Just received Guild Wars Trilogy

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Chickenooble.5014

Chickenooble.5014

Hey everyone,

I just received the Guild Wars Trilogy (UPC: 875646000703) and I was hoping to tie the game to my ArenaNet account. It appears as if Guild Wars doesn’t recognize my GW2 Email/Password as my ArenaNet account.

Anyone have experience with this setup and account linking?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can link your GW(1) account with your GW2 account via the ‘My Account’ tab above. You will have to create a GW(1) account first, though.

Once linked, both account will use the same Account Name (email address associated with the account) and password.

Good luck.

Chickenooble.5014

Ah, gotcha. Didn’t know I had to create a separate account. Thanks for the knowledge. <3

Chickenooble.5014

So I just tried creating my account in the Guild Wars client. I entered my key, entered in my PII like name, address and whatever else, and then was asked to enter my e-mail address twice and a password twice. There were four checks next to the criteria on screen leading me to believe all was well, but I was given an error, “The password you have provided is incorrect. Please check your password and try again. (Code=011)”

I shouldn’t have an account or password for this game… so, what gives? Any ideas?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If that password has ever been tried before in Guild Wars, or is on the substantial list of blacklisted passwords, you will receive that error.

Try a different password; something you’ve never seen or used before, anywhere.

Good luck.