Hacked account... yeah lucky me

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ebon Assassin.2730

Ebon Assassin.2730

so i got hacked the other day but didnt notice until i thought that is weird were is my armor and weapons… oh and my inventory is cleared out how quaint so i checked my bank and my 71 vials of powerful blood 61 globs of ectoplasm and 81 orchilium ore’s were gone then i decided to check my black lion transactions: sold and i saw my lvl 80 runes sigils and other expensive stuff sold and my money was mailed away. so is there any way to get anything back? like maybe my armor from Cof without having to do the dungeon several times to get that armor? or getting all the stuff back that was sold in the last like three days?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

so i got hacked the other day but didnt notice until i thought that is weird were is my armor and weapons… oh and my inventory is cleared out how quaint so i checked my bank and my 71 vials of powerful blood 61 globs of ectoplasm and 81 orchilium ore’s were gone then i decided to check my black lion transactions: sold and i saw my lvl 80 runes sigils and other expensive stuff sold and my money was mailed away. so is there any way to get anything back? like maybe my armor from Cof without having to do the dungeon several times to get that armor? or getting all the stuff back that was sold in the last like three days?

First, you will need to secure your computer, as your game account has been compromised. Possibly, your email account, as well. You need to change the passwords to both, and run scans, etc. to look for keyloggers and viruses. Support can help you with this, if needed.

You will need to contact Customer Support, and once it has been determined you have been ‘hacked’, you can request an account rollback and regain all your lost items and currency.

Top of page – Support – Submit a Request.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Definitely check your computer for a keylogger.

If clear, then consider carefully if your e-mail may be compromised. If you’re not sure, perhaps send your ticket through an account different than the one associated with your game account. Just be sure to answer the questions that verify your ownership of the account, so we can help you as quickly as possible.

We do offer account restorations in many instances of account compromise, so discuss that with the agent who is helping you get back onto the account. You may find your losses, in that situation, will be made minimal.

Good luck.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Ebon Assassin.2730

ok so i have avast running a virus scan but i cant find the number to call for an account relog where ould i find it

Inculpatus cedo.9234

ok so i have avast running a virus scan but i cant find the number to call for an account relog where ould i find it

You need to contact Customer Support through the site page. Top Left of this page – Support – Top Right of that page – Submit a Request.

Good luck.

Ebon Assassin.2730

tyvm this is very helpful

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are most welcome. =)

Posted by: dutchboy.5396

dutchboy.5396

hi guys i juast read something about this topic hacked account now i have a question my brother dint play for a long time and yesterday he want to start playing gw2 again and he find out that he was hacked on this account and the hackers used someking of a bot and macros so he cannot log in to his account anymore now here is the thing what he have done:

he change his email pasword
and then change de password of the gw2 account bequese i can login on the website whith this email

but there is no cd key registert to this account the eroor says the account is terminated or something now he send alot of emails from yesterday untill now but he dont get any response is that a good thing or a bad thing he just wanna play gw2 or is the helpdesk that bad ? oon gw2

plz help us out here ! or give some advice thank u guys

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Punctuation helps^^
First you should run a complete virus scan on your computer, changing your password before scanning is kinda useless.
Then open a support ticket (if u havent done this, never create severals for a single case only 1) and tell them exactly what happened. If there are items missing ask the support for a rollback (only available once per lifetime).