How to Handle Player Threats?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Reigne Irkalla.4768

Reigne Irkalla.4768

Hello Arena Net,

Just this evening another player threatened to have his guild report me (in what category, I wouldn’t know), because this player was kicked from my party during a dungeon run, because, quite frankly, he was saying insulting the DPS of three party members, including myself, and I was not in the mood to put up with it.

This player also stated that his guild has done the same to at least 3 other guild wars players, for assumedly the same reason.

Now, being the slave to your game that I am, this naturally has me worried. Aside from taking screenshots, is there anything else that a dedicated drone such as myself can do to protect themselves from a grudge holder?

Thank you in advance for a response, and apologies if this post somehow violates terms of use.

Sincerely,

Reigne Irkalla

Reigne – Idyn – Ereskigal (IRKALLA) Rex – Giddim – Gilgamesh (NERGAL)
The Eternal Mist [THEM] We are currently recruiting!
Must love dungeons and have a sense of humor – pm me for more info :D

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

At the time you could of right clicked on his name and reported for herassment. When did you kick him. Did you wait until the final boss was at 10% or was it earlier around the halfway point of the dungeon.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You should use the in-game reporting tool to report those that threaten to report you, should you desire to report them.

Otherwise, just block the individual. The CS Team will not suspend/ban your account if you did nothing wrong, but could action a player’s account for false reporting.

You can peruse the Code of Conduct and/or User Agreement to familiarize yourself with the rules at the bottom of this page by following the ‘Legal’ link.

Good luck.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

And his guild risks getting banned themselves for submitting false reports.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

As people have said before, right click and report people who are using abusive language against you.

The player who has threatened you is completely wrong if they think that the more people who report someone, the more likely you are to be banned. Don’t worry about it – if he got 150 guildies to report you, a human still looks into it, and treats it as if it’s just one report. If you’ve done no wrong, you’ve nothing to worry about.

As someone asked earlier, it could only look bad if you waited until the boss was nearly complete to kick the person. If you kicked them as soon as the verbal abuse took place, you have nothing to worry about.

Edit: Don’t forget to block them as soon as you’ve reported them too.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: pamela.8196

pamela.8196

after 14 years of online gaming { I started at age 38 } { late in life } to this day I still don’t get why people have to be like that
Don’t know if this is a good saying or not..
Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should….
as in this is the Internet and people think they can do and say what they want..
so you keep dumping these punks outa your groups and report them. I know I do …

“Some say having a dark side will lead to no good … I certainly hope so …”

Posted by: Reigne Irkalla.4768

Reigne Irkalla.4768

Sorry for the late reply, but no, he wasn’t kicked at the last boss. He joined just after Lupi and only participated for the boss after that.

Thanks for the replies everyone

Reigne – Idyn – Ereskigal (IRKALLA) Rex – Giddim – Gilgamesh (NERGAL)
The Eternal Mist [THEM] We are currently recruiting!
Must love dungeons and have a sense of humor – pm me for more info :D

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Screenshot conversation with timestamps, block person, problem solved. If you done nothing wrong and can show what happen, you have nothing to worry about and no need to let that person keep on ranting in you chatbox