Full reset account

Full reset account

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: uiansol.9283

uiansol.9283

I tested the game with some chars and really enjoy it. Than I buy the expansion and I want to restart the game to have a better experience.

Can the support please make a full reset? Achivements, Luck collected… everything.
I can manualy remove bank and gold, but I need a full reset.

Full reset account

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The only way to ‘reset’ the game is to create a new account. The CS Team can’t ‘reset’ part or all of an account, other than Account Restoration, and they don’t do it on a whim, only in cases of account compromise by a third party.

When you bought the expansion and received a new Serial Key, you could have created a new account. You can contact the CS Team and ask them to remove your new Serial Key via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Ticket’.

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Full reset account

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

It’s worth noting that there isn’t really anything much that changes in the “level to 80” parts of the game when you own HoT — the story is the same, achievements identical, etc.

So … I don’t think you really will have missed out on anything here. I’m not gonna argue you shouldn’t want that, just that it’s probably not really much different to simply creating a new character or whatever…

Full reset account

Posted by: uiansol.9283

uiansol.9283

It’s really crazy that a big game like GW2 don’t have a way to reset accounts. It’s a commom issues, so commom that in some other games you can just create a new char clean, to have all the leveling experience new.

Luck to find rare itens and currencies really ruin the experience.

Full reset account

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Actually, most MMOs don’t have a reset account feature.

You can just delete a character and create a new one… if you wanted to just start over. That isn’t an account reset.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Full reset account

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As noted above, ask the CS Team to remove the Serial Key for Heart of Thorns from your old account, and use it to create a brand new account.

Voila! Starting from scratch!

Good luck.

Full reset account

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

It’s really crazy that a big game like GW2 don’t have a way to reset accounts. It’s a commom issues, so commom that in some other games you can just create a new char clean, to have all the leveling experience new.

Just so your aware, unless you have been playing on the account for years and have acquired millions of luck, it’s not really going to make any noticeable difference at all.

Full reset account

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Just so your aware, unless you have been playing on the account for years and have acquired millions of luck, it’s not really going to make any noticeable difference at all.

Even if you have, it’s still not gonna make a noticeable difference.

Full reset account

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Even if you have, it’s still not gonna make a noticeable difference.

OUCH, so true! ;-)