Gem Purchase/Redemption Issues [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Belac.2341

Belac.2341

Here’s a new one for you (I did submit a ticket, but thought i’d raise it here also)…

When I click on “Buy Gems” the page that appears is completely blank, hence making gem purchasing impossible. FWIW I’m running the mac client.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Zaraseth.4162

Zaraseth.4162

I have been trying to buy gems for the last couple of days and nothing I have tried has helped, even though the gem store and the TP itself with load the ‘buy gems’ menu fails to populate.

I have cleared out my application support folder as well as trying to restart both my computer and the client multiple times.

I am running the latest update of OS X Mavericks and have not experienced this issue before now.

Please let me give you my money!

Attachments:

Posted by: skyhi.2467

skyhi.2467

I’ve been having the exact same problem. Ever since the billing platform change. Can’t buy any gems.

I have also cleared the application support folder and also restarted the computer and client multiple times.

Also have the latest version of Mavericks. Though I have experienced this before. It just went away on it’s own the last time.

sigh…

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Here’s a new one for you (I did submit a ticket, but thought i’d raise it here also)…

When I click on “Buy Gems” the page that appears is completely blank, hence making gem purchasing impossible. FWIW I’m running the mac client.

Same! Mac client as well :\

Posted by: fizzle.6784

fizzle.6784

Same on Mac client.

Posted by: ekaw.7431

ekaw.7431

Ditto.

Everything else in the BLTC works fine… usually. When it doesn’t I can quit the game and relaunch and then the BLTC works, but not the BUY GEMS.

You’d think ANet would want our money and fix this. Their loss.

Posted by: ciavyn.7964

ciavyn.7964

Same issue here. I’m wondering when it will be fixed?

Posted by: Enektric.4527

Enektric.4527

I am having the same issue atm.

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Me too but I figure it is divine providence warning me to save my money

Posted by: Shukudu.7164

Shukudu.7164

yup having the same issue.

Northern Shiverpeaks-TFG
Vanduul Lvl 80 Ranger
Omekrius Lvl 80 Guardian

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Me too but I figure it is divine providence warning me to save my money

I thought the same ^^

Posted by: J Night.3468

J Night.3468

oh i thought it was just me. same issue here i guess.

Embrace the darkness..

Posted by: king tyler the wise.8460

king tyler the wise.8460

Been having the same issue, kind of getting annoying. Is there any chance of this being fixed soon? Plus the Mac “Beta” needs to get out of Beta stage and actually function properly. I understand it’s not an easy task (professional coder here) but why you went with Cider instead of Wine I will never understand. Yes Cider was probably cheaper but the company you all went with is notorious for being slow and lets just say below average. Was very disappointed but thats for another thread. Get the Gem store fixed soon please so you can take my money and hopefully make the Mac “Beta” better.

Posted by: Ludacris.8054

Ludacris.8054

I’m also having this problem. Opened a ticket they gave me suggestions, but nothing worked at all.

There should be another way to buy gems, like via the website, so we do not face this problems.

Posted by: blaksheep.5230

blaksheep.5230

same issue, blank gem purchase screen. mac osx client on mavericks. stopped working a couple of days ago.

skyhi.2467

Really sucks especially you know, since it’s Wintersday and they added all these nice sweet things to buy and you really want them and you’re really getting into the game this time around and there’s even PRIZES for buying gems!

Just confirming that even with this new Wintersday build, nothing has changed. Still. Can’t. Buy. Gems. On top of that, if I walk down to Gamestop and buy a gem card guess what? That doesn’t work either.

Help? Someone?

Posted by: Shaktidev.5679

Shaktidev.5679

me too. Obviously a Mac-specific Problem since new billing platform was instituted. What suggestions has ANET made to those of you who filed tickets?

Posted by: McNeely.1468

McNeely.1468

Same problem, no reply from support … wtf anet fix this!

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

Same as all of you :/

Posted by: Wayne Catterton.7846

Wayne Catterton.7846

I’m in the same boat. awaiting a fix.

Posted by: Locney.9278

Locney.9278

Same exact problem myself. I’m waiting to use my Gem Card, have tried clearing cashe, restarting…nothing.

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

No luck here as usual. The buy gem feature hasn’t worked for me for the past four months likely. It works around like 10% of the time if I’m lucky. It’s at that time I can buy it. But right now after the wintersday patch, it hasn’t worked once yet

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I’d like to add that I still can’t purchase gems using my credit card. I have tried using the direct method of using my credit card by actually inputting my CC information, and tried using PayPal.

The first attempt, it said “failed.” in a red box.

The second attempt with PayPal, it said “We are sorry. We are currently encountering a problem with our payment partner. Please try again later. Thank you.”

This is on the Windows client using Windows 8.1 64-bit.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

For you Mac folks: We’re aware of this issue and very sorry that you’re having this experience. If I am reading the internal e-mails properly, a fix for this is being worked on and may already be in testing mode.

I hope you’ll try again soon. I’ll give an “all clear” when it comes through.

Thanks to all of you for your support of our game! We’ll try to make it easier for you in the future!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: msbehnke.3960

msbehnke.3960

Same issue. Please fix anet.

Mathaais, Guardian [WolF] IoJ Commander

Posted by: J Season.9156

J Season.9156

Same issue here. +1

Baumchen

Posted by: BEINGHUMAN.4167

BEINGHUMAN.4167

Retina MBP 2012
2.3GHz Intel Core i7
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
OS X 10.9

I as well can not use the Gem Store Purchase window. Black Lion store launches, loads completely, click on ‘Buy Gems’ at top left, new smaller window opens, stay blank.

Obviously, if people miss out on limited time deals, and wanted to purchase, then they should some how get reimbursed (maybe something like Gems to mac users who tried to make purchases during the downtime).

It’s only what other MMO’s would do, to keep people happy because lets be honest, Mac users have a terribly optimized client to play with (beta4ever).

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

This was posted in the account forum a few hours ago. I thought they might have posted it here as well, but, well…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Can-t-buy-gems-7/3356963

The Burninator

BEINGHUMAN.4167

tgUpdate version 1.11 launches now, when users try to launch GW2 client.

Doesn’t fix the Purchasing Gems issue.

Now, holding left mouse button/right mouse button makes the camera unbearable to control (camera rotation speed extremely, extremely high).

The update launches every time you launch the client, even if it successfully downloads.

Thanks, company who is in charge of Mac Client… -_- (Not ANet, I’m assuming).

J Night.3468

new build just released apparently fixed this issue. haven’t checked yet.

Embrace the darkness..

Anen.1742

Mark Katzbach.9084

Bug-Fixes:
Fixed Gem Store issues blocking some Mac users from purchasing gems.

Still not working here.

Posted by: Wayne Catterton.7846

Wayne Catterton.7846

doesn’t appear to be fixed.

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

it worked after i restarted my computer. The buy gems interface was upgraded, changed, updated etc. seems to work differently. Let’s see if it works over time. I’ve noticed that restarting my mac will help the normal TP tabs to work for perhaps the first three times I run gw2, but if i close gw2 and open again more, TP will fail to work again. there’s still issues with cookies or cache or whatever as the computer keeps running the program. But the restart DIDNT work for buying gems, until just now. Let’s hope it holds up

BEINGHUMAN.4167

Finally, the tgUpdate version 1.11 completed and the GW2 launcher downloaded/installed a small amount of files (~10MB).

Didn’t fix anything.

Restarted Client…welcome back tgUpdate version 1.11 :[

Maybe the tech support person who works on issues like this after hours, should have an official admin/forum account and could keep people posted?

Also, my camera rotation is still broken. Rotating the camera with the mouse is extremely fast, even with in-game setting set to lowest (obviously not in-game setting problem).

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Maybe the tech support person who works on issues like this after hours, should have an official admin/forum account and could keep people posted?

Honestly, if you look over this forum I don’t think there is one. Every now and then someone from Anet stops in and posts for a few days and that’s about it.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: J Season.9156

J Season.9156

Finally, the tgUpdate version 1.11 completed and the GW2 launcher downloaded/installed a small amount of files (~10MB).

Didn’t fix anything.

Restarted Client…welcome back tgUpdate version 1.11 :[

Also, my camera rotation is still broken. Rotating the camera with the mouse is extremely fast, even with in-game setting set to lowest (obviously not in-game setting problem).

Changing the resolution of the client and then reverting it usually fixes the mouse problem for me.

Baumchen

Anen.1742

it worked after i restarted my computer. The buy gems interface was upgraded, changed, updated etc. seems to work differently. Let’s see if it works over time. I’ve noticed that restarting my mac will help the normal TP tabs to work for perhaps the first three times I run gw2, but if i close gw2 and open again more, TP will fail to work again. there’s still issues with cookies or cache or whatever as the computer keeps running the program. But the restart DIDNT work for buying gems, until just now. Let’s hope it holds up

Restarted my computer, still can’t buy gems..

Posted by: loclay.7482

loclay.7482

BEINGHUMAN: I’ve been having the same problem, but I assumed it was connected with my decision to install the Logitech Gaming Software to support the G602 mouse I got today. After install, tilting camera angle up or down spins wildly.

Fixed that by killing the GW folder in Application Support, but now the tgUpdate error hits me every time.

So maybe it isn’t this stupid mouse software after all?

BEINGHUMAN.4167

Hey J Season, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, changing the resolution didn’t fix the camera rotation speed. Changed it to windows mode, didn’t work. Restarted Client in between these methods as well.

So basically the games isn’t “broken” but not being able to rotate the camera around does basically keep me from playing.

I would like someone (technically proficient) from ANet to reply to SOMEONE about these issues. Does ANet even officially ‘support’ the Mac beta Client? Serious question.

I don’t want someone who isn’t a tech profession from ANet, to come on here and give us the “Oh we are sorry you are having these issues. We are working on it.”

I guess that’s just the IT in me, hoping for the best.

Posted by: Leila.7269

Leila.7269

Interestingly it looks like the Redeem Code on the Trader might be working while Buy Gems is still blank. Rest of the Trader seems to be loading correctly including exchanging gold for gems. Hope this helps.

Mac client

BEINGHUMAN.4167

Sent a ticket via the support page…
“Gem store purchases for Mac Clients is broken (the ability to purchase Gem with CC’s to be exact).
Many other Mac Client users, myself included, are experiencing camera rotation issues. These issues effect the ability to rotate the camera at normal, in game speeds, and appeared after the Dec. 10th update. Requesting assistance OR response on these issue, either through email or on the forum/mac client page. Thanks.”
Let’s see how long/what type of response we get.
/sigh

Posted by: Locney.9278

Locney.9278

I still can’t use it. I’ve been trying all day, tried nearly every fix known to Asura, and am tempted to just re-install the whole thing…

Posted by: ekaw.7431

ekaw.7431

As of patch today (12-11-13) I CAN BUY GEMS! Inset window comes up and everything.

fyi: The ‘build’ patch didn’t apply until I quit out and relaunched GW2.

Posted by: Belac.2341

Belac.2341

Looks like the problem i had is now fixed, the page is no longer blank. I have not tried purchasing any gems though, so can’t report on the purchasing process.

Also in terms of the other issues raised regarding the camera movement… I’ve had no such issues with this new patch, and just to let the previous poster know I am also using the G602 mouse

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

STILL not working after the update…

Posted by: Limpooka.7918

Limpooka.7918

Thought I would share my experiences:

Gem store not working. No amount of restarts have helped with this and I am unable to buy gems.

Occasionally (and read ‘far too occasionally’ with this) the trading post stops working, therefore I can’t sell anything. Bags get full. Frustration ensues. Deleting the cache folder does not help. However if you exit the game and restart enough, eventually it seems to start working again… for a while.

Crazy spinning camera madness experienced, but it seems to be fixed by alt-tabbing out of the game and then back in.

Update this morning changes nothing. Furthermore if I exit the game and start it again, it re-downloads and installs the updates. Do they updates need to be run and installed as admin, perhaps?

skyhi.2467

Nope didn’t fix it for me. Quite the opposite. Still can’t buy gems and now can’t play thanks to warp speed rotation bug.

sigh.

skyhi.2467

Didn’t fix it for me. Also unplayable now due to new rotation bug just like Beinghuman. Also seeing the update being applied every time I start the game making me also wonder if it’s not installing….

Posted by: Coody.4076

Coody.4076

I have the same issue!!

I wrote the bug report mail to them, I think they would know it’s a big problem before Christmas day.

J Night.3468

new build just released apparently fixed this issue. haven’t checked yet.

i just tried to buy 800 gems and i can confirm that it’s working for me again.

Embrace the darkness..