Game currently does not support Radeon 6850 Video Card

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

Just wanted to bring it to your attention in hopes that this could be forwarded to your developer department, as this video card has yet to be optimized into the game/ So far I’ve done Q and A with support, and they pretty much show the same thing. Would just like to pass this information on, I am not looking to get the ticket addressed any faster, I can wait on that, I mean either way it will take time to fix the client to support the video card.

Ticket with all listed tech information and evidence to support my findings:
120825-036606

Thank you.
(Not sure if lack of card support belong in bugs or tech sorry, please feel free to move if I made a mistake)

Posted by: Lorde.4501

Lorde.4501

But I have a 6850 and am getting ~50fps constantly with everything on max. It may be your drivers or card itself.

Posted by: Creaky.8596

Creaky.8596

Please try to explain the issues you are having and I will do my best to help. Your card works fine with this game as there are many people playing Guild Wars 2 just fine on 6850’s

Please be sure to install the newest drivers (12.8) and set all CCC options to default.

If your graphics card is currently being overclocked with a utility such as EVGA precision, Saphire Trixx, or MSI afterburner, please set the settings to default and try again.

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

I have the same card and get between 30 – 50 fps depending on the population around me. I did a max then turned down a couple of things like shadows to medium. Keep in mind the gpu by it self is not the whole thing regarding preformance. I run an older phenom II black edition cpu and 8 gigs of ram so not its an ok rig but could be better. At any rate the only issues I have seen are a few spots where geography background blanks out and I will get a partial or whole screen of one layer [like sky] and not the rest. They are very few and small spots and seem to depend on camera angle so I was thinking it was it might be an optimizing issue on their part, but just guessing.

For the most part game runs beautifully and is gorgeous. I did send a tweet to one of the Catalyst devs requesting they look into support for GW2.

Echo.7259

Thanks for the responses you guys, if only I could get some from support like that. But we have gone through all the standard things, drivers and such, so far there seems to be no identifiable cause for the lag.
Also, while some of you are running fine, there are numerous others having lag issues with the 6850 video card, you can find several on youtube right off the hop. It is definitely something hardware related, but it may not be directly tied to the video card.
In the ticket, even support has said after I gave them every piece of information they asked for, that they can’t see what is causing the lag.

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

I am having some unnecessary lag as well on my HD 6770, pretty sure my hardware is up to snuff to run this game so I don’t understand why its doing such things. Particularly I seem to be lagging in areas near water and during boss fights, also when I’m not lagging and just generally exploring I notice a slight pulsing effect with my framerate which seems to be going up and down many times a second.

Some of my friends with lesser video cards then mine are running this game just fine so I hope this gets fixed soon, it seems like a software or driver issue, hope you guys can collaborate with AMD to fix the problem.

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Posted by: Icelogix.3745

Icelogix.3745

Game works fine with that card, eyefinity works but some angles are screwed up but thats due to the non-eyefinity game support…

Posted by: Yshaar.4921

Yshaar.4921

If you have pulsating fps, please set your fps on max 30 and see if it goes away. Then it is a heating issue, you can fix.

If it is still pulsing, please check your energy settings.

@ all:
you can try the unofficial 12.9 drivers found here:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=367954
please use the second link otherwise CCC will be broken. Handle with care, please.

I use them and they give me 5 fps more that 12.8

German rp/pvx guild on Drakkar’s Lake
Join us : seelenverbunden.com

Echo.7259

Thank you for your response, unfortunately that has not had any impact for me, I’ve tried updating all my drivers, and my FPS isn’t fluxuating, it usually remains low under 20 and above 12.

Posted by: Yshaar.4921

Yshaar.4921

We need your complete system info. Maybe we can help you.
Do a complete driver cleanup with driver fusion (in safe mode!)before installing new drivers.

German rp/pvx guild on Drakkar’s Lake
Join us : seelenverbunden.com

Posted by: NuDimon.3027

NuDimon.3027

Try uninstalling drivers, run Driver Fusion to clean up (Remember to deselect unwanted adware when installing Driver Fusion). Then reinstall drivers. Also I’d advice you to open up your computer case and see if it’s filled with dust. That can in some extreme cases make reasonably demanding games unplayable.