.. in a single map and everything goes at blazing speeds.

Yet GW2, I can literally spend 3 minutes zoning and after it zones only half the models have still loaded and a few minutes later they show up. I’m not sure how file loading and memory management is being handled in the 64bit native client but something is clearly broke AF.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

Posted by: Ostrinus.8432

Ostrinus.8432

Unique logs from each person are best, so if it’s the same repeatedly then you don’t need to worry about posting it.

The reports so far have been quite helpful; so thank you everyone for posting them!

We’re still investigating it (and other issues.)

Can we at least get the 32 bit client back up in the mean time? I adore this game, had no issues with that version (personally) and this keyboard this is incredibly annoying…

Posted by: evilbrake.1782

evilbrake.1782

I do a lot of PVP. But with 64bit client almost all the time the opposite team is invisible to me. It’s a random bug… sometimes I can see them all… but most of time they disappear and I can see only their names and shadows. Very annoying.

Posted by: Vreely.9527

Vreely.9527

Not much activity on this thread, but it popped when I searched for keyboard freeze. This is a new issue for me, but now it’s happening frequently. Usually within 20-30 minutes of play time. I’m not crashing constantly now, so maybe this is just newly exposed for me.

This on the 64-bit client. I’ll probably go back to the 32-bit client again. Progress is being made it seems, thanks for the work.

Posted by: Vladish.3940

Vladish.3940

As much as I love the new mac client there are some problems that make the game frustrating. Graphics errors in character screen and load times aside, these are the things that make my game unplayable at times:

1) Keyboard suddenly unable to type in chat/inventory search etc. at all. Other game interactive functions work fine, as such keyboard is obviously still functioning, I just can’t type in my in-game client. Alt-tabbing to check the keyboard proved it multiple times that keyboard can type in any other aspect. Also when trying to tab back into game instantly crashes it. The game can be played without ability to type, and won’t crash until alt-tabbed from, but it is frustrating when you are in an event or WvW and all of a sudden you can’t communicate. It can occur passively throughout the game and I don’t know the trigger as I only notice it when I try (and fail) to communicate. Resetting the game fixes it until the problem comes back again (which is always just a matter of time). I have not managed yet to artificially cause this bug to occur so I don’t know the reason for it.

2) Flickering of special effects such as aoe rings or capture point. They will jump around between ground, mid air or sometimes just show up vertically on a wall (don’t have spider-climb ability yet). This isn’t as bad with my own aoes and capture points as I know where they should be (still shouldn’t have to be guessing it), but it is extremely debilitating during events and particularly, during WvW.

(edited by Vladish.3940)

Posted by: avidwriter.5347

avidwriter.5347

i get flickering of the palm trees too

Posted by: BananeMix.1954

BananeMix.1954

Hey there, I don’t know if it is just me, but for the past 2 days now my game has crashed more and more often. Just now even 3 times in a row… Is this because u added some new content from PoF or should I think about reinstalling it or whatever

Posted by: Jon Olson

Previous

Jon Olson

Programmer

Next

Hey folks, be sure to give the latest build we just dropped a try.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: Texon.4590

Texon.4590

Hey folks, be sure to give the latest build we just dropped a try.

hey jon any news about windows 64bit being fixing ? cus windows also have the same crashing issues since long time you crash faster in high settings and pc compelety crash freeze and need hard reset.

Posted by: jimjam.5390

jimjam.5390

Seems more stable. I was able to play in the 2880×1800 resolution on some world bosses without crashing. About 30fps. All other settings to low, but still looks way better than 1440×900. The previous build would crash within minutes at that resolution.