Graphic problem, merges with blue color (Pictures attachment)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: RainX.2608

RainX.2608

My computer specs is decent so I doubt that’s the problem.
Processor: Intel Core I5 M 460 @ 2.53GHZ
Ram: 8.00GB
System type: 64 bit
Harddrive: 451 GB

Graphic card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
: Driver date: 9/20/2010 (I tried to update it and but it said it was the latest)

I don’t know if its a graphic card problem or not but that was my guess. Please help me. Thanks

Attachments:

RainX.2608

PS: I have tried to change the graphic setting in anyway possible, but the problem still occurs.

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hi RainX – Could you please attach a DxDiag report to the thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…” so that we can look into this issue further?

Posted by: flaxplan.9185

flaxplan.9185

Also, even though your manufacturer says its the latest i can guarantee you it is not the case, the latest drivers for your card 2/23/2012.. have you used AMDs official tool?

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx#1

if that is not working if you post the manufacturer and model i can find you the right drivers, drivers dated 2010 is an issue either way :P

RainX.2608

Also, even though your manufacturer says its the latest i can guarantee you it is not the case, the latest drivers for your card 2/23/2012.. have you used AMDs official tool?

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx#1

if that is not working if you post the manufacturer and model i can find you the right drivers, drivers dated 2010 is an issue either way :P

Hey I have tried this before a couple of time, After I download it, I click install and after that a second later, it disappeared, with no changes made.

RainX.2608

Hi RainX – Could you please attach a DxDiag report to the thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…” so that we can look into this issue further?

Hope this helps

Attachments:

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

The one on AMD site doesn’t support sony laptops. You could try this http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VPCEB3BFXL&upd_id=6258&os_group_id=6

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

RainX.2608

The one on AMD site doesn’t support sony laptops. You could try this http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VPCEB3BFXL&upd_id=6258&os_group_id=6

I have also tried this already but still it doesn’t work. After it installed, it tells me that it had installed successfully but when I check, it’s still the same. I don’t know what to do anymore

Posted by: Evea.9568

Evea.9568

I am having the same issues! Attached DxDiag.
I’m thinking it’s graphics card too. Probably time to invest in a desktop?

Attachments:

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

@RainX
Be sure perform a clean install. Either uninstall the old driver then install the new one then restart laptop.

@Evea
Try using this http://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VPCEB27FD&upd_id=6258&os_group_id=6

Both Instruction from Site :

Download and Installation Instructions
To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
Download the ATDVID-00230054-1042.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the ATDVID-00230054-1042.EXE file to begin the installation.
At the “User Account Control” window, click “Yes”.
At the “ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 / 5470 / 5145 Driver Update” screen, click “Next”.
At the “License Agreement” dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click “I Agree” to continue with the installation.
At the “Finished” screen, click “Finish”.
At the “This system must be restarted to complete the installation” screen, click “OK” to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 / 5470 / 5145 Driver Update is complete.

Also the Mobility HD5470 is not a powerful videocard.

Hope this helps.

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

@ RainX & Evea – Looks like you guys have some older drivers since they’re from 2010. I would highly recommend AMD’s most recent drivers. I believe 12.8 was just released which you should be able to find through the link below:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx

While the 5470 is not a very powerful card, you shouldn’t be experiencing graphics issues such as those. Please let me know if the updated drivers helps!

RainX.2608

@RainX
Be sure perform a clean install. Either uninstall the old driver then install the new one then restart laptop.

@Evea
Try using this http://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VPCEB27FD&upd_id=6258&os_group_id=6

Both Instruction from Site :

Download and Installation Instructions
To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
Download the ATDVID-00230054-1042.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the ATDVID-00230054-1042.EXE file to begin the installation.
At the “User Account Control” window, click “Yes”.
At the “ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 / 5470 / 5145 Driver Update” screen, click “Next”.
At the “License Agreement” dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click “I Agree” to continue with the installation.
At the “Finished” screen, click “Finish”.
At the “This system must be restarted to complete the installation” screen, click “OK” to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 / 5470 / 5145 Driver Update is complete.

Also the Mobility HD5470 is not a powerful videocard.

Hope this helps.

Yeah thats what I did also, I uninstall it and tried to install the new file but it still doesn’t work.

RainX.2608

@ RainX & Evea – Looks like you guys have some older drivers since they’re from 2010. I would highly recommend AMD’s most recent drivers. I believe 12.8 was just released which you should be able to find through the link below:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx

While the 5470 is not a very powerful card, you shouldn’t be experiencing graphics issues such as those. Please let me know if the updated drivers helps!

I tried to install it but after it said it was installed. I check the driver date and it is still 2010