HoT account swap?

HoT account swap?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: InLucidReverie.8193

InLucidReverie.8193

Hi, I’ve been a player of GW2 on and off a while and have a character at level 80… but have been unable to purchase Heart of thorns due to money issues. Recently hoever my mother bought GW2 Heart of Thorns but decided she did not enjoy the game enough to continue.

I’m wondering if it’s feasible to – once I am granted access to her account – have it dissolved with HoT access moved to my own account? In any case the price of both was paid, while my mother has not played the game much if at all.

I realise this is a longshot but the idea of not having my own account name, progress or characters on the new account just so I can continue playing is somewhat disheartening.

HoT account swap?

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

It is against the ToS to transfer ownership of an account, meaning that your mother cannot just give you her account. It’s also not possible to transfer an account key from one account to another, so no you won’t be able to shift her HoT over to your account.
If your mother doesn’t want her account and it was purchased recently she may be able to get a refund on the purchase and if she’s kind then use that refunded money to purchase HoT for you?

HoT account swap?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If HoT was purchased within the last 30 days and directly from ArenaNet (buy.guildwars2.com), then the account holder can request a refund to revert the account. You can then buy HoT, on sale.

HoT account swap?

Posted by: Mobilizer.6278

Mobilizer.6278

Yup. Best thing to do is have your mother request a refund so you can use the cash to buy a brand new Heart of Thorns key for yourself without wasting anymore money.