High Latency (EU Server)

High Latency (EU Server)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: antares.5916

antares.5916

Hi! I’m living in South East Asia and my characters are in Gunnar’s Hold server (EU). 300-350 ping is the average ping I’m getting on a normal day. This is playable and I’m able to do end-game content just fine with this latency. However, for a week now, I have been getting super high latency in some maps. Like for example in a fractal, there will be some fractal instances that is fine and some that are literally unplayable. We’re talking about 1k lag spikes that never goes away. This applies in the open-world maps too. I have made screenshots and I’m hoping someone could help me, or at least explain to me what my problem is.

The first one is in Wayfarer Foothills, since I have been getting consistently high latency whenever I waypoint there. I took a screenshot of the ip there and did a trace using Ping Plotter. I’m not network-savvy so forgive me if I seem ignorant regarding this issue

Attachments:

High Latency (EU Server)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Dunno. Says it’s a private LAN address. Using a VPN? Whatever it is, it seems to be at the backbone hand-off, and long before it goes to any ArenaNet/NCSoft servers.

Good luck.

High Latency (EU Server)

antares.5916

Dunno. Says it’s a private LAN address. Using a VPN? Whatever it is, it seems to be at the backbone hand-off, and long before it goes to any ArenaNet/NCSoft servers.

Good luck.

I’m not using vpn, though. It specific ip addresses though. Any map ip that starts with 10.xx.xx.xx, I noticed that I get those high latency. Called the isp already and they say everything is fine on their end. This wasn’t like this last month.

High Latency (EU Server)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Those maps with 10. IP addresses are, so it is said, hosted on Amazon servers. But, your ping plotter shows a problem way before getting to any GW2 servers.

You can contact the Tech CS Team via the ‘Support’ link, if you so desire, for assistance.

Good luck.

High Latency (EU Server)

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

The 10.83.74.x ip’s are the ones I’ve been talking about lately. For some reason whenever I get those ip’s I get my normal avg ping which is supposed to be around 230-260ms [however whenever i am on the normal 206.127.159.x/206.127.146.x ip’s there is terrible lag and I am getting well over 300ms+ pings with bad lag spikes (up to 4k). I think the amazonaws servers don’t have the usual terrible routing that gives us the bad latencies at the handoff [from telia/level3] but this is just a seperate lag matter from skill lag itself which is also server side. I am surprised that this ip is giving you the opposite effect however. How are your pings with when connected to maps with 206.127.159.x/206.127.146.x ip addresses? Btw I’m on rof so if you wanna chat about it we can talk on server too since we’re paired just add me I’ll probably know who you are if you message.

(edited by DemonSeed.3528)

High Latency (EU Server)

Posted by: Anapxist.5314

Anapxist.5314

I noticed this ip’s too but for me i got much batter latency with them about 60-70 when regular 206.127.×.x its about 90-110. Playing from Russia.

High Latency (EU Server)

antares.5916

The 10.83.74.x ip’s are the ones I’ve been talking about lately. For some reason whenever I get those ip’s I get my normal avg ping which is supposed to be around 230-260ms [however whenever i am on the normal 206.127.159.x/206.127.146.x ip’s there is terrible lag and I am getting well over 300ms+ pings with bad lag spikes (up to 4k). I think the amazonaws servers don’t have the usual terrible routing that gives us the bad latencies at the handoff [from telia/level3] but this is just a seperate lag matter from skill lag itself which is also server side. I am surprised that this ip is giving you the opposite effect however. How are your pings with when connected to maps with 206.127.159.x/206.127.146.x ip addresses? Btw I’m on rof so if you wanna chat about it we can talk on server too since we’re paired just add me I’ll probably know who you are if you message.

Hi! When I get those 206.xx.xx.xx ip addresses on maps, it’s stable for me. It’s just those that starts with 10.xx.xx.xx that are a big issue. Fractals isn’t playable right now since some instances put me on those problematic ip addresses. I don’t even know what’s causing this. Talked to the support team the whole day today and, while super accommodating, they don’t know what’s wrong. I don’t know if the problem is on my end or theirs. I can use discord, surf the web without any problem, just in GW2 I’m having issue with.

There’s a reddit thread about this just now:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6xs8t5/seriously_anyone_else_dcing_like_mad_lately/

High Latency (EU Server)

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

I’m logging in from Australia, with avg 1000+ms ping atm.
Anywhere near wvw zerg = 4000+ ping and rubberband death.
My isp has said issue is due to SEA-ME-WE3 sea cable damage.
Not sure if this is what is affecting you too.

High Latency (EU Server)

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

The problems with lag spikes have happened way before the undersea cable problem [for some of us], as well as before the ddos happened – it has just carried on until now. The problem is further magnified by the undersea cable issue for others.