Ingame resolution

Ingame resolution

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Hello.
I find myself in a little inconvenient situation as when I was meddling a little bit with screen resolution in GW2 options, something went wrong and I was forced to close the game.
Once I tried to start it again, after pressing the “PLAY” button, the screen goes black as intended but then it drops me to my desktop, without even showing character selection screen. There is no information regarding an error of any sort. It all behaves like if I minimazed GW2, but I cannot get back to it.
My guess is that the resolution I changed might have done something that does not allow to let my game display properly, so my question in this situation is:

Is there some way to reset GW2 to default options through some other means, out of the game itself?
I wish to not reinstall it as yesterday It took a very long time for it to download, unless there is some way to reinstall without downloading GW2 again.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Ingame resolution

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

The folder %appdata%/Guild Wars 2 contains the local settings.
Try deleting it.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Ingame resolution

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

That, or you can use the Command Line Argument, -prefreset. Instructions found in the Wiki via the link above.

Good luck.

Ingame resolution

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Well I managed to fix that with Turamarth’s trick. Thank you very much

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.