in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

So far so good. I do feel like suddenly the performance while viewing the map has gone down pretty drastically. Suddenly it’s very choppy scrolling around it. Otherwise, no crashes and no keyboard bug yet.

(edited by Hawken.7932)

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Actually, mine is better. I have less choppiness. It feels a little smoother and faster. I didn’t see any ghosting or leaf flickering and I went to leafy places like the Grove and Mount Maelstrom.

No keyboard lockouts but then I don’t get many of them anyway.

Loading times are still slow though.

Posted by: Hellchaos.7138

Hellchaos.7138

I tried Deimos and it’s hard with this version.
When we come back from the underground area Deimos take too much time to appear on the screen and if he use Annihilate at the same time the animation of the attack bug and is half invisible. During all the fight, the animation of Annihilate bug, it’s annoying…

Posted by: scarletraven.2805

scarletraven.2805

I am currently using Mac 64 bit system,. I just found out that, when i click other party member or NPC name plate, the head profile is not shown while leaving a blank area, what ever I am in pvp, WvW, fractal, so could it be a bug or my setting is wrong somehow?

Posted by: alia.8349

alia.8349

I have a strange issue and was wondering if it’s not just me.

Essentially, I get extreme stuttering and FPS drops randomly. It doesn’t appear to be a hardware or throttling issue, since thermal temperatures are fine and there are long periods of playtime where performance is great, but then the game will suddenly decide to run at 6FPS for a while without any change to what I’m doing onscreen.

Curiously, when this happens Activity Monitor shows kernel_task rather than GW2 as eating extreme CPU (pic attached). I don’t have this issue with any other programs. Resetting SMC, NVRAM, etc. did nothing and restarting the OS sometimes fixes it. It also seems to come and go with GW2 client builds – it was fine for a while and now is terrible with the recent update.

Attachments:

Posted by: PiXY.6841

PiXY.6841

It’s so smooth!

I’m still running in 1440×900 but upped all the other settings. It is much smoother and I generally get more FPS with higher settings with that update! Only time will tell if the pesky keyboard bug is gone.

I just tried it in Verdent Brink and I still get texture flickering on the leaves but it improved and got less.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
3,3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

Posted by: Hellchaos.7138

Hellchaos.7138

I think that something is missing…

Attachments:

Posted by: Supercluster.7159

Supercluster.7159

Just rename her to Ileene.

Posted by: Galmac.4680

Galmac.4680

The game runs now quite smooth, not good, but ok for me on my old iMac. But when I pan the minimap or the normal map, the performance goes down to some underground level with 2 to 5 fps.
That keyboard issue seems to be fine, but let’s wait some more days.

(edited by Galmac.4680)

Posted by: Ariastorm.5362

Ariastorm.5362

I am crying writing this. You have made me so happy!!! The game runs beautifully for me now, no lag, no crashes, no choppiness, no multiple load screens. I can turn the settings up and enjoy this stunningly beautiful world in all it’s high-res, texture laden, reflection and light ray glory!

Thank you!

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

The game runs now quite smooth, not good, but ok for me on my old iMac. But when I pan the minimap or the normal map, the performance goes down to some underground level with 2 to 5 fps.
That keyboard issue seems to be fine, but let’s wait some more days.

Yeah, this is precisely the issue I have. It’s insanely slow with the maps. Otherwise still no crashes or keyboard bug, thankfully.

Oddly, texture overlays on the ground (decals?) no longer flicker white, nownthey flicker kinda blue/pink which is odd.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Well, the flickering is still there and so is the ghosting. Turning off the Ambient Occlusion helps but it turns itself back on every time you restart the game.

Posted by: Adoninilol.3180

Adoninilol.3180

Haven’t played the game in a few months but I figured i’d give feedback on any changes since i’ve left:

The game looks great, beautiful, it’s much clearer in textures/animations from the regular 32bit client, however; it’s still simply unplayble on the new 64-bit client.

I believe that I do have a computer that is capable of playing the game, looking at how others are running 13" retinas with dual core I5’s and without a dedicated graphics card. (I know the game isn’t super dependent on GPU’s but still)

I’m currently running the game on a 2012 retina macbook pro with:
2.3GHZ I7 3615QM
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Nvidia 650M 1GB

Here are the exact specs if you’re curious:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.3-15-mid-2012-retina-display-specs.html

No matter how much I turn down the graphics, or turn lower model limits I still seem to experience freezes and crashes on the regular.

I do love how I can see my itunes music banners and other message banners while in game and am able to use my trackpad action control to swap between other full screen applications.

It’s great to be able to have a wikipedia page open or Dulfy and have quick access instead of having to command tab and wait for the game to render etc.

I haven’t experienced any problems with the keyboard layout as others have reported however I haven’t been able to play the game long enough other than staring at the floor to be able to actually test things such as that~

(edited by Adoninilol.3180)

Posted by: Galmac.4680

Galmac.4680

The longer you play the more textures will fail to load. Seems there is a memory leak that the client can’t load all textures with increasing time. And the performance will decrease after 2 or 3 hours of play.

Posted by: Jacques.8170

Jacques.8170

2.3GHZ I7 3615QM
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Nvidia 650M 1GB

In part what is causing slowness for you is the slower 2.3Ghz processor as the game is so CPU dependant.

I have a dual 2.93 Ghz six core Mac Pro with 48 GB ram and a 2GB GTX 680 and it’s still chugging and slow, I get max 15fps, less in wooded areas and cities. I don’t even attempt to do events due to all the spell animations and number of NPC’s.

Posted by: Deimos.6493

Deimos.6493

2.3GHZ I7 3615QM
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Nvidia 650M 1GB

In part what is causing slowness for you is the slower 2.3Ghz processor as the game is so CPU dependant.

I have a dual 2.93 Ghz six core Mac Pro with 48 GB ram and a 2GB GTX 680 and it’s still chugging and slow, I get max 15fps, less in wooded areas and cities. I don’t even attempt to do events due to all the spell animations and number of NPC’s.

I have the same Macbook Pro as above person, but with 16GB of ram and I run it just fine, he probably runs it at native 2880px resolution.

Here are my settings:
http://i.imgur.com/ioNZOye.png (forum file upload doesn’t work for me for some reason)

(edited by Deimos.6493)

Posted by: Michael.8562

Michael.8562

The longer you play the more textures will fail to load. Seems there is a memory leak that the client can’t load all textures with increasing time. And the performance will decrease after 2 or 3 hours of play.

What I’ve seen with the textures makes it appear to be tied to when the game is loaded. Sometimes, when I log in and get the character select screen all the character texture files are fine. Other times when I log in 60-70% of my characters have some texture glitch. The glitches follow the character into the game (but not always) and then seem to be dependent on the direction the character is facing (weird). The glitch will be there but then if I turn the character (not just the camera) the glitch will disappear and the normal texture will be present.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Well, the flickering is still there and so is the ghosting. Turning off the Ambient Occlusion helps but it turns itself back on every time you restart the game.

Thanks! I will have to take a look at that as I was wondering why I was still getting ghosting after turning it off.

I usually notice it when hanging around outside the home instance in Divinty’s Reach. One of the areas I wish I had some better graphics controls at because it is both dark in some areas and bright in others.

Posted by: Ridd.7081

Ridd.7081

Hey folks, be sure to give the latest build we just dropped a try.

Since this build haven’t came across the keyboard bug. I’m really happy with this.

One thing that still happens to me are crashes. I keep getting this one:

*--> Crash <--*
Assertion: skillbarSlot < CHAR_SKILLBAR_SLOTS
File: \Users\buildsrv\Gw2\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Gw2\Game\Char\Cli\ChCliSkillbar.cpp(1226)
App: Gw64
Pid: 34889
Cmdline: 
BaseAddr: 0x0000000000010000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 81825
When: 2017-09-11T19:24:10Z
Uptime: 00:16:58
Flags: 0x0

Posted by: Aragorn.8157

Aragorn.8157

Hi everyone,

First thanks to the Anet team for this 64 native client, just came back from a long summer vacation away and discovered that the client was available. I have been waiting for this for 4 years!!!

I only played a couple of hours since but here is a first feedback:

Run smoother than the 32bit version, it is also much more stable. I was able to fight against several World bosses with huge crowd without crashing. With the 32bit version i was usually unable to finish Tequatl for example(usually 3 to 4 crashes!!!).
I didn’t had the keyboard bug reported by other players so I don’t know if it has been fixed or if I just don’t get it (or haven’t played enough).
Also I was able to push settings to high for everything, I have about 30fps usually but sometimes for no reason it fall to 10fps for few seconds…but it is still far more playable than the 32 version (I’m aware that I’m playing on the Intel iris pro and not Nvidia card so it is probably making a big difference).
Loading time of the game is ok(it seems even slightly faster than with the 32b)

Things to improve:
When I edit the world map in full screen, zooming, de-zooming and moving the map (like you do on google map:-)) is very “jerky”. That was smoother on the 32b version it seems.
Also I noticed a strange light “halo” around my character when in game sometimes but that is not critical to play.

Also for info I run the game on
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Keep up the good work and thanks again

Posted by: ihatenegi.4285

ihatenegi.4285

So far I haven’t experienced a full keyboard loss in build 81825 but I’ve lost at least my space bar quite often, maybe around once every 15 mins. Once that happens, I click on a window in another monitor (I run multiple monitors) and focus back to gw2 (fullscreen mode) and it recovers. Nevertheless, its still annoying especially when you’re in a fight and desperately need to make jumps. Overall still awesome progress! Keeping fingers crossed.

Posted by: tissurath.2981

tissurath.2981

All same as you dear Aragorn…

But I think the keyboard’s bug is fixed..

Hi everyone,

First thanks to the Anet team for this 64 native client, just came back from a long summer vacation away and discovered that the client was available. I have been waiting for this for 4 years!!!

I only played a couple of hours since but here is a first feedback:

Run smoother than the 32bit version, it is also much more stable. I was able to fight against several World bosses with huge crowd without crashing. With the 32bit version i was usually unable to finish Tequatl for example(usually 3 to 4 crashes!!!).
I didn’t had the keyboard bug reported by other players so I don’t know if it has been fixed or if I just don’t get it (or haven’t played enough).
Also I was able to push settings to high for everything, I have about 30fps usually but sometimes for no reason it fall to 10fps for few seconds…but it is still far more playable than the 32 version (I’m aware that I’m playing on the Intel iris pro and not Nvidia card so it is probably making a big difference).
Loading time of the game is ok(it seems even slightly faster than with the 32b)

Things to improve:
When I edit the world map in full screen, zooming, de-zooming and moving the map (like you do on google map:-)) is very “jerky”. That was smoother on the 32b version it seems.
Also I noticed a strange light “halo” around my character when in game sometimes but that is not critical to play.

Also for info I run the game on
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Keep up the good work and thanks again

Posted by: Jon Olson

Previous

Jon Olson

Programmer

Please continue discussion on the new forums.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac