Getting a graphic issue after the patch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JK Fungus.6039

JK Fungus.6039

I have the issue on a laptop as mentioned previously.

Attachments:

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

Can you guys confirm something with me? I’m getting the same issue as you guys and so I decided to run a program while playing GW2 to check out which graphic card is being used the most, but I’m not so sure if I’m correct, thus I’m posting the information here.

My laptop is a Samsung RF511-SD6 (Intel i5 2450M – Intel HD Graphics 3000 – Nvidia GeForce 540M – 6Gb RAM) Curious thing is that when I bought this laptop at 2012, I began playing gw2 and the graphics were amazing. I could run everything on medium/high and even if I choose the option “Autodetect” from the graphic painel of gw2, it would choose “medium + high” mix of configurations, and the FPS was stable as well. After some updates everything changed; FPS kept dropping and getting lots of lag.
Now, after the last patch, I got this black flickering.

Attachments:

It’s all about THE COLORS

Posted by: Bruiser.4189

Bruiser.4189

I am having the same issue with a blue flashing screen. I just got a 2nd video card today and am trying to use NVIDIA SLI with a GTX670, but otherwise have the same issue as above on my desktop.

I fixed my issue. My SLI bridge was at fault. I moved it to the 2nd set of SLI connections and now things work fine.

Posted by: ricabril.7841

ricabril.7841

I have the same problem since the patch… Screen flickering and nothing I did solved it. It tried both clients and updated my drivers. I play in my notebook and I have 2 video cards as well – intel and nvidia (intel hd graphics 3000 / GeForce GT 540M).

Attachments:

Posted by: Johan Skold

Previous

Johan Skold

Lead Engine Programmer

Thanks for the logs and confirmations. One more question for you: Is this still happening after today’s build?

Guizao.4167

Thanks for the logs and confirmations. One more question for you: Is this still happening after today’s build?

Doing great! Thanks! But I must tell you that I rerolled back to Win7 because I felt that Win10 wasn’t good enough, I mean, stable enought.

Posted by: grimrupert.1795

grimrupert.1795

Still have issues with FPS and lag. When first logging on the FPS is at the normal level then as soon as I move my character it drops dramatically. I’m running W10 on a desktop with Nvidia gpu 980 TI. I’m monitoring the FPS and it varies from 1 to 88, when stationary it’s fine when I rotate it drops. Big population maps are worse. Altering video quality has little effect on FPS which it should or did in the past. Best performance would give me 120+ FPS

Guizao.4167

Still have issues with FPS and lag. When first logging on the FPS is at the normal level then as soon as I move my character it drops dramatically. I’m running W10 on a desktop with Nvidia gpu 980 TI. I’m monitoring the FPS and it varies from 1 to 88, when stationary it’s fine when I rotate it drops. Big population maps are worse. Altering video quality has little effect on FPS which it should or did in the past. Best performance would give me 120+ FPS

I’m having this since 2013.

Posted by: maritoj.3819

maritoj.3819

I still have the problem

Posted by: Nobelaner.9325

Nobelaner.9325

Problem is still there, screen is flashing.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

the problem is still there for me. i can still play with windowed full screen, but as soon as i switch to full screen i get the flickering again

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Restius.5816

Restius.5816

Unfortunatelly, yes. The problem still exists. Although it’s unnoticable if you switch to windowed mod so i’m patient and enjoy the game

There are no stupid questions. Olny stupid answears.

JK Fungus.6039

Problem is still there. When I play in windowed fullscreen it’s ok. If I switch back to fullscreen it’s flickering.

Posted by: jemort.2083

jemort.2083

Just logged in after work. Problem still there. Please, I’m going into withdrawal…

Thanks for the tip on windowed mode, withdrawal subsiding

(edited by jemort.2083)

Posted by: maritoj.3819

maritoj.3819

I am not satisfied with windowed mode . although the problem is fixed in this way, even many fps are lost. I hope to find a quick solution to the matter .

PS : not excited me install an operating system that no longer has any support . ( Win7 )

Posted by: CJay.4067

CJay.4067

yeah, the problem is still there

Posted by: Archslayerxd.3597

Archslayerxd.3597

I don’t want to be nagging but I probably have some ESL GvG’s this week… I had to play last week aswell with this and it didn’t really help out I need a fix soon otherwise I have to disappoint my team…

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I get this semi-randomly. It can go from happening to not just based on going through a waypoint, even inside the same map.

Attachments:

Posted by: Salvatore.4983

Salvatore.4983

Problem is still there for me too, IS there any eta on next fix or are you still trying to figuring out guys? No stress, is just that i have 2 raid sessions upcoming, 1 tonight and 1 tomorrow and I want to tell my guildies if I’m gonna be there or not with the right warning time, so they can try replace me.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i updated my pc and there was also a new apdate from invidia. so far the problem seems solved.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Nobelaner.9325

There was an update from nvidia, but problem is still there….

Restius.5816

i updated my pc and there was also a new apdate from invidia. so far the problem seems solved.

Unfortunatelly, updating the driver didn’t solve the issue.

Posted by: Phaleen.8016

Phaleen.8016

I also have this problem on my laptop with Intel Core i7 2670QM and Nvidia 635m. The black flickering only stops if I run the game on Windows compatibility mode. The downside is that I lose almost half my FPS making it impossible to PvP :/

Nobelaner.9325

Problem exists for one week….

Arenanet, are you there? Any news?

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

I’m curious as to what updates you installed?

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I do not use an nvidia graphic card, nor am I playing on a laptop (well i’m not really playing much lately due to general dissatisfaction but I digress…)

searching, found a number of interesting things, including serious problems with the newer drivers recently, as well as a number of issues specific to laptops. Some are stuck in crash/boot loops. Best bet is probably to just try going back to an older driver. In general there is little need to update to the newest drivers except to fix issues/improve fps with the newest games, anyways. Thing is, this driver release was march 8th… same day of the gw2 update. So even if there is another issue going on, this additional variable is at least at play for some people.

Otherwise, those with the issues will end up needing to wait on nvidia to fix the issues they have introduced on the drivers. It could be fast, or it could take a while…. There likely is little more Anet can do about it, as it appears to be driver’s at fault. Hopefully they are also communicating on the issue though….. And this issue doesn’t appear limited to gw2 either.

Nobelaner.9325

I don’t think that an update from nvidia is fault. I played the game on 7th march without gw2-update, without nvidia-update and without any problems. On 8th march, there was the gw2-update and the problem started without nvidia-update. After that, there were 2 nvidia-updates, but both didn’t solve the problem. So the probleme with gw2 was there, before the nvidia-updates rolled out and I don’t think, a rollback to an older driver would be successfully.

[Sorry if my english sounds bad]

(edited by Nobelaner.9325)

Posted by: Sassy.1697

Sassy.1697

@Johan Skold

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/64bit-client-doesn-t-work-with-Nvidia-Drivers/first#post5939912

This is nothing new.
Issues changed/vary but have been preset since quite a while already.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

STILL broken after today’s patch… seriously? How can fixing this not be a priority??

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: CJay.4067

CJay.4067

2 weeks later the problem is still not fixed. kinda sad, but was to be expected …

Posted by: Bollwerk.4018

Bollwerk.4018

Starting the game in compatibility mode (GW.exe→compatibility mode set to Win8) solved the problem for me.

(edited by Bollwerk.4018)

Posted by: Oedi.2701

Oedi.2701

I’ve been having the issue too only my screen doesn’t flicker, it just goes straight to black seconds after loading my character and my monitor reports it has no signal. Unlike the other folks in this thread, I’m using a desktop running Windows 7 with a i7-4790K CPU, 16 GB of RAM, and a GTX 980 with driver version 362.00.

Given all the recent problems with Nvidia’s drivers I’m about ready to switch to AMD.

Here is my DXDIAG file:

Attachments:

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

@Johan Skold

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/64bit-client-doesn-t-work-with-Nvidia-Drivers/first#post5939912

This is nothing new.
Issues changed/vary but have been preset since quite a while already.

Have been running 64 bit on a 980Ti for a long while now, not really seen any issues… Until yesterday when the entire screen freeze and a second or two later the game seems initiate redraw (could literally see it rendering up objects).
Happened like 10 times with around 5 mins apart. The lighting was also broken.

But I havent tested it today.

JK Fungus.6039

I checked my system after the last update / build was installed. Back to full screen again and no flickering. Looks ok now.

Restius.5816

The problem seems to be solved here either

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

windowed fullscreen is causing tons of lag for me… but going to fullscreen is fine… but it’s an issue because i alt tab this game a lot, and alt tabbing from full screen takes a lot longer. not sure if same issue, but I do use nvidia drivers and windowless fullscreen is causing issues.