Latency/Lag for EU Players? [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

During a morning meeting, I learned that some players in Europe have recently been experiencing latency issues. I see posts in a few of the forums, so I’m creating this thread to try to gather and focus your input to help us analyze this issue. (If y’all can share the link to this thread with others, that’ll help us gather info more quickly. Thanks!)

If you’ve recently noticed an increase in latency or lag, please post in this thread with the following:

• Your location
  • Time and date of incident (plus time zone)
  • Game World
  • Brief description of what you’re seeing

(Since slowed FPS is a different issue and is not always related to lag, I will make a separate thread for that.)

Edit: Changing to “analyze” since when I write the six-letter wordthat starts with an “as” and ends with an “sess” I get kittenized. ~roll eyes~

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Raphael.9286

Raphael.9286

FYI: So far, information gathering has been performed by Evan in this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/MASSIVE-lag-spikes/first

In particular, necessary/helpful information to be reported is described by him in these two posts:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/MASSIVE-lag-spikes/4425831
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/MASSIVE-lag-spikes/4425968

Edit: And now that I’m no longer doing dungeons, I can even quote those two posts here for easier access:

Update on helpful information:
Trying using this command instead of a tracert, and PM me the results:
“pathping -4 -q 100 <ServerIP>”

This is most helpful if you do it DURING the lag spike!

Here are some more questions to answer if you are experiencing lag spikes:

1. Does the lag only happen while you’re in a PvP map? Does it also occur in the PvP lobby? Other maps?
  2. How long does the lag spike last? Does it ever clear up?
  3. Of your last 5 GW2 play sessions, in how many of them did you experience lag?
  4. Are there specific times of day when do or you don’t experience lag?
  5. When do you remember first experiencing lag of this severity in GW2?
  6. Do you also experience lag playing other games? NCsoft games like Wildstar?
  7. Do you live in NA or EU?
  8. Are you playing on NA or EU servers?
  9. Was your account ORIGINALLY created on NA or EU?

(edited by Raphael.9286)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Thanks for those links and quotes, Raphael, that’s very helpful.

My concern is that the post in the SPvP Forum may be seen by fewer people than a post here in Technical Support, which is the main channel for these issues. I am thrilled that Evan is looking into this, and I’ll edit my post to include a link to the SPvP thread.

I think info gathering here would be helpful as our TS folks will be watching for incoming reports. Definitely answering the questions from Evan Lesh immediately above this post would be helpful, too!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Raphael.9286

Raphael.9286

Thank you, Gaile! Couldn’t agree more as to the point of visibility. I don’t do PvP much, if at all, but so far it has been the only place where one of your colleagues has responded on the issue, so this is where feedback has been flowing so far. And with the prominence of a dev response, even quite a few pure PvE players have been drawn there. Once again, thank you for taking care of this and consolidating feedback. <3

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Your location: London

Time and date of incident (plus time zone): It currently happening over long periods of time. I started to play around 3:00 pm BST and until now I am having the problem.

Game World: NA – Ehmry Bay

Brief description of what you’re seeing: Skill Lag. I push a button and 1 sec later it is triggered. I run past objects when I try to pick it up. I also see many players offline when they are talking to me.

Posted by: LuX.5180

LuX.5180

Your location: Michigan
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) : Literally all day long, est time zone
Game World: NA Crystal Desert
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Skill latency and rubber banding where my game stops doing anything and then I watch a fast forwarded version of what happened the entire time my game stopped.

Been playing since betas and up until the past week or so I haven’t had any issues with anything.

EDIT:
1. Does the lag only happen while you’re in a PvP map? Does it also occur in the PvP lobby? Other maps?
Happens everywhere in the game.

Normally only lasts ~5 seconds, but occasionally get long enough lag that ends in a disconnect.
3. Of your last 5 GW2 play sessions, in how many of them did you experience lag?
All of them

Happens most often in the evening time, but does happen all day long.

About a week or so ago

I don’t play any other NCsoft games, but none of my other games or things like netflix have issues

NA
NA servers

Created in NA

(edited by LuX.5180)

Posted by: WhimsicalWalrus.9760

WhimsicalWalrus.9760

It’s not just EU players… in many of the links listed in the thread there are NA players experiencing the same exact issues. Anyways to answer your questions:
Time and Date of Incident: Ongoing/non-stop since the September feature pack (this is when the game became unplayable), however the latency has been prevalent since the DDoS attacks from a month or two ago
Game World: NA Crystal Desert, had the lag prior to the feature pack on Jade Quarry also
Description: extreme skill latency, rubber banding, lag spikes lasting about 5 seconds

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

I had posted about this issue at Game Bugs: MASSIVE desynchronized issue in-game

Since Tuesday’s patch the issue has gotten worse. The latency during Tequatl in Sparkfly Fen went up to 40 seconds. I literally had to predict by running and attacking ahead of time from the mass group of ~140 players, because the server is severely holding all that latency for my client. My connection latency to the server is only 300ms to 420ms when something like this occurs.

Granted I wish the server would skip some data to allow me to catch up to real time.

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

locatiom
Athens (Greece)

Time of incindet
random times during the day but mostly on prime time the game is unplayable
not only for me but for lots of players…usaly the map have lag spike at the same time and mass dc lots of times

Game World
Far Shiverpeak (my account created on diferent EU server)

What i see

usaly the map have lag spike at the same time and mass dc lots of times
we have lag spike for 5 sec +/- and then some of the players get dc
there is times that we get dc every 10-15min

When it start
after the last maijor patch

also i dont play spvp and sometimes that hapens on the pve maps also
also i dont play other games exept gw2 atm

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Time and date: every evening in WWW prime time EVEN if i play pve (mostly at 20:00 GMT+1)
Game World: Seafarer’s Rest
Description: In www primetime the game gets something like 1-2 seconds of latence poorly masked IN every part of the game openPvE dungeons and WWW
That means:
-skills/attunements change responds later
-you get hit even at half evasion, and you get hit before seeing the actual attack.
-rubberbanding: if you use a mobility skills you get teleported back and then forth.
-Party chat arrives even minutes later while local chat works (like during Karka and MAD KING in november 2012)
-frequent Dc of various players even in dungeons/fractals.
-Freuent freezes where every player in a dungeon freezes for 2-3 seconds (the local player can move but obviously is not considered by server).

Its clearly server side overload…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: fearscream.4057

fearscream.4057

Time and date: every evening before 9pm GMT+2
Game World: Ruins of Surmia

Description:
1-2 seconds lag on skill, in every game mode: WvW, sPvP or PvE
In WvW the lag is worse, experiencing 10+ seconds. It’s unplayable.

Object interactions and chat are also affected.

I notice that after 9pm the game is more stable.

Posted by: Miskar.6723

Miskar.6723

Doesn’t only happen during prime hours.

Your location: Finland
Time and date of incident: 7-8am BST+2
Game World: Gunnar’s Hold (EU)
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Rubber banding, skill lag, 5-10 second lag that freezes the whole screen, 2 DCs during an hour. Pretty much what’s been going on the whole week.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

I had posted about this issue at Game Bugs: MASSIVE desynchronized issue in-game

Since Tuesday’s patch the issue has gotten worse. The latency during Tequatl in Sparkfly Fen went up to 40 seconds. I literally had to predict by running and attacking ahead of time from the mass group of ~140 players, because the server is severely holding all that latency for my client. My connection latency to the server is only 300ms to 420ms when something like this occurs.

Granted I wish the server would skip some data to allow me to catch up to real time.

Had 2mins latency in wvw a few nights ago, needless to say I was dead when it ended. Has been consistently bad in wvw this week and even in unpopulated pve zones it can be very poor. Having the tp open may cause awful lag as well but anyhow I haven’t played the game much this month thanks to the broken tp that keeps crashing my game. Lag wasn’t so bad prior to the start of the wvw tourney and it’s gotten worse each day

Is another issue but I haven’t PvP’d for months, I won’t dignify it by calling it sPvP as it’s not called that in game, there is no non ‘spvp’ to differentiate it and it’s so imbalanced anyway. All the imperfections aside the main reason I don’t do it is because of all these stupid rank farms, I cannot find a 10v10 server that’s NOT a rank farm, I report these often but still they exist, nothing breaks a game for me like exploitation.

Posted by: Spalen.9483

Spalen.9483

Time and date of incident: 6pm-11pm GMT+8 everyday since feature patch
Game World: Stormbluff Isle
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Skill lags 1 to 2 seconds at underpopulated areas. Severe rubber banding and +10 second lags at crowded areas in WvW, and PvE world boss events.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Time and date: 2014-09-16 20:10 UTC
Game world: Kodash (lag/disconnect occurred in Fractals of the mist)
Description: 3 people out of 5 (all from germany w/ different internet providers – I checked!) got sporadic lags of 2-5 seconds while skills are spinning. At one time, the 3 were disconnected simultanously and were able to rejoin immediately.
On this run, I had no problem myself. But the other day same situation, different team members, and I was one of the 3 who had lags and were disconnected and were able to reconnect immediately.

Posted by: Grassrab.9302

Grassrab.9302

One specific example.

When: 2014-09-18 approx. 20:45 – 21:15 (GMT+1), Tequatl event
World: Gunnar’s hold

I entered the map at approximately 20:15 and did a few of the open world chests and some gathering without any lag. The map was already filled up for the tequatl event (atleast 75 players near the event site).
About 20:40 I joined the group at splintered coast. In that area I experienced some minor lag, this mainly showed as other players standing still for a short period (say 15 sec) and then my client would ‘catch up’ (al lot happened fast). In this time I was able to interact with banners, food etc. But for example interacting with a bonfire resulted in getting the buff but my character did not sit down, so I moved of and 30-60 seconds later my character did site down without being pulled back to the location of the bonfire.

When the event actually started the lag got worse. Initially hitting a weapon skill (any including 1) would delay a second or two and then play, but this got progressively worse where at some point skill would just blink and execute after a long delay. While this was going on I was moving through the map without experiencing rubber banding. Other players where mostly standing still but some did move (normally not in a straight line as if about to DC). Occasionally the client would jump ahead and parts of the interactions would execute. The health of tequatl did dropping slightly but not inline with what was to be expected based on the players present.

After several minutes (approx 5) I got a DC. In the last minute before the DC (while the client was lagging). I did join a party and the request was accepted, this UI interaction appeared normal and responsive.

After the DC I reconnected and was able to join the party in the correct instance again (took several tries). I got back in during the first battery defense phase and the lag was similar to when the event started (initially some skill responded al be it slowly, but that degraded quickly). The battery health bars where below 100% but did not drop noticeably while I was there. Atfer a few minute or so I DCed for the second time.

This time I connected again (from the characterscreen) and arrived in the same instance as the rest of the party. From this point on the lag almost immediately disappeared, I was able to complete the last two defense events and burn phases without any noticable lag.

On the map chat I did not see any other remarks regarding lag.

And again today (19th) 15:15-15:20.
Fractal Mai-trin fight.
Specifically during the cannon phase I experience lag which has been more common lately. Randomly the other players/NPC’s stop and 15-30 seconds later the client appears to catch up with events. Atleast one other party member was also experiencing lag spikes at about the same moment.

(edited by Grassrab.9302)

Posted by: Sir Auris.3476

Sir Auris.3476

Time and date: 2014-09-19 16:30-16:50 (GMT+1), Jormag Event
Game World: Kodash
Brief description of what you’re seeing: First everything was good. But then my skills just activated with a delay of a few seconds. Also other players seemed to run straight forward and then were moved back to their real location. During the Jormag Event the Lag got worse and the final result was a disconnect. After the DC I connected again. The lag didn’t change so I just stood at the area. After Jormag was defeated everything normalized. Ther was no delay and everything was fine again.

EDIT 1:

Frostgorge Sound
    5 to 15 seconds sometimes longer with resulting DC
    4 of the 5 last sesions had lags
    no
    2014-09-17 21:30
    In other games no. In Guild Wars 1 there are also lags
    EU
    EU
    EU

Also there was another lag issue
Time and date: 2014-09-19 21:30 (GMT+1), Molten Boss Fractal
Game World: Kodash
Brief description of what you’re seeing: The whole group had the problem of massive skill delays of ~5 seconds. Also people were set back to another position without after moving.

EDIT 2:
pathping in spoiler

C:\Users\Auris>pathping -4 -q 100 206.127.159.224
Routenverfolgung zu “206-127-159-224.ncsoft.com” [206.127.159.224]
über maximal 30 Hops:
0 Auris-PC-Win8.fritz.box [192.168.178.36]
1 fritz.box [192.168.178.1]
2 83-169-160-62-isp.superkabel.de [83.169.160.62]
3 ip5886db56.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de [88.134.219.86]
4 ip5886c0ff.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de [88.134.192.255]
5 ip5886c44e.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de [88.134.196.78]
6 ip5886ca50.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de [88.134.202.80]
7 ip5886ca19.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de [88.134.202.25]
8 hbg-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.9.13]
9 hbg-bb4-link.telia.net [80.91.249.202]
10 ffm-bb2-link.telia.net [213.155.135.20]
11 ffm-b11-link.telia.net [62.115.138.3]
12 ncsoft-ic-306349-ffm-b11.c.telia.net [62.115.43.74]
13 206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.86]
14 206-127-157-102.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.102]
15 * * *
Berechnung der Statistiken dauert ca. 350 Sekunden…
Quelle zum Abs. Knoten/Verbindung
Abs. Zeit Verl./Ges.= % Verl./Ges.= % Adresse
0 Auris-PC-Win8.fritz.box [192.168.1
78.36]
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% fritz.box [192.168.178.1]
0/ 100 = 0% |
2 13ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 83-169-160-62-isp.superkabel.de [8
3.169.160.62]
0/ 100 = 0% |
3 15ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ip5886db56.dynamic.kabel-deutschla
nd.de [88.134.219.86]
0/ 100 = 0% |
4 17ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ip5886c0ff.dynamic.kabel-deutschla
nd.de [88.134.192.255]
0/ 100 = 0% |
5 16ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ip5886c44e.dynamic.kabel-deutschla
nd.de [88.134.196.78]
0/ 100 = 0% |
6 19ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ip5886ca50.dynamic.kabel-deutschla
nd.de [88.134.202.80]
0/ 100 = 0% |
7 17ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ip5886ca19.dynamic.kabel-deutschla
nd.de [88.134.202.25]
0/ 100 = 0% |
8 18ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% hbg-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.9.13
]
0/ 100 = 0% |
9 17ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% hbg-bb4-link.telia.net [80.91.249.
202]
0/ 100 = 0% |
10 37ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ffm-bb2-link.telia.net [213.155.13
5.20]
0/ 100 = 0% |
11 27ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ffm-b11-link.telia.net [62.115.138
.3]
100/ 100 =100% |
12 --- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% ncsoft-ic-306349-ffm-b11.c.telia.n
et [62.115.43.74]
0/ 100 = 0% |
13 —- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127
.157.86]
0/ 100 = 0% |
14 —- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 206-127-157-102.ncsoft.com [206.12
7.157.102]

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

(edited by Sir Auris.3476)

Posted by: Eldareth.9063

Eldareth.9063

Time and date: 2014-09-19 17:38
Game World: Desolation

Description:
Playing World vs World, our zerg clashed with theirs. around 5 seconds into the combat stuff started slowing down, eventually disconnecting me completely. Returned at the back of the EB queue. Have also experienced extreme problems in sPvP and in PvE during evenings.

This happens at least once per gaming session…

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Oh yay! I’m glad someone is finally getting on this. Gaile to the rescue! <3

Here goes:

Your location – London UK

Time and date of incident (plus time zone) – varies, but the worst seems to be roughly between 7pm-3am GMT+1

Game World – Jade Quarry

Brief description of what you’re seeing

previously: DC’s and (some) skill lag and always during tpvp matches at a specific point in the match. Weird as heck :s
currently: bad skill lag between 1-10+ seconds- sometimes it’s so bad it looks like a dc before bouncing back. Most often and noticeably in pvp still, but happens in dungeons too. Sometimes things run relatively smooth though and the last few days it’s not been as bad.

Posted by: Aruka.7059

Aruka.7059

Time and date: every evening in WWW prime time (mostly at 20:00 GMT+1)

Game World: Ring Of Fire

Description: In www primetime (20:00-23:00) the game gets something like 1-2 seconds of latence, with spike lag of 10sec when there are many players in the same area.

That means:
-skills/attunements change responds later
-you get hit even at half evasion, and you get hit before seeing the actual attack.
-rubberbanding: if you use a mobility skills you get teleported back and then forth.

Clearly my connection works perfectly and all of these problems start after 9 September 2014, before all was perfect.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Time & Date (CET): All day, 24/7 since Feature patch. Latest at 6.40 p.m.
Game World: Seafarer’s Rest (but with Megaserver system, does it matter?)
Description: I will for the most parts run around doing my regular things, not feeling any lag, then suddenly, everything freezes, or rather I keep running in one direction if I’m moving, etc.—this can recover, but frequently results in a full disconnect from the servers, landing me back on the Character Selection screen. These problems has only started since the Feature patch on the 9th of September. For some reason it only seems to happen when I am doing something, e.g., using the Mystic Forge, engaging groups of multiple enemies. Not when I’m just standing idle doing nothing but gazing the beautiful world that’s been created. It’s not necessarily related to many players being around, since when doing Tequatl in a full “overflow”, I was able to stay online just fine without disconnecting. It’s spread out throughout the day, so I can’t really pinpoint it to a specific time frame. Anything else requiring a connection works just fine, TS, Skype, streams of music and/or game footage, etc.—It’s only GW2 that will disconnect. Usually during these periods of connectivity issues, a lot of players will show their discontent for similar experiences in the map chat as it recovers. “LAAAAAAAAAG!”

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

ISP: Canal Digital (Telenor)
Time & Date (CET): Constant, since the latest Feature patch.
Description: 2 to 3 seconds delay on most skill/utility, mainly while doing SPvP. Often followed up by at least 1 disconnect every half an hour. Game is pretty much unplayable at the moment.

~~Ayeres~~

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

- Europe, Netherlands
- Everytime I log in, morning, afternoon and evening. GMT +1 Timezone
- I believe it’s only WvW, Gunnars Hold server
- Lagspikes. Mostly I dc, sometimes I get lucky and I don’t, but then I’m often dead if I was fighting enemies.

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

NA, in WvW-Eternal Battlegrounds.. those 3-5 second lag spikes happened alot ran the pathping command like Evan suggested.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>pathping -4 -q 100 61.25.33.78

Tracing route to 61-25-33-78.rev.home.ne.jp [61.25.33.78]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
0 AW17 [192.168.0.109]
1 192.168.0.1
2 50.134.216.1
3 * 68.85.220.21
4 ae-21-0-ar01.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.179.213]
5 he-3-4-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.149]
6 he-2-8-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.218]
7 he-0-11-0-0-pe03.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.86.174]
8 ae-19.r07.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.66.29]
9 ae-2.r21.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.173]
10 ae-4.r21.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.25]
11 ae-6.r21.osakjp02.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.131]
12 ae-5.r23.osakjp02.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.144]
13 ae-2.a20.osakjp01.jp.ra.gin.ntt.net [61.200.80.134]
14 xe-4-1-3.a20.osakjp01.jp.ra.gin.ntt.net [61.120.145.18]
15 c4-t0-4-0-4.kb-dc.zaq.ad.jp [203.165.0.125]
16 110-134-112-233.rev.home.ne.jp [110.134.112.233]
17 111.87.252.213
18 118.152.254.153
19 111.87.252.158
20 203-165-18-222.rev.home.ne.jp [203.165.18.222]
21 * * *
Computing statistics for 500 seconds…
Source to Here This Node/Link
Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 AW17 [192.168.0.109]
2/ 100 = 2% |
1 43ms 8/ 100 = 8% 6/ 100 = 6% 192.168.0.1
0/ 100 = 0% |
2 51ms 5/ 100 = 5% 3/ 100 = 3% 50.134.216.1
0/ 100 = 0% |
3 35ms 5/ 100 = 5% 3/ 100 = 3% 68.85.220.21
0/ 100 = 0% |
4 24ms 5/ 100 = 5% 3/ 100 = 3% ae-21-0-ar01.aurora.co.denver.comc
ast.net [68.86.179.213]
0/ 100 = 0% |
5 22ms 8/ 100 = 8% 6/ 100 = 6% he-3-4-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.co
mcast.net [68.86.90.149]
0/ 100 = 0% |
6 47ms 2/ 100 = 2% 0/ 100 = 0% he-2-8-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.co
mcast.net [68.86.85.218]
1/ 100 = 1% |
7 50ms 6/ 100 = 6% 3/ 100 = 3% he-0-11-0-0-pe03.1950stemmons.tx.i
bone.comcast.net [68.86.86.174]
0/ 100 = 0% |
8 56ms 3/ 100 = 3% 0/ 100 = 0% ae-19.r07.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.n
et [129.250.66.29]
0/ 100 = 0% |
9 47ms 4/ 100 = 4% 1/ 100 = 1% ae-2.r21.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.ne
t [129.250.2.173]
0/ 100 = 0% |
10 95ms 9/ 100 = 9% 6/ 100 = 6% ae-4.r21.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.ne
t [129.250.4.25]
0/ 100 = 0% |
11 206ms 7/ 100 = 7% 4/ 100 = 4% ae-6.r21.osakjp02.jp.bb.gin.ntt.ne
t [129.250.2.131]
0/ 100 = 0% |
12 193ms 4/ 100 = 4% 1/ 100 = 1% ae-5.r23.osakjp02.jp.bb.gin.ntt.ne
t [129.250.6.144]
0/ 100 = 0% |
13 174ms 9/ 100 = 9% 6/ 100 = 6% ae-2.a20.osakjp01.jp.ra.gin.ntt.ne
t [61.200.80.134]
0/ 100 = 0% |
14 182ms 3/ 100 = 3% 0/ 100 = 0% xe-4-1-3.a20.osakjp01.jp.ra.gin.nt
t.net [61.120.145.18]
0/ 100 = 0% |
15 189ms 4/ 100 = 4% 1/ 100 = 1% c4-t0-4-0-4.kb-dc.zaq.ad.jp [203.1
65.0.125]
0/ 100 = 0% |
16 201ms 5/ 100 = 5% 2/ 100 = 2% 110-134-112-233.rev.home.ne.jp [11
0.134.112.233]
0/ 100 = 0% |
17 177ms 5/ 100 = 5% 2/ 100 = 2% 111.87.252.213
0/ 100 = 0% |
18 169ms 3/ 100 = 3% 0/ 100 = 0% 118.152.254.153
4/ 100 = 4% |
19 207ms 7/ 100 = 7% 0/ 100 = 0% 111.87.252.158
93/ 100 = 93% |
20 —- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 203-165-18-222.rev.home.ne.jp [203
.165.18.222]

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\System32>

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

Posted by: Vespero.6180

Vespero.6180

Your location – Italy
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) – The last week, more or less since the WvWvW tournament begins. GMT+1
Game World – Seafarer’s Rest
Brief description of what you’re seeing – Ping around 200 or 300 CONSTANTLY with no exception and random disconnection from game session down to character selection screen.
All the other games works fine, ping around 40 or 80(max) and not a single crash-disconnection.
Almost all my friends from Italy (guild and friends) lags and find it impossible to play, some exception tho.
We can see people teleport when they are just walking, dodgerolls sometimes makes 2 times the animation, mobility skills bring you forward and back at the previous point, leap works like s**t (you should really try to leap with 300ms) even acting with other NPCs generates problems—

Looks like 9/9 Feature Patch + GMT+1 is the problem here…

(edited by Vespero.6180)

Posted by: Nortodon.2015

Nortodon.2015

Your location: Italy
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): 22.45 GMT+1 19/9/2014
Game World: Seafarer’s Rest
Brief description of what you’re seeing: high latency in general during gameplay. Delay with skills.

Posted by: Withered.3918

Withered.3918

Your location:
Germany
Time and date of incident (plus time zone):
Since the latest patch, my video is from the 19th of September, 10 PM GMT + 2
Game World:
Far Shiverpeaks, lags occured on Desolation Borderlands in WvW (but I get them everywhere else, too)
Brief description of what you’re seeing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLp78ONtZPM&feature=youtu.be
rubberbanding, teleporting, massive freezes, up to two minute latencies..

Posted by: Couponlady.3149

Couponlady.3149

Time and date: 2014-09-19 23:45-23:55
Description:

Idling in Divinitys reach got me disconnected 8 times.

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

- Time and date: last few months in prime time

- Game World: Gandara

- Description: High ping only in GW2, around 300 ms, game unplayable, same for spvp, wvw and pve

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

Posted by: Winfer.7654

Winfer.7654

- Time and Date: The last week, more or less since the WvWvW tournament begins. GMT+1
- Game world: Seafarer’s Rest
- Description: around 300 ms or more; occasionally dc and freeze

Posted by: Nathil.4873

Nathil.4873

Time & Date (CET): Since the latest fgs nerf patch
Description: Skill delay 1-3 sec and sometimes just freez for 10 sec and then fast forward too present time

Game is unplayable atm.

Posted by: Ravanus.2543

Ravanus.2543

Your location: Poland
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): 2:00 AM 20.09.2014 GMT+1 I presume
Game World: Gunnar’s Hold
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Every player action except their movement stops. They run forward and don’t stop, nor change their path. After few seconds it disconnected me. When it doesn’t disconnect me I get fast forward in actions to present time in game.

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

San Jose, CA
Since latest patch
Maguma
1 second additional latency on skill activation. GAME IS UNPLAYABLE.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Camdal.6197

Camdal.6197

Server: Ruins of Sermia
Latest issue: Massive spikes (more than 5 seconds long) repetedly (more than 20 times/hour) between 20:00 and 22:00 (GMT+1) Yesterday 19th of Sept)
Map: EB, WvW
What I’m seeing: Characters running straight forward(or in whatever direction they were moving at the time) or getting stuck in attack animations. (one guardian did a pirouette sustained for over seven seconds, very pretty). When lag releases I either DC or get hit with all dmg + all healing, that I should have sustained, at once. On shorter lagspikes there’s a lot of rubber-banding where people move erratically over the map, jumping backwards up cliffs and so on.

Several other people suffered lagspikes at the same time.

This has been going on for a while and while manageable in PvE, it’s gamebreaking in WvW.

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Game Freeze (5-10 secs), random DC in PvE-CoF-p1, Black Citadel.
Live in EU/Hungary/
Acc. created in EU
Acc. now in EU
Server /ip during the laggs: 206.127.159.223:0

Pathping attached.

Another Server which lagging: 206.127.159.236:0

Attachments:

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Bubi.5237)

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Game freeze every single days.
In PvE, dungeons, PvP, EotM, WvW, …
Live in EU/France.
Account created in EU, never transfered.

Game freeze for 5-10 secs, after what :
- some times, the game resumes (every event having occured during the freeze are played in just 1 seconds)
- some times, it leads to a disconnection (7: error code)

Most of the time, the freeze / dc are shared with other players on the map ! (after the freeze / once logged back in if we have been disconnected, we chat and can see that some (but not all) players have been affected.

It seems to happen very often on events like Tequatl (but all in all it may really happen everywhere / on any kind of map).

It happens nearly each day.

It started (for me) around 2 months ago.
The gameplay experience is really bad due to this problem (in addition to client crashes, random disconnections).

Posted by: Dovahkiin from HighRock.4682

Dovahkiin from HighRock.4682

Your location : France
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) : everyday since one week, morning, midday, afternoon, evening night
Game World : everywhere, pve and wvw
Brief description of what you’re seeing :
– from 4 to at least 10s net lag then every packet come together (if i stop doing anything)
– disconnected if i fill the command buffer by moving launching skills .. etc

I’m not alone, about 8 ou 9 people disconnected 2h ago, lags now on wvw (i don’t fill the buffer, not caring for one more death because of lag … i’m just bored)

ed: having many lags on wvw now. it feels like you diconnected machines from gw2 servers cloud and there’s not enough resources.

ed2: 1am here still disconnected after big net lags, i’m not the only one being disconnected…

(edited by Dovahkiin from HighRock.4682)

Posted by: Dimos Avergis.1864

Dimos Avergis.1864

My problem atm is this NCsoft server IP: 206.127.157.102

Up to 75% packet lose on that server, game (especially WvW) is unplayable in EU primetime (20:00+ GTM)

Just senseless to play a game with 30 -40 seconds skilldelay/froze and randoms DC’s all few minutes.

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

on server IP 206.127.159.236:0 riverside is currently playing on kodasch borderlands and the game is freezing and people get disconnected and land on character selection screen then. seems not to happen to all though some keep ingame.

last time happened ~ 23:50 UTC+1

we where fighting zerg vs zerg when the character stops to react on skillbar commands and people count down on teamspeak until drop off to character selecton screen.

i cant say that there is any lag which announces the drop off. it suddenly happens for me but then completely.

happened twice now within ~45 minutes.

huge lag i experienced yesterday (Friday at around 18:00-19:00 UTC + 1) when a part of german community went to do the worm event in bloodtide coast. the lag appeared for the people at amber wurm only. the groups of the other 2 wurms could not acknowledge the lag attacks.

at amber wurm though the people responsible to apply conditions onto the husks reported that they could not apply any conditions properly as the husks teleported around due to lag and the run failed.

i keep having a look at the wvw borderlands now,

EDIT:
09-21-2014 00:37 utc+1 again the wvw sudden lag and drop off.
error code is: Code=7:11:3:191:101 (screenshot of error code in attachment)

Slate

Attachments:

let me entertain you

(edited by SlateSloan.3654)

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Time and date: September 21 @ 7:40 AM (UTC +3)
Game World: Blackgate
Description: 64.25.33.80 Harathi Hinterlands. I was in a mass group when the game would not keep my game client in real-time battles. Over 60 seconds of latency from the server experienced. My connection latency is only around 300-450ms, so all this “queued data” is coming from the server time. This cause me to appear way behind from everyone elses and not allowing me hit Modniir Ulgoth and his mobs when I’m standing and attacking right infront of them on my screen.

I did not experience this massive latency prior to the game update last Tuesday (September 16).

(edited by Geekfox.4267)

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Massive lag for me in West Australia right now.

Location(s): Taidha, Megadestroyer, Fire Elemental.
Time and date of incident: 2 PM to 3 PM +8 GMT (6-7 AM server time)
Game World: Sea of Sorrows, current map IP: 64.25.33.71
Brief description of what you’re seeing:
Three world bosses in a row, as soon as the event starts all skills stop working and I get disconnected. After re-logging, any skill activations are taking several seconds.
I have power cycled my adsl modem just to make sure, and received a new IP from my ISP. Last fire elemental attempt I turned all graphics details to lowest possible and the lag was still present.

I must say jumping into the Steam Ogre’s portal was an exercise in brain concepts. When jumping in, I landed.. then lagged back into the air.. then sprung back into the air again.. and again, and again. So much so it hurt my brain
EDIT Contacted my ISP after a few more tests.. confirmed by a local forum that it wasn’t just me.. ISP found had a router going nutso, which they rebooted and all came well again

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

(edited by biofrog.1568)

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Hi Gaile! Sadly I’m having this as well. 4th DC this morning.

1. Location: EU\Hungary\Budapest
  2. Time and date of incident (plus time zone): GMT+1 7:30-9:09 & Continously
  3. Game World: Piken Square
  4. Brief description of what you’re seeing: What moves still moves but doesn’t updating, what stands still stays, everything that can be activated by pressing a button or click doesn’t react, hangs for like 7 seconds and then it DCs with the error message posted many times above.
Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

Your location: Germany, Darmstadt (ISP: Telekom)
Time and date of incident: anytime (varying severity, though), most sever between 5pm and 02am CEST. Also now (~11am CEST)
Game World: Kodash (mostly playing WvW, but also noticable in PvE and sPvP)

• Frequent rubberbanding / warping of other players and NPC
  • spell and effect delay: between ~0.2 and sometimes up to 5 seconds, sometimes skills won’t activate
  • getting hit / interrupted during evade frames: e.g. in the middle of burning speed (50% of the fire fields already on the ground, no shocking aura involved) or just at the beginning or end of a dodge roll
  • sometimes getting affected by effects even if a skill was successfully dodged (e.g. blind from Shadow Shot even if the projectile was evaded as can be seen on the screen and in the combat log). This is very rare though
  • async animations + effects: damage or effects are applied prematurely compared to the animation state (I’ll make a video if I remember to hit the record button sometime)
  • often “out of range” and “obstructed” notification even when the foe is in plain sight and in range

btw: Already checked and swapped network interfaces and gateway on my side, tried different computers and operating systems, opened a ticket with Arenanet support (everything seemed normal), tried a custom VPN connection and contacted my ISP, which couldn’t detect any faults on the line.
Unfortunately nothing of that was of help. Friends on the same ISP (but in different locations) don’t experience those issues, though.

Sample pathping to the WvW server I was connected some minutes ago, experiencing severe lags:

>pathping 206.127.146.85

Routenverfolgung zu “206-127-146-85.ncsoft.com” [206.127.146.85]
über maximal 30 Hops:
0 Hebe.fritz.box [192.168.42.103]
1 fritz.box [192.168.42.1]
2 87.186.224.87
3 87.190.174.134
4 f-eb7-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE [62.154.16.182]
5 80.157.129.70
6 ae5.XT2.FFT1.ALTER.NET [146.188.6.105]
7 ae1.GW8.FFT4.ALTER.NET [149.227.16.54]
8 213.71.135.138
9 206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.86]
10 206-127-157-102.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.102]
11 * * *
Berechnung der Statistiken dauert ca. 250 Sekunden…
Quelle zum Abs. Knoten/Verbindung
Abs. Zeit Verl./Ges.= % Verl./Ges.= % Adresse
0 Hebe.fritz.box [192.168.42.103]
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% fritz.box [192.168.42.1]
0/ 100 = 0% |
2 16ms 1/ 100 = 1% 1/ 100 = 1% 87.186.224.87
0/ 100 = 0% |
3 18ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 87.190.174.134
0/ 100 = 0% |
4 22ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% f-eb7-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE [62.154.16.182]
0/ 100 = 0% |
5 —- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 80.157.129.70
0/ 100 = 0% |
6 25ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae5.XT2.FFT1.ALTER.NET [146.188.6.105]
0/ 100 = 0% |
7 20ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae1.GW8.FFT4.ALTER.NET [149.227.16.54]
2/ 100 = 2% |
8 42ms 2/ 100 = 2% 0/ 100 = 0% 213.71.135.138
98/ 100 = 98% |
9 —- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.86]
0/ 100 = 0% |
10 —- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 206-127-157-102.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.102]

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

Addendum: I recorded the traffic on my local network device with libpcap and filtered for traffic from and to the game servers. There were lots of TCP retransmissions for the server side and many DUP-ACK from client to server. I currently don’t have time to look into this, but it’s obviously not working as intented… The pcap file is ~7MB in size (unfortunately can’t give you the filtered version because Wireshark can’t interpret the stream correctly without previous packets). If a dev is interested in it, I can upload / mail it to you.

Filter is: “(ip.addr==206.127.0.0/16) && (tcp.analysis.retransmission ||
tcp.analysis.fast_retransmission
|| tcp.analysis.duplicate_ack)”

Attachments:

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

(edited by maeggle.6021)

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Your location: Sydney, Australia

Time and date of incident: Anytime. Worst is middle of the night Pacific Time, like 11pm-5am (UTC-8).

Game World: Fort Aspenwood (mostly playing WvW, but also noticable in PvE and sPvP)

Frequent rubberbanding / warping of other players and NPC

spell and effect delay: between ~0.2 and sometimes up to 20 seconds, sometimes skills won’t activate

async animations + effects: damage or effects are applied prematurely compared to the animation state

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Time and date: 19:00-23:00 UTC, 2014-09-20
Game world: Kodash. Open world PvE and WvW (edge of the mists)
Description:
Several 2-5 second long lags (skills are spinning, other characters stop doing anything, are running into walls) that either ends with a fast forward of all actions that happened during the lag or with a disconnect.
I had 3 or 4 disconnects this evening. A fellow in Teamspeak mentioned 8 disconnects (she was only playing PvE, no WvW).

Posted by: Iliery.1678

Iliery.1678

Location Germany/Kabel Deutschland
Time 16:18 CET
World Desolation

IP 206.127.159.214:0

When near larger amount of players (about 20 as far as I can tell), getting massive network lag (It’s definitely not graphics related). I only play WvW, so I don’t know if it’s anywhere else.
Skills not working, dodge bar not emptying, rubberbanding, yadayada
Everything working fine again once the players leave the area. Can’t leave area myself, since I can barely move around.

Posted by: Das Grauen.6285

Das Grauen.6285

Time :16:54 CET
World : Kodash

Massiv lags game freeze and sometimes d.c´s … open world …

Posted by: Sebbl.2806

Sebbl.2806

Location?
- Germany / Deutsche Telekom

Time?
- Almost every time of the day, for several months now

World?
- Riverside

What I’m seeing?
- After a bit of playing (~30 seconds up to 10 minutes) I get massive lag, players running against walls, skills not working – the usual stuff. And then, the inglourious code 7(…) appears most of the time. Sometimes I get back to the character selection and sometimes GW2 just kicks me out completely and shows me the client.
Game mode doesn’t matter.

Posted by: Tom Deluxe.9105

Tom Deluxe.9105

Your location:
Barcelona, Spain

Time and date of incident (plus time zone):
17:20 21/09/2014 CEST (UTC +2)

Game World:
Baruch Bay

From time to time the skills i use doesn’t execute. They skills picture blink for a few seconds till they finally execute or the game just sends me to the character screen with an error i cannot remember.

The ip of the server is 206.127.159.231

P.S.: this hasn’t happened to me just now, i’ve also had this issues since you had the DDoS attack to your servers a few weeks ago. It’s like if you implemented some kind of measure to not let DDoS attacks happen again but they’re affecting users too. Just guessing

(edited by Tom Deluxe.9105)

Posted by: mynom.6209

mynom.6209

Time: 2014-09-21 17:00
World: Riverside

Looks exactly like Withered.3918 Video