Insane amount of lag

Insane amount of lag

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Drakeplann.5621

Drakeplann.5621

Hello, I’ve recently bought Gw2 about a week ago and installed it without any problems and continued to play it for about two days without and problems, but now everything is just horribly laggy, my attacks launch after a second or two delay, people and npcs teleport all over the place…

I tried many other online games that I have and they don’t have any lag whatsoever. Could anyone please help me? Thanks.

(edited by Drakeplann.5621)

Insane amount of lag

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

If you are getting a lot of lag, ask around the map your in if other people are having the same problem. This will determine if it is something on your end or their end.

I remember a while back that one of the servers had lag in one map and everyone was experienceing and the problem was an issue with the server itself and not players personal computers.

If its on your end check to see if your computer is running hot or if the fan is constantly on but your computer still feels hot.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Insane amount of lag

Drakeplann.5621

Alright I wanted to ask other people as you said, but now the game automatically kicks me out of the server as I join it.

Also I can play League of Legends, Battlefield 3 and other online games without any issues, just Gw2 acting strange.

Thank you for your help

If anyone has any ideas to what I can do please add them

Insane amount of lag

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

If you are getting a lot of lag, ask around the map your in if other people are having the same problem. This will determine if it is something on your end or their end.

It can lag for some players even though others are just fine, on the very same map. It’s something with their servers, and it’s been reported hundreds of times in different threads all over the forum here. Ping can be rock solid and low, and still some of us can experience lag lasting up to 20 seconds or more.

I’ve posted one example on yt, what it may look like when this lag kicks in:

Bad quality, but should still be quite visible at the end of the clip.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Insane amount of lag

Drakeplann.5621

This is exactly the type of lag I’m having, although the lag kicks in a bit more often

Insane amount of lag

Drakeplann.5621

Any ideas? Please?

Insane amount of lag

Posted by: Maz.8604

Maz.8604

Might be related to the new build. I’m having similar issues. Spells not casting properly and de-synching from the server. Hilariously, I’m trying to do Bad Blood and that’s probably the worst time for this to occur.

Oh well, another three months before I even think about recommending this game to anyone.

Insane amount of lag

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I’ve had lag issues since after Halloween, except I can stand there for half a minute before everything starts moving again.

I’m not really sure what’s up with that.

Benight[Edge]

Insane amount of lag

Posted by: Thesalesman.8350

Thesalesman.8350

Got some increased latency issues the last couple of days too and only in GW2. Other games are working fine as always but GW2 is stuck on relatively high latency (200-300ms) with sometimes a huge spike ending in a DC. Btw, playing on EU server, Seafarer’s Rest.

Insane amount of lag

Drakeplann.5621

Thanks for the responses everyone, I hope Anet look into this =/

I’m playing on Seafarer’s Rest Eu too. :o

Insane amount of lag

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Logged on to do some spvp last night and this kept on happening. Except it would lag like that and never catch up, and after a few minutes it would just crash

Insane amount of lag

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Oh wow.. 200-300ms would be a dream for me. >.<

My standard latency is about double this, without the added lag issues of late.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”