Guild was removed.....

Guild was removed.....

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

So I was in a guild that was removed without warning or anything said why it was removed. I am guessing it was labeled as offensive because the tag was a 3 letter word starting with a V and ending with a G. If it was offensive enough to players that the name must be changed why not let us change the name? Why on earth would you just remove it and not tell anyone? We had a guild bank with items in there and because it was just removed, had no chance to get the items out and now they are lost.

I don’t understand as if a player has a name that is labeled as too offensive they get a chance to change the name of said char….why on earth were we not able to just change the name instead of it being removed completely…?

Also this guild was 6+months old….

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Was an ANET message sent about this? If not I HIGHLY DOUBT it was removed by ANET as they would have been sent a notice to rename said guild.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Halthur.9654

Halthur.9654

Guilds can not be renamed, unlike characters. And someone in ANet agreed that it was offensive. So bye bye guild. This has happened to several guilds in the past, so take head when making your guild name & tag.

And only the guild leader would know why, since you are not them. You’ll never know the truth. Heck the leader could have decided to disband the guild and take all the loot. And you’d never know the truth, unless ANet says otherwise. But they are not likely to say.

ANet 2012 – Play how you want to play.

ANet 2014 – Play how we tell you to play.

(edited by Halthur.9654)

Guild was removed.....

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Well one of the two guild leaders is online and she has no clue why it was removed as there was no warning. We are waiting for the other leader to get on to see if there was anything said or any warning to them.

I get it if they have to remove it. Just wish they would have said something like Your guild has been deemed offensive or whatever the reason you have 24 hours to get everything out of the bank etc

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: PartyPanda.1960

PartyPanda.1960

The first guild I was in, eventually the leader got upset over some things and deleted the guild without warning. It just disappeared, and we didn’t know what had happened until we finally talked with him. This may have happened to you, for whatever reason.

As another person pointed out, if there were a warning, the creator of the guild would have likely received it, not you. Also, just putting this out there, maybe the creator decided to shut the guild down, and he could just say that it was taken down by admins.

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Lightyears.8624

Lightyears.8624

Read the Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. It is explicitly stated that guilds with offensive names or tags will be deleted outright. They do not have they ability to change guild names.

The player who created the guild will receive an email to their registered address detailing the outcome of the issue. No other guild members will receive the email, regardless of rank in the guild.

Guild was removed.....

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Just skyped with the creator of the guild and no email was sent that she can see….unless it was sent email in game as she has not logged on since it was removed.

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Until verification of who deleted the guild, that doesn’t sound right to just delete a guild organization without giving any warnings and giving any options to correct any faults necessary. Anyone else feel the same?

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Until verification of who deleted the guild, that doesn’t sound right to just delete a guild organization without giving any warnings and giving any options to correct any faults necessary. Anyone else feel the same?

Absolutely, if this is the case why can character names be redone but not guild names, makes absolutely NO SENSE.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Halthur.9654

Halthur.9654

And we don’t actually know if the guild was deleted by ANet at this point. For all we know the guild creator took the loot disbanded the guild, got hacked and they took everything and disbanded the guild. Or my favorite that happened to a guild on my server. Their little brother got on the account, and kicked everyone out of the guild.

Point is we really don’t know, and won’t know until ANet says something here, and they most likely won’t.

ANet 2012 – Play how you want to play.

ANet 2014 – Play how we tell you to play.

Guild was removed.....

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Well I assure you that no guild leaders took the loot and ran as we only had two. The one guild leader who was active was not the guild creator though. The guild creator has not been on for awhile but we still talk to her via Skype.

Asked about it and she is pretty bummed about it. Looked for an email but found none. She is currently at work but will log on to see if there is any in game mail. Will update when I hear more.

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Vag? is a perfectly legitimate 3 letter tag. What if I made the guild: Vagabonds [Vag]

Moderation should take the actual name into account, which they claim to do, for chat at least.

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Vag? is a perfectly legitimate 3 letter tag. What if I made the guild: Vagabonds [Vag]

Moderation should take the actual name into account, which they claim to do, for chat at least.

What if you did? Way back when I first started playing there was a guild that had the tag [C-word] and the actual guild name had nothing to do with it except some initials. Except for an increase in vulgarity there’s not much difference.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Guild was removed.....

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Well the guild maker finally had time to log on and no in game email or email to her account was made about it. She also wasn’t hacked as everything is fine other than her guild is just gone. So I take it anet can just delete it without notifying anyone. The only thing I can think of as to why they wouldn’t notify anyone would be because the guild creator wasn’t very active?

Really should have been handled a little better by whoever deemed it offensive and deleted….but what can you do I suppose.

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Eskarina Tigress.3785

Eskarina Tigress.3785

Well the guild maker finally had time to log on and no in game email or email to her account was made about it. She also wasn’t hacked as everything is fine other than her guild is just gone. So I take it anet can just delete it without notifying anyone. The only thing I can think of as to why they wouldn’t notify anyone would be because the guild creator wasn’t very active?

Really should have been handled a little better by whoever deemed it offensive and deleted….but what can you do I suppose.

You could contact support? Just a thought.

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The only people who can answer this is support. An in game ticket or a query in the support subforum can be your only option. The general discussion is a community subforum and realistically, we have no idea what could have happened to the guild.

The support team can tell you with precision what happened though.

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Anet is the final say on any decisions. If they can’t change a guild name, and had to delete it in its entirety, we can’t really say anything about it. Esp. if the name or tag was purposely vulgar.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Guild was removed.....

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

If this is the guild I recall — and given the tag, I believe it is — I’m quite surprised that you’d be asking a question about the guild’s disbandment. The name was offensive, the tag was offensive, and the guild ranks were offensive. They were intentionally, crudely, unacceptably wrong in direct violation of several components of the Naming Policy.

This thread is locked, and I strongly suggest that if you reform as a guild, you consider your guild name and guild tag very carefully. At some point, those who choose offensive names risk account suspension, even account termination.

You could contact support? Just a thought.

There is no point in doing so. Everyone who reviewed this case agreed the name was offensive. and there is no room for appeal.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)