Latency/Lag for EU Players? [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

Did you have those problems constantly, or would you have periods of say… 4 weeks frequent lag spikes, 5 weeks perfectly fine, 4 days lag spikes, 6 days fine etc? Seemingly random but long periods with either consistent latency or latency spikes.

Some days were worse than others, like it followed the flow of the amount of players. Overall I had those minute long time-outs almost every day from November to January when I turned router mode off.

I’m guessing the router traveled through a choke point while it doesn’t in bridge mode (native IP address or w/e). Worth a try since it’s easy to change on or off through the modems interface if you have similar hardware.

Posted by: Schnook.5419

Schnook.5419

Time and date of incident (plus time zone): Thursday 12th February 8pm
Game World: Ring of Fire
Brief description of what you’re seeing: severe packet loss (people blinking around, skills not activating, chat delay, etc), skill lag and random disconnections.

Stole this from some above cos it’s exactly what I keep getting. This happens mainly in WvW and big events ie Triple Wurm. It’s just getting ridiclous. This is the worst it’s been tonight and when it happens it lags out my whole internet for everyone else in the house too >.>

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

This is from February 12 evening (about 20:30 GMT), hope it helps.

Statistiche di calcolo per 475 secondi...
            Da orig. a qui   questo nodo/collegamento
Hop  RTT    Persi/Inv.= Pct  Persi/Inv.= Pct  Indir.
  0                                           ali.fastwebnet.it [192.168.1.136]
[internal Fastweb network]
 10    8ms     0/ 100 =  0%     0/ 100 =  0%  10.254.9.145
                                0/ 100 =  0%   |
 11  ---     100/ 100 =100%   100/ 100 =100%  93-63-100-97.ip27.fastwebnet.it [93.63.100.97]
                                0/ 100 =  0%   |
 12    3ms     1/ 100 =  1%     1/ 100 =  1%  62-101-124-74.fastres.net [62.101.124.74]
                                0/ 100 =  0%   |
 13    6ms     0/ 100 =  0%     0/ 100 =  0%  62-101-124-73.fastres.net [62.101.124.73]
                                4/ 100 =  4%   |
 14   35ms     5/ 100 =  5%     1/ 100 =  1%  mno-b2-link.telia.net [213.248.88.233]
                                0/ 100 =  0%   |
 15   55ms    26/ 100 = 26%    22/ 100 = 22%  ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [62.115.142.144]
                                0/ 100 =  0%   |
 16   50ms    26/ 100 = 26%    22/ 100 = 22%  ffm-b11-link.telia.net [62.115.137.121]
                                0/ 100 =  0%   |
 17   30ms    85/ 100 = 85%    81/ 100 = 81%  ncsoft-ic-306349-ffm-b11.c.telia.net [62.115.43.74]
                                0/ 100 =  0%   |
 18  ---     100/ 100 =100%    96/ 100 = 96%  206-127-157-86.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.86]
                                0/ 100 =  0%   |
 19   37ms     4/ 100 =  4%     0/ 100 =  0%  206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]

My VPN that goes through the Netherlands, today was routed through telia as well, so it had the same problem as my normal connection…

Later I tried WTFast, it was a bit better, but it still had some blinking around and “pauses” where everyone was running in a straight line.

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

Your location : South Africa
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) : Every evening at 6 to 10 ‘2015-02-10’ to ‘2015-02-12’ UTC+02:00
Game World : Aurora Glades
Brief description of what you’re seeing : Delay in skills casting mainly at tequatle I am like 4 minutes behind the whole event (which is kinda fun when I am on ts and commanders are telling me to go to batteries and Im still stuck on phase 1) Using the waypoint allows me to catchup sometimes but when I engage teq I get left behind again I have reduced the character models ect. doesn’t help.

Posted by: kinetik.8679

kinetik.8679

Your location: Victoria, Australia

Time and date of incident (plus time zone): UTC +10, from 11AM this morning til 4PM, though it reoccurs anytime i enter the same map

Game World: Desolation.

Brief description of what you’re seeing:
enter The Silverwastes, start fine for about 10 minutes, lag issues hit with differing severity.

least severe being playable but actions and movements being updated on the server are a couple of seconds late.

extreme cases are people jumping backwards and forwards, other players teleporting, being unable to send chat message, open chests or some loot bags, server does not record where i am running, and get hit by alot of enemies not present in the area and die, spells and abilities do not work.

only happends in The Silverwastes, all other areas are fine.

Posted by: Admiral Stukov.8791

Admiral Stukov.8791

Ok, the lag hits me again after a few days of almost blissful plays. It began yesterday or 2 days ago I think. I think there’s nothing wrong with my side but then again am no expert in this sort of things….unfortunately. I am now contemplating whether I should transfer back to NA servers. The lag wasn’t this bad when I first transfer to EU 6 months ago.

Your location : Malaysia
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) : 2 days ago, at anytime, GMT+8
Game World : Far Shiverpeak

Posted by: castor.8019

castor.8019

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(likeeverykitteningday)aaaaaaag

Posted by: Kadrin.9523

Kadrin.9523

Time and date of incident (plus time zone): starting from 20:00 GMT, February 12, 2015
little description: tons of lag in every borderland even in Obsidian Sanctum.
Delay of skills :4 seconds
impossible to play.

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

I am now contemplating whether I should transfer back to NA servers. The lag wasn’t this bad when I first transfer to EU 6 months ago.

I’m in the same boat. I transferred to EU (I live in England) from NA 7 months ago, and everything was great until the end of August, for 2-3 months, and since then it’s been on/off. From what I can tell, there is major packet loss occurring on the last 3 hops (NCSoft servers). It’s risky to transfer, because not only might there be the same problem on NA servers (some people in EU are fine, others get these spikes), but there’s also the issue of routing – longer distance for data to travel means more opportunities for something to go wrong along the way.

A friend had the same problem as me, starting at the same time. We both live in the UK. Then, he would lag and I would be fine, and now I’m lagging and he’s fine. When this happens, even when we route through the same server, one has lag spikes and the other does not. We were trying to form a competitive PvP team, but it’s near impossible when someone is always unable to play. The past 5 days it’s been me. It’s maddening.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

Great to see a mod response! Thank you! It gives me a little hope that this is being worked on and significant headway might be made at some point.

I used to have “all the above” problems during primetime for months. Then I googled my cable modem, Netgear CG3700, and found out that its internal router is unreliable and could cause problems in specifically online games. People recommended to disable the router, run the modem as a bridge only and buy an extended router if there is a need for one.

Since that day I turned off the router mode, I have had no lag outside the “normal” WvW zerg friday reset that everyone gets. I’m no network engineer and don’t know why only GW2 was affected by this, but it would explain why VPNs can reduce the lag for those with otherwise stable connections.

Did you have those problems constantly, or would you have periods of say… 4 weeks frequent lag spikes, 5 weeks perfectly fine, 4 days lag spikes, 6 days fine etc? Seemingly random but long periods with either consistent latency or latency spikes.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, we’ve been getting these general responses for over 4 months now and the issue is still there, now even worse than ever. I’ve also tried everything I could from my side (meddled with my TCP settings, used proxies, …………) and nothing works. What’s worse is that now I’m getting disconnected every 10-15 minutes of gameplay, even in PvE.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m having this weird lags again as well, since the dragonball update (I think); I can’t hit opponents, I can’t see their attacks, I’m downed by AOE I’m not in. This goes for other players and also NPCs.
But it’s worse in a pvp situation. Good example: I hit a necro from the front today and it counted as a backstab, so he likely stood with his back to me but not for me.

Right, I forgot my sever:
Gunnar’s Hold – Time: 24/7, worse between 8 and 10 pm.
But the same happened on Miller’s Sound and on Stormbluff Isle – I’ve been on 3 servers the past 4 months.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Provider: Deutsche Telekom.
Still having lag spikes. Roundtrip time dump attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Been having a lot of latency issues lately as an EU player. I know for a fact that it’s not related to my provider or rig, because I’ve been having the lag at multiple locations, under multiple providers, using multiple rigs.

Time: Any time during the day (less during the night).
Timezone: GMT +1
World: Tarnished Coast (US)

What happens is exactly this (not my video but it does show exactly the same problem I’m having): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLp78ONtZPM

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Your location : Poland
ISP: Orange
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) : Now.
Game World : Gandara
Server IP: 206.127.159.153
Brief description of what you’re seeing : Rubberbands, freezes, general “skill lag", players teleport around me. Imagine Mai Trin fractal with your whole team laging…

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Seems I’ve traded up my ping spikes for packet loss! Yay!

Connecting to: EU (/ip 206.127.159.198)
ISP: Virginmedia

Ping test to Frankfurt, Germany:
http://www.pingtest.net/result/117222682.png

Ping plotter to 206.127.159.198 for ~30mins:
http://s15.postimg.org/nk8u6kwdn/Capture.png

The packet loss is new, and even though it is showing on other servers as well as NCSoft, when I plot to another IP I get no packet loss, hence the ping test result to Frankfurt using pingtest.net. Either way, significant loss is still occurring on NCSoft servers.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Same kitten, different day. High latency + lag spikes again. Only happens during primetime, it’s tiring.

Retired GW2 Player

Posted by: lostelf.3591

lostelf.3591

Time and date of incident: 15 February, 2100-2200 Central Time (16 February, 0300-0400 GMT)
Game World: Piken Square
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Consistent skill lag, some rubber banding, occasional disconnections

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

While everyone talks about packet loss when sending / receiving some ICMP packets, there’s this whole issue of traffic shaping and QoS filtering going on. Unless Anet’s support rolls out proper diagnostic tools, the only reliable response anyone will get is, “it’s your ISP, tell them” (even though you already told them multiple times that you did so and just were told they can’t find any issues on their end or yours).

But hey, it’s totally okay to get your gaming experience diminished because of bugs (e.g. denial of service attacks via chat codes and corrupted account information) and improvable features (e.g. skill-lockout mid-evade damage, and evade-interrupts), because there is in no way a chance that it’s something else than yourself or your ISP. /shrug

Proper diagnostics means to me: in-game logging & tracing via communication lines and protocols which are also used by the game engine…

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

Posted by: Zanktus.9821

Zanktus.9821

I talked to a lot people from germany and in most cases it was Telekom or another company that uses the Telekom cables/lines, for example 1&1.
The lags occurs mostly at prime time around 6pm – 10pm (GMT).

At that time the game is not playable anymore (which is sad, because that is the time I come home from work…).

Posted by: Razorigga.8425

Razorigga.8425

every day between ~5pm and ~10pm (UTC +1).
world: Kodash
ISP: Telekom
since 2 months huge lag issues during prime time. above mentioned time gates may even expand during weekends

Posted by: terasi.7049

terasi.7049

Your location —-- Kassel, Germany
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) —--every day between ~4pm and ~11pm (UTC +1).
Game World—— Riverside(still an issue after megaserver?)
ISP: Telekom
Brief description of what you’re seeing——urgh this will be alot to explan, lets shorten this: Rubberband-Lags all the time, Disconnects every 10-30 minutes, cant play pvp,wvw and this great event-minigame(seriously 100 interrupts with like 2 seconds delay, thanks)
just mentioning mini-games, since you guys merged the minigames to a weekly rotations the whole performance of those minigames went down to – having slight lags and- having huge lags and disconnects without counting anything for daily or achievements. I really liked southsuncove, balance patches and merge ruined it, i liked dragon-bash/ball, server merge and monthlong-lags ruined it—-
tl:dr kitten minigame-player

Posted by: UncleSniper.4086

UncleSniper.4086

sigh After another raid I had to abort due to ridiculous lag; time for my “from what I can see” update…

Since that day I turned off the router mode, I have had no lag outside the “normal” WvW zerg friday reset that everyone gets. I’m no network engineer and don’t know why only GW2 was affected by this, but it would explain why VPNs can reduce the lag for those with otherwise stable connections.

It would? I don’t see how. If your router were borked, any VPN connection would be, too. And if the problem were on your end, why would the entirety of EU players have the same problem?

I talked to a lot people from germany and in most cases it was Telekom or another company that uses the Telekom cables/lines, for example 1&1.

That would be because, despite everyone seemingly disputing this fact, Telekom is the only real ISP in Germany. Everyone else ultimately uses their stuff. (Bla, bla, cue everyone screaming “Not so!” etc. etc.) So essentially, Germans have it bad, period.

After relentless pathpinging of the route (yes, the route — from what I can see, I (and I suspect many Germans as well) seem to get the very same route every time), I concede that my previous post was not entirely correct, either. (But we’re nearing the thuth, step by step!) The DTAG-TRANSIT15 node (80.157.129.70) does appear to fluctuate its packet loss over the day, so it seems it’s supposed to echo as well. However, my observations lead me to believe that my prior claims were not unfounded, either (Hey, I’m not just spouting nonsense, here…) — the latencies of the connections GW2 maintains seem to be fairly uncorrelated to the lag. In fact, the latency times actually dropped during lag spikes quite some times. Most of the time, however, they remained the same, lag or no.

As such, I revise my hypothesis once again: I am now convinced that there are actually two issues: A network lag problem and a server lag problem. This would explain why no proper results seem to have emerged, despite there being an absurdly huge amount of trace/ping/whatever logs available: Everyone assumes one problem and, unsurprisingly, gets contradictory results (including me, hence my twice revised theory), because there are really two.

However, I still believe (cf. lack of correlation between latency and lag, mentioned above) that server lag is the far greater of the two issues. So I have to ask: Did anyone at ArenaNet/NCSoft actually conduct any tests to rule out my bold (though well-founded) claim that the servers are running out of resources? Like I suggested before, bypassing the internet and connecting to the servers “directly” would quickly show you one way or another.

Y’know, because pursuing the network issue might be a waste of resources if the server issue really is the far greater one… And, as I mentioned before, do consider the fact that there was no lag (in comparison) not too long ago — the assumption that the internet got borked a few months back seems far more outrageous than the assumption that the player base increased and someone neglected to buy more servers. (Occam’s razor, anyone?)

Posted by: mechanicalman.8645

mechanicalman.8645

I just moved from EU back to NA to help try to combat the lag issue. the issue still stands and I’ve run pingplotter. After showing tech support i was told in lamens terms it’s not us it’s your internet service provider. here’s the kick in the balls. I can go to other MMO games like Defiance and this lag issue doesn’t show up. same thing in WoW no issues. It’s definetly some sort of network issue and my roommate who works at the cable provider says there’s nothing they can do.

Grenth’s Agent of Death

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Here’s a way to help the team:

1. Open your preferred e-mail program and start an e-mail to Support@GuildWars2.com with the subject line “EU Latency Issue”
  2. Now, in your prepared e-mail, click “Attach file” and type “C:\pathping.txt" and your e-mail program should find the file and attach it to your mail.
  3. Send us the email

I did this and the GMs insist I should use the website to send a support request, even after I mentioned it was you who said to email directly, and linked to your forum post, and that there’s no way to send attachments through your website. What do I do? I’m obviously not sending a support request, just sending you the attachments you asked us to send.

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

Been 5 months and it’s still ongoing, can’t even play my harp ingame :/
My location: England, Kent
Time and date of incident: everyday since September
Game world: Desolation
ISP: BT
Brief description: skill lag, characters flying around me etc.
It’s been 5 months…. Half a year of not being able to play your game properly?

Posted by: kidou.1807

kidou.1807

does anyone a traceroute? for all(it seems so) german players, its a hub from Tkom to Level3 in Frankfurt Main Germany.

Posted by: castor.8019

castor.8019

again heavy lag

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

hey yup germany was hit hard today at, i belive it was, 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) CET. Millersound Borderlands. Both sides (Drakkar Lake and Miller) recieved one extreme lag. Both zergs lagged infight for about 20-30 secs. Afterwards random connection losses and skill lags, as well as, well…. endless loadingscreen that forced the players to close the game. this startet for only a few players at about 15:30 ( 3:30 p.m.) and began to increase in duration and endet in disconnects.
I have to say that is really annoying. yesterday we lost literally half (17) ouf our participating raid members. this situation is toxic for wvw guilds. we have to be able to offer raids, if they become unplayable due to heavy lags, we lose players permanently. during the last 2 weeks 14 players from our guild stopped playing gw2 stating they would follow the forums but not play until the lag was solved.
what can i say i do understand them. especially if only one side recieves laggs.
two days ago we encountered a gunnars hold zerg standing and dying with only 4 players moving. right after we killed them we had several dc´s and laggs. this is getting stranger and i have to say really irretating.

Posted by: kidou.1807

kidou.1807

say “thanks Level3/Tkom”

Posted by: LadyofHats.8316

LadyofHats.8316

Your location:
Germany

Time and date of incident (plus time zone):
started playing, 21:00

Game World:
Boss fight, golem II

Brief description of what you’re seeing: i stand there in the midle, wont move, golem has fallen into some basic animation moving left and right and nothing else happens. when i finally move golem is dead, i am dead and even when from my point of view the pause was a minute. it seems about 5 to 8 game passed by in game

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

First, some specific responses. Skip to the bold section at the bottom for instructions on how to send us a different kind of data that we’re hoping will help us find more answers.

I did this and the GMs insist I should use the website to send a support request, even after I mentioned it was you who said to email directly, and linked to your forum post, and that there’s no way to send attachments through your website. What do I do? I’m obviously not sending a support request, just sending you the attachments you asked us to send.

We had an error for a little while where people were getting an auto-response saying this. It should be resolved now, though, as long as you use the subject line “EU latency issue.” If you give me your ticket number I would be happy to look into your specific case.

I am now convinced that there are actually two issues: A network lag problem and a server lag problem. This would explain why no proper results seem to have emerged, despite there being an absurdly huge amount of trace/ping/whatever logs available: Everyone assumes one problem and, unsurprisingly, gets contradictory results (including me, hence my twice revised theory), because there are really two.

However, I still believe (cf. lack of correlation between latency and lag, mentioned above) that server lag is the far greater of the two issues. So I have to ask: Did anyone at ArenaNet/NCSoft actually conduct any tests to rule out my bold (though well-founded) claim that the servers are running out of resources?

I can confirm that we are indeed investigating both possibilities. At this point, the vast majority of the issues do seem to be coming from degraded connections between users and our servers. However, we are still trying to do everything we can to find and eliminate any server-side problems.

That would be because, despite everyone seemingly disputing this fact, Telekom is the only real ISP in Germany. Everyone else ultimately uses their stuff. (Bla, bla, cue everyone screaming “Not so!” etc. etc.) So essentially, Germans have it bad, period.

DT is one of the providers we’re working with right now. You are correct that even if DT is not the direct provider, data in Germany will often cross through DT’s networks.

We’d like to get some more network data that will help us track down the problems people are having. If you’d like to help, please do the following:

1. Download and install the standard version of Ping Plotter here
(there is a trial period for the Standard version but you will not be obligated to make a purchase).
2. Log in to Guild Wars 2 and type in /IP in the chat box. Doing so will display the IP address of the server to which you currently are connected.
3. Run Ping Plotter and put the IP address from step 2 in the “Address to Trace” section in Ping Plotter. Make sure you leave off the “:0” at the end or the test will not be able to be run correctly.
4. Click “Trace” and allow the tool to run for at least 30 minutes while playing Guild Wars 2 (preferably during the timeframe in which you experience this issue). Also, please keep the trace running for a minimum of 30 minutes, even if you get disconnected from the server.
5. Once you have run the trace for at least 30 minutes, click on “Stop” then “File” -> then “Save Sample Set” and save the file to your computer. Please be sure to save it in a location that will be easy to find, such as your desktop.
6. Send an email to support@guildwars2.com with subject line “EU latency issue” and attach the file from step 5.

Thanks again for all your patience and help with this!

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

GM Awesomeness (I lolled when I scrolled up just now to make sure I got your name right), I’m having lots of connection issues the last few days but not in EU. Should I send you a report with this subject line or use a different one?

(edited by wwwes.1398)

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

GM Awesomeness (I lolled when I scrolled up just now to make sure I got your name right), I’m having lots of connection issues the last few days but not in EU. Should I send you a report with this subject line or use a different one?

I’ll ask the folks working on this project and get back to you tomorrow.

Posted by: Dermal.8647

Dermal.8647

GM Awesomeness It’s not only the EU servers its NA as well and we have many posts about it with no reply. Lot’s of us have sent in tickets as well with no replies to those either except the you ticket has been recieve auto message. Please if you guys could let us know whats going on or if its being worked on it would be greatly appreciated I’ve been lagging in every where I go.

Jade Quarry – [IG] Instagram United – Officer

Posted by: Nobuhiro.1403

Nobuhiro.1403

I’d first apologize (and with all due respect to our fellow European players) as the intent is not to hijack the thread. I’d second Dermal’s post, a nod to know the issue within NA is being looked at as well would be appreciated.

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

@Folks in NA: I haven’t forgotten about you, but meetings and other scheduling conflicts have kept me from getting as much info from other teams as I’d like. I’ll get in touch with them on Monday and start a new thread for y’all once I know what data they need.

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

We had an error for a little while where people were getting an auto-response saying this. It should be resolved now, though, as long as you use the subject line “EU latency issue.” If you give me your ticket number I would be happy to look into your specific case.

Yes I did use that subject.
Ticket #1260454.
Will run ping plotter later, downloading something atm.

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

level 3 they are the problem

Attachments:

Posted by: RaGe.9834

RaGe.9834

• Ontario, Canada
  • Several occurrences over 2 days Particularly bad between 18:00 and 00:00 local time (23:00-05:00 server time)
  • PvP maps (various)
  • skill lag, Character jumping movements, freeze times followed by rapid movements (1s-15s in duration)

additional info: see attached
I’ll update if I can

Attachments:

What are you a jock?…. get out, This is nerd landia, where nerds gather!

(edited by RaGe.9834)

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

ae-3-80.edge6.frankfurt1.level3.net

showing packet loss even on early morning.

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

Your location = England
Time and date of incident (plus time zone) = Constantly, however tonights performance was at 19:00 on the 22nd Feb 2015
Game World = Aurora Glade. Gets worse in Dungeons and Fractals.
Brief description of what you’re seeing = Insane lag and D/C’s from server. Lag spikes can last anywhere fom 2-3 secs right upto 30+ secs. These 30+ sec ones usualy end up in a D/C.

(edited by Missywink.7162)

Posted by: Isis O Ziris.6350

Isis O Ziris.6350

I had the same results (Hungary here). What is happening in Frankfurt, are some “bitgoblins” eating our packets?

level 3 they are the problem

(edited by Isis O Ziris.6350)

Posted by: Etruzki.2183

Etruzki.2183

Your location: Finland
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): Every day almost all day recently gmt +2
Game World: Gandara
Brief description of what you’re seeing: Mostly happening when I’m playing pvp. Sometimes everything else works fine but my skills won’t activate or activate way too late after pressing the binded key. Sometimes enemy players are not where they show up at my screen. Others that live in my area and have the same internet provider aren’t getting lag while I am and the other way around. This is pretty much ruining the game for me as I like to play dd ele and it requires fast action with the skills.

Posted by: Andronica Farwyn.7684

Andronica Farwyn.7684

Your location: Germany (Deutsche Telekom)
Time and date of incident: 18-20 February, 20:00-23:00 CET
Game World: Aurora Glade
Description: Rubberbanding and extreme skill lag (sometimes more than 60 seconds), often followed by disconnect. USING A VPN to circumvent Telekom routing COMPLETELY SOLVED THIS PROBLEM!

Posted by: LadyofHats.8316

LadyofHats.8316

Your location: Germany (Telekom)
Time and date of incident (plus time zone):
23 feb 2015, from 20 uhr onwards. ( became inposible to play at arround 21:20) UTC +1
Game World: doing daily in piken square
Brief description of what you’re seeing. monsters in basic animation, pc characters runing into walls. skills not working but flashing. chat working normally :/ or at least with less delay. followed by disconect. then repeat

Posted by: Andronica Farwyn.7684

Andronica Farwyn.7684

Your location: Germany (Deutsche Telekom)
Time and date of incident: 23 February, 21:40 CET
Game World: Aurora Glade
Description: Again massive skill lag (30-60 seconds), but without disconnect. Using VPN to circumvent Telekom routing again worked perfectly and solved the problem.

(edited by Andronica Farwyn.7684)

Posted by: Twitches.3805

Twitches.3805

Server: Vizunah Place FR

I’ve almost always had issues with lag, and sometimes even logging in or being able to stay online from about 1800 to 2300 my time, 0100 – 0600 server. For the last few days, I have only been able to get on, grab my daily box, and maybe open it before I get the ‘disconnected’ error code in the same approximate time frame.

Found this thread and was finally able to log in long enough and with the necessary stability to use the /ip command in-game for a tracert and ping at 0145 my time.
I found the same holdup at frankfurt1.level3.net as apparently most other folks have.

Annoying.

Posted by: Xeloren.1682

Xeloren.1682

Your location: Budapest, Hungary
Time and date of incident (plus time zone): 21:50 24/02/2015 GMT+1
Game World: Gandara
Brief description of what you’re seeing: It started like a month ago that i’m having 1-2sec skillag in primetime anywhere in the game, which means i basicly can’t play. The game is running fine mostly before and after primetime without lag. It should be a server problem, because out of the game my connection is fine and other games are running without lag in primetime (from 19pm-23pm).
Please try to solve this because the game is unplayable in that time and today the lag was even more ridiculous.

Xeloren [TUP]

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

I just wanted to let you guys know we haven’t forgotten about this issue.

We have several teams working on improving the things we have control over, and we’re collecting data to figure out which external network factors are contributing to the problem. While we can’t directly fix the latter, we hope that with your help we can gather enough information to work with ISPs to reduce the packet loss that’s happening between your computers and our servers. We’ve already started working with some of them, and appreciate whatever patience you can muster while we try to get the game playable again for you.

I’m waiting to hear back from a couple colleagues regarding our next steps. When I do, I’ll update this thread with more information on the status of the problems and anything else you guys can do to help us get this solved. Thanks again.

I have to say that your mashing of players together into the ill-conceived “mega-server”, particularly coupled with the inability to traverse instances manually and the added density of players trying to do the daily completions, is making a bad situation much worse.

You took alot of the fun things that players liked in the game (such as champ trains, and world farming runs) and forced them to paly a much-stifled, timered version, while also failing to technically support your imposed limits so that players could continue to have fun.

This entire debacle is unfortunately demonstrative of an overarching problem with corporations in the US, and that’s the idea that profits are the primary concern of any endeavor., but which actually ends up killing the golden goose.

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Time and date of incident (plus time zone): starting from 19:00 GMT, February 26, 2015
Brief description of what you’re seeing: severe packet loss (people blinking around, skills not activating, chat delay, etc).

The game is completely unplayable again… sent my pingplotter log to the aforementioned email address, hope it’ll help you fix this.