Info Request: Error 7

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aervius.2016

Aervius.2016

5 Month old thread and apparently people can’t read the FIRST POST.

Please go to https://en.support.guildwars2.com/ and use the Ask a Question tab to submit information to us.

Use this subject line: Error 7 Problems: Responding to Forum Info Request

Please provide this information:
•If you have a game account for the original Guild Wars, can you play it?
•Where are you playing Guild Wars 2 from?
•At what time and in which time zone do you play Guild Wars 2?

All of the reports will be examined by our Tech Support team and routed to our developers.”

That does not mean, use that format to post a reply detailing your issue.

Kolt – Human Thief
[NEX]
#swaguuma

Posted by: teladi.7913

teladi.7913

“Please go to https://en.support.guildwars2.com/ and use the Ask a Question tab to submit information to us."

This has been useless, they just can’t accept the fact that there are some server side issues.

Posted by: Phizeke.9536

Phizeke.9536

Its basically unplayable right now.

[hS] Sir Phizeke
Started on Jade Quarry since Launch now on Maguuma.

Posted by: Emoted Wolf.2583

Emoted Wolf.2583

If you have a game account for the original Guild Wars, can you play it?
— I do not have an account for the original Guild Wars.

Where are you playing Guild Wars 2 from?
— A small peninsula on the eastern side of Canada.

At what time and in which time zone do you play Guild Wars 2?
— 8:30pm, at -4:00gmt as a time zone. *When it starts crashing. Earlier than this and it seems fine.

P.S. I know it’s six months old, but the problem just got reintroduced. Have fun with all the questions until you fix it.

Posted by: openedge.8753

openedge.8753

Using this format and form got me in a discussion with tech support, which led to them telling me it was my ISP.

My problem is that this is totally the wrong answer.

When the issue happens, my wife, while playing, will get kicked…but, everyone else keeps playing along happily. Out of 3 PC’s, this one PC is the one that drops.

When this PC drops, it is usually in specific zones (where large gatherings of people are…). Malchor Leap was the worst, followed by Divinity’s Reach, then Lions Arch. Yet, she can play out in the field for hours with no issue.

And it is not always happening. One day she played in Malchors for an hour, with no drop. Yet, walking into the one town in Wayfarers that has the crafting stations (can’t remember its name)…dropped her within a minute.

As I previously posted here… one day I was playing in Malchors with my wife, and when she got kicked, I would eventually get kicked as well. Yet, I would be playing separately, and NOT get kicked…though she would eventually get kicked.

This is quite frustrating, as it is clearly on ArenaNets end…but, they are ready to blame it on our systems or ISP. I would prefer them to just gather the info and work on it.

Posted by: Jasonsmits.9687

Jasonsmits.9687

Can a admin please tell me why its my ISP while my laptop runs fine and my desktop keeps disconnecting?

Even when me and my girl play at the same time.. i get disconnected and my girlfriend can just keep on playing. same area in party and everything.

I think your servers have some sort of problem with the wifi-usbsticks… or can i be tottaly wrong? i do have a cheap one.. got the 100N from sitecom

Posted by: Areoh.7495

Areoh.7495

Posted by: openedge.8753

openedge.8753

Can a admin please tell me why its my ISP while my laptop runs fine and my desktop keeps disconnecting?

Even when me and my girl play at the same time.. i get disconnected and my girlfriend can just keep on playing. same area in party and everything.

I think your servers have some sort of problem with the wifi-usbsticks… or can i be tottaly wrong? i do have a cheap one.. got the 100N from sitecom

Interesting. I ALSO use a USB wifi stick. So, based on this, I looked at replacing the stick with another one I had just bought (updated firmware and is a Asus USB N13 B1…newer model) that I had been using in my music studio PC.

Was able to play all weekend with no drop (well, one weird one…but, not Error 7…was something called Network Error 1200 or something…but, only happened once).

I call that a win after the frustration of dropping over and over.

So, lets talk…who else is having this issue and using a Wifi USB adapter?

Jasonsmits.9687

I found another thing and i have been playing for more than 10 minutes now..

I found that my usb hubs were all on energy saving mode… I took them off it and now im on GW2 for longer than 30 seconds

EDIT:

You can try this by going to your device management selecting each usb hub and take energiesaving off at the energy tab

(edited by Jasonsmits.9687)

Posted by: Rich Beardman.4763

Rich Beardman.4763

I went through the tech support route. I was also getting serious lag at peak times so ran PingPlotter Standard which showed some major packet loss enroute to the NcSoft European servers. When I contacted my ISP, BSkyB, with whom I had an unlimited, supposedly unmanaged account, I was told that I was on Normal Profile and not Gamer Profile which would sort it out. Having never been told that the options were available I was pretty miffed and agreed to them putting me on the Gamer Profile so hopefully in 72 hours my problem will be solved.

Jasonsmits.9687

Interesting. I ALSO use a USB wifi stick. So, based on this, I looked at replacing the stick with another one I had just bought (updated firmware and is a Asus USB N13 B1…newer model) that I had been using in my music studio PC.

Was able to play all weekend with no drop (well, one weird one…but, not Error 7…was something called Network Error 1200 or something…but, only happened once).

I call that a win after the frustration of dropping over and over.

So, lets talk…who else is having this issue and using a Wifi USB adapter?

Oke i seem to have fixed my problem.

I just bought a 40 euro USB wifi stick.. my internet now runs 100 times smoother (not faster) with everything and i just played GW2 for about 5 hours on a sunday wich is peak day without any dc’s.

I went from a Belking 100N to a Sitecom 600N wich has a dual band wireless connection with my router..

I know you guys dont wanna spend another 40 euro’s just to play a game but trust me it enhances all your game and download experiences.

When i called my ISP earlier they told me to look at my router settings and look at the usage of device’s on my router and my phone was using 5 times the amount of internet that my computer took while playing TERA: Rising.

Posted by: Marott.2679

Marott.2679

I have fiber-optic internet and in my house is just a cable. So this solution is not suitable for me. Never had this problem before till Friday.

Posted by: xedeus.7091

xedeus.7091

Uninstall Panda Media Booster.

Just finished diagnosing this issue. This may be an isolated incident but I was able to recreate it. This could very well be the cause of your disconnections. Take note if you have other MMOs or MOBAs installed.

Symptoms:
Error 7. You lose connection to the game and it returns to the character select screen. Session can last anywhere between 1 – 20 minutes before disconnection.

Can also happen in other games. For example, Eve Online. Will lose connection (socket closed error) in a few minutes of gameplay.

Other related symptoms: YouTube, Vimeo, etc. will buffer videos and suddenly stop. Reloading the site being the only fix.

Issue:
Pando Media Booster.
This applet is installed with several other MMOs. Also installed with League of Legends (where I got it). It serves as a P2P downloader to facilitate and expedite patch downloads. Unfortunately, it keeps several connections open and can cause your service to shut off temporarily. Some ISPs only allow a certain amount of simultaneously open connections and will close any new ones that crop up.

Solution:
Uninstall Pando Media Booster after patching. If another patch is needed, most game launchers will reinstall it for you. If issues suddenly return, check your installed programs to make sure PMB is removed.

I duplicated this issue on 2 machines. Desktop with Win8 hardwired, and a laptop with Win7 on wifi. Both experienced the same exact issues with PMB installed. Also took the laptop to another house with another ISP, same issue.

Hopefully this helps.

Posted by: warrior shapper.6502

warrior shapper.6502

well its not pando media since it still happens when its not there
yes, i have an account and i can play if fine and dont get the error code or any lag
UK havnt had any problem playing the game from my Pc since launch or any where i have connected to since july 1st patch
All the time from anytime between 10 a.m till 3 .am Gmt +1 Uk time

Dream Rider [ART]
Art of Skills Desolation EU
Warrior shapper.6502

Posted by: Olmega.4965

Olmega.4965

1. no, I don’t own the game
2. I’m playing from the US and haven’t had any problems until really today but i had a couple of hiccups since the july 1st patch
3. I’m central time and i tend to play from the range of 5pm-12am though lately I’ve been playing more sporadically through the times. Today I started playing at 12pm and I started getting disconnects around maybe 2pm and now I can’t go 1min without it disconnecting.

Posted by: Eric.1806

Eric.1806

I’ve been getting error code 7:11:3:189:101 for several weeks now.

My toons are on the Ehmry Bay server.
I do not have a game account for the original Guild Wars.
I’m playing in Columbus, Ohio, USA.
I play on various days and times. I’m in the Eastern Time zone.

I’ve tried the suggested – “C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -clientport 80
I’ve gone into my router and set up TCP ports 80, 443, 6112, & 6600

The error persists whether I have a terrific wifi signal or not.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jonesster.6814

Jonesster.6814

SEROUS ERROR. This is getting so old@! This is about the 100th time its done that. Now its even downloading , but there’s nothing to download! Every time I have to wait like twenty minutes just to play.

Posted by: hiccups.3790

hiccups.3790

I’m getting the same now. Error 7 every 10 to 20 minutes.
Ticket Number: # 130731-002046

yours sincerely, hiccups

Posted by: hiccups.3790

hiccups.3790

I’m getting the same now, too. Error 7 every 10 to 20 minutes.
Ticket # 130731-002046

yours sincerely, hiccups

Posted by: Caideenah.1357

Caideenah.1357

“Please provide this information:
•If you have a game account for the original Guild Wars, can you play it?
•Where are you playing Guild Wars 2 from?
•At what time and in which time zone do you play Guild Wars 2?”

Yes, original guild wars runs fine.
Northern Kentucky, USA
I usually play on and off through out the day every day between 8:ooam EST and 1:ooam EST (-5 GMT)

I was online until I was kicked for the patch. My game auto reloaded and began to download.
Once the download was complete I logged in and went to my character screen, clicked my character and began to load. It stopped loading and I got an error code.
From that point on I had trouble getting to the character screen and was constantly getting Error 7.

Sometimes the character screen loads. When it does I have tried to load different characters in different areas.
None of my characters in Lions Arch will load.
I couldn’t get Queensdale to load.
And I could not get Holbrok to load.

The town loading screen will appear, then after a long load I will hear music. It will play music for about 45 seconds to 2 minutes and then another code will pop up:
“The game client is unable to access the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For addional support please visit http://support.guildwars.com
(Code=42:0:9001:4131:101)”

Now since coming to the forums to see if there were answers, my web pages are not displaying correctly on the guild wars site. I am not getting any images and everything is in very basic text.
ALL other websites are loading perfectly.

I have checked all my security programs, antivirus, and nothing has changed. I have toggled them on and off to see if it would make a difference, but with no progress.

Perhaps you could check your security settings at Anet to see if it is blocking us?
Thank you.

Also, when I load the site in FR it loads fine. It is only when I load the site in English that the HTML does not apply.

Posted by: soul.7925

soul.7925

playing from Israel
GMT +2

play time 20:00 – 00:00

got disconnected after 5-10 minutes

it kicks back to character screen

Posted by: kidd.3265

kidd.3265

-No
-Philippines
-any time of the day, GMT+8

I get the error when I’m stuck at caledon forest loading screen and enter the grove.

Posted by: markintz.9872

markintz.9872

I’m having this kind of problem as well. I can’t see the Ask a Question tab on the link so just like the others do, I’ll post it here.

- Yes.
- Philippines
- almost anytime to the point that it’s unplayable

Thanks in advance

(edited by markintz.9872)

Posted by: TheCrimzonJester.1943

TheCrimzonJester.1943

Curious Any one else ge the email to create an NCsoft main account, only to have it say password error, then suddenly have it delete your account?

Yeah, kinda hard to send a report to an area you cant log into. (I have done this with 2 separate email addys jsut to see if it was me.) So, now i have a disconnect error 7 that cant be sent due to a site that wont remember my password correctly, and wont keep an account active for more then a minute..

Attachments:

Posted by: vladracul.6798

vladracul.6798

ppl are just analphabet or what? is really annoying to read 4 pages of answers not requested HERE.

Posted by: michaello.5643

michaello.5643

Im getting disconnected every time i do quest Retribution on my engineer. I did some test which i attach. I already reset winsocket and repaired game client. Still nothing.

Posted by: Guimba.5869

Guimba.5869

So any explanation ArenaNet, about this insue??

Posted by: theMule.5307

theMule.5307

Don’t have an original guild wars account.

I’m playing from Evansville, IN

I play in the Central time zone, at all times.

It just started in the past 2 weeks.

Posted by: Dorkfish.8391

Dorkfish.8391

Don’t have one

Rochester, ny

EST and anywhere from 2pm-4am

Pikel Bolder
[ZoS] ~NSP

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Keep getting error 7s every 5 minute ever since recent patch. Our internet is flawless as well, new router, etc.

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: iced cooly.5794

iced cooly.5794

Finally found a forum thread for this. I have submitted a tech support request but thought id add to this thread to help keep the problem in the limelight. The game for me is now unplayable, after running the usual maintenance repairs that are advised I am able to log in and play for a short while but its guaranteed to crash again and when it does you simply cannot get back in, it seems especially worse if you character is stuck loading into lions arch.

Has anyone actually permanently fixed this issue, if so how? For me it started after the edge of the mists update.

1) I have GW1 but cannot login in because my log in details no longer work (think i need to recover the account, just havnt got around to it)

2) I log in from the UK

3) I play at all times of the day but most often between 18:00 and 00:00

Posted by: Matrixiux.3407

Matrixiux.3407

Finally found a forum thread for this. I have submitted a tech support request but thought id add to this thread to help keep the problem in the limelight. The game for me is now unplayable, after running the usual maintenance repairs that are advised I am able to log in and play for a short while but its guaranteed to crash again and when it does you simply cannot get back in, it seems especially worse if you character is stuck loading into lions arch.

Has anyone actually permanently fixed this issue, if so how? For me it started after the edge of the mists update.

1) I have GW1 but cannot login in because my log in details no longer work (think i need to recover the account, just havnt got around to it)

2) I log in from the UK

3) I play at all times of the day but most often between 18:00 and 00:00

Mate.. Spot on issue with me too. Lions Arch is what I cant even load up. Loads for 1 full minute or so, and then error: 7:11:3:189:101

Please someone help.. spent a full hour on searching for a solution.

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

Happening for me and my friend too, pretty much every 15 minutes or so. Trying to do Tequatl or other events is impossible/frustrating since the 2 hour wait might end up failing because of disconnect.

It’s been doing this for around 4 days now. It’s a lot better during morning/afternoon..but gets unplayable during evening. Like right now I’m getting disconnected every 10 minutes. Fun fun….
We’re both from Finland, and both on Underworld server….It can’t just suddenly be on our ends if it worked perfectly just week ago..

(edited by Kapina.9012)

Posted by: Aramey.3841

Aramey.3841

So what? One year has passes and no solution to this extremely sensitive connection system? I’m starting to regret that I bought this game month ago…

Posted by: Dantel.3086

Dantel.3086

I would really, REALLY love a solution to this. I can’t play at all during peak hours right now, I just get stuck on the loading screen and then disconnected. I’ve had a ticket up for 2 days and am still waiting on a reply.

Posted by: bersy.4501

bersy.4501

Having this issue as well

Posted by: KantidMM.6291

KantidMM.6291

Hello!
I had this problem recently. Previously, this was almost never. I go to the game, just stand and I get this error.
- Yes, I have the original game and account
- I log in from Russia
- I often play between 1900 and 2400 (GMT +3)

Thank you for your attention!

(edited by KantidMM.6291)

Posted by: Proxo.2351

Proxo.2351

1 PC, 1 ISP, 2 accounts – 1 account gets error 7 constantly, other doesn’t?

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Everyday I’m DEEE CEEEE-ing (Every day I’m Shuffling Rmx)

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

If you’re experiencing Error 7 and getting disconnected from the game, we would like some additional information to help investigate this bug.

Please go to https://en.support.guildwars2.com/ and use the Ask a Question tab to submit information to us.

Use this subject line: Error 7 Problems: Responding to Forum Info Request

Please provide this information:

• If you have a game account for the original Guild Wars, can you play it?
  • Where are you playing Guild Wars 2 from?
  • At what time and in which time zone do you play Guild Wars 2?

All of the reports will be examined by our Tech Support team and routed to our developers.

Chrome throws this link up as a possible scam site …

error 7 is back …

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Posted by: Proxo.2351

Proxo.2351

Error 7 for the last week, tried re-installing game, reset of ISP, port forwarding all the other poop in a shoe and nothing, now i understand why the game isn’t a monthly fee.

Posted by: echelon.9816

echelon.9816

I have the error 7:11:3:191:101. three characters load fine, two don’t who are loading into Gendarran fields. this is the only area I can find which I cant load into so now have two “stuck” chars.

Posted by: Sethren.8472

Sethren.8472

I also went to look for an “Ask a Question” tab, and I did not find one, so answering here.

Error 7 Problems: Responding to Forum Info Request

-Yes, but I am not using the account anymore. GW1 is not installed currently.

-Southern Texas, USA

-Throughout the day between 8AM-8PM Central (GMT -5)

I have tried everything that Tech Support suggests. Ports 80, 443, 6112, & 6600 are open inbound and outbound both in Windows and on my modem. Modem has been reset (before opening the ports). Antivirus Software was disabled to rule it out (still DC’d). Placed an exclusion up for GW2 in my Antivirus just to be sure (I use Avast, btw). My security settings in Windows have been lowered. I even tried lowering my graphic settings in game. Reset Winsock. All to no avail.

Interestingly, I am also on a WiFi connection (Netgear WNDA3100v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band), and my firmware is up-to-date. The error still persists although I do get a little more time to play before it crashes on me with an Error 7. I’ve gone from being kicked within 5 minutes to getting between 20 minutes to an hour of gameplay before it kicks me with an Error 7.

Chimeras Family – Korvaseth (Mes), Sethren (Necro)
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Sethren.8472)

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

Over the past couple of days I have been getting the error code 7 cannot connect to login servers during map transition. Playing from new zealand, playtime typically during late afternoon or evening GMT +12. No changes have been made to firewall or security software that predated these problems.

Posted by: Skullkger.2804

Skullkger.2804

been having this problem for over a year
-Nope

-Belgium

-In the afternoon/evening GMT+1

Posted by: Isa.8670

Isa.8670

hey I am getting the error always, every 10-30 min. i’m being disconnectect from the game

I dont have a guild wars account
I am playing from denmark
I play between 16:00-23:00 wekkends 12:00-02:00 (GMT + 1:00)

Posted by: Mystism.2530

Mystism.2530

can’t log onto any characters in Gendarren Fields, also stuck on load screens for 5min before getting this error, I am able to log onto any character not in Gendarren fields but get same error with those trying to log into a WvsW borderland.
I’m playing in the U.K or trying to…

Posted by: Maja.6372

Maja.6372

in the last days error 7:11.3:193:101 every now and then
be it standing around doing nothing or in fight
also in wvw today it gets pretty laggy even when we arent even above 50 fighting

kodash server connected from germany

Posted by: SykoSpear.5863

SykoSpear.5863

No I do not have a Guild Wars account so I can’t log in

I am playing from the United States

I’m in the EST (Eastern Standard Time) Zone

I love this game honestly but if I am going to be continually disconnected anywhere between 2 to 10 minutes after I log in and experience intense lag while playing between disconnects then we have a major problem. I keep receiving the Error Code 7:11:3:191:101 and I have done EVERYTHING I can possibly do to fix it but it won’t stop. This only started after the WvW point reset recently, up until then I had played with no lag or disconnects what so ever so something must have gone wrong during that patch.

Posted by: Witham.5621

Witham.5621

I do not own a original account.
Netherlands.
Daily- anytime.

I have noticed this daily error 7:11:3:191:101 code since the WvW update.
No problem before this update went live.
Sent a ticket, but you get the standard turn off all backround apps, and internet security BS in return.
Playing for more then a year now with no problems. it isnt my side i can tell you that..

Whith.