HoT waiting time....

HoT waiting time....

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SoftStorms.8059

SoftStorms.8059

Q:

For the holidays, my boyfriend was given money to buy us each Heart of Thorns. He received his code immediately via email, but I just got an email saying it would take up to 48 hours. He paid for each separately, sent one to the email associated with his account and the second to the email associated with mine. Used the same bank account for both because we deposited it all in his thinking it wasn’t going to be an issue.

I understand this is sometimes due to waiting for the bank to process (though I still think that’s annoying since if I could get a physical copy then I would have it immediately while ignoring the bank processing time and they could just restrict access if it bounces but I digress).

Anyway, am I just stuck waiting with original GW2 while he gets to play HoT without me?

HoT waiting time....

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, you could suggest to your boyfriend that he wait for you. It would be the gentleman-ly thing to do!

Good luck.

HoT waiting time....

Posted by: SoftStorms.8059

SoftStorms.8059

I’m sure he’ll be gentlemanly, just feels like opening a gift with a sticky note on the bottom of the box that says “I.O.U.” while the other person got it right then and there.

I’m confused why for one account they’re not requiring a waiting time and on the other they are. Seems silly.

HoT waiting time....

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Sometimes banks just delay processing. It happens. Not much anyone on the forums can do. It actually could be his bank ensuring that he wanted 2 copies of it and that it wasn’t a second request accidentally sent through.

It really could be so many things that occurred as to why there is a delay. It also could be that since he sent it to you, but it’s his billing information that that is a delay, to ensure you didn’t steal his credit information to buy the game.

Sometimes there is just a natural delay that occurs.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

HoT waiting time....

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

Similar frustration here. I bought another HoT Standard Edition just now to give to someone as a gift, and I’ve been struck with “up to 48-hour waiting time” email.
To make things worse, I’m quite impatient about this kind of stuff… Yeah.
EDIT: Got it now! 2 hours waiting time

(edited by PCanineBrigade.4916)