Lag in primetime worse and worse.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

The lag created when a map is filled and there’s a queue,when 2 or 3 zoneblobs meet is worse than it ever was before.The game can be completely unplayable from 19:00 – 0:00 with a few moments without lag or spiking or teleporting around.

Is the lag worse because of the recent changes,where people already mentioned the stabi change increased lag because the server has to calculate more,doesn’t the server has to calculate even more without the condi cap now,thus increasing lag ? Is anything serious ever gonna happen to lessen this ?

Don’t expect me to lay down 40e for an exp pack when the only mode i still enjoy playing is WvW,and the times i can play..it’s usually unplayable for me,im only logging in every evening to further irritate myself of how unplayable and broken your game can be.

Posted by: splatticus.1278

splatticus.1278

They might be able to find some tiny optimizations to the condi and boon system to reduce processing strain, but I think we’re gonna have to get used to an increased amount of lag. The condi changes were the first step; before we know it they’ll add more boons and more condis with feature packs and expansions, creating even more lag every time until it’s nigh on unplayable. The GW engine simply cannot cope with the amount of information that wants through, and nothing shy of a complete redesign of it will ever fix things.

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

I can back that up, during prime time EU today, skill lag was huge, even with two way fights, something that didnt realy happen before. In 3-way fights, skills just stop working alltogether, similar to how it has been at the time map cap was lowered.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Look at the silver lining in this situation. Full map queues and blob fights just means this game is alive and well! Yay Anet!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

yaaa, I thought over time it would get better. Well at least we can see each other now, but what good is that if we can’t swing. Even trying to respawn is lagtacular.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

It just gets worse and worse, ever since the stab changes not saying its related but the timing is. Heck was soloing a camp last night, 20 people from my server ran in and right away my fps dropped and everything lagged, I was thinking to myself wtf is going on. They didn’t attack anything because I had killed everything they just ran inside and almost on cue the game just lagged. It gets to a point where it doesn’t even need to be one of those massive 3 way blob fights in one area to cause massive lag, it can happen at spawn, just running around solo anywhere anytime. The skill lag is horrible, I find myself constantly slamming down on my keys to desperately try to get my skills to work. A couple weeks ago I raged so hard I had to log off because I couldn’t help but start cursing in anger in ts and chat.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

The most anoying i Think is it is allways the heal skill that never work in lag.

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Not a Quote from Anet

Pre-purchase HoT and we promise to fix the lag “soon”

Posted by: melodian.9562

melodian.9562

Well, considering the “lagging issue” is the core determinant concept when it comes to selecting a mmo game to play, I believe GW2 has no chance with this lag on PK zones.

Dear Devs, instead of investing your time and money on new expansion pack, please focus on stability issues of the current game. I wish any of you would play for about five minutes in a WvWvW map regularly; not much, 5 minutes will do the job. Meh!

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

It’s a game wide issue. Was getting insane lag spikes in Straits of Devestation. It was so bad that i fell, didn’t register the damage, cut down a tree (and acquired the wood), then suddenly dropped dead from the fall damage. That was a good 6seconds delay, and didn’t seem to have interupted me harvesting which was the weirdest part.

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

it is terrible right now.. really.
WvW primetime is unplayable..
you must avoid crowded areas to be able to play.
that is not the way anyone should play a MMO.
for gods sake fix your server..improve performance..forget about adding professions…maps..skills anything..
first things first..
fix what you have..then bring something new to the table.
if you add more stuff to an already bad server.. you gonna make it even worse..
that is what you have been doing till now.. and guess what?? it is not working.
come onnnn

Posted by: Zurchin.8479

Zurchin.8479

its offpeak time right now for our servers in wvw and was lagging, others were lagging, played for about an hour and got disconnected, I didn’t bother logging back in I am just sick and tired of it. Cursed shore has been a lagfest of late as well. Im now of the opinion that either a. Anet doesn’t care enough about the issue or doesn’t want to spend the resources on it or b. they don’t know how to fix the issue so keep trying to sweep it under the carpet hoping it will go away or people will forgive the issue.

Zee Bear Claw [GLAD]
Aurora Glade

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Before, it was the really annoying skill lag. But since the last patch, now me and a bunch of guildies are getting frequent several seconds of lagspikes, getting out of sync and rubberbanding all around the map. And no, not a problem with the internet, as it doesn’t happen in other maps outside WvW.

And now we don’t even need a 3 way fight between blobs to start lagging. Actually, no need of fights at all. Just randomly, walking through the map, and getting huge lag spikes and rubberbands. The skill lag was really annoying, but now it becomes nearly unplayable.

Pumpkin – Mag

Caedmon.6798

its offpeak time right now for our servers in wvw and was lagging, others were lagging, played for about an hour and got disconnected, I didn’t bother logging back in I am just sick and tired of it. Cursed shore has been a lagfest of late as well. Im now of the opinion that either a. Anet doesn’t care enough about the issue or doesn’t want to spend the resources on it or b. they don’t know how to fix the issue so keep trying to sweep it under the carpet hoping it will go away or people will forgive the issue.

I feel u,i’m sick and tired of it aswell.I didn’t even bother logging last night..It’s gonna end up like this..Sit for 30 – 60m in a queue,get into wvw..Start lagging your kitten off straight away,get annoyed for another 30m while trying to accomplish something…And logg off due to pure frustration.

Posted by: este.8651

este.8651

The skill lag in T1 WvW is really bad. It seems to increase when certain guilds are on map.

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

and guess what??
nothing gonna change..the issue gonna go to under the carpet and “shh dont talk about it and it never happened”

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

The skill lag in T1 WvW is really bad. It seems to increase when certain guilds are on map.

I wouldn’t say guilds, more like when players are playing the game. When the large group of players from both sides clash is when the lag happens. Something with the game and or the servers cannot keep up with large amount of information. Sadly, it has been an issue since day one, but in different forms.

I kinda wonder if not being able to see the other players was better than seeing them while being able to do nothing about it.

lag in WvW is the sole reason why I dont promote the game to my friends anymore. I did when I was playing PvE to level my characters, but now that I mainly attempt to play WvW, I have begun to wonder why I come back to check if its better than before, it barely is.

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

In a game mode where literally a fraction of a second can determine if you live or die in a fight, it does seem a little strange that this isn’t a priority.

CCCP….

Posted by: Queen.1867

Queen.1867

lag spikes and a lot of disconnects make wvw unplayable, this happens not only during prime time, such a bad service

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

+1

I made a post myself, but in the wrong place:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Getting-a-bit-fed-up-of/first#post5249744

Someone is definitely reading these posts though, because my post was moved to here from the Discussion Forum… hopefully they can identify and fix the problem.

Cheers
~TG

Caedmon.6798

+1

I made a post myself, but in the wrong place:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Getting-a-bit-fed-up-of/first#post5249744

Someone is definitely reading these posts though, because my post was moved to here from the Discussion Forum… hopefully they can identify and fix the problem.

Cheers
~TG

Let’s hope so..i’m honestly unable to enjoy myself lately because of it,it’s really demotivating to even keep on trying at this point because i know when i logg in tonight..nothing has changed.

Posted by: Corvus.5836

Corvus.5836

Im in TTS and haven’t been able to participate in doing our daily triple decap (I do low settings now just in case) ever since the June 23rd patch. I disconnect every few minutes if the map population is high enough and have decided this morning I’ll be waiting to read the July 7th patch notes hoping for a “-fixed server crash”.