How much space will the betas take?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Hi A-net so bassically i have only 33gb of storage space left. So Im kinda worried the demo’s might go over that limit.

Any clarification on this?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If GW2 is already fully installed, the entire expansion is only another ~20 GB according to the requirements. Keep in mind that GW2 only has a single installation, so you’re going to be downloading that beta regardless of if you’re participating. It’ll likely only be 1 GB, maybe 5 at most. Episode 6 was only ~700 MB for comparison.

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

If GW2 is already fully installed, the entire expansion is only another ~20 GB according to the requirements. Keep in mind that GW2 only has a single installation, so you’re going to be downloading that beta regardless of if you’re participating. It’ll likely only be 1 GB, maybe 5 at most. Episode 6 was only ~700 MB for comparison.

man i see, where did ya get the 20 gb from. Cause I’m now browsing to options for increasing the storage space. maby even internal hardrivers. u’ve been a massive help the last few days btw.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

where did ya get the 20 gb from.

The minimum requirements listed on buy.guildwars2.com is 50 GB. GW2 doesn’t separate expansions, so that’s the total size of the game. For comparison, HoT was listed as 35 GB and the core game was 25 GB.

The current size of the game is around 32 GB, so that makes PoF around 18 GB. The listed requirements have always been ~5 GB higher however, so PoF will likely only be another 12 GB at launch.

Posted by: mrme.5817

mrme.5817

Hard to say but if its like the HoT beta, they ran it on live servers you just didn’t get to keep any drops from the zone. They added the expac files to the base game as an update, no beta installation.