Lag Spikes / Increased Ping After the Patch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: yumedust.8596

yumedust.8596

I’m getting really bad lag/high ping as well I have fios internet my ping shoots up to 1,817 plus ms I never have gotten high ping spikes like this I’m norm at 50 plus ms I’m on the east coast in the US these ping spikes have been going on for almost a week now

Posted by: MissMajor.8290

MissMajor.8290

I’ve been having issues with Guild Wars 2 now for a few months now. Starting back when there were the several DDoS attacks I think. My internet isn’t the greatest by far, but I’ve never had issues with connectivity till after that point in time (and it’s literally only GW2, all my other games have no issues with latency at all). I’ve always been able to play this game with 50-200 ping, the higher of that being in blobby WvW moments. My ping was completely sporadic. I contacted my ISP several times and was sent a new modem, had techs inspect the wiring at my house (which was built ground up 2 years ago so all new wiring to and from the street) and nothing out of the ordinary was found.

For the last week and a half my ping had improved greatly and I was really appreciating being able to actually enjoy the game. I changed nothing at all whatsoever on my end of things. Tonight though the game was completely unplayable for me. I was running PingPlotter and it was showing 0-3% packet loss from my hops 1-8, then 9 is when the hops go over to NCSoft’s side. All hops from 9-14 show anywhere from 5-30% packet loss at random intervals. Tested on guildwars2.com and several in-game IPs. All which had packet loss. In-game was showing me at 50-100 ping, but characters were stuttering and porting about like I had 500+ ping. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

| WvW Junkie | Screenshot Enthusiast |
[Mada][KEK] | Maguuma

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Anyone else get weird pings such as this? The average ping in the picture below fluctuates and can be a LOT higher than the ping on the left… which doesn’t make sense to me.

Attachments:

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Anyone else get weird pings such as this? The average ping in the picture below fluctuates and can be a LOT higher than the ping on the left… which doesn’t make sense to me.

This is the same issue for me. It takes into consideration the AVG all the time. even if you have super good ping, I think the one on the (____) is the one that counts.

It also spikes super high in populated maps, even if you put character model limit into play

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Seems to be only certain ISPs, but definitely looks like it’s on the NCSoft end. Been like this for almost 2 months now and it gets worse during primetime. Outside of that, I’m perfectly fine. And everyone with the issue has no problems with other games.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Ok so i hope this isn’t a fluke or anything, going to play for a few games straight leading up to next week. This weekend will determine whether or not I lag :o

1.) Right click gw2 > Properties > add -dx9single in the target file.
2.) Properties > Compatibility for Windows 8 (only if you’re on windows 10)
3.) Run as Administrator [] checkbox enabled.

I’ll update this post this come Sunday/Monday.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Posted by: niat.8532

niat.8532

SEA area player here, ping is 1000-3000 now (normal about 250)

Posted by: Nekrohead.8413

Nekrohead.8413

Europe player here having the same Issues as most of you. Since yesterday massive lag spikes and loosing Connection to Game client.

Did everything: Client repair, router reset, open ports, pc restart, reinstall game etc.

Nothing helps at all and only gw2 is affected. Speed and Pingtest works fine as well other Games i hope we get an officiel response soon.