GW2 Locks up computer on launch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: rickralsten.2316

rickralsten.2316

I just got a brand new gaming rig last week, installed Guild Wars 2 and it ran fine for a few days. Starting yesterday, when I clicked on PLAY from the launcher, the GW icon appeared in the system tray, I could hear the music, but the screen stayed on my desktop. I couldn’t click on any icons, my only option was to restart the computer. It did this twice in a row and then started working on the third time, so I assumed it was something weird that worked itself out.

Just went to play today and the same thing happened. Any ideas?

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

check and try this and see if it helps you

Control Panel. Click the “Hardware and Sound” category and then select “Power Options.” From here, you can select your preferred power plan

put the power plan into high performance mode !! then from their open the game and see what happens . hope this helps you good luck

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Ashai Rey.8754

Ashai Rey.8754

Same here.
Games starts, icon on lower bar, I hear the music but the screen stays at my desktop. The mouse pointe changes to a hand, not the usual ingame arrow. If I kill the GW client and restarts it then the games starts oke.

The way how I get out of this it ctrl+alt+del and select task manager. there I use the tab button to select the GW client en tab further to End Task. Activate that button by pressing the space bar and you have your system back

Posted by: rickralsten.2316

rickralsten.2316

It only does it randomly and it’s a brand new system. Trying to isolate exactly what is causing it.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Windows 10? GW2 may default to a screen size your system doesn’t support, which will have varying results. Force windowed mode using -windowed (Gw2.exe -windowed).

As a simple test, rename Gw2-64.exe to Gw2.exe.

(edited by Healix.5819)