Latency/Lag for EU Players? [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Libertine.1047

Libertine.1047

Finland, UTC +2
Desolation
Lag, disconnects, can’t log back in.

Get your kitten together A-net. This has been like this for a week now… Every evening.

Posted by: ElMaeStre.2041

ElMaeStre.2041

this is unreal , seven days waiting for play this game without lag at this hours since the last actualization…….good joob arenanet. you´re working on this isnt it ….omg

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Time and Date: 20:00’ish GMT+1 25th of November 2014
Server: FSP (EU)
Lots of delays (both in skills and chat) then DC
Can’t login for 30minutes now.

Can I play the game pls?

Internet connection is perfectly fine.
EDIT: was able to log in after 30mins BUT the game still lags.
Can’t even load my guildroster LMAO…

WTH is happening??!!!!!!

Wtf is this… Guild Roster even shows only 2 online when TS and website confirms there are +20players online and ingame…
Then get this error message again..

So much for my free evening.

EDIT: AND I LAG AGAIN kitten … Why cant I play the kitten game?! It’s been a week now with all those random dc’s and not able to log in etc…

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Posted by: WannaFeel.7082

WannaFeel.7082

2h of not being able to log in… crashing(dc) at map loading screen :- (

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

And still no answer , still no comment, not even a peep from Anet. You know what, i am not spending another cent to support you guys until you TALK to your godkitten players.
This is simply ridiculous, to the point that it’s just bad form on your part. You are damaging your name with each passing minute you ignore us.

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

this has been going on for at least 2 months

Posted by: sapdan.2435

sapdan.2435

Worst dev support!
EVER!

Posted by: angel.2769

angel.2769

Disconnected 2 hours ago, still cant log in, on any of my accounts.

Posted by: Big Small.6230

Big Small.6230

Singapore
Past 3 Weeks. (UTC+08:00)
Tarnished Coast
Skill lag in every single location, as well as intermittent disconnectsions

I have not been able to enjoy this game since the Silverwastes patch. The lack of meaningful updates about this problem is infuriating to say the least. I can’t believe I actually spent money supporting such an unprofessional organisation. At least I’ve managed to persuade a number of friends to not buy this game and I will gladly continue to dissuade more people in response to Anet’s appalling customer and tech support.

(Edit)
Other games like Battlefield 4 and Team Fortress 2 work just fine. Also, I’ve attached the tracert report to prove that the issue isn’t on my end or with my ISP:

Tracing route to 64.25.38-102.ncsoft.com [64.25.38.102]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 22 ms 14 ms * unknown.maxonline.com.sg [202.156.32.1]
2 8 ms 10 ms 8 ms 172.20.12.73
3 12 ms * 7 ms 172.20.12.73
4 * 24 ms 13 ms 172.20.7.170
5 10 ms * 22 ms 203.116.188.29
6 186 ms 178 ms 179 ms xe-7-2-3.edge5.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [205.129.5
.73]
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 239 ms 228 ms * 4.59.197.34
10 224 ms 232 ms 224 ms 64.25.32-9.ncsoft.com [64.25.32.9]
11 246 ms 223 ms 221 ms 64.25.32-26.ncsoft.com [64.25.32.26]
12 219 ms 223 ms * 64.25.32-82.ncsoft.com [64.25.32.82]
13 225 ms 235 ms 242 ms 64.25.38-102.ncsoft.com [64.25.38.102]

(edited by Big Small.6230)

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

I never thought I could quit a game because of lag. The game is so laggy it’s no even funny. It actually makes me cry! I am fine with devs not answering to all the people crying for nerfs or buff/balancing issues… but this is the core of the game.. connection problems!

I have already posted my screenshot as required by the devs but I’d like to hearing from Anet what they are gonna do about it.

A speed check confirmed my internet is fine. But the game lags as hell. The funny thing is that I am able to play from various hotels around Europe (with wifi) better than I can do from my own home (20Mb download/10Mb upload)

Please, give us some feedback! At least tell me if it’s me or the game (but by the number of ppl complaining I’d bet is the game)

Posted by: cali.1496

cali.1496

Hello? Is There Anybody Home?

Can we have some answers from devs or what? game is unplayable.

Posted by: Robroy.4073

Robroy.4073

5:15pm (GMT+1) aaaaand the lag and dc:s starts. Will not be able to play the game for 4-5 h. Nice!

Posted by: Assassin.5208

Assassin.5208

united kingdom
19:40 GMT +0
citadel of flame P2
everything just freezes for around 5 seconds, no skills work or nothing, then all of a sudden there is a massive amount of skills being used, this happens over and over

Posted by: Wiella.8567

Wiella.8567

Not sure that you can call that a “EU location” but I never ever had any issues/lags until this day on Gandara (EU GW2 server), so here is my location/info:

Timezone: GMT+3
Incident time: ~ 21:30 and the whole next hour
Game world: Gandara (EU)

Issue description:

After playing for a few minutes I started to lag massively – skills working in 20-30 seconds after I try to cast them, NPC interactions lags, sometimes I get thrown back on the map.

My intenet connection is perfectly fine (100mb/s, tried opening some sites, loading video streams and torrents – all works except GW2). Site guildwars2.com is also loading instantly and I don’t see any issues here, only in-game.

After some time I got disconnected and couldn’t go futher than the charlist, though I was still able to log into charlist. Now after an hour I cannot even log-in as the launcher says: “There was an error logging in. Please try again.”

So the game is completely unplayable right now. My friend from Ukraine says its fine for him and he doesn’t have any lags in-game.

Hope this will be solved soon.

Posted by: Orchero.8504

Orchero.8504

Your location: Baia Mare. Romania
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) 19:10 (GMT+2) 24/11/2014
Game World: SFR
I entered today in the game and puff , lags everywhere , i tried to reset my pc … didn’t work. Another online games are working greatly so it’s not my internet provider fault

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Lag and dc’s in our custom arena. Some ppl affected by it. Skill lag (1-2second)
[ZeuS] Train & Test Arena
EU region
21:30 GMT+1

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

(edited by Terrorsquad.2349)

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Time and date of incident
Been happening several times now, but time of appearance is around 19.00 server time and forward.

Brief description:
It starts with that i dc from game world due to firewall/router/blabla problem. I have of course not changed anything since the minute before this happen. I try to log back in and i can log in to the account but not to a server. It will not take me several tries to get in to the server. When this happen, i will have huge lag spikes. I can not use gemstore, i can not poke npc, i can not waypoint, if i do i dc. More log in tries, reset of router, restarts and now i might reach a point were i can join wvw. But in wvw i can not use any skills, write in chat, nor can i interact with siege or move out from keeps through portals. People are rubberbanding all over the place and so am i. It just is not playable.

This happens not only to me, but to my guildies just as much. The other day we lost the whole ele party in a raid not being able to log back in. Imagine how happy that made the rest of the raid. Yesterday in a gvg one of our guardians was fighting the stairs in os, because that is were she saw the people be, they were on the other side though, she had to leave, was not playable for her.

Mostly it stopped after around and hour and then working fine, but today it is still going on since 19.00 and it is 23.20 now and i can still not log in to wvw without this issues.

Talk to us A-net, it is not acceptable that you are ignoring us. We are the one that need to deal with this over and over and the frustration we feel about it is huge, and no info about whats going on or some estimated time on when it can be fixed or if you are even looking at it. It just is not ok to not respond back.

Posted by: lain.4638

lain.4638

We (me and my girlfriend) just bought the game.
We log in from Italy onto the Fissure of Woe server; in spite of our fast, optic fiber connection and up-to-date hardware, the game is lagging badly. No way to play.
This is kinda annoying, especially considered that we payed the game just to see a so poor performance that is easily surpassed by almost any free mmorpg. It is even more annoying to see that the first issues date back to 2 months ago and are still unsolved.

I’d gladly help to solve this problem, but, apart from obvious things, I can only tell you that in my task manager I can see the ping to two gw2 related servers, one is roughly 350ms and the other around 100ms. It’s so on average, sometimes the 100ms one increases to more than 500ms.

I hope you solve the problem, it would be a pity not to be able to play such a fine game.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

The thread continues to grow and nothing to fix it.
Seems they are ignoring all the various lag threads.
Server .161 is always bad.

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

Time and Date: 7pm till midnight / GMT+1
Game World: Seafarer’s Rest

The game is fine in the morning up until about 5-6pm, then the lag starts. I lose connection from the friends list, sometimes guild roster shows only me, at times I can only chat in say or map channels then randomly disconnect a few minutes later.

Tonight the lag was fairly less and I’m playing right now as I write this. Hopefully will end soon.

Attached screenshot with traceroute log and direct pings.

Attachments:

Posted by: Linda The Furious.8431

Linda The Furious.8431

- Austria
- ISP: A1
- After 19:00 basically not able to play anymore
- Gunnar’s Hold
- lag, freeze, d/c

Error 42:0:9001:4409 and 7:11:3:191:101 drive me mad :S

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

- Austria
- ISP: A1
- After 19:00 basically not able to play anymore

There are already several posts in the German Forum about that internetprovider from the last days.

I strongly believe in this case it´s due to the recent introduction of netflix and Amazon-prime-videostreaming in Austria (available since around 1 week, with 30 days trial period) – and an internet provider slacking strongly, selling a bandwidth which it can´t really keep (traceroute shows me a timeout even to their own server, a1.net).

Of course it´s also an issue with GW2 and probably it´s netcode because other onlinegames still work better (Battlefield 4 runs, shows even a good latency – but also feels wonky and skewed)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I strongly believe in this case it´s due to the recent introduction of netflix and Amazon-prime-videostreaming in Austria (available since around 1 week, with 30 days trial period)

If those types of services just became popular in Europe, they’re likely the cause. I remember several years ago when Netflix and other high bandwidth services were first getting popular. In populated areas with older networks, these services were basically causing the networks to crash. As a result, these services were quietly throttled and networks were slowly upgraded.

Throttling isn’t perfect. They try to analyze your network data and if it matches what they’re looking for, they’ll throttle your connection. It doesn’t actually matter if you’re using the service they’re looking for or not. In simpler terms, it’s like how a language filter may trigger on words like grape. By using a VPN to encrypt your network stream, you can work around this while also proving you’re being throttled.

Posted by: Irkm Desmet.3928

Irkm Desmet.3928

I have been having severe sever lag in the Silverwastes since the last two patches. I even get disconnected quite frequently.

Last occurence was yesterday and the day before. Lag was so severe you nearly could not play. It even translated into the story instances Tracking the Aspect Masters and Into the Labyrinth. I had instances of lag in the story nearly 20-30 seconds long and then everything happened at once.

I think the lag got better after 23:00. I was running wurm at 21:00 which was fine. Directly after wurm i got into SW and the lag was unbearable.

Details:
Provider: 16Mb/s DSL Deutsche Telekom
Ping to Server during laggy period:
2000 packets, 0% packet loss, min 9ms, max 18 ms, average 11ms
Time: 21:30 to 23:00, seemed to get better after 23:00

Guild Wars was the only thing using my internet connection. According to my routers DSL statistics the line was fine.

I was supprised by the short pings to the server, 9ms is very fast. I think this is definitely a server side issue. My network and the path to the server seem uncongested.

(edited by Irkm Desmet.3928)

Posted by: Robroy.4073

Robroy.4073

6:45pm GMT+1 (Sweden) – DC from WvW, can’t log in again. The same every evening since last patch.

Posted by: Gecko.3967

Gecko.3967

Got lags and DCs every evening too. Starts around 6:00pm GMT+1 (Germany).

Posted by: Floryn.6307

Floryn.6307

It’s been 2 months now, 2 months of barely logging in GW2 due to horrible lags in most areas of the game (sPvP, PvE, WvW).

I know you have a lot of incompetent folks (NO OTHER EXPLICATION), but this is a new low. I payed to play the game like everyone else, not get bitter on forums.

Band of BrothersMore than a guild, more than a team

Posted by: Zcero.3716

Zcero.3716

ISP: ComHem
Server: Desolation

My internet connection is working properly with no issues on the internet, skype or ts.
Have been experiencing chat lag (up to 1 minute), skill lag (5-10 sec) and rubber banding for a week now generaly around 6-8 pm GMT+1. This has been followed up with dc and no possibility to log in again before the next day. Most usual error codes below.

42:0:9001:4409
7:11:3:191:101

Below is the maps I visited today trying to complete my dailys.

Map: Plains of Ashford
IP: 206.127.159.133 (ping 26ms)
Lag: ~10 sec (Chat/Skill/Rubber)
Time: 7:20 pm GMT+1

Map: Eternal battleground
IP: 206.127.159.205 (ping 30ms)
Lag: ~5 sec (Chatt/Skill/Rubber)
Time: 7:30 pm GMT+1

Map: Edge of the Mist
IP: 206.127.159.116 (ping 27ms)
Lag: ~5 sec (Skill/Rubber)
Time: 7:35 pm GMT+1

Map: Black Citadel
IP: 206.127.146.79 (ping 25ms)
Lag: ~5 sec (Chat/Skill)
Time: 7:40 pm GMT+1

Map: Hero’s Cantone
IP: 206.127.159.186 (ping 26ms)
Lag: ~5 sec (Chat/Skill/Rubber)
Time: 7:40 pm GMT+1

Posted by: Gatestar.7945

Gatestar.7945

Time and date: 21:00 GTM +2 27 November 2014
Server: SFR
Very bad lag, 5 sec between spells
Yesterday at same hour same issues
I was playing PVE
About one week ago no problems
Only around these hours the problems appear

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

ISP: ComHem
Server: Desolation

My internet connection is working properly with no issues on the internet, skype or ts.
Have been experiencing chat lag (up to 1 minute), skill lag (5-10 sec) and rubber banding for a week now generaly around 6-8 pm GMT+1. This has been followed up with dc and no possibility to log in again before the next day. Most usual error codes below.

Got same problem

Posted by: Ancalagon.2953

Ancalagon.2953

Time and Date: NA Prime Time 6-9 pm EST
Server: NSP
I get lag spikes of up to 6 seconds every 2 min. This happens in both pve, pvp and wvw. Also, i get huge loading screens, up to 3 min to load Lions Arch during the worst times and around 50 seconds to load pvp maps. This started around 3 weeks ago. Early times are okish but when it even approaches prime time 3-4 hours prior, the lag spikes start.

I have re installed the game twice and the problem still persists.

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

Very bad lag, 5 sec between spells
Yesterday at same hour same issues
I was playing PVE
About one week ago no problems
Only around these hours the problems appear

SAme here started after 18th patch.

Very bad lag, 5 sec between spells (up to 3 mins)
Yesterday at same hour same issues.
Some how when i go to RESMON i c 3 gw2.exe lat from 360 to 260

Tried everything from my side. other games nothing like this nor websites.

Posted by: Maurish.8320

Maurish.8320

Time: 20:30 GMT+2
Server: Gunnar’s Hold

This is a recent issue, started somewhere during November for me. Some nights it has been fine. Unbelievable delay, takes longer to log in, chat messages sometimes don’t appear at all. Skill can take up to two minutes to resolve. Other players are running on the spot or against a wall. Disconnects are common. /ip to different zones and doing tracert and ping to those ip’s has been fine. Tracert hops around 20-50ms, nothing is timed out. Ping is around 50ms, no packet losses. I do not know what is causing this issue. No issues accessing other online games or websites.

-Edit-
Time: 21:30 GMT +2
The issue has resolved itself. The game seems to be running fine at the moment, no skill delay at all. Doesn’t mean the issue has gone away, I lost an hour of my free time I wanted to spend with GW2.
I’ll update if the issue returns today.

(edited by Maurish.8320)

Posted by: Segal.9450

Segal.9450

Time and date: every afternoon after 5pm GMT+1
Game World: Gandara
Description:
Huge lags on skill, in every game mode: WvW, sPvP or PvE.
In PvE 10secs +
In WvW the lag is worse, after log in to bl got perma lag and crash in next few sec
and got 2 error codes:
-> error code: 42:0:9001:4409
-> error code: 7:11:3:191:101

Object interactions and chat are also affected.
PS: Patphping after wave of huge lags… but still got~5-10 secs (But with no crashes ^^)

Attachments:

(edited by Segal.9450)

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Time and date: every evening since November 18th patch, starting from 5pm-7pm local time and continuing throughout the evening. UTC+2
Game World: Desolation

Constant lag, skills/dodges ect not working at all or not activating for a long period of time, people running into walls, interacting with items happening with a delay of a few seconds or even minutes. If using a teleport skill it doesn’t activate properly and after the lagspike is over I am teleported back and forth a few times until settling.

I get alot of freezing also, and after the lagspike is over everything happens fast at once until I freeze again in less than a minute and the same happens. I disconnect every now and then after a lagspike (usually at least 2-3 times a day), and logging back in might take several minutes or I cannot login at all.

Sometimes the lagging and disconnecting stops for an hour or so but then starts again.

I’m not sure if it’s related but last night when this all happened again I checked the guild roster and got this message: “Your guild is currently unifying chapters. Please check back for updates shortly.”

Posted by: Linda The Furious.8431

Linda The Furious.8431

Today I don’t even get further than my login screen. He doesn’t give me the “normal” error codes anymore or the message about not being able to connect to the server.
When I now try to login he says: The server was unable to authenticate your gameplay privileges…..48:1000:7006:1231 build 42115.

I am really starting to get worried now

Has anyone seen any replies from A-net yet? (I do realise it was thanksgiving yesterday)or I must have missed it? Checked Facebook/twitter and the forums this morning but haven’t seen a response or a statement from Tech Support.

@ hydeaut.1758 & Healix.5819 , thanks for your replies. I know Netflix and Amazon prime have been introduced recently altough Netflix has been out for about two months now. I am in no way an Internet expert so not too sure if this can have so much influence on GW2 (according to my boyfriend it shouldn’t be). What I do wonder is why I have no problems then with anything else also other streaming/gaming.
It’s not only the German/Austrian Providers having problems as I’ve seen many other countries & providers replying. Must be something with GW and the new patches?

xGraver.4918

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19fnoj/if_youre_suffering_with_laglatency_issues_during/

Try this if you having huge lag problems. It helped me alot yesterday. After i did this had no more lag.

If this is against rules the i don’t care. Anet can ban me but at least i helped maybe 1 person to have better weekend.

(edited by xGraver.4918)

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19fnoj/if_youre_suffering_with_laglatency_issues_during/

Try this if you having huge lag problems. It helped me alot yesterday. After i did this had no more lag.

If this is against rules the i don’t care. Anet can ban me but at least im more useful then they are.

I hate you for being toxic, but I love you for reacquainting me with this

xGraver.4918

If this is against rules the i don’t care. Anet can ban me but at least im more useful then they are.

I hate you for being toxic, but I love you for reacquainting me with this

Your right so I changed to being nice.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Changing the client to use port 80 isn’t against the rules, its an option for debugging. It’s main purpose is to work around firewalls, since port 80 is usually allowed for website access.

Keep in mind that your ISP may also throttle or cause other side effects on that port because they might optimize it for web traffic, so doing this won’t work for everyone. Using a VPN is the only other option. If either of these options work, you’ve practically confirmed that you’re being throttled by your ISP.

Posted by: Thyrian.3541

Thyrian.3541

Changing the client to use port 80 isn’t against the rules, its an option for debugging. It’s main purpose is to work around firewalls, since port 80 is usually allowed for website access.

Keep in mind that your ISP may also throttle or cause other side effects on that port because they might optimize it for web traffic, so doing this won’t work for everyone. Using a VPN is the only other option. If either of these options work, you’ve practically confirmed that you’re being throttled by your ISP.

I so wished this worked for me but unfortunately it does not

Posted by: Ayala.7835

Ayala.7835

It has been 2 weeks since I can’t play GW2 properly. I feel disappointed – still no answer from Anet. I have been playing over 2 years now – spent real money (on gems) and plenty of time to get achievements. It is outrageous that we have no information from devs and the problem wasn’t fixed. We are neglected and ignored – it is not acceptable. As I see it now: Anet scammed me so here I offically demand a refund.

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

Happening to me as well now. Can’t really log in and if I can, will lag way too much to do anything, and too risky to try do anything anyway since there’s high chance it will disconnect…frustrating.

Posted by: Canooc.9378

Canooc.9378

Your location: Portugal
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): 28th November, 19:30 GMT+0
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Massive lag spikes, random disconnects, error at trying to log in back after disconnected, and sometimes I can’t even log… Thsi is hapenning since a week ago, always during 17:00 – 23:00 GMT+0

Lupi Dooms You – Necromancer
[dT] Desolation

Ishmel.1308

Time and date of incident: Nov 28th 19:40 GMT
Breif description of what you’re seeing: Lag spikes for up to 40 seconds. Disconnects to character select. Up until 19:40 my play session had been lag free.

Tracert and pathping logs toward the server IP are attached.

The error when kicked to character select was 7:11:3:191:101

Attachments:

Posted by: Tsath.4527

Tsath.4527

Time and date of incident: Nov 28th 20:50 GMT (and entire weeks since LS2 patch)
Game world: Gandara
Brief desc: Massive login time, massive lag spikes between 20-40 seconds of nothingness. Guild list not loading. Disconnect to character select.
Current status: Unplayable.
Internet line: 150mbit / 15 mbit down

The error when kicked to character select was 7:11:3:191:101

Tracert and pingpath attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

Time and date: Some days after 3-4pm GMT+1
Game World: Far Shiverpeaks
Description: High latency/skilllag/dc to character selections.

Getting about a 3-30 seconds delay on everything, having no fps lag at all but cant use any skills then if i’m in combat i’ll suddenly get teleported away from where im running to on my screen to the place i died. Then the game can behave acceptable for 10 seconds then it continues again behaving bad and it all ends up with being disconnected.

I only get this problem in Guild Wars 2, everything else works perfect. Been playing this game since beta and i never had anything like this untill recently – no changes made. It just happend after last patch most likely.

Attachments:

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

Posted by: Bahamzero.6783

Bahamzero.6783

Time and date: every evening starts around 6- 6:30pm (gmt+1), lasts for a few hours
Description: Heavy skill delay, ruberbanding, almost impossible to play

*Internet connection is fine, tested this multible times also can play other games without this problem.

Ishmel.1308

(This will more or less be a repeat of my previous reports)

Time and date of incident: Nov 29th 19:40 GMT
Breif description of what you’re seeing: Lag spikes for up to 40 seconds. Disconnects to character select. Up until 17:40 (when i logged off for dinner) my play session had been lag free.

Tracert and pathping logs toward the server IP are attached.

The error when kicked to character select was 7:11:3:191:101. As well as 42:0:9001:4409:101 pop-ups during play.

Posted by: Gutschman.8579

Gutschman.8579

Time/date: every evening starts around 4- 6:30pm (gmt+1), lasts for a few hours

Game World: Kodash

Description: Heavy skill delay, ruberbanding, massive lag spikes between 20-40 seconds of nothingness in WvW and Pve