Guild Wars 2 Account Will Be Shut Down Inform

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

what is that and what to do with it ? onyl says due to currency transactions or abnormal login, but all i did was playing GW2 normaly on my PC at home

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Its a phishing email, delete it. Don’t follow the links. If you did you should change your password. Anet doesn’t send emails informing people of account closures.

The Burninator

Ledddawe.8964

really ? wtf i gave all my account informations

ok i changed password but why it took me to anets web ?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Then you should change your password right away as well as making sure your email account is secured. You may want to contact support and tell them what happened as well just to be safe.

Here is a thread about phising emails:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Common-Phishing-E-mails/

The Burninator

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

It doesn’t take you to the real ArenaNet site. It takes you to a site that’s been made to LOOK like it. After all, no one would enter their account information if the site looked like it was made on Geocities in 1996!

Similarly, the email address will be “spoofed” to look like it’s coming from a legitimate account. You can see where it’s really coming from if you open up your full email headers.

You also might want to consider submitting a support ticket and changing to an all-new email address for your account, since they have that information as well.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If you don’t have the mobile authenticator or the IP verification, then you should really consider it as you just handed over your account information to a hacking site. You should also let support know as they might pretend to be you and contact support to try to steal your account that way.

Ledddawe.8964

if i look to my accout security i have there authorized networks soo might be safe ? also only i gave my password to game not my mail and after that i changed it 2 times to be sure also changed mail pass to be safe but didnt give that one

Ledddawe.8964

is there a way to change my mail anyway ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can request to have the email account associated with your game account changed by contacting the CS Team. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request.

Good luck.

Ledddawe.8964

and i f i dotn want to get information about changing my mai lon my old one what mai land where should i write anyone can help me pls will be really thanksfull

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Create a new, unique mail address with a new provider. Use the webform to contact the CS Team, found at the top of this page by clicking Support, then Submit a Request.

Fill in the new email address when asked where you wish to be contacted. Give them the new address, as well, when explaining you wish to change the email address associated with your Game Account.

Be sure to choose an option from both drop-down menus.

Good luck.

Ledddawe.8964

how long does it take to get answer from devs ? almost 24 hours and i need help with secure my account

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You should get an automated response within 24 hours, usually much less. If you haven’t gotten that check your spam and junk folders. If it’s not in there, read the thread above, Not Getting Our Email, to see if it’s one of the problems listed.

It can take up to 3 days for the whole problem to be taken care of. Or even longer if they are really busy.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)