Lag Spikes on EU Maps (Latency)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Your bottleneck is marked as IP 89.149.164.42 on my connection route to your servers. This is my 7th hop, and the 4th-last hop before my destination IP. According to lookup, this IP is based in France. It is between my ISP network and NCSoft.

Please refer to my attached screenshot for the results of my test. The application WinMTR is a network diagnostic tool that repeatedly pings and monitors the live responces in real-time.

I did 50 pings to the GW2 server IP of 206.127.159.232 which is the IP of the map I experienced lag. This happens again on ANY map in HoT zones, and started happening for me today (02-12-2015).

I have rebooted my router, and this has made no difference. Below is some information about my connection.

ISP: Zen Internet (BT Wholesale Business Network)
Connection Type: ADSL2+ 21c Synced at 23.9Mbps (line length 172m)
Router: D-Link DIR615 v4 with DD-WRT firmware

Attachments:

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

I have a 60 MB internet connection and last night the lag was so bad the game/character commands would become unresponsive for up to 2 seconds during fights, I’ve never seen this before.

Rentapest.6503

And again today, the same node (89.149.164.42) is causing me to experience a huge spike in ping and latency!

I am in fractals today, with high latency.

Againt, please refer to the attached image for information on my route to the server.

Attachments:

Rentapest.6503

Ok, this French node that my traffic routes through is becoming rediclous now! Every day, any time of day, my ping is permanently high with huge skill lag because of this one node!

My connection is perfectly fine, until it hits the node (89.149.164.42) and then everything goes wrong!

Why is nothing done about this? Not even any replies to this thread, other than me complaining about this problem?

Again, please refer to the attached screenshot for connection details.

Attachments:

Rentapest.6503

So, I can work around this by using VyperVPN and bypassing this node.

Extremely annoying that I have to spend extra money just because of bad routing outside of my control, but whatever.

Great! I connect to my VPN, try log in … oh wait SMS authentication. And still waiting, over 15 minutes now for my SMS code….

So, instead of playing lag-free, I’m forced to use my regular connection and play with high latency because the SMS code doesn’t send and there’s no option to ‘resend’ the code! Why does A-net never thing ahead and add features like this? Why do we have to struggle for 6-12months a time before features are finally implimented that should’ve been there from the start??

This game really is becoming tiresome. I hate HoT, they’ve removed everything I enjoy from the game, not given my anything good for my Ranger and nerfed my damage and now connection issues too. Why do I bother?

/rant over

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Its NC soft that causing trouble.

Fix your servers.

Attachments:

Rentapest.6503

And again, this hop in my connection is causing me lag in the game! My ping jumps from a stable 30-40ms up to 160-300ms just because of this one single French node!

If I use a VPN on my connection, and bypass it, my ping is 40-50ms stable with 0% loss.

Again, the problem node is: 86.149.164.42

Attachments:

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

And again, this hop in my connection is causing me lag in the game! My ping jumps from a stable 30-40ms up to 160-300ms just because of this one single French node!

If I use a VPN on my connection, and bypass it, my ping is 40-50ms stable with 0% loss.

Again, the problem node is: 86.149.164.42

This node has nothing to do with Anet, its simply the route your connection uses. Its nothing they can fix.

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

I’m having lags too. Every evening around 8pm CET. The connection to GW2 servers just doesn’t work for couple of seconds, couple of times every minute. Which means you cannot play pvp or raids because you are just a dead weight to your team. It is fine in the morning and during the day…but try asking your guild to raid in the middle of the day…

So if your ISP tells you that they can’t do anything about it and ANet cannot do anything about it…who can? Do I need to change ISP every time I have problems with GW2 servers ?

BTW my ISP is O2 Czech Republic

Posted by: Haudruff.7804

Haudruff.7804

Have same issues. Reported in this forum, ofc nobody answered.

The problem is anets servers, if i spot packageloss, it is only at their place:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/pvp-unplayable-because-of-lag/first#post5888736

Hasn’t changed, can’t do pvp.

Anet “responds” (lol) show that they just don’t care.

(edited by Haudruff.7804)