Gifting Path of Fire

Gifting Path of Fire

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aethereus.9582

Aethereus.9582

Q:

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way I could gift my friend the Path of Fire expansion.

She wants the game and I will willing to purchase it for her, but she would rather I did not log onto her account. When trying to purchase the game, I am only give the option to log in (or else I can’t purchase the game).

Gifting Path of Fire

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

To gift buy it from the web store or other authorized retailer (when available) and once you get the game key provide it to your friend. Just don’t register it and don’t buy it through the in game store as the in game store automatically adds it to your account if you don’t have it already. Of course if you already have PoF on your account the in game store won’t be an option anyway.

The Burninator

Gifting Path of Fire

Aethereus.9582

Thank you! Could you perhaps link me to the web store that I can gift it from?

Gifting Path of Fire

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

Once you buy it from there you will receive the game key via email that you can then provide to your friend to apply to her account.

The Burninator

Gifting Path of Fire

Posted by: Blaze.5304

Blaze.5304

I also have this question. I have tried logging on to my friend’s account (on the website & in-game) and I cannot get it to work anywhere.

I purchased the expansion in-game for myself and it worked just fine….

Any help is appreciated :-)

Gifting Path of Fire

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I also have this question. I have tried logging on to my friend’s account (on the website & in-game) and I cannot get it to work anywhere.

I purchased the expansion in-game for myself and it worked just fine….

Any help is appreciated :-)

Yeahhhhh. Don’t do that (unless your friend in next to you and logs you in so you can buy it).

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Gifting Path of Fire

Aethereus.9582

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

Once you buy it from there you will receive the game key via email that you can then provide to your friend to apply to her account.

I can’t. this is how I tried to purchase it. I have to log in to buy it this way.
I think it’s a cumbersome set up, and one that prevents Anet from making more money than they could be, lol.

Gifting Path of Fire

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It doesn’t matter if you are logged into your account. Just not logged into the game; if you are logged into the game when purchasing, it will automatically apply the Serial Key to your game account.

I’m not sure why one would need to be logged into one’s account to purchase from buy.guildwars2.com, as that would prevent any new player from purchasing the game. Perhaps, try a different browser, or a different vehicle to interact with the internet. /shrug

Gifting Path of Fire

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Thank you for clearing that up, I was considering maybe getting another copy but was confused as it asked for me to login as well. I ended up getting PoF from in game though but I still wanted to know how to get it from the web store. Good to know.

Gifting Path of Fire

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Add another to this post. Support any word on how we can gift these via CD Key? TIA.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Gifting Path of Fire

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You just send the Serial Key to the recipient. The recipient then creates an account or updates their current account. No problem. =)

Good luck.