Getting disconnected from the server since patch.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: LeoDeSol.7604

LeoDeSol.7604

I have this issue as well… Use authenticator. Nvidia card. Happy to post full details on my machine if Anet needs it…

Posted by: Cirroq.2531

Cirroq.2531

I either get a huge lag spike and recover or more often disconnect from the server completely.

Posted by: Mireena.4032

Mireena.4032

I can’t even patch what little fix they’ve put in since the main patch. I didn’t have trouble yesterday, but today I can’t connect to the login server no matter how many times I restart the client or temporarily disable my antivirus.
I’ve never had the authenticator.

Posted by: KillerKiss.9764

KillerKiss.9764

I had those connection issues all day and I can confirm that removing authenticator fixes the problem.

Posted by: VADGEYENUGH.8019

VADGEYENUGH.8019

I too have had this issue all day and last night too. Regarding the email authenticator-how do I remove this? I will not be using the cell phone version because I play this game only on my laptop. I really want to have this fixed because I am seriously over playing GW2 with all the issues. It’s pretty sad. I am patient though and I’m hoping this issue will be fixed soon. So for now I will not be playing GW.

Posted by: Maeryne.1740

Maeryne.1740

Removing the authenticator seems to have resolved the issue for me.

Posted by: nullwolf.2498

nullwolf.2498

Removing the authenticator seems to have resolved the issue for me.

Same here. Ever since the patch, every 20-30 minutes I’d get disconnected.
Removed the Mobile Authenticator and no problems since.
-_- Would prefer to have the Authenticator of course, but if I can’t play reliably with it…

Posted by: marrra.3786

marrra.3786

I refuse to even try to see if disabling my authenticator works, since I was regularly getting notifications with the email authenticator that there were logon attempts from China and I will not compromise my account for a development issue.

Posted by: Fritz.5026

Fritz.5026

same here, i keep getting randomly disconnected for no reason.

i read in another post that turning off authenticator seems to solve it for some people, but honestly thats garbage. make your account vulnerable to being stolen so you can stay logged on, well until you dont have account anymore.

Posted by: Maeryne.1740

Maeryne.1740

Patch notes from 30 minutes ago state the issue has been resolved. I turned mobile authenticator back on. Hopefully it’s fixed.

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

I am still getting DC every time I turn around. Didn’t have this problem before patch and it’s really starting to get frustrating (went beyond the annoying level with how long its been now).

Am running Win7 64bit with all the latest updates and as a few others have said, when the DC happens, the forums are generally unavailable as well.

I’m not willing to turn off my authenticator (shouldn’t have to), that would leave my account semi vulnerable. Would rather deal with the DC’s or not play until its fixed

(edited by Kesarai.5084)

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

The patch claims to have fixed this issue so I put the authenticator back on and im starting to get d/c again.

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

I never had this issue before today so it’s something odd with the patch or the servers are just getting hit too hard. The game kicks me off every 5 minutes or so and the log in server is never up. Also I lost so much money fast traveling, only to have it zone me back in the place I left…

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

yeah the “fix” they rolled out caused it to screw over people even without authenticators.. Could be not having enough servers for the holiday i guess, would fit with their general mentality.