Gw2 wont launch

Gw2 wont launch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: pdemo.8312

pdemo.8312

Hey, so im running windows 10 tech preview as a tester, Gw2 worked great until the recent build for the tech preview. Everything that can run on windows 8 runs on tech preview so It’s not compatible is not the answer cuz it worked with the earlier build. Does When i launch I get a black screen like normal but then no character select screen shows up but i still get the music. Then if i ctrl-tab-delete out and go to task manager it says gw2 not responding, but i still have the gw2 mouse and i cant do anything so i sign out to get rid of it. Anyone know what the problem is?

Gw2 wont launch

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

This is most likely not something that ArenaNet can help you with, but rather something you have to talk to Microsoft about.

It working in an earlier build does not guarantee that it will work in coming or current builds.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gw2 wont launch

pdemo.8312

Guild wars 1 wouldnt work either but games like hearthstone did so il contact microsoft

Gw2 wont launch

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Still launches for me on the latest windows 10 tech preview.

Gw2 wont launch

pdemo.8312

Really it doesnt launch for me on both of my computers lol

Gw2 wont launch

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Really it doesnt launch for me on both of my computers lol

May be a hardware compatibility issue.

Gw2 wont launch

Posted by: Sebalon.5913

Sebalon.5913

GW2 works fine on windows 10 when using integrated graphics, but not when using my GTX 860M (I get the “Unable to initialize 3D output” error). I’ve tried an extensive list of other games that also use DirectX, and they all work fine. I’m not what could be causing the issue with GW2.

Gw2 wont launch

pdemo.8312

I rolled back to the previous build but when how do i make it not update automatically. It says some setting are managed by your system administrator

Gw2 wont launch

Posted by: Edric.3756

Edric.3756

If I launch GW2.exe -windowed it works. If I try to fullscreen it crashes. I am on Win 10 build 9860.

Gw2 wont launch

Posted by: techfreak.6473

techfreak.6473

I have noticed that I needed to reinstall the Nvidia drivers a couple of times since I installed the Tech Preview launch day. Have you tried a clean install of the drivers? The Tech Preview also tries to install them when it’s first installed – it does a really bad job of it, requiring a reinstall then too. I haven’t had any issues with Windows 10 other than a minor glitch here and there. All applications and games that worked with Windows 7 seems to work just fine in the Tech Preview.