Free World Transfer Concerns [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Qpac.4873

Qpac.4873

With the understanding and agreement that High pop servers should be reduced to aid population of lower pop servers as a guild FoE made the decision to move to Eredon Terrace. Late last night 19 of us made the move. Sadly this was done and the server immediately jumped to high pop. This prevents us from getting the rest of our guild over. This puts us between a rock and a hard place. I am reaching out to you to see if there is anything you can do, or suggest that we do. We have been trying every hour on the hour since 11 pm CST last night. The server has not dropped back down to Medium since. Furthermore the other servers are showing high as well, leaving us split with no destination to go too. We made this move based on the understanding that the time limit to transfer was until April 1st. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to move to a server with shorter queue times, less lag, more competitive, and overall have a better gaming experience.
The current state of tier 1 makes the game unplayable, and our current player base is not having fun. As this is a driver of our guild (to have fun playing a game with a group of like minded individuals) we made the move with the hopes of new found life for the game. Otherwise we as a guild would have stopped playing the game.
I have also received the following response but sadly this is not an option. Please advise of an alternative solution.
“Hello Quinton,
Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry to hear about the issue you and your guild are experiencing, I can certainly understand your frustration. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that Eradon Terrace will go back down to medium population in the near future and I am afraid the Support Team will be unable to manually move the rest of the guild over to Eradon Terrace. Please keep in mind that if they absolutely want to forgo the fee required to transfer, they can delete all characters from their account and then initiate a transfer. If you have any other questions or concerns about this or any other issues, please let us know.
Best Regards,
GM Mourdyth
Guild Wars Support Team"

Do not post that you /agree in this thread. This is not meant to be a petition. This is just to show Anet that we need to find some alternate resolution.

(edited by Moderator)

Qpac.4873

With the understanding and agreement that High pop servers should be reduced to aid population of lower pop servers as a guild FoE made the decision to move to Eredon Terrace. Late last night 19 of us made the move. Sadly this was done and the server immediately jumped to high pop. This prevents us from getting the rest of our guild over. This puts us between a rock and a hard place. I am reaching out to you to see if there is anything you can do, or suggest that we do. We have been trying every hour on the hour since 11 pm CST last night. The server has not dropped back down to Medium since. Furthermore the other servers are showing high as well, leaving us split with no destination to go too. We made this move based on the understanding that the time limit to transfer was until April 1st. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to move to a server with shorter queue times, less lag, more competitive, and overall have a better gaming experience.

The current state of tier 1 makes the game unplayable, and our current player base is not having fun. As this is a driver of our guild (to have fun playing a game with a group of like minded individuals) we made the move with the hopes of new found life for the game. Otherwise we as a guild would have stopped playing the game.

I have also received the following response but sadly this is not an option. Please advise of an alternative solution.

“Hello Quinton,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry to hear about the issue you and your guild are experiencing, I can certainly understand your frustration. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that Eradon Terrace will go back down to medium population in the near future and I am afraid the Support Team will be unable to manually move the rest of the guild over to Eradon Terrace. Please keep in mind that if they absolutely want to forgo the fee required to transfer, they can delete all characters from their account and then initiate a transfer. If you have any other questions or concerns about this or any other issues, please let us know.

Best Regards,
GM Mourdyth
Guild Wars Support Team"

(edited by Qpac.4873)

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

/agreed – Please help with this Anet

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

Posted by: Krimfamous.3786

Krimfamous.3786

Posted by: Mindvibe.4630

Mindvibe.4630

Posted by: Diabolus.2705

Diabolus.2705

/agreed – Please help with this Anet!!!!

Posted by: ConflictZero.3259

ConflictZero.3259

Posted by: Hantu.2815

Hantu.2815

/agree. Please help us

The game feels very lonely without my guild here, and the lower population tier 8 server sure needs us all here

Posted by: Star.2037

Star.2037

Stàr ^..^
Fist of the Empire

Posted by: Hantu.2815

Hantu.2815

/agree. We need your help

The game now feels very lonely without my guild here

Posted by: Beldar.6234

Beldar.6234

/agree.

Help us Anet, you’re our only hope.

Qpac.4873

Edited original, added the following information:

“Hello Quinton,
Best Regards,
GM Mourdyth
Guild Wars Support Team"

Posted by: MrInfallible.9627

MrInfallible.9627

/agree please help us Anet

Posted by: Lloyd.2536

Lloyd.2536

The reply from Anet looks like it could really help. Sweet advise.

Posted by: Lahon.9486

Lahon.9486

I have 8 max level characters, spent hundreds of dollars on gems. Maxed out bag & vault slots.. ect… I paid to transfer once already…. Suggesting i should delete my characters to use the free transfer you offered us… not cool Mourdyth/ANET

/agree please provide us the free transfers you offered…

(edited by Lahon.9486)

Posted by: Sinnje.7459

Sinnje.7459

/agreed Please help with this Anet. Your solution of deletion of all characters is unacceptable.

Posted by: iSConman.1085

iSConman.1085

Posted by: Mercail.3692

Mercail.3692

/agreed – deleting my characters isn’t a viable option to play with my guild mates. We need a better solution please.

Posted by: Bigrex.1934

Bigrex.1934

/agree. Lil help would be greatly appreciated

Posted by: kiwipearls.5237

kiwipearls.5237

Hi Arenanet.

I am a little bit disappointed in you guys saying we can transfer for Free to lower population worlds – give us a list of worlds we can transfer to, a date we have until the free transfer expires (1st April)- and then we can’t transfer unless it says “Medium” on the world select screen.

This seems a little bit unfair for big guilds that are transferring over 100’s of members to help balance out the population.

If you state server transfers are free to these worlds until a certain date. They should be free regardless if the population level rises in the world select screen.

Posted by: Lazarou.3745

Lazarou.3745

We ran into this same problem… some people in our guild got over the rest will have to pay…. were pretty sure this was part of anets plan to get some gems out of us… its extremely irritating that they would pull this kinda thing since they changed how the servers register their population without telling anyone! So yea gg.

Posted by: Meneth.9642

Meneth.9642

Try NOT, DO or do not, there is no try.
Get it done!

Posted by: Saico.4378

Saico.4378

/agreed PLEASE HELP Anet!

Lazarou.3745

Absolutely ridiculous that you want us to delete our characters to transfer for free after we were told the transfer would be available till the 1st… man up anet and fix this for us.

Posted by: Cariocecus.5194

Cariocecus.5194

Posted by: tjkeyes.5294

tjkeyes.5294

/I agree Please make changes ANET

Posted by: Syria.7439

Syria.7439

Posted by: Nobiggie.4396

Nobiggie.4396

Posted by: Moa.5946

Moa.5946

“/agreed – Please help with this Anet”

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

While the first post is not intended that way, this thread as clearly turn into a petition.

As petition threads are against the Code of Conduct, this thread is now locked.

Thank you for your understanding.

Posted by: Lynx Raven Raide.2764

Lynx Raven Raide.2764

Sorry to play devils advocate here, but it does state on the page on the site medium population servers.

That being said, I do agree it has been a bit kitten poor. If they had included High population, it may have been better since the lowest 3 have been sitting on that for a while. I am part of a guild who is trying to get across for WvW reasons (we are sick of the Zerg v Zerg in the higher tiers) and it is a bit disappointing this situation makes it disappointing

Mad Aussie Bastard

Posted by: tjkeyes.5294

tjkeyes.5294

ANET please help out. Your customer service is normally so helpful.

Lazarou.3745

Half my guild is on another server cause we actually believed your free transfers till april 1st pitch… can you please do something to help us.

Posted by: Syria.7439

Syria.7439

I shouldn’t have had to pay to transfer when part of my guild got the ‘free transfer’. It was a medium population server when we began the transfer.

Posted by: prism.4982

prism.4982

Same prob here. With gem prices as they are it’d cost a small fortune to transfer the rest as we have people with limited time AND money who are being cut-off due to this.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Looking into this.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Mercail.3692

Mercail.3692

I’m wondering why server populations are not fluctuating anymore during mass log outs or at off-peak hours. In the past, mass log outs of guilds were effective in dropping server population from High to Medium but this doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. ET was a ghost town at 3am est. last night and we still weren’t able to transfer anyone over because it remained at High population.

Was there a stealth change to the way server populations were calculated? If so, why was this done at the same time as the free transfers to medium servers? It is my hope that this was not done intentionally to con half of a guild into paying for their transfer while the other half made it for a free transfer. Wasn’t the intention of this transfer to even out server populations?

Posted by: Moa.5946

Moa.5946

yeah i would have to agree with Ohai, and the rest of my guildies on this one. Anet you caused this, what are you going to do to fix it? You going to leave Those guilds Divided? Its a easy fix for crying out loud. locate guilds, finish their transfers for them. and this entire issue is over.

Please just fix it! it’s the right thing to do!

Posted by: Cariocecus.5194

Cariocecus.5194

Thank you for looking into it, its pretty bad to have a guild divided and it would cost a fortune to be able to get everyone together.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’m wondering why server populations are not fluctuating anymore during mass log outs or at off-peak hours. In the past, mass log outs of guilds were effective in dropping server population from High to Medium but this doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. ET was a ghost town at 3am est. last night and we still weren’t able to transfer anyone over because it remained at High population.

Was there a stealth change to the way server populations were calculated? If so, why was this done at the same time as the free transfers to medium servers? It is my hope that this was not done intentionally to con half of a guild into paying for their transfer while the other half made it for a free transfer. Wasn’t the intention of this transfer to even out server populations?

Wow, want to borrow my tinfoil hat?

So, there was no conspiracy involved here.
There was no plot for initiating a devious way to dig into your pockets. (And remember, the gems that pay for a transfer can be earned in the game!)
These few instances of incomplete guild transfers can be attributed to a popular offer attracting a lot of interest.

If your local club offers free entry to the first 100 guests, do you accuse them of a conspiracy when you show up at 150 and don’t get free entry? Free transfers applied to medium-population worlds, and thus those worlds were going to change in population over time.

Thank you for looking into it, its pretty bad to have a guild divided and it would cost a fortune to be able to get everyone together.

The free world transfers simply proved to be very popular. The special offer encouraged folks to make changes and in some cases, not all of a guild’s members were able to make the free transfer. With limited capacity for each world this wasn’t an offer that people could take advantage of casually or over a protracted period of time. That seemed clear to me viewing the offer as a player.

We’re genuinely sorry that some of you were not able to transfer your guild fully. We are not able to offer a solution but do be assured that the dev team is aware of your thoughts on the matter.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)