Guild Wars 1 "update"

Guild Wars 1 "update"

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

GW1 is in maintenance mode. Arenanet isn’t actively developing the game anymore and most of its systems are set to run autonomously. They’re not going to go back and make changes like this because the game runs fine as is :/
It’s unfortunate, but thats how it is.

Guild Wars 1 "update"

Posted by: cam.6850

cam.6850

This seems stupid. To prevent any retrospective changes to a game that 1: Has a decent following, 2: Has an effect on Gw2, 3: Is still a great very unique game and could be enjoyed by a lot of people (MANY more than currently do) with some simply changes.

Going back to Bartle’s Taxonomy, GW1 hits a different type of player than Gw2 does, sure there is some overlap, however those who are Socially orientated (group based people) are negatively effected in Gw2 as there is no sense of commitment to other players in PvE (Every player is a solo act and has little need for others due to the “scaling”).

If a Dev or A-net player is reading this please consider my request carefully, it would have little impact on Gw2 sales (as most players are attracted to what other play, as well as things like graphics (cue salience) and therefore the proposed changes will make little difference to your market reach). Not to mention would spark a new generation of GW1 fans which then warrants a new expansion.

While your at it could you please play around with the drop rate (I have been gone from the game for over 3 years! and still get HORRIBLE drops on my ele simply because I use to solo farm to an extreme, clearly that character has been red-flagged). You know as well as I do your drop rate is based off some sort of schedule of reinforcement to keep people working towards a goal/reward so please increase the rate of reinforcement so players remaining get maximum enjoyment.

Guild Wars 1 "update"

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

(Every player is a solo act and has little need for others due to the “scaling”)

The same can be said about GW1. All you need is a full hero team and you can do basically anything. Additionally, you can practically play the game while AFK (c-space-afk-repeat) due to the heroes, which is what I basically did to grind vanquish rep.

GW1 is in maintenance mode and that does mean that they are no longer actively developing the game, however, they do still fix problems. Tweaking skills or drops is something they might do, but they’re not going to bother doing it unless it becomes a problem. ArenaNet has no reason to improve the game in that way because you’re only costing them resources. On the bright side however, GW1 likely won’t get shutdown as long as GW2 is alive. There’s still a potential for new players and GW1 is borrowing GW2’s resources to run, so it basically doesn’t cost anything.

Guild Wars 1 "update"

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here’s an official post about supporting Guild Wars (One):

Guild Wars tickets will soon be handled with GW2 tickets – this will remove the issue of you guys having to wait weeks for help. Note: This will still only apply to game access as we do not support gameplay or bug issues for Guild Wars anymore.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-7-days-older/page/44#post4872005

And another:

Again – we only support game access and exploit reporting for Guild Wars. All other issues are no longer supported (game hints, bugs, etc.).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/GW2-Tickets-for-Review-7-days-older/4845309

Good luck.

Guild Wars 1 "update"

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

It costs money to maintain a game and it costs money to hire staff to maintain said game. They obviously thought about it a lot and decided that any future sales wouldn’t cover the costs of having permanent staff working on the game. It’s 10 years old. You can’t really expect that they would continue to update it.

Guild Wars 1 "update"

Posted by: cam.6850

cam.6850

First most players only use heros to replace the empty slots not filled, or in some cases make the completion of the mission viable (eg adding monks= heros or necros).

I am not requesting the development of new unique content, simply for some skills to be changed back to how they use to work in PvE (to help encourage groups to form, as currently things like dungeons etc are often very difficult to teach to new players, especially UWsc/DoA/Fow).

The manipulation of drop rates would be a very easy fix and wouldn’t require a lot.

Yes, I am aware of Anet’s previous statements regarding this topic, however they also implied that Gw1 servers would be completely wiped, yet haven’t been. They have made it clear that the on going costs are a fraction of Gw2 so I can’t see any financial reason that this isn’t possible. Hell, if they want to why not start up a funding page, if enough people give then clearly there is enough potential profit to invest in Gw1.

Look at what Extra Credit achieved with their fund raising, you honestly think a company like NCsoft/Anet couldn’t generate 10-20-100 times that amount?

Guild Wars 1 "update"

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

“however they also implied that Gw1 servers would be completely wiped, yet haven’t been.”

Where did they imply that? Because I have never heard anything at all about that, and I have been playing GW1 since soon after release and still play it now and then.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Guild Wars 1 "update"

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

First most players only use heros to replace the empty slots not filled, or in some cases make the completion of the mission viable (eg adding monks= heros or necros).

I am not requesting the development of new unique content, simply for some skills to be changed back to how they use to work in PvE (to help encourage groups to form, as currently things like dungeons etc are often very difficult to teach to new players, especially UWsc/DoA/Fow).

The manipulation of drop rates would be a very easy fix and wouldn’t require a lot.

Yes, I am aware of Anet’s previous statements regarding this topic, however they also implied that Gw1 servers would be completely wiped, yet haven’t been. They have made it clear that the on going costs are a fraction of Gw2 so I can’t see any financial reason that this isn’t possible. Hell, if they want to why not start up a funding page, if enough people give then clearly there is enough potential profit to invest in Gw1.

Look at what Extra Credit achieved with their fund raising, you honestly think a company like NCsoft/Anet couldn’t generate 10-20-100 times that amount?

Simple: Why spend money when they aren’t going to make any from it. Tweaking the game isn’t going to net them new sales. And a couple people buying it for HoM rewards isn’t enought to make tweaks.

Welcome to a game in maintenance mode only. And do not be surprised if/when this thread is locked for being off topic, as this is the GW2 forums and they do not handle any of the GW1 requests.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.