GW2 screen flickering when starting the game?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Is anybody else experiencing screen flickering when starting GW2 since the recent updates? I have tried changing my display and also re-installed the game with the new graphic card drivers and the screen still flickers when starting up the game or changing maps? I am not 100% sure but this might have damaged one of my displays and have caused constant black flickering on one of them.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may find some threads addressing your issue over in the Tech/Account Support sub-forum.

Good luck.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

A piece of software cannot damage hardware….

Please describe the “flickering” better (when it starts, ends and exactly what you mean by flickering….the whole screen goes on and off, etc.).

Does this flickering persist after the instance loads? (and if not, how is this an actual issue?).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

A piece of software cannot damage hardware….

Please describe the “flickering” better (when it starts, ends and exactly what you mean by flickering….the whole screen goes on and off, etc.).

Does this flickering persist after the instance loads? (and if not, how is this an actual issue?).

It is better explained here a and with some help from the redditors I was able to get rid of the problem by starting in windows mode:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/33pedo/screen_flickering_when_starting_gw2_since_the/

Betrayed by the gods of ANet