GW 2 Client Not Responding

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: sixburn.5807

sixburn.5807

This is the first time that this happens since my first beta. Anything wrong with the server? I restarted my PC, have to end task 5 times already. still not responding,

Attachments:

sixburn.5807

Problem Solved!
- it turns out It was waiting for authentication. I almost forgot about tweaking the security options, Good thing I remembered. So I google it and find the link(https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=https%3A%2F%2Faccount.guildwars2.com%2Faccount%2Fsecurity%2Ftotp )
- So I scan the qr code and got my GW2 set up on my android Phone and got my secret code
- then I log in again and got in
-just in case someone else encountered this problem or forgot about setting the account security with Google Authenticator, I hope my case helps
- Cool feature by the way, it syncs to Gmail and similar to my I-Banking
- I just have to remember to carry my mobile with me at all cost o.O

(edited by sixburn.5807)

sixburn.5807

AH crap, now my problem is back! I cannot login!! the launcher stop responding restarted disable anti viruses. still I cant log in.

Posted by: Bahrelius.7240

Bahrelius.7240

What’s your antivirus. I had mine disabled, Immunet (built on the ClamWare open source AV—which is really good). It had worked fine before with Immunet until the latest update to the AV software. Even though I disabled it, it was still preventing the connection. I uninstalled Immunet and it worked like a charm. I now have Microsoft SE running as the base AV.

sixburn.5807

I discovered a temporary solution, I read this somewhere here It took 2 steps:

I deleted the local.dat from >My Documents>Guild Wars 2 (Im not sure this solved my problem though)

then I rename my Gw2.exe to something else and it works (This 2nd step I think did it)

I said it is Temporary , because my Xfire and Raptr cannot track my playing time and I cannot use their in-game functions.

THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING! I got he Guild Wars 2 Collector’s Edition and I been a long time player of GW1 and I got GOTY of GW1 as well, I have all their expansions and the beyond gw1 pack and pre-release bonus packs of EOTN, you name it! but this is not right!

Without this temporary solution I have to end task the GW2 client and log the authenticator then hope it works! then start again, I have to do that 10-20 times! It is taking an average of 20 minutes per log in! This is not Diablo 3 is it? Come on man.

I only have MS Security Essentials and Advance System Care Free. So I am sure that antivirus is not the problem.