Gameworld: Fort-Aspenwood
Description: Skill Delay, Rubberbanding, Skills not working

Elixeyü [Champion Lagger]

Latency/Lag for EU Players? [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Token.5098

Token.5098

Your location: Brussels, Belgium
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): GMT+2, Mainly during the evenings. 21:00 and on.
Game World: Far Shiverpeaks
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Rubberbanding, skill delay. It usually doesn’t last too long but it happens often. It mainly ends when I relog or get a dc.

Posted by: Hawke.6943

Hawke.6943

Time and date of incident (plus time zone) : 27,28,29,30 of October . Every night time from 19:00 to 00:00 GMT+2
Game World : Seafarer’s Rest
Description:
5 to 10 input skill lag.. 50% chance to occur when Im just walking

Lag Occurs 100% every time i start combat. 5 sec input skills lag..Even when there is no zerg arround

Desolation ( EU )

(edited by Hawke.6943)

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

is it like this for NA players …. or just the EU ?

Posted by: Fumooz.4759

Fumooz.4759

Your location: Finland
Time and date of incident: Almost everyday 18:00-22:00 (GMT+3)
Game World: Seafarer’s Rest
Brief description: Rubberbanding, skill delay or getting disconnected.

Posted by: BugsBanni.1397

BugsBanni.1397

Hi, thanks for opening this post up, this lags really suck

Date and Time: Yesterday around 5-6pm(gmt+2) and the last weeks mostly at evening
Today at 23:00 DC in Arah

Arah(yesterday), Cursed Shore, WvW(Kodash&Enemy Borderlands), Fractals

For Arah for example: I am fighting Lupi, get kicked away from his kick, and a few seconds later he’s the kicking animation, or the worm(or how it is named in english) is on me and a few secons later he has that animation for the worm attack.

(edited by BugsBanni.1397)

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Your location: Romania
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): 22:30 pm (CET+1)
Game World: Gandara
Brief description of what you’re seeing: I was doing a string of dungeons with my usual party. First few were fine then went to AC and kept getting freeze frames for 5-10s during the boss fights, one resulting in a DC. Typical lag behaviour, seeing characters stop, seeing them run in a pattern, skills in bar getting locked but flashing. Game was working fine prior to last night’s patch. Briefly had issues with it again this morning, while running mats in Orr.

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Time and date of incident (plus time zone): since friday 26 Sep, every evening from 19:00 to 00:00 GMT+2
Game World: Ring of Fire
Description: packet loss (blinking around, skills not activating) and random disconnections from the game. This applies to both WvW and PVE megaservers.

Posted by: Yamanelow.2836

Yamanelow.2836

Your location
France

Time and date of incident (plus time zone)
Between 8pm and 11/00pm GMT+2

Game World
Far Shiverpeaks

Brief description of what you’re seeing
Skills unusable, so called “freeze” i.e. players runing straight in their last known direction and then either disconnected or can play again with a replay of the freezing period in fast-motion.
But sometimes during the freezing period I can talk in guild/group chat “in real time”, recieving answers from mates but nothing else.

Does the lag only happen while you’re in a PvP map? Does it also occur in the PvP lobby? Other maps?
Wvw maps and dungeons for sure. Haven’t tested sPvP.

How long does the lag spike last? Does it ever clear up?
Usually between 5 and 10s but sometimes up to 1mn

Of your last 5 GW2 play sessions, in how many of them did you experience lag?
3 sessions

Are there specific times of day when do or you don’t experience lag?
I play 90% of time during evening between 20h and 00h so I can’t tell for other times of day

When do you remember first experiencing lag of this severity in GW2?
About 2 weeks ago

Do you also experience lag playing other games? NCsoft games like Wildstar?
Only playing GW2 currently

Do you live in NA or EU?
EU

Are you playing on NA or EU servers?
EU

Was your account ORIGINALLY created on NA or EU?
EU

Posted by: Andrea.4251

Andrea.4251

Curious to see if people are seeing server lag in the past couple hours. We made some backend changes this evening and it should solve a lot of the really long lag issues people were seeing, including an issue that came up where certain players would cause any map they join to lag.

-Bill

Based on my experience, your latest changes didn’t work at all… The game is no longer playable to me, sadly I’m serious.

Your location: Italy
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): Whenever I play, usually from 18:00 to 22:00 CET, since latest (9/9/14) patch. I only play WvW in regular Borderlands (No EB), I never play PvE.
Game World: SFR
Brief description of what you’re seeing: I experiences a severe skill delay (2+ seconds) and occasionally a long (5+ seconds) freeze followed by a fast forward period where everything happened during the freeze shows up on my screen.
Things get worse with a large amount of players in the vicinity.

I tried to change some NIC settings, but I got no results…

Posted by: Drynn.3610

Drynn.3610

Your location: Near Paris, France
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): GMT+2, during the evenings (21h00 to midnight, my usual play time)
Game World: Ring of Fire
Brief description of what you’re seeing: all occuring since the 09/09 patch :

• skill delay in some PvE maps/instances (around 5s constant lag, with 20s+ spikes every few minutes ; when it occurs, it’s constant on the map i’m on until changing maps or sometimes stops after several minutes) ; happens around 1 time per day in open world map and for at least 1 dungeon run per day
  • skill delay in sPvP (half of my soloQ matches had a 1 to 2 s skill delay, i stopped playing PvP a few days after the 09/09 patch as it was unplayable)
  • skill delay in WvW (same rate than in PvE ; same effet : when it happens, effects are for all players on the map, as people complained about it in team chat and server Teamspeak ; one time it occured on a wvwvw borderland map, when input lag stopped after 20 minutes, every action was twice as fast for 5 minutes)
  • server disconnection for whole party : begins as a long lag (input stop having effect, party members running into walls or falling from cliffs), then every one is booted out of instance ; happened for several fractal runs (1 time just as we were finishing last boss) and as whole party is kicked, it destroys instance and progress (i lost several hours of play like this).

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Not in EU but I also have major latency issues. Before the balance update, my FPS was very stable no matter how populated the area was. Now, after that update several weeks back, my FPS jumps anywhere from 50-15, just back and forth. This causes my game to seem as if it is freezing for a millisecond over and over and over. Occurs most in Lions Arch and any WvW map.

Server: NA, Yaks Bend
Time: Only dependent on population of the area I am playing in.

Posted by: FallenSentinel.6439

FallenSentinel.6439

Your location: The Netherlands.
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): Since 30/9/14, around 4 PM, GMT+1
Game World: Henge of Denravi
Brief description of what you’re seeing:
I click an ability, It activates 2-3s later.
I try to take an item from the floor, It gets picked up 2-3s later.

Posted by: Gingook.2971

Gingook.2971

Time/Date: Happened over the past few weeks, latest incident was 30th September from 11:30 pm to 12:15 am (the next day)

Server: Seafarer’s Rest

Brief description of what you’re seeing: It was while I was waiting for the Tequatl event… I was getting spontaneous disconnections (back to the character select page). About 1-3 minutes before the event, people started rubber-banding and disappearing. During the Tequatl event, I was disconnected once in the same manner as before (but was thankfully in a party). Also, I noticed that when Tequatl hits his hand, the wave appears about 5 seconds after he does that, even though I get knocked back by his wave even though it hasn’t reached me.

- When I had time to run dungeons (about 2 weeks ago), I used to get about 2-3 lag spikes lasting 30 seconds long in Twilight Arbor (forward path) and Cidatel of Flame Path 2 dungeons only. This is most frequent at reset for some reason.

I have an alt account on Northern Shiverpeaks.

The lag started a bit before the EU account, since 3 weeks.

The lag is greater than EU and there is also a skill lag of about 5 seconds on average (2 seconds on a good day).

Posted by: NineEyes.1526

NineEyes.1526

Time and date: 5:30 pm CET / 8:30 AM PDT
Game World: Gandara
Brief Description: I was mapping Gendarran Fields, at some point around halfway through my skills started lagging when firing, with lag spikes upwards of 5 seconds, eventually timing out with an error 7.

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

Your location: Spain
Time and date of incident: Right now, 19:50 CEST
Game World: Baruch’s Bay
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Lag, skills do not activate, rubberbanding, teleport skills don’t work, people running against walls. Other online services work flawlessly.

Posted by: Fyrilin.2574

Fyrilin.2574

Time and Date: appx midnight, Oct 1 (last night) Eastern time
World: Jade Quarry
Description: Flashing skills, other players either running in a straight line or standing still, enemy (I was doing tequatl) not moving.
Extra information: I performed a speedtest shortly after midnight and I was consistently at 50Mbps up and down but when downloading the game update at about 8:30 EST on 9/30 the download speed would oscillate between 4Mbps and 0.3Mbps. I don’t know if these are the same servers but it seemed odd so maybe it will help.

Posted by: ladyosira.9563

ladyosira.9563

Time zone: EST
Time and date of incident: Intermittently, every day, since the implementation of the feature patch. It occurs more commonly in the evening hours after 8 p.m. but is not limited to these times.
Game world: Fort Aspenwood
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Skill latency and rubberbanding (often lengthy: 30 seconds to 1 minute); occasional significant lag, especially in higher population maps; frequent disconnects
-The lag happens equally in PvE, PvP, and WvW maps. I have not noticed it in the PvP lobby, as I usually just stand in place until my next match is ready.
-Skill latency, rubberbanding, and lag spikes can last anywhere from 10 seconds (minimum) to over 1 minute. They usually clear up, though they sometimes result in client disconnects.
-I experienced lag during all of my last 5 Guild Wars 2 sessions.
-I experience lag at all times of the day, but it occurs more commonly in the hours between 8 p.m. and 12 a.m. EST.
-I first began experiencing lag of this severity the day that I downloaded the feature patch.
-I do not typically experience lag playing other games. When I do, it is usually minor. I do not play any other NCsoft games.
-I live in NA.
-I am playing on NA servers.
-My account was originally created on NA.

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

Time & Date:
2014-10-01, ~21:00 CEST

Game World:
Abaddons Mouth (Server at that time was: 206.127.159.224 / EotM)

Description:
Skill lag, looked like other players just ran away in straight lines just to reappear somewhere else, etc. → according to the chat, lots of people had lag at the same time.

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

Your location: USA
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) 10/1/14 2:20 PM CST
Game World: Tarnished Coast
Skill delay, rubberbanding, disconnection

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

• Time and date of incident (plus time zone)
    Continuously. Delays happen once every several minutes, for 1-3 seconds. Especially in WvW, dungeons, PvP and activities, in that order, PvP and activities being the worse offenders.
    This usually never happens in solo instances, or when I was the instance creator (the world shown in the party member’s portraits will be “Baruch Bay”). Checking the resource manager for latency, latency never goes over 250ms in those cases. Not even a minor lag hit. Not even once.
    There’s only one exception to that: if one single party member if playing from South America, I will have to leave. The game becomes unplayable. “Once every everal minutes” becomes “once every 15-60 seconds”, “1-3 second freezes” become “3-6 second freezes”. It won’t matter if it was me who started the instance.
    Time zone is “Europe/Madrid” (CEST, or UTC+02:00)
  • Game World
    Baruch Bay.
  • Brief description of what you’re seeing
    Things go slower than they should for less than a second, then keep going asynchronously (people keeps walking to walls) for 1-3 seconds, then the client catches up, resyncs and everything that was delayed happens followed by new actions, withing the next 1-5 seconds.
    Checkin the resource manager for latency, it can get to over 3000ms.
    Lag often happens to other players too, with some exceptions of players that never get lag and use that to their advantage to defeat lagging players easily.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Davda.5369

Davda.5369

Time: for the last two weeks, mostly around 22:00 CEST
World: Far Shiverpeaks
Description: mostly my session starts of fine, afer 1-2h i get a little latency wich increases from .5 sec to about 2-3 sec within 30 minutes. at this time i get 15-20 sec lag spikes along with the 2 sec latency. usual stuff, skill lag, inventory lag, cant use portals in WvW, many small 5 sec lags after which the game catches up again etc

Does the lag only happen while you’re in a PvP map? Does it also occur in the PvP lobby? Other maps?
Any Map, relogging doesnt help, restarting my PC doesnt help

mostly about 10-15 sec, 90% clears up afterwards, 10% leads to DC

5/5 (also 20/20 for that matter)

seems to get better after 03:00 CEST, mostly seems to start around 22:00 CEST

had random spikes about 1/month for a long time, the constant lag started about 2 weeks ago

no lag in any other game i have played (no NCsoft though) also no other problems with my internet connection

Do you live in NA or EU?
EU

EU

EU

Posted by: The Lethe.2953

The Lethe.2953

Your location Fargo, ND
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) All day, every day
Game World Blackgate
Brief description of what you’re seeing Near constant 1-2 second delay of all game skills/interactions
Duration On and off the last few months, most problematic for the last 2 weeks
Does the lag only happen while you’re in a PvP map? Does it also occur in the PvP lobby? Other maps? Any Map, relogging doesnt help, restarting my PC doesnt help

mostly about 10-15 sec, then 10-15 seconds of no lag, repeats over and over again

5/5 (also 20/20 for that matter)

Lag all day every day

Started 4-5 months ago

No lag issues at all in any other game, or web application.

Do you live in NA or EU?
NA

NA

NA

I’ve submitted help tickets for this multiple times over the last few months. Anet keeps telling me to talk to my ISP, my ISP says to talk to Anet, round and around we went for over 4-5 months now.

My ISP has literally replaced every piece of hardware except the cables and my PC. I get download speeds of 38 megs download and over 20 meg upload. However, I still get 1-2 second lag in game.

I have formatted my PC TWICE, reinstalled every driver, run every anti-virus, malware, etc that I can find. (Malware bites, 2 major anti-virus). It affects not only my PC but my girlfriends laptop too. (I have a desktop). It doesn’t matter if I am plugged in via eithernet or wireless. It is ONLY lagging in gw2.

When I do a trace route I get the following:
Less than 23-44 ms for the first 4 hops then it jumps to
150-190ms averages at the following IP hops
204.255.168.213 (alter.net servers)
140.222.225.55 (alter.net servers)
152.63.97.86 (alter.net servers)
65.205.119.210 (Level 3 coms I think)
64.25.32.9 (NC soft)
64.25.32.26 (NC soft)
64.25.32.82 (NC soft)

(edited by The Lethe.2953)

Posted by: Lannah.1283

Lannah.1283

Your location
SE Europe

Occuring daily.

Game World
Desolation

Two “types”, although the second one might be the same as the first, except in shorter intervals:

a.) Skills unusable, everything untethered and moving in their last known direction, followed by a sped-up recovery or, growing more and more common, a disconnect:

Video from September 8 (I think), 22:38 GMT+2: http://youtu.be/JZ0LoZGNT1g
Guild chat was unaffected. Dungeon opener was from Seafarer’s Rest, I think. My connection survived all those spikes, but I’ve been getting more and more DCs since then.

b.) everyone rubberbanding and teleporting around, to the point where I can’t tell where I’m standing or what I’m doing, skills may or may not work, followed by me ragequitting or an occasional DC.

Type a. clears up after a few spikes (or once you DC), but b. likes to stick around till the event/fight is finished. The latter is more common at Teq and in WvW. World boss events get both types (we had 30+ DC at the same time at Tequatl last week, causing us to fail a battery defence), but other instances are affected as well.

I don’t do sPvP. Happens in WvW (we had massive lag and mass DCs approx. 2 hours ago on Deso bl whenever we came close to an enemy zerg), bosses, Dry Top, dungeons… not in LA tho.

Spikes can be short, once only or several in a row, but I get spikes of up to a minute as well (see video above).

All of them, mainly coz my sessions last for hours.

No clue; I tend to lose track of time while playing, sry.

It started small about a month and a half to two months ago and been steadily growing worse ever since. I rarely lagged and practically never DCed prior to that.

There are no other games.

Do you live in NA or EU?
EU

EU

EU

Whisper lag If I switch between guilds a few times in a row, representing them back and forth and doing searches in guild rosters, my outgoing whispers can start lagging afterwards and I’m sometimes not be able to open a new whisper. Bonus points: I am then no longer able to see the account names of the players around me in the report pop-up unless I relog.

(edited by Lannah.1283)

Posted by: Asconda.4597

Asconda.4597

Your location Europe, The Netherlands

Time and date of incident (plus time zone) Used to be every day since the megaservers started, now just sometimes

Game World: Stormbluff Isle

Brief description of what you’re seeing: Skills are delayed, After a 10-20 seconds of not being able to do anyting i get logged out with the error: An error has occured with the login server. When this happens i also can’t see who’s online in guilds.

Does the lag only happen while you’re in a PvP map? Does it also occur in the PvP lobby? Other maps? It does seem to happen a lot in PvP. It happens both in the lobby and during matches. I also have had this problem in Lions arch, and WvW.

The lag spike lasts for 10-20 seconds, than i get disconnected. It usually takes a few hours to clear up.

1/5, Lately i havn’t had this problem much, but yesterday it occured again.

Usually around 1pm NA time/7pm EUW time.

When megaservers were added to the game.

Nothing at all. When this problem happens, my internet connection is fine as well.

Do you live in NA or EU?
EU

NA

EU (Ruins of Surmia)
Stormbluff isle is my 2nd NA server, I also had this problem on the first NA server i was on(Henge Of Denravi)

(edited by Asconda.4597)

Posted by: Cenzuo.6328

Cenzuo.6328

It’s not just EU players, everyone across the world seems to be experiencing issues with lag/latency. I can confirm that it is not from my side as I used the diagnostic tool and seems good to me. I also see no lag (compared to GW2) when playing other mmos or online games.

Time: Throughout the day (whenever I’m on)
World: Devona’s Rest
Description: All game modes (PvE, sPvP and WvW), experiencing heavy rubber banding and skill delay, even when I’m the only character on the screen or on the lowest settings. This has only happened recently, but makes the game unplayable.

5/5 sessions have had this type of lag

No (noticeable) lag when playing other games

Live in Aus

NA servers

Originally made in NA

(edited by Cenzuo.6328)

Posted by: Torture.9156

Torture.9156

Getting worse day by day here.
Not just lags but massive amount of disconnects which combined with the game structure result in super annoying constellations:

- Getting kicked from a worldboss server (Teq/Wurm) and not being able to get back on the map because its full
- Getting a DC during pvp arena and just getting about 600 instead of 1500 honor for winning a team-arena game
- Group wiping in dungeons / fractals
- Not getting any reward for dungeons / fractals when dc’ing at the endboss
- Having to run all across the map to get back to the WVW commander – or having to queue when there is one

etc. etc.

About to get kitteng kittened

Posted by: Hollandse Warrior.4653

Hollandse Warrior.4653

Your location: The Netherlands
Time and date of incident: September 30, 2014 Patch (game-update)
Game World: Far Shiverpeaks
Description: Since latest patch i’m lagging everywhere (Pve, PvP, WvW,Eotm. In 30+ fights in PvE, WvW and Eotm i can’t even move or use any skill, it’s unplayable for me and sometimes i get random “graphical” crash error (never seen that before latest patch).

Unlike most I didn’t have ANY lagg problems before the September 30, 2014 patch, but now it’s 24/7 lagg.

BugsBanni.1397

Date and Time: Yesterday around 5-6pm(gmt+2) and the last weeks mostly at evening

For Arah for example: I am fighting Lupi, get kicked away from his kick, and a few seconds later he’s the kicking animation, or the worm(or how it is named in english) is on me and a few secons later he has that animation for the worm attack.

Today again Arah @ Lupi, ~18:55 just could do nothing and dc’d after 10secs or so
Best on it is, i was alone in the dungeon and it closed.. but nvm and fml^^

(edited by BugsBanni.1397)

caveman.5840

can we plz get a estimated time for a fix a week month year

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

One more pathping-log because I still experience severe lag:

Your location: Germany, Darmstadt (ISP: Telekom)
Time and date of incident: anytime (varying severity, though), most sever between 5pm and 02am CEST. Also now (~11am CEST)
Game World: Kodash (mostly playing WvW, but also noticable in PvE and sPvP)

• Frequent rubberbanding / warping of other players and NPC
  • spell and effect delay: between ~0.2 and sometimes up to 5 seconds, sometimes skills won’t activate
    […]
  • async animations + effects: damage or effects are applied prematurely compared to the animation state (I’ll make a video if I remember to hit the record button sometime)
  • often “out of range” and “obstructed” notification even when the foe is in plain sight and in range

>pathping -4 -q 100 206.127.159.241

Routenverfolgung zu “206-127-159-241.ncsoft.com” [206.127.159.241]
über maximal 30 Hops:
0 Hebe.fritz.box [192.168.42.103]
1 fritz.box [192.168.42.1]
2 87.186.224.87
3 87.190.174.138
4 f-eb7-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE [62.154.16.178]
5 80.157.129.70
6 ae5.XT2.FFT1.ALTER.NET [146.188.6.105]
7 ae1.GW8.FFT4.ALTER.NET [149.227.16.54]
8 213.71.135.138
9 206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.86]
10 206-127-157-102.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.102]
11 * * *
Berechnung der Statistiken dauert ca. 250 Sekunden…
Quelle zum Abs. Knoten/Verbindung
Abs. Zeit Verl./Ges.= % Verl./Ges.= % Adresse
0 Hebe.fritz.box [192.168.42.103]
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% fritz.box [192.168.42.1]
0/ 100 = 0% |
2 16ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 87.186.224.87
0/ 100 = 0% |
3 18ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 87.190.174.138
0/ 100 = 0% |
4 21ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% f-eb7-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE [62.154.16.178]
0/ 100 = 0% |
5 —- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 80.157.129.70
0/ 100 = 0% |
6 24ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae5.XT2.FFT1.ALTER.NET [146.188.6.105]
0/ 100 = 0% |
7 21ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae1.GW8.FFT4.ALTER.NET [149.227.16.54]
0/ 100 = 0% |
8 36ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 213.71.135.138
100/ 100 =100% |
9 —- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.86]
0/ 100 = 0% |
10 —- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 206-127-157-102.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.102]

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

I’m afraid that this lag today is worse than ever before. Constant skill lag and disconnects. Already posted my information earlier in this thread.

Posted by: Falen.8276

Falen.8276

Started playing again yesterday after about 3 months. My experience since yesterday has been terrible.

Your location: South Africa

Time and date of incident (plus time zone): Been trying to play since yesterday and this morning so 03/10/14 – 17:00 – 20:00 and then again 04/10/14 09:00 – 14:00 (GMT)

Game World: Aurora Glade

Brief description of what you’re seeing: skill lag anywhere from a few seconds to not happening at all and getting dc. Sometimes the game runs fine for a while then just stops activating skills, other player characters keep running in a straight line into walls or off cliffs, I can still move around till the lag stops and all skills i activated while lagging trigger at once or i’m totally disconnected. Figured out how to force a dc while i’m lagging, just evade into a wall a few times and the game pops back to character select screen with a error 7.

Seeing this post is 2 weeks old and still no fix for it, maybe i should have stayed away.

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Your location: The Netherlands
Time and date of incident: Saturday October 4th between 16:00 and 17:20 CEST (14:00 -15:20 UTC)
Game World: Piken Square
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Strange skill lag, particularly with harvesting (ore, wood, plants). Three times a skill did not react and I got kicked to the character select screen. The last time I managed to run between Rat’s Run and Frostland WP in Dredgehaunt Cliffs with a pulsing 5 skill before I got disconnected. After reconnect I was back at Rat’s Run. That is a 1 minute run!
The first two disconnects where with another character in Mount Maelstrom. The first disconnect was just before the Golem Mark II fight of 14:00 UTC, the second after the fight. The strange thing is that the fight itself went smooth. No lag at all. And I would notice as I move and dodge a lot during that fight.

After the last disconnect I stopped playing for today as it is unplayable. I really hope you can fix this. During the whole period I was able to browse the wiki and this forum without any problem.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

I’m also from The Netherlands so it looks like we have a common denominator here.

BugsBanni.1397

Today again Arah @ Lupi, ~18:55 just could do nothing and dc’d after 10secs or so
Best on it is, i was alone in the dungeon and it closed.. but nvm and fml^^

Today again Arah, ~22:30-23:10, not so heavy lags like the last days, but they were not so good for my health.^^

Posted by: vaylortales.6378

vaylortales.6378

Your location
Brunei Darussalam

Daily, constant lag (GMT +8)

Game World
Seafarer’s Rest

Two “types”, although the second one might be the same as the first, except in shorter intervals:
a.) unplayable skill lag in PvE/PvP/WvW massive rubberbanding and teleporting especially when going through portals in any keeps, towers, hills etc in WvW or even EoTM. Constantly freezing after a big lag spike and a sudden dc which makes the game utterly frustrating and unplayable.

b.) loading maps sometimes takes forever to do. Guild chat is sometimes lagging, at one time it took more than 2s to load the guild panel and refresh. Whispers sometimes aren’t sent nor received because of a popping firewall issue which I know I don’t have any firewalls enabled.

It happens everywhere whether just standing in Heart of the Mist and even worse when participating in PvP. Don’t mention about WvW/EoTM, it’s more terrible there.

I usually just restart my client and the router etc but then after 30 mins the lag returns. (I get it maybe it is because of living on the other side of the world with ‘super internet’ but some friends living in my area don’t seem to experience that.

I would say all of them, it has happened even worse ever since the ddos attack.

There was once when it didn’t get super lag however, as i said, after 30 minutes of playing into the game, the lag returns.

It has happened for a long time and thankfully patience has made me stay in this game. Since I saw this thread, might as well share my problems as I never saw anyone from my location posting any problems.

I don’t play other NCsoft games so I don’t have any comments.

Do you live in NA or EU?
I live outside NA/EU, I live in SEA

EU server currently

Was originally created on NA

Posted by: neville.3420

neville.3420

Your location: Toronto, Canada
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): Oct 4th, all day (9am-11PM), EST
Game World: Fort Aspenwood
1) All skills are at least 0.5s behind button press
2) In tpvp, players rubberbanding
3) In windows resource monitor, GW2 ping is 350ms
4) Tracert to gw2 servers is dropping packets at Level3 servers in chicago and dallas
5) Speedtest.net tests showed 25/1.8, which is normal for my connection
6) Power cycling routers and computers had no impact

I use a DNS redirect service (unblock-us) from Canada. I tried with and without it, as well as vpn’ing to another area and use that connection. In all cases, the lag persisted.

EDIT: Windows Resource monitor also shows a ping of 280ms in Chrome and the only site I have loaded is the gw2 forums. So it seems to not only affect the game itself?

(edited by neville.3420)

Posted by: Arden Flameseeker.5036

Arden Flameseeker.5036

Your location: Newcastle, Australia
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): Throughout the day/night over the last 3 or so days.
Game World: Crystal Desert
Brief description of what you’re seeing: No drop in FPS, skills failing to fire, other players leaping about. Burst of skills at once after a delay. I’m dreadfully novice when it comes to techy things, but packets seem to be dropping when trying to ping guidwars2 servers.

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

Friday 3rd October, around 9pm UTC+1
Gunnars Hold
Skill delay, leading to disconnect while on pvp map (only 6 players total on map)
Saturday 4th October, early evening. Huge lag spike – game froze for around 5 seconds, then caught up. This happened just as the inquest event at Prosperity finished.
Tuesday 30th September between 8-10pm – skill lag of up to 2seconds followed by all catching up. This happened a couple of times, also to others in the group, but not necessarily at the same time.

I used to be able to play this game with little lag, although I have always tried to avoid zergs (since megaserver this is becoming very very difficult)

Posted by: Fumooz.4759

Fumooz.4759

Your location: Finland
Time and date of incident: Almost everyday 18:00-22:00 (GMT+3)
Game World: Seafarer’s Rest
Brief description: Rubberbanding, skill delay or getting disconnected.

Posting again.

Edge of the Mists has been lagging really bad last 2 hours. 2 dc and many lag spikes. The ip of the map is: 206.127.159.235.

While writing this we got mass dc and like half of the people got disconnected.

This is how our days go in your game. Most of the people have lost all hope to get working game and won’t come here to write about this.

caveman.5840

hey go to the cool performance boost thread

there is a program called process lasso .
and it is awesome i can play gw2 even with this crazy lag …
it is a good temporary solution till anet fixes things

give it a try

it is like lag fixing magic XD

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Any updates on the enless amount of lag?

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Its UN – PLAYABLE

I’m getting around 7 seconds of skill lag in pvp at this very moment. Is this some problem with europe? Or with the game servers?

Tracing route to 206-127-146-76.ncsoft.com [206.127.146.76]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms 192.168.178.1
2 9 ms 8 ms 70 ms 10.136.156.1
3 9 ms 59 ms 9 ms 213.51.163.33
4 9 ms 10 ms 16 ms hlo-lc0001-cr102-ae5-0.core.as9143.net [213.51.158.106]
5 28 ms 73 ms 10 ms asd-tr0610-cr101-ae6-0.core.as9143.net [213.51.158.82]
6 46 ms 20 ms 11 ms ae51.edge4.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [212.72.40.173]

7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 40 ms 18 ms 19 ms ae-47-47.ebr3.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.143.174]
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 22 ms 18 ms 77 ms ae-4-90.edge6.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.202]
14 57 ms 19 ms 19 ms 195.16.161.58
15 17 ms 19 ms 72 ms 206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.86]
16 66 ms 32 ms 89 ms 206-127-157-102.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.102]
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Attachments:

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Posted by: Falen.8276

Falen.8276

seriously, some feedback on this would be great.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Your location: Germany
Time and date of incident: 2014-10-05 18:00-22:00 UTC (yesterday evening)
Game World: Kodash
Brief description: skill delay and getting disconnected. Additionally, a popup with “the login servers are currently not available” appeared simultanously for me and many guild members while doing the guild challenge in Southsun Cove with no appearent reason.

I got disconnected after a monster skill lag in Fractal of the Mists an hour later and was able to rejoin immediately.

I also did the jumping puzzle Morgan’s leap and fell down a few times. The damage and animation for the half-damage-on-falling-trait came about 1 second after I actually hit the ground.

Was in Teamspeak all the time and there was no disconnect/lag problems at all.

(edited by Silmar Alech.4305)

Posted by: Elissa.4382

Elissa.4382

Time and date: Random times of day/night, on a daily basis.
Game Server: Darkhaven

Keep getting disconnects here too. Ran the guild wars 2 diagnostic right after a disconnect tonight, but to my untrained eye, it looks ok.

The same pattern happens for me when I get disconnected. First the game stops responding to input. Talking to NPCs, using skills, opening menus, etc. Nothing works. Anywhere from 10 seconds – 1 minute or 2 later, and I get disconnected followed by “The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:11:3:191:101)”, or the message about not being able to connect to the login server.

This issue is happening several times a day, every day at the moment. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Posted by: Moyira.3180

Moyira.3180

Time: all day
Game Server: Dragonbrand

I don’t get disconnected… but I definitely get latency spikes that make the game hang, then play ‘catch up’.

It’s gotten me killed quite a few times, because I can’t react at all to whatever is happening on my screen.

Posted by: phage.6724

phage.6724

Time: all day, latest happening just now at 11:10 PM ET
Game server: Blackgate

I got random disconnects. I got network error message, even though I was still connected to the net (for instance, I still can chat with others on TS3). Disconnection pattern similar to Elissa above. Problem seems to be worst with World Bosses… I’ve not been able to finish a Tequatl without disconnection within the last week, and there was one time earlier today where I was randomly disconnected while doing guild puzzle. I used a Mac client, and it seems to start happening since the last update, although I was also changing router and modem around that time so I dunno. Error message has always been ‘network error’. Sorry I can’t be more specific.

Posted by: jgrzar.3468

jgrzar.3468

Where:
South Africa (playing on EU server)

When:
All the time

Game World:
Aurora Glade

Seriously hectic lag in most maps (LA, Cursed Shore, Queensdale, etc)…
BUT
Almost NO lag in Straits of Devastation…

I’m attaching my network stats for GW2 as well as tracert to server in Frankfurt (DE)

All other traffic to and from my PC runs at full speed (4mb line and all) but ONLY Guild Wars 2 is giving me this issue.

Attachments: