in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Anapxist.5314

Anapxist.5314

(edited by Anapxist.5314)

GTX 1080, more graphic problems, now in Arah

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

Same thing is happening to me with my 1080.

Posted by: Dravos.7218

Dravos.7218

I’ve just upgraded from a 460 to a 1080 and I’m seeing this also. Very annoying as I’m just going through the Gloominator requirements for dusk so I really need light sources to show properly and I only get them working for a 20 degree view that’s not even forwards.

No in game settings fix this at all, been through all of them.

On 381.65 drivers

(edited by Dravos.7218)

Anapxist.5314

Well i think i found out, it was shadow flickering fix. Jon Olson talking about it here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Strange-Graphics/first#post6543250
Befor this fix 10xx card owners suffer from shadow flickering bug, so we must set shadow setting on low to play with it. I just check it and yes this bug fas fixed so far, but now we have light blinking. Example of shadow bug, screen look near minimap. And was much more thing in some places in game. Now look like those bugs fixed but new one appear.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Hey everyone, we are looking into this but I need something from all of you. While you’re in game when this is happening can you enter a /bug and tell us that it is the 1080 card shadow issue? That gives us more information that will help us track things down. I will search for ‘1080 card shadow’ in those reports and pull out the info for the Graphics team.

thanks!

Anapxist.5314

Yes it was one of shadow bug on 10xx card serial. You can see it at screenshot. Some days ago, after 18 april patch i belive all shadow bugs was fixed. I cant reproduse it anymore at least. Maybe its still here in some place. And light source blinking bug appear. Nearly all dinamic light source like lamps, WP glow, Sun light on and off at different camera adge.

Anapxist.5314

Posted by: Dravos.7218

Dravos.7218

I’ve reported the issue in game using /bug. Wasn’t really sure there was a suitable area and sub area to report under, so I’ve put it in UI and Art/Visual with the title 1080 card shadow issue.

Here’s a video at the start of sharkmaw and after entering, moving the camera round and changing some settings around to show that it doesn’t really seem to improve no matter what my settings are on unless I’ve missed one.
https://youtu.be/o0VTVo6hEq4

Yea that link shows it quite well, Vegeta’s video is exactly what I’m getting.

(edited by Dravos.7218)