Forgot password + character name

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

So my friend that got Gw2 some time ago had trouble playing so he ofc got a new pc, however he forgot his password and character name and now he can’t reset his password as he forgot his character name.

He is on my friend list and i can’t see his character name either only his account name (Keith.6035)

And as he forgot his password he can’t join the forums and ask anything himself, So my question is, can you send him an email about his character name or maybe make it so i can see his character name on my friends list?.

Thank you.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

He can send in a ticket to request assistance. They will ask for information other then character name that he can try to supply to get his password reset.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Your friend can contact CS using this webpage: https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

He need not fill in every question (as stated some can be left blank), but tell him to be sure to choose a category for both dropdowns.

Good luck.

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

Thank you, i’ll forward this to him!

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Another possible way of remembering character names is to check screenshots you may have taken. It’s worth a try. =)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

So my friend that got Gw2 some time ago had trouble playing so he ofc got a new pc, however he forgot his password and character name and now he can’t reset his password as he forgot his character name.

He is on my friend list and i can’t see his character name either only his account name (Keith.6035)

And as he forgot his password he can’t join the forums and ask anything himself, So my question is, can you send him an email about his character name or maybe make it so i can see his character name on my friends list?.

Thank you.

I see your friend submitted a ticket, which is the perfect solution for this situation. The team will do their best to help, and normally this isn’t a complicated situation. I should mention it might take a day or two, but we’re shifting some of our people to help out with tickets in this area, and I don’t think it’ll be longer than that.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: NavinLeFay.3418

NavinLeFay.3418

worst way to recover an account for returning players n i made several tickets for this issue almost 24hrs no response thanks alot

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You would be best served to close all duplicate tickets, and only update the original. Submitting duplicate tickets only slows down the process.

The CS Team allows themselves 72 hours to respond; if, after 72 hours, you have heard nothing after the near-immediate automated response, you can post your (original) ticket number in the Sticky above, ‘Tickets for Review’.

Good luck.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

worst way to recover an account for returning players n i made several tickets for this issue almost 24hrs no response thanks alot

Information relating to your post.

GM Talon Lead Game Master
(Snipped because post is over the 5000 character limit)

Q: I haven’t heard back from the Support Team in 24 hours (or longer)! Did the Support Team receive my ticket? Should I submit another one?

A: Tickets are addressed in the order in which they are received, meaning if the Support Team is currently backed up due to large ticket volumes, waiting times may be longer than our target 24 hour response time. If you received an auto-reply from us after submitting your ticket, then the support team has received your ticket and you are in queue for assistance. No further action is required from you until you hear back from an agent. If you did not receive an auto-reply, please be sure to check your spam/junk/promotional/etc. folders, as the auto-reply may have ended up in there. You can read more about this subject here.

Creating duplicate tickets about or related to the same issue that you have already contacted us about does not lead to faster reply times. This actually creates more tickets for agents to address, which ultimately causes a longer wait time for everyone. Please refrain from creating multiple tickets about the same issue and instead update the same ticket that you have already created. If the last time you corresponded with us is longer than a month however, you should create a new ticket using the link I provided at the beginning of this post.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Kryllex.6094

Kryllex.6094

He can send in a ticket to request assistance. They will ask for information other then character name that he can try to supply to get his password reset.

You need to LOG IN to send a ticket… which requires a PASSWORD…

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

^ You do not have to log in to submit a support ticket. There is a link on the support page to submit a ticket anonymously which does not require logging in.

The Burninator

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

You need to LOG IN to send a ticket… which requires a PASSWORD…

Why are you commenting on a 3 year old topic?

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]